Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Artificer Pricing (Read 19079 times)
Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Artificer Pricing
Reply #100 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:50pm:
Legally, there is nothing wrong with it.  There was no time exception placed on this.

Exceptions need to be specified.  The lack of a "time exception" means that as soon as the game exists in a state where VIPs are intentionally denied their promised benefits, then Turbine failed to act in good faith to keep their promise.  That's where false advertising comes in.

What they then promise to do in the future to remedy the situation is besides the point.  If they delay a remedy, artificially, to encourage sales of Artificer, then they are continuing to not act in good faith.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #101 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Exceptions don't need to be specified.  Many companies, including CC companise as someone pointed out earlier, change contracts all the time.  Arkat put it all out perfectly.

The real question is, are you gonna keep crying about it like some spoiled little child denied their sippy cup, or are you going to actually do something and cancel your VIP sub?

Actions speak, crying is just a garbled mess of hysterics from someone who is too afraid to take action.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #102 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:52pm:
Actually it says that the Drow race and Favoured Soul class are available to VIPs through game-play or through purchase at the DDO Store.  It doesn't say anything about Artificers because they are not in the game.  Again, you are reading into things what you wanted to see.

If you want to argue that way, then they're even more wrong.

In that case, there's no exception covering Artificer, so they are included in the "all classes" that VIPs get for free.  In a strict interpretation, making them favor-earned, and not free-to-VIP at all, would be a violation.

However, false advertising is about what a "reasonable person" thinks.  And I'm content to concede that a "reasonable person" should assume that new classes might fit into the existing exception.

And besides, http://www.ddo.com/vip clearly spells out that VIPs get all classes, except favor-earned classes, as an open ended category.

Arkat wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:56pm:
I should say, however, that if you were so upset with the changes in the VIP terms, you should have canceled your account when Favored Soul came out.

What did FvS violate?  Drow existed before FvS as a favor-unlocked character option that subscribers didn't automatically get.

FvS came out with F2P.  Before F2P, subscribers got everything for free, or for favor, since the store didn't exist.  FvS, being earnable via favor upon release, was entirely in line with this.

But on the whole, yes, I know the practical realities if/when this goes live.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that, and until then, I see no harm in advocating against it, and advocating that if they do go ahead with it, to be upfront with it and not continue to advertise benefits they plan to not provide.

However, I wasn't so sure about the refunds.  Has Turbine generally given refunds for cancelled subscriptions?  The EULA is quite clear that they don't have to.  So far, they haven't even acknowledged this as a modification to VIP benefits, so I'm not sure if the "credit card" analogy will apply.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:25pm by Cor »  

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:09pm:
Exceptions don't need to be specified.  Many companies, including CC companise as someone pointed out earlier, change contracts all the time.  Arkat put it all out perfectly.

Then Turbine needs to be clear that they are changing the terms.  So far, they seem to think they can just sneak this in, and pretend the existing terms still apply.

Quote:
The real question is, are you gonna keep crying about it like some spoiled little child denied their sippy cup, or are you going to actually do something and cancel your VIP sub?

No point cancelling yet.  The change hasn't been made, and there's still time to advocate against it.  I haven't decided what I'll do if the change goes through.  Might depend on whether I can get a refund or not.  If not, might as well keep playing the subscription I already bought.

And anyway, demanding "shut up or leave", with no middle ground, is, again, a very childish mindset.  As an adult, I can argue against something without being so furious about it that I stamp my feat and take my toys home.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #104 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:18pm:
In that case, there's no exception covering Artificer, so they are included in the "all classes" that VIPs get for free. 

Except they're not a class that's in the game.  Jesus Christ.  Sad

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:27pm:
Except they're not a class that's in the game.  Jesus Christ.  Sad 

They will be when U11 comes.  At that time, "all classes" would logically include the Artificer.  VIP bought now covers the game as it will be over the course of the subscription term.  If Turbine intentionally changes the game in a way that violates the promises that were made at the time of sale, and especially if they actually planned to do so at the time of the sale, then they falsely advertised.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #106 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:39pm:
They will be when U11 comes.  At that time, "all classes" would logically include the Artificer.  VIP bought now covers the game as it will be over the course of the subscription term.  If Turbine intentionally changes the game in a way that violates the promises that were made at the time of sale, and especially if they actually planned to do so at the time of the sale, then they falsely advertised.

I'm starting to think that the only reason you don't want it to go through like this is that you won't be able to explain the extra TP purchase that shows up on your mother's credit card when U11 drops.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #107 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:18pm:
Has Turbine generally given refunds for cancelled subscriptions? 

Yes.

Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:25pm:
And anyway, demanding "shut up or leave"

I never said shut up or leave.  VIP is not the only way to play the game - it is F2P in case you did not notice yourself mentioning it in your rants.  Because of that completely retarded statement, I now think Glenalth has a point.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #108 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:39pm:

So long as they modify the terms before Update 11 to note that Artificer will be unlockable via favor by VIP after Update 12, will you be happy and stfu?

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #109 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Milton wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 4:09am:
I think I've missed something... what are these questionable game design decisions?

Dungeon Alert and Dungeon Scaling come to mind... as does the guild renown system and the impacts that has had on guilds.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #110 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
tgun wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:05pm:
Can't really blame Turbine for this. VIPs have already shown Turbine they have no business or fiscal sense by remaining vip instead of going with the more sensible plan of premium.

LOL!

Unfortunately, ridiculously true.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #111 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:08pm:
Dungeon Alert and Dungeon Scaling come to mind... as does the guild renown system and the impacts that has had on guilds.

These too although I'm kind of ambivalent about Dungeon Scaling.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:14pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #112 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:13pm:
These too although I'm kind of ambivalent about Dungeon Scaling.

Makes the game to easy.  Why bring a pug when you can solo it faster, this is a message from flower sniffers mind you.  I wouldn't know because people who die are lucky if I notice.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #113 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:25pm:
Makes the game to easy.  Why bring a pug when you can solo it faster, this is a message from flower sniffers mind you.  I wouldn't know because people who die are lucky if I notice.

But I usually don't solo stuff unless it's the low-level favor stuff I missed when I was leveling. In those cases, it's too easy regardless of whether there's Dungeon Scaling or not.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #114 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:38pm:
But I usually don't solo stuff unless it's the low-level favor stuff I missed when I was leveling. In those cases, it's too easy regardless of whether there's Dungeon Scaling or not.

Stop grping, it so much faster.  You can 1 shot mobs all the way up to lvl 10.  Heavy DPS can do still do it in Gh

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #115 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 7:25pm:

Also takes away the fun and feeling of accomplishment that results from soloing the dungeon intended for a party of six.  Oh, sure, you can still have the same experience on elite or epic... that doesn't take away from the fact that they removed the normal and hard options for the solo artist.

Scaling was completely unnecessary... the proper mechanic for it already existed in the form of solo/normal/hard/elite.  Dungeon Scaling removed that fidelity of control from the soloist because apparently solo/casual modes weren't easy enough for the FTP whinebags.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #116 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:05pm:
Also takes away the fun and feeling of accomplishment that results from soloing the dungeon intended for a party of six.  Oh, sure, you can still have the same experience on elite or epic... that doesn't take away from the fact that they removed the normal and hard options for the solo artist.

Scaling was completely unnecessary... the proper mechanic for it already existed in the form of solo/normal/hard/elite.  Dungeon Scaling removed that fidelity of control from the soloist because apparently solo/casual modes weren't easy enough for the FTP whinebags.

The funny part is, mobs in hard with a party of 6 are harder to kill then mobs on elite since elite doesn't change with dungeon scale.  Brilliant plan imo.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #117 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:55pm:
I'm starting to think that the only reason you don't want it to go through like this is that you won't be able to explain the extra TP purchase that shows up on your mother's credit card when U11 drops.

I can easily afford to buy Artificer if I wish.

Doesn't excuse Turbine failing to provide me what I've already paid for.

I have no intention of rewarding unethical trade practices by giving them more money.

Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 6:39pm:
I never said shut up or leave.

Shut up or leave.  Shut up or leave [VIP].  Shut up or cancel.  Same stupid thing.  Same childish failure to comprehend the grownup world, where people can oppose specific aspects of things without being so furious they throw out the whole thing.

I suggest not being a pedantic little dipshit.

Kimberlite wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 6:54pm:
So long as they modify the terms before Update 11 to note that Artificer will be unlockable via favor by VIP after Update 12, will you be happy and stfu?

It would certainly be a good thing, but it doesn't fully excuse failing to deliver on what's already been sold.  At least it would demonstrate some good faith.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #118 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 12:02am
Print Post  
Cor and Epoch...go to timeout until you can both end this droll repetitive argument and figure out how to get back to being entertaining. As it is, it's like watching two retards argue over gray being black or white and each sticking with their choice being right. You're both right. You're also both wrong.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #119 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 11:39pm:
Shut up or leave.  Shut up or leave [VIP].  Shut up or cancel.  Same stupid thing.  Same childish failure to comprehend the grownup world, where people can oppose specific aspects of things without being so furious they throw out the whole thing.

It isn't the same thing.  The reason you have such a hard time grasping what Turbine is doing is semantics.  Learn it with the english language.  It is important. 

The only thing childish things here is your incessant whining, and quite likely, my constant pointing out of it.  In the adult world, whining like a stupid little bitch isn't going to get you anywhere, or accomplish anything.  I am sorry you misunderstand that.  Also, ddo isn't the adult world.  You talk a shitty game, and your actions do everything to back it up.  Damn good thing you aren't a leader is it not?  Ooh, real world stuff!  Touchy touchy.

Next time you wanna bitch about being VIP and not getting your way, tell Turbine, and call it off.  Premium is the superior deal anyways.

Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 11:39pm:
I suggest not being a pedantic little dipshit.

When you can follow your own advice, that is when you can start giving it.  No one likes a hypocrite.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2011 at 1:06am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #120 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 2:50am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:45pm:
The funny part is, mobs in hard with a party of 6 are harder to kill then mobs on elite since elite doesn't change with dungeon scale.  Brilliant plan imo.

There is some scaling on elite. At least in the newer quests.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #121 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 at 2:50am:

Oooo, interesting.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #122 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 5:27am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 at 2:50am:

Yes.

Elite new stuff is actually quite difficult now.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 7:10am
Print Post  
I can confirm that there is some scaling on elite. It's not much, but if you pay attention you will notice it

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:45pm:

Elite definitely scales in old quests and new, been tested multiple times. Easy, although horribly boring was to test this is to go in elite Eye of the Titan solo and in a 6 man group and compare the difference in damage of the main guy's meteor swarms

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 
Send TopicPrint