Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Say goodbye to Leap of Faith (Read 35083 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: Say goodbye to Leap of Faith
Reply #50 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:47pm:
You were saying?  Tongue

How often has what they said was going to happen been implemented exactly like they said?

« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 3:51pm by rest »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #51 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
One of the reason I like my FvS is the solo ability of the class. Now, I don't solo epics, but I solo some Amarath quests and normal with my FvS when I am people hating mood. I hope this doesn't jack up my ability to do that. I have 2 FvS and 1 Cleric and I like all three, but the all play way different (evoker, WF Melee FvS, and healbot cleric). I want them to stay different.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 4:23pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #52 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
What pisses me off the most about this is change is that it spawned this thread and the title is causing Billy Joel songs to get stuck in my brain without my tacit approval.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:54am:
you must not be very observant either. or youre letting your emotions get the best of you... you know FvS were soloing everything pre-divine punishment right? Clerics werent. do you think its because of more sp? No. its wings and always has been wings. all they really need to do is put a 15-20 second CD on it and it would be fine. leave sp cost just dont allow it to be continuously spammed using archon + BB to kill everything while you remain evasive.

It's not the wings, it's the dr.  I turtle up and DP lailat to death now.  Actually much faster then when I was trying to kite her and the efreeti's through the blade barriers before. 

Wings just let me pull a bigger train of mobs through more blade barriers, but since they're not longer extended don't really even need to do that.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:26pm by LordPiglet »  

IP Logged

pissedoffonArgo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Fuckin pathetic how instead of just giving gimp melees some love they would rather take away from casters.

It does not matter. Only thing this will effect is fvs soloing Vod. And even then it will still be possible to just tank the boss. The devs seem to have mistaken the wings being a reason the class is godly . luckily they forot about the dr and dots for now.

Seriously a lame duck move on their part tho. A couple of piss ant melees are disgruntled that they are not the center of attention and they start with the nerf fest.

I honestly do not get why players call for nerfs to one class and not improvements to theirs instead. Retards! This is typical Turbine behavior. Their first mistake is actually listening to shade and madmatt. These fuckin dolts cry nerf whenever anything cool gets released for a class they do not play.

Oh well cut out wings. Maybe they will change the color of em to shit brown to add a extra slap in the face...

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
I remember doing epic dq in what I call "chicken with the head cut off" method before people wised up and swapped over to the wall/sparten (whatever your server calls it method).  I'm sure it was a poor method to heal, (i never did), and frankly it wasn't much fun to be in even as a ranger. 

However the, stand around and heal the tank while he establishes aggro and then we swap tanks or just all beat on the back side method, is pretty boring.  Apparently that's basically the only way they want us to beat raids.  Have a designated tank, and everyone else beats on, and fvs/clerics heal.  Now all I need is an auto heal for my fvs and I can sleep through raids like I do on my melee's.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 6:52pm by LordPiglet »  

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #56 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?&postid=4016372#post4016372

Eladrin:
Quote:
I like that idea quite a bit. So does Torc.

You win the thread!

Edit:

We're currently thinking 3 second cooldown, 5 uses, recharging one use every 15 seconds. Wind Dance would have the same rules attached to it. This lets you have a nice burst of speed when you need it, and the recharge rate is fast enough that it's not totally burdensome.

Not as horrible as their first suggestion.  Absoultely less odious than I feared.

I'd say it's even a buff for Air Savants.
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2011 at 7:25pm by popejubal »  

fnord

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #57 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
Hell now I wish they were including monks in the change Cry

IP Logged

Stoogie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
The compromise sounds alright, but I wish they'd leave it as-is in public areas. 98% of the time I use it is outside of dungeons (when I'm not busy making up bullshit statistics).

Epoch wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:44am:
Beating up women isn't the same as fucking them.  Also, shame on you for doing so.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #59 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 4:22pm:
One of the reason I like my FvS is the solo ability of the class. Now, I don't solo epics, but I solo some Amarath quests and normal with my FvS when I am people hating mood. I hope this doesn't jack up my ability to do that. I have 2 FvS and 1 Cleric and I like all three, but the all play way different (evoker, WF Melee FvS, and healbot cleric). I want them to stay different.

My thoughts are that it won't make any difference in playstyle in the high majority of quests. 

It is typical for me to self provide haste, line select points in a hallway in sins and let the orthons/barbazu soften themselves up making their way to me.  I've never been a fan of kiting strategies anyway...

Having jump and haste makes makes kiting mostly anything pretty easy anyway.  Never had an interest in soloing raids/epics to completion due to the resource cost.  However I've finished off Arri on a couple of occasions I can recall with blade barriers. That was past losing people during lag spikes before nerfdate 5.

Wing use for blade barrier kiting has never been a must have.  This is why the devs fucking around with timers doesn't bother me.  What continues to vex me is twofold:

1. Any of my melee fvs builds raid heal and help dps.  Divine punishment made my preferred playstyle more potent.  Healing TOD on the main tank became more interesting.  Timing when to stack dots on Horoth vs potentially stealing aggro made a boring job (heal the hp bag) more engaging.  A few people with long posting history have taken issue with this on the official forums.  They are receiving a damage buff in update 11 as a response.  It still won't allow them to out dps my skinny little elf fvs over time.  So, they've turned a genuine chance of making melee dps more relevant into shit.

2. Changing core class abilities.  According to what I've been aware of, Fvs gains flight of 60ft a round.  That's pretty double the run speed of the other party members.  DDO chose to implement this with a speed boost type mechanic instead of actual flight.  That's a kick in the shin right there.  Now suddenly, they want to change it again by extending the cooldown and sp cost.  What this seems to suggest is that anything is game to be transmogrified into something that caters to jealous whiny barbarian players.

A better solution would be along the lines of the heavy gravity mechanic.  An FvS is supposed to lose flight when in medium or better encumbrance, as well as when wearing medium armor or better.  Being chained is supposed to take flight away.  A raid boss/high level evil outsider should have this as a tool to stop the 'nuke it from orbit' stratagem.  It's their way of saying get down here and face me. 

Or better yet, our dm had a way of reversing shit on you.  You want to spend your actions trying to nuke that devil?  Okay cool, now watch this shit...  'You find yourself chained and bound to the ground.  The Horrned Devil flaps it wings, and with a resounding roar takes to the air above you.  Roll to save versus Meteor Swarm.  Role reversal is effective.  I wonder why all of these winged bosses never bother to fly, eh?

IP Logged

Milamber69
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #60 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Goodbye

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
I keep thinking about how unhappy I am with the changes, and then I realize I'm never playing a favored soul again anyway, so it doesn't matter.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #62 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:22pm:
2. Changing core class abilities.  According to what I've been aware of, Fvs gains flight of 60ft a round.  That's pretty double the run speed of the other party members.  DDO chose to implement this with a speed boost type mechanic instead of actual flight.  That's a kick in the shin right there.  Now suddenly, they want to change it again by extending the cooldown and sp cost.  What this seems to suggest is that anything is game to be transmogrified into something that caters to jealous whiny barbarian players Shade. 

Fixed it.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Mastertool
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 23rd, 2011 at 9:49pm:
2. Changing core class abilities.  According to what I've been aware of, Fvs gains flight of 60ft a round.  That's pretty double the run speed of the other party members.  DDO chose to implement this with a speed boost type mechanic instead of actual flight.  That's a kick in the shin right there.  Now suddenly, they want to change it again by extending the cooldown and sp cost.  What this seems to suggest is that anything is game to be transmogrified into something that caters to jealous whiny barbarian players Shade. 

Fixed it.

Something had to be done, that Favored Soul had more kills than Shade.  Something wasn't right he had to sit down and figure out what went wrong, then it hit him.  Those darn Favored Souls are moving faster than a Barbarian with sprint boost.  Nerf them, Nerf them all!  Cheesy

There are a crap load of nerf DOTs posts going on now as well.  Angry

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Aug 23rd, 2011 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
It's just sad that players asking for challenging content, variety in how raids worked are upset that their high hp mana sponge is out performed by another class when it comes to dealing with the raid boss.

He's bored in one raid, divines are pretty bored in every other raid boss fight in the game

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #65 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:18am
Print Post  
You know I don't have a problem with Turbine seeing something they think is wrong, and trying to fix it. Even if their fix is stupid. At least they're doing something about what they percieve is a problem. Wish they had a better grasp of the game to properly assest root causes/contributing facors, but eh.

I don't have a problem with them taking something away from a class I paid for. In fact only kinda prefer it if it marks an end to some of the creeping pay to win that's been slowly getting in.

I don't have a problem with changing 'core class abilities'. WTF is that anyway? FVS aren't a core class, and they were in the game before wings so it can't be that crucial to them.

No, what I have a problem with is the whiny wheel getting greased. (maybe that should happen more often. And danced, lots of dancing grease for them) To much 'I'm nothing but a haste/rage bot in epics and they want me to CC.' 'Everyone is TWF with wounding of puncturing.' 'Divines don't need me and want to do more than hjeal/buff me.' To much of that and every 'fix' only reinforces the notion that whiny players should bitch if they're not feeling particularly uber that day.

Couple that with Turbine catering, seemingly, to the top 1-2% of the hardcoriest of power gamers who've played since beta, have all the gear, and twitch with super mario skills who post all fucking day and night on the official forums so dimwitted jagoffs that can't think for themselves can drink a steady diet of the koolaid, and we're left with a staggering amount of cookie cutter builds or left out from the best gear. To much of that and suddenly my level 17 with evasion can't get into a Shroud because he doesn't have 400 hps, people want to see boss beaters for normal VoD, 'selective' seems to be the new 'know it' for anything but normal quests.

It's bullshit and completly avoidable. Solid game knowledge at the design stage, thorough testing during development, and a wider pool of feedback should aliviate most of that.

Oh, and some people knowing that the entire game isn't just for there for their own personal obsession.

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #66 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:17am
Print Post  
I don't think this will affect that many people really. The top tier players will notice it, but the rest of us mere mortals who probably use Wings a lot less frequently (Not every dungeon is a run as fast as you can till red DA then Wing BB Wing) won't .  This is assuming that it's altered as posted above tho.

People are always gonna be defensive about their favourite class and nerfs, this one isn't that terrible and probably won't even affect most people in any noticable way.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:19am by Calvet »  

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:19am
Print Post  
JoJI wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:18am:
I don't have a problem with changing 'core class abilities'. WTF is that anyway? FVS aren't a core class, and they were in the game before wings so it can't be that crucial to them.

Core class-abilities, not core-class abilities.  Core class vs. non-core class is completely silly in DDO, anyway.

Also, FvS had wings from the start.  They were introduced with F2P, with wings.

IP Logged

JoJI
Korthos Resident

Reply #68 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Thanks Cor, for correcting my core class snaffu and that FvS's had wings from the start.

But seriously so a FvS' wings are what set them apart? Central in their design? Not the abundence of SP, elemental resistances, and less spells known but wings... at lvl17?

Well that's just dumb. It's not like wings are as important to FvS as domains should be to Clerics.

I still don't know what YaBB is

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #69 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:17am:
I don't think this will affect that many people really. The top tier players will notice it, but the rest of us mere mortals who probably use Wings a lot less frequently (Not every dungeon is a run as fast as you can till red DA then Wing BB Wing) won't .  This is assuming that it's altered as posted above tho.

People are always gonna be defensive about their favourite class and nerfs, this one isn't that terrible and probably won't even affect most people in any noticable way.

I am just one of those "mere mortals" and FvS is a favored class, but not my favorite. And I am quite upset about this nerf.

Leap of Faith is a perk. If it let me do 1K damage each use by passing close to/though mobs; ala some sort of X-men "Archangel" wing attack skill then I can then honestly see the bitching, and Turbine nerfing it.

But it lets you move fast. Thats it, no leet game breaking damage or benefits; you just move fast.

Then Turbine has the balls to tell me my "perk" is to overpowered and desperately needs a nerf to save the game from distruction.

Its a old system is the problem; and crappy boss AI that cannot be improved from beyond its current abilities to cope with the new things they keep introducing.

DDO is 5+ years old now, I know they are supposedly working on a new system, but fuck me, quit gimping shit we like just to try to make up for your multiple shortcomings in coding and design.

...and fix the damn DoTs Grin
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:38am by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #70 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:28am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:35am:
I am just one of those "mere mortals" and FvS is a favored class, but not my favorite. And I am quite upset about this nerf.

Leap of Faith is a perk. If it let me do 1K damage each use by passing close to/though mobs; ala some sort of X-men "Archangel" wing attack skill then I can then honestly see the bitching, and Turbine nerfing it.

But it lets you move fast. Thats it, no leet game breaking damage or benefits; you just move fast.

Then Turbine has the balls to tell me my "perk" is to overpowered and desperately needs a nerf to save the game from distruction.

Its a old system is the problem; and crappy boss AI that cannot be improved from beyond its current abilities to cope with the new things they keep introducing.

DDO is 5+ years old now, I know they are supposedly working on a new system, but fuck me, quit gimping shit we like just to try to make up for your multiple shortcomings in coding and design.

I'm not really arguing that a lot of people will be upset, just that when it goes live, the players who aren't spamming wings constantly probably won't notice a lot of differance.

The ability itself will be the same from what I saw. We can still evade chains and Red alert, just that we might have to save wings now for those "Oh Fuck!" moments.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:34am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:35am:

Wings are incredibly powerful.  It isn't just about moving fast.  On a caster FvS, it's basically equivalent to infinite AC vs. melee attacks for basically no gear and hardly any SP investment. 

You're just getting worked up over nothing.  If ur gonna get mad every time a game company nerfs something in an MMO that you play, might I suggest that you're leading yourself for an early heart attack.  Nerfs happens. 

And honestly, if you didn't see this nerf coming, you and I haven't been playing the same FvS class.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:58am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=337006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
I like that idea quite a bit. So does Torc.

You win the thread!

Edit:
We're currently thinking 3 second cooldown, 5 uses, recharging one use every 15 seconds. Wind Dance would have the same rules attached to it. This lets you have a nice burst of speed when you need it, and the recharge rate is fast enough that it's not totally burdensome.

So, smite timer mechanic, basically seems to be where that's headed (today).
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 4:02am by »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #73 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:28am
Print Post  
If I wanted to gimp my sorc and be air savant, I might care.

If I could get my FVS past level 15, I might care.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

rimble
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Nerf Monks!  I'm tired of them soloing Epics and Raids all the time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint