Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Say goodbye to Leap of Faith (Read 35086 times)
Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Say goodbye to Leap of Faith
Reply #25 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:46am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:36am:
i just want to point out those of you who think abundant step on a monk is unbalanced or deserves a nerf needs to learn a lot more about DDO or take the emotions out of it. i understand youre probably upset one of the most OP things in ddo is getting nerfed but theres no reason to randomly spout nonsense. and if you didnt see a change coming to leap of faith you really are dense. i love it when people put all their eggs into the biggest strongest basket then someone comes along and takes a shit in it. im not an advocator of nerfs but it does make me laugh to see people cry about it. 

OP implies power. There's no power in running away, ie wings. The dots are what's OP. The ability was fine as is. This post was stupid, stop talking.

Not surprised in the slightest, however. This game is shit on a shitstick. The devs don't care and have never cared about what the players say in regards to upcoming nerfs.

In other news, the new death mechanic in epic sounds exciting. +1 turbine.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:47am by Soul »  

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #26 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:36am:
i just want to point out those of you who think abundant step on a monk is unbalanced or deserves a nerf needs to learn a lot more about DDO or take the emotions out of it. i understand youre probably upset one of the most OP things in ddo is getting nerfed but theres no reason to randomly spout nonsense. and if you didnt see a change coming to leap of faith you really are dense. i love it when people put all their eggs into the biggest strongest basket then someone comes along and takes a shit in it. im not an advocator of nerfs but it does make me laugh to see people cry about it. 

I don't have a FvS so any change to LoF affects me in no way. But given the way that turbine "fixes" stuff, even completely unrelated things will become broken. That's not to say that somehow some way they'll fuck up abundant step and the air sorc equivalent when they "fix" leap of faith. Because they will. That's how they roll.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #27 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:46am:
OP implies power. There's no power in running away, ie wings. The dots are what's OP. The ability was fine as is. This post was stupid, stop talking.

Not surprised in the slightest, however. This game is shit on a shitstick. The devs don't care and have never cared about what the players say in regards to upcoming nerfs.

In other news, the new death mechanic in epic sounds exciting. +1 turbine.

you must not be very observant either. or youre letting your emotions get the best of you... you know FvS were soloing everything pre-divine punishment right? Clerics werent. do you think its because of more sp? No. its wings and always has been wings. all they really need to do is put a 15-20 second CD on it and it would be fine. leave sp cost just dont allow it to be continuously spammed using archon + BB to kill everything while you remain evasive.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #28 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:54am:
you must not be very observant either. or youre letting your emotions get the best of you... you know FvS were soloing everything pre-divine punishment right? Clerics werent. do you think its because of more sp? No. its wings and always has been wings. all they really need to do is put a 15-20 second CD on it and it would be fine. leave sp cost just dont allow it to be continuously spammed using archon + BB to kill everything while you remain evasive.

The DR doesn't hurt, either. 

If they do change the cooldown, just pumping it up to a 5 or 5 second cooldown would be plenty.

fnord

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 11:27am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 10:15pm:
and permanently reverse their decision to add "Fly" as a casters spell in a future update.

Can I get a link to where anyone at any point has said casters will get fly besides you?

Also increase cool down on leap and make all similar abilities affected by chains and DA wouldn't hurt my feelings and I have a sorc and had a fvs. This would still leave the unique ability intact for moving across large jumps and the like in titan and others which is all it should have been good for to begin with.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #30 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 11:35am
Print Post  
This is assinine.

1)  Wings are a class feature of FvS.  The ability to fly.  Not fly 5 times per rest or once every sixty seconds.  The ability to fly.  Now, Turbine, although they have the Fly spell/ability do not give FvS this ability.  They made Leap of Faith.  A scaled down version that is basically a mini-turbo boost with a wing animation and some flying feathers.  They already gimped it down when they released it.  They took the abundant step and added an animation.  It has no benefits beyond what monks got.

2)  FvS are a high favor reward or TP purchase class.  I'd venture to guess, given how many FvS I see out there that 75% of them are the result of TP purchases.  That means people bought them with certain expectations.  You don't sell a steak dinner with two sides,  have me pay for it, and then come and take one of the sides off the table and say, "Oops.  I know you thought  you were getting two sides, but I decided its not a good deal for us.  I'm taking one back".

3)  If you don't nerf Monks, then the problem isn't with the abundant step/Leap of Faith.  If it is the combination of the DoT's and the LoF that is really the issue, then nerf the DoT's.  DoT's are not a part of unique class functionality that give the class it's "personality".  Barb's rage.  Rogues sneak attack, Bards play songs, FvS fly.  Fix the problem that you created when you added DoT's and did your amazingly successful spell list revision.

4)  If the problem is with kiting primarily, then change the AI to make the kiting less beneficial.  It makes sense that Aggro would switch if the FvS flew away.  Or...Harry and Horoth both have a teleport/telekenisis ability to pull you in.  That they almost never use.  Have them use it more often on an FvS that wings away.  I agree that chained FvS should not be able to fly.  Give the bosses more of these kinds of mechanisms to stop FvS, monks, and air savants.  Make some bosses faster.  Horoth is so fast and has such range on his attacks I'm not sure wing kiting him is much of a strategy.  Make the mobs faster/smarter/tougher.  Don't take away a class feature that is unique and personality defining.  That's the weak way out.

BTW, Why are FvS getting the nerf bat? WF Casters are tanking the shadows in ToD part 2.  WF Casters are tanking Horoth and Suulu in ToD.  WF Casters are tanking the CAD.  WF Casters have solo'd or duo'd every quest in the game on every difficulty including epics.  WF Casters can get 600-700 HP without breaking a sweat and have 25 DR while doing 3000+ damage per cast and self heal.  And LoF is a massive game balance issue?  Are you fucking kidding me?

LoF is not making melee unnecessary.  Your unbalanced HP/DR/AC system and unlimited mana combined with your recent spell list revision is making melee unnecessary.

Fuck off, Turbine. 

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 11:57am
Print Post  

Dear Turbine,

Soloing is OP. Please nerf the players.

-- Signed,
someguy

Dude you're dumb, everything in this game can be solo'ed by the right player with any class. Shroud was solo'ed by an arcane, lets nerf arcanes. Shroud was solo'ed by a rangers, lets nerf rangers. Actually rofl can't nerf rangers anymore than they already are.

And for what it's worth, this has nothing to do with emotion. I don't play my fvs and probably never will. Being a healer makes me into a terrible person. So that point is moot.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 11:58am by Soul »  

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #32 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:00pm
Print Post  

Just so you know, jackass - I was soloing sins on all difficulties on my fvs builds without wings or dots pre update 9.

You couldn't be more misinformed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #33 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
you two sure are defensive and sensitive Wink

you sound kinda mad. you mad?

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #34 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:12pm:

No, I'm not angry.  I just don't care for bullshit posts with no basis in truth.

Got anything else to say that actually matters?  Or will you reply with another attempt at a comeback I'm likely to hear from my 12 year old niece?

Changing the wing mechanics will not put any kind of wrench in my playstyle or solo quest completions.  It will however reinforce the theory that listening to a few people whining can elicit unwelcome changes.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:12pm:

Nice rebuttal, chump. Your comments were nonsensical and now you have nothing intelligent to say. I highly suggest you stfu

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #36 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:17pm:
No, I'm not angry.  I just don't care for bullshit posts with no basis in truth.

Got anything else to say that actually matters?  Or will you reply with another attempt at a comeback I'm likely to hear from my 12 year old niece?

Changing the wing mechanics will not put any kind of wrench in my playstyle or solo quest completions.  It will however reinforce the theory that listening to a few people whining can elicit unwelcome changes.

if you continue to be the apparently amazing player you are and soloing everything without wings... it shouldnt concern you at all then eh? im not sure why you care that a bunch of retards on official forums cried about wings and got it changed. their complaining has nothing to do with you... however the wing changes.. oh wait! i see now.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #37 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:26pm:
if you continue to be the apparently amazing player you are and soloing everything without wings... it shouldnt concern you at all then eh?

Why do people say stupid shit like this?  Do they think it actually makes sense?  Did a squirrel run through an open window and crap in their cheerios that morning, infecting them with a bad case of ulcerous stupidity?

fnord

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #38 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:28pm:
Why do people say stupid shit like this?  Do they think it actually makes sense?  Did a squirrel run through an open window and crap in their cheerios that morning, infecting them with a bad case of ulcerous stupidity?

i had raisin bran! need my fiber

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #39 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:26pm:
if you continue to be the apparently amazing player you are and soloing everything without wings... it shouldnt concern you at all then eh? im not sure why you care that a bunch of retards on official forums cried about wings and got it changed. their complaining has nothing to do with you... however the wing changes.. oh wait! i see now.

Here's the crux of it.  I don't care about wings being changed.

I do care about changing core class abilities to appease whining melee.

Now look up quickly, and then down so that doesn't go above your head and/or below your feet.  Incidentally, could you point out anywhere I've ever posted claiming to be uber?  I'd like to see that. 

I will concede however that soloing requires more forethought than running forward with auto-attack engaged.

Got anything else?  If you step up your game a bit, you might amuse me.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #40 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:00pm:
Just so you know, jackass - I was soloing sins on all difficulties on my fvs builds without wings or dots pre update 9.

Changing the wing mechanics will not put any kind of wrench in my playstyle or solo quest completions.

i was merely mocking you for even mentioning these.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #41 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:46pm:
i was merely mocking you for even mentioning these.

lol...

Is that to say you cannot solo a quest?  What a sorry state you must be in as a player then.  You have my sympathies...

I haven't had this problem on any of my toons past my first month playing this game.  Sorry to hear your that far below the curve.

In any event, I've decided that your not worthwhile in terms of debate.  Your information is false, and children have better comebacks when making the attempt to be snarky. 

For the future: before you decide to advocate a game change with false analogies and derptastic commentary, take your head out of your ass.  Perhaps then your head will not be full of shit.  I rescind the jackass comment.  Mainly due to the fact that a jackass at least provides some entertainment.

Happy trolling to you,

Madcow430 Wink

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
I definitely have to agree with one thing in this thread without a doubt:

He definitely mad.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #43 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 1:49pm:
I definitely have to agree with one thing in this thread without a doubt:

He definitely mad.

I found the thread to be very entertaining.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #44 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
I can say I am past mad, and right into pissed.

I paid for FvS when I downgraded from VIP. I liked the class enough and decided to buy it for access to the class on any server I decided to play on.

Leap of Faith is not overpowered; I use it for fleeing mobs so I don't die and for chasing down the idiots who run half a dungeon away then start dying. Hardy sounds overpowered to me.

The Devs seem to be forgetting that there are a hell of a lot of healing specced FvS in DDO, not every single one is a DoT specced damage dealer and an expert at kiting.

When Turbine decides to nail my FvS to the floor by nerfing Leap of Faith, this is is not hurting my DPS ability; its hurting my healing ability, which is a nerf that is going to fuck the whole group over.

Leap of Faith has been in DDO for about two years now that I am aware of; so seriously fuck you Turbine that its suddenly decided by Devs to be seriously overpowered.

DoTs are overpowered. But its the Devs shiny new toy; Heavens forbid they just say "We fucked up; sorry we will fix this" so instead they will break everything else in a irritating and futile attempt at trying to modify the players and game to fit with DoT usage.

Fix the Fucking DoTs and leave the FvS Leap of Faith alone.

If this goes though, I am going to mail them and insist on being allowed to change classes to Cleric, and demand a refund.

I paid for a FvS, not a cleric but with no good enhancement lines.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:35pm by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #45 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
From Eladrin:

Quote:
We're currently looking at raising the cooldown of Leap of Faith and Wind Dance to 9 seconds, and increasing the spell point cost to 10. We're leaving Abundant Step unchanged, since the ki cost is already a limiting factor in a major way that it isn't for sorcerers or favored souls.

Torc's proposed changes won't destroy Leap of Faith. An increased cooldown still leaves is an exceptionally useful ability, that can still be used to escape danger or maneuver in combat.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #46 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
9 seconds is an eternity in a fast paced game like this.

I had FINALLY gotten used to the 6 seconds on my Sorc Sad

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #47 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:57pm:
9 seconds is an eternity in a fast paced game like this.

I had FINALLY gotten used to the 6 seconds on my Sorc Sad

i think thats a fair change. not too harsh and see where it goes from there. people will still complain but it doesnt make the class or ability useless.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 2:34pm:
I can say I am past mad, and right into pissed.

U mad/??

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #49 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 12:05am:
Arkat wrote on Aug 22nd, 2011 at 11:52pm:
I doubt Abundant Step will be nerfed.

Lormyr said:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4013543#post4013543

Awwwwww how cute is your optimism??

Quote:
We're currently looking at raising the cooldown of Leap of Faith and Wind Dance to 9 seconds, and increasing the spell point cost to 10.  We're leaving Abundant Step unchanged, since the ki cost is already a limiting factor in a major way that it isn't for sorcerers or favored souls.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4015699#post4015699

You were saying?  Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:47pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Send TopicPrint