Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Say goodbye to Leap of Faith (Read 35123 times)
JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Re: Say goodbye to Leap of Faith
Reply #75 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
JoJI wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:18am:
Couple that with Turbine catering, seemingly, to the top 1-2% of the hardcoriest of power gamers who've played since beta, have all the gear, and twitch with super mario skills who post all fucking day and night on the official forums so dimwitted jagoffs that can't think for themselves can drink a steady diet of the koolaid, and we're left with a staggering amount of cookie cutter builds or left out from the best gear.

WTF are you talking about here? This is bullshit. Turbine never sides with the top 1-2% of power gamers. You sound butt hurt because you cant get a shroud on your gimp toon and are attributing this to power gamers and drinking the koolaid?

JoJI wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:18am:
To much of that and suddenly my level 17 with evasion can't get into a Shroud because he doesn't have 400 hps, people want to see boss beaters for normal VoD, 'selective' seems to be the new 'know it' for anything but normal quests.

It's bullshit and completly avoidable. Solid game knowledge at the design stage, thorough testing during development, and a wider pool of feedback should aliviate most of that.

Oh, and some people knowing that the entire game isn't just for there for their own personal obsession.

The people who "drink the koolaid" that you are talking about are the other 98% of the populace that think there is only one way to do something, and MyDDO people for the Shroud.

Here is a little hint. The top "power gamers" are short manning shroud. If they want some light comedy they invite a pug to tease/make fun of so the gimpier the better.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #76 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
the new idea isn't so horrible considering some of the shitty alternatives some people have mentioned.

3 sec cooldown 5 charges, recharge 1 per 15 sec.

I primarily use it when I'm going long distances (easy example is getting to DQ1)

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Wow, that is actually incredibly reasonable.  I suspect even Kitsune will be able to get over that one.  Tongue

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Will it fix what they think is broken?

IP Logged

Asketes
Puppy Farmer

Perma

Reply #79 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
I'd be happier w/ say 8 or 10 uses, BUT I am okay with this IF they insist on changing it.

It's funny, they change fun mechanics b/c it can be used/abused in like one or two quests. /sigh

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #80 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:34am:
Wings are incredibly powerful.  <snip>
And honestly, if you didn't see this nerf coming, you and I haven't been playing the same FvS class. 

See, this is the part I hate.  Its total bullshit.  SOS - if they nerf it tomorrow you can say: SOS is
Quote:
incredibly powerful.  <snip>
And honestly, if you didn't see this nerf coming, you and I haven't been playing the same FvS class. 

or if they nerf: Khopesh is

Quote:

or hell, even pots: Yugo Pots/Silver Flame Pots/ HP/SP POTS!!!11one! are
Quote:

I have multiple FvS.  I like spamming the wings to move faster.  I play healer based mostly though, and don't really solo stuff where a wing/bb/dot would be a style to kill be a boss; I mostly run in circles like a proverbial headless chicken.  But to have someone say "X is overpowered, you had to see it coming" is being lame and asinine.  Some things in a game are more powerful than others - saying a fighter doesn't get his all his extra feats because it can cause builds to be OP is in the same league as saying wings are OP - they are part of the class & how it was designed and it is lame that they are changing it.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #81 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:59pm:
SOS - if they nerf it tomorrow you can say

They already nerfed eSoS.

or if they nerf: Khopesh is

What do you think the boss fort changes are for?

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
*snip*

X is overpowered, you had to see it coming" is being lame and asinine.  Some things in a game are more powerful than others -

No, because "overpowered" is not the same as "more powerful."  SOS is powerful, but it isn't overshadowed by a crafted alignment burst metal of greater bane.  There is nothing that compares to wings.  It isn't just broken in 1-2 quests. 

And lastly, this is all pretty irrelevant to the point I was making, but feel free to continue to ignore it:

You.  Are getting mad.  At a nerf. 

Just think about that for a second. 

If they nerfed SOS and you got mad:
If they nerfed Khopesh and you got mad:
Or hell fi they nerfed Silver Flame pots and you got mad:

The fact is, you're still getting mad at a nerf.  Even if you can't predict individual nerfs, you sure as hell should know that nerfs are going to happen to your shit.  That's just the nature of MMOs and if you can't handle it and are going to get so butthurt and angry every time it happens, I honestly question why you're playing an MMO.  Masochism?

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #83 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Someone needs to suggest putting frenzy and death frenzy on timers. THEY ARE EFFING OP!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #84 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 12:21pm:
Wow, that is actually incredibly reasonable.  I suspect even Kitsune will be able to get over that one.  Tongue 

That is not a reasonable compromise; because they are still fucking with something very popular, and that in no way needs fixing in the first place.

I am seeing a lot of "Gimp them! They can solo Epics with LoF and BB and DoT". Well, excuse me, but cannot PM WF do the exact same damn thing, but with about 1/100 of the effort and resources of a FvS trying to BB a epic boss to death?

Its a nerf because the Dev team is butthuting that Shades DoT/Divine party just assraped their new content.

Reading between the lines, I think the Dev's major plan for the raid was to have Melees/Tanks hot-swapping aggro between themselves to offset the stacking HP debuff/damage.

Which I am all for; melees really do need some Turbine loving. The idea of making a special place for several of them to be almost manditory in the new raid was really a good idea.

But unfortunately Shades group just went in there and DoTed the fucker to death, no melees needed, no working out by trial-and-error the special little tricks to make the raid run smoothly, they just kited and Doted it, and had a wildly successful run doing it that way.

This nerf is nothing more then a knee-jerk reaction from the Dev team after personally spectating Shade and his group rubbing their face in this epic failure in design on their part.

Its a punishment for FvS players for showing the inadaquacy of the new raid design, and thats all there is to it.

If it was a monk-heavy party; it would be the monks on the block. if it was PM WF, it would be them.

It is nerfing as a way for the Dev team to get revenge at the players who dared to expose the weakness in their design. its petty; its weak and its totally unnecessary.

*EDITE*

Haha Stainer; I just read your post, you know if you get a "Read by a Dev" on that one; your going to have to move to another country and live the rest of your life under an alias, right?  Grin

The people coming after you will make the hunt for Bin Laden look like somone searching for their lost dog in a park by comparison Cheesy
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:51pm by kitsune_ko »  

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #85 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
why dont they just make gravity heavier so FVS wings and air savants and monks cant turbo boost? You know break the mechanics on 1 raid rather than give the gears to 1 class? I would suggest it but well... you know I cant post... on 4 accounts

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #86 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:36pm:
Someone needs to suggest putting frenzy and death frenzy on timers. THEY ARE EFFING OP!

STFU.  Angry
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:45pm by Belwaar »  
IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:39pm:
That is not a reasonable compromise; because they are still fucking with something very popular, and that in no way needs fixing in the first place.

I am seeing a lot of "Gimp them! They can solo Epics with LoF and BB and DoT". Well, excuse me, but cannot PM WF do the exact same damn thing, but with about 1/100 of the effort and resources of a FvS trying to BB a epic boss to death?

Its a nerf because the Dev team is butthuting that Shades DoT/Divine party just assraped their new content.

Reading between the lines, I think the Dev's major plan for the raid was to have Melees/Tanks hot-swapping aggro between themselves to offset the stacking HP debuff/damage.

Which I am all for; melees really do need some Turbine loving. The idea of making a special place for several of them to be almost manditory in the new raid was really a good idea.

But unfortunately Shades group just went in there and DoTed the fucker to death, no melees needed, no working out by trial-and-error the special little tricks to make the raid run smoothly, they just kited and Doted it, and had a wildly successful run doing it that way.

This nerf is nothing more then a knee-jerk reaction from the Dev team after personally spectating Shade and his group rubbing their face in this epic failure in design on their part.

Its a punishment for FvS players for showing the inadaquacy of the new raid design, and thats all there is to it.

If it was a monk-heavy party; it would be the monks on the block. if it was PM WF, it would be them.

It is nerfing as a way for the Dev team to get revenge at the players who dared to expose the weakness in their design. its petty; its weak and its totally unnecessary.

*EDITE*

Haha Stainer; I just read your post, you know if you get a "Read by a Dev" on that one; your going to have to move to another country and live the rest of your life under an alias, right?  Grin

The people coming after you will make the hunt for Bin Laden look like somone searching for their lost dog in a park by comparison Cheesy

All I hear is WAHHH WAHHH I'M GETTING NERFED.  You  still have yet to make a point. 

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #88 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 2:33pm:
And lastly, this is all pretty irrelevant to the point I was making, but feel free to continue to ignore it:

You.  Are getting mad.  At a nerf. 

Just think about that for a second. 

If they nerfed SOS and you got mad:
If they nerfed Khopesh and you got mad:
Or hell fi they nerfed Silver Flame pots and you got mad:

The fact is, you're still getting mad at a nerf.  Even if you can't predict individual nerfs, you sure as hell should know that nerfs are going to happen to your shit.  That's just the nature of MMOs and if you can't handle it and are going to get so butthurt and angry every time it happens, I honestly question why you're playing an MMO.  Masochism? 

No - see I am not mad - I honestly roll with the punches.
However, I find it stupid people say a couple of things....
1. HOW COULD U NOT C DIS COMING OMG U HAD 2 NO!
bullshit - that is what it is, pure and total bullshit.  More than that, it is UNFAIR bullshit.  Not the nerf - the fact that someone should EXPECT a nerf that is not announced.  If you exploit something that is not intended -expect the nerfbat.  If you build something off a standard feature then you do have a right to be ticked after 2 years of it working this way.

And while you point of MMO changing things (including adding new features and nefs) it is unreasonable and unfair to assume that people who use something that is changing to not question (and maybe even be frustrated with) the change.  Ask the SWG guys  - sometimes these changes can even "break" a game.  Since I do enjoy DDO, I would not like to see the game broken & others feel the same way.  Use the nerf bat sparingly.

at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
You see, you say you're not mad, and then you write this:

Quote:
bullshit - that is what it is, pure and total bullshit.  More than that, it is UNFAIR bullshit.  Not the nerf - the fact that someone should EXPECT a nerf that is not announced.  If you exploit something that is not intended -expect the nerfbat.  If you build something off a standard feature then you do have a right to be ticked after 2 years of it working this way.

Which states pretty clearly that you are in fact mad. 
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 5:48pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #90 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 5:48pm:
You see, you say you're not mad, and then you write this:

Which states pretty clearly that you are in fact mad. 

I will say it slower this time
I am not mad (I typed it slower this time if you can't tell)
However, bullshit still smells like bullshit, regardless of what misdirection into whether someone is mad or not you spin.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #91 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
All I hear is WAHHH WAHHH I'M GETTING NERFED.  You  still have yet to make a point. 

My point is, seeing that you infact seem to need to spelled out for you, and in little words, is that does it not seem a little suspicious to you... just a little... that hours after the Dev team just watched live for themselves Shades party of DoT/Divines make a mockery of their work put into the latest adventure pack, and pointing out all its obvious design flaws, that the Dev team announce a nerf to FvS.

And their explaination for this is a "Oh, well FvS are grossly overpowered because they can kite" and "Oh, yea... we were thinking about nerfing them for a while actually, we just never felt like mentioning until just now".

The timing of this nerf smells, and it aint like roses.

Devs fucked up on the raid design, and obviously badly if it was defeated so easily and in a way not intended; This will not look good for them and they want/need to blame somone else; and it was a FvS heavy party that they just watched assfucking the Lord of Blades on Lamannia.

In this case I think Hanlon's razor does not apply; because this nerf is pure malice, and based on stupidity on their part.

The Dev team failed, and it is far easier to blame the players for "exploiting" and bring out the big'ol nerfbat then to man up and say "Yes, our design is flawed, we need to fix this".

I hate nerfs, everyone does, and I bitch and whine about all of them, then eventually accept them because I know that it needs to be done for the good of the game.

But in this case the bitching and whining is completely justifiable because the Dev team themselves has yet to give one valid reason as to why FvS need a nerf beating.

They need to explain, and explain well why FvS, and FvS alone need a "anti-kiting" nerf. Because to me, and right now, it looks like nothing more then the Dev team trying to cover their sorry asses for this Raid design failure and trying to dish out a little revenge in the process.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:15pm by kitsune_ko »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #92 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 6:22pm:
I will say it slower this time
I am not mad (I typed it slower this time if you can't tell)
However, bullshit still smells like bullshit, regardless of what misdirection into whether someone is mad or not you spin.

When you're whining about how bullshit and UNFAIR [sic] something is, it's hard to take your claim to not be mad seriously. 

Besides which, you stated this:

Quote:
If you build something off a standard feature then you do have a right to be ticked after 2 years of it working this way.

In other words, you think it's reasonable that other people are getting mad (e.g., kitsune) but not you.  You're too cool for that.  Maybe if you scream BULLSHIT louder, people will believe you. 
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:19pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:12pm:
My point is, seeing that you infact seem to need to spelled out for you, and in little words, is that does it not seem a little suspicious to you... just a little... that hours after the Dev team just watched live for themselves Shades party of DoT/Divines make a mockery of their work put into the latest adventure pack, and pointing out all its obvious design flaws, that the Dev team announce a nerf to FvS.

And their explaination for this is a "Oh, well FvS are grossly overpowered because they can kite" and "Oh, yea... we were thinking about nerfing them for a while actually, we just never felt like mentioning until just now".

The timing of this nerf smells, and it aint like roses.

Devs fucked up on the raid design, and obviously badly if it was defeated so easily and in a way not intended; This will not look good for them and they want/need to blame somone else; and it was a FvS heavy party that they just watched assfucking the Lord of Blades on Lamannia.

In this case I think Hanlon's razor does not apply; because this nerf is pure malice, and based on stupidity on their part.

The Dev team failed, and it is far easier to blame the players for "exploiting" and bring out the big'ol nerfbat then to man up and say "Yes, our design is flawed, we need to fix this".

I hate nerfs, everyone does, and I bitch and whine about all of them, then eventually accept them because I know that it needs to be done for the good of the game.

But in this case the bitching and whining is completely justifiable because the Dev team themselves has yet to give one valid reason as to why FvS need a nerf beating.

They need to explain, and explain well why FvS, and FvS alone need a "anti-kiting" nerf. Because to me, and right now, it looks like nothing more then the Dev team trying to cover their sorry asses for this Raid design failure and trying to dish out a little revenge in the process.

You're under the mistaken belief that any of this is relevant.  Thus, the fact that you yet to have yet to make a point in this thread. 

Also, when you start off a sentence with "the point is, is that...", to me, I don't think it should end in a question.  (But you know, rather a point)
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:24pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Reply #94 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:53pm
Print Post  
Really short and simple for you this time Mew.

When changing something well established in-game and that players love "Fuck you, thats why" is not acceptable to me as valid reason from the Dev team.

THEY have yet to in any way explain why a nerf is necessary at all.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 8:53pm:
Really short and simple for you this time Mew.

When changing something well established in-game and that players love "Fuck you, thats why" is not acceptable to me as valid reason from the Dev team.
I heard you the first five times. 

Quote:
THEY have yet to in any way explain why a nerf is necessary at all.
They did explain to you and it was quoted in the start of this thread. 
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 9:06pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
So this means clerics are better now right?

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #97 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 10:33pm:

Just in case my Sarcasm radar is malfuctioning.

No!
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2011 at 11:18pm by Calvet »  

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Aug 24th, 2011 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 10:33pm:

Right.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Aug 25th, 2011 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Aug 24th, 2011 at 11:17pm:
Just in case my Sarcasm radar is malfuctioning.

No!

No sarcasm intended. :X

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint