Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Artificer Pricing (Read 18962 times)
Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Artificer Pricing
Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Hey gang.

Just got home from the first day of PAX. Anyone who wants to read my more expansive write up of DDO's booth can read it over on the other forums.

I am really tired, so I'll keep it short and sweet for once.  Smiley

I got this from Fernando himself... so I take this as gospel:
Artificers will be like Favored Souls - you can buy them or unlock em via Favor. House C favor, to be exact.

I forgot to ask how much they'll be - but you can buy them immediately when U11 drops. That is relevant because you won't be able to get them via Favor till U12.

Yep - no free unlocks for a whole update cycle.

He didn't say why - and I was honestly too taken aback at the moment to ask. Plus, my family was waiting for me at the Skyrim booth, so I had to leave.

So, there it is.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Artificer Pricing
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Lovely.  Undecided

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:26am
Print Post  

You should make a Fernando t-shirt for tomorrow!   Grin

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:26am:
You should make a http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png t-shirt for tomorrow!   Grin

That would be funny as hell. Take a Gillette razor to Tolero.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:38am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:33am:
That would be funny as hell. Take a Gillette razor to Tolero.

Smiley

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

someguy
Titan Demolisher

not really a drama fan

Reply #5 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:50am
Print Post  
let me ask you something important...

What did you learn at the skyrim booth? Cheesy

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #6 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:58am
Print Post  
I'm betting it's just because the higher tiers of favor aren't available until the next batch of Cannith content is released. I've got no problem in waiting on that one.

That also means it's likely that you'll have to buy 2 packs to unlock the class for free unless they do one of them for free like some of the 2 part updates.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #7 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:59am
Print Post  
DDO Vault shirts to wear while hanging around the Turbine booth would also be hilarious. Would need a full size Fernando on the back though.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #8 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:06am
Print Post  
someguy wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:50am:
let me ask you something important...

What did you learn at the skyrim booth? Cheesy

The game looks utterly fucking amazing. I didn't wait the three hours to stand in line to play it - but I will by the end of the con on Sunday. The trailers don't do it justice to see it being playing in person. The one guy I was watching was duel-wielding spells... fireballs from both hands, and charging them both up for a massive blast.

Tomorrow is the game-demo, and we're going for certain.

If I can get a pic of their booth, I will put it up here. If you've seen the dragons in that game - imagine one damn near full-size, perched on top of their booth in mid roar. Really impressive looking. Bethesda, between this and Rage, have one of the 'it' booths of the year.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #9 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 12:59am:
DDO Vault shirts to wear while hanging around the Turbine booth would also be hilarious. Would need a full size http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png on the back though.

Yes.

Is there a DDO Vault logo? Someone should whip one up.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #10 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:12am
Print Post  
I'll say this about our Lead Dev... he's a hell of a nice guy. I mean that. He may come across cheesy in his press interviews, but I would share a beer with him.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #11 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Lead Dev being.... Eladrin? Or are you talking about fernando?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:17am
Print Post  
Where are those LoB tips and tricks?  You holding out on us...hmmm.   Roll Eyes

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 26th, 2011 at 11:53pm:
Artificers will be like Favored Souls - you can buy them or unlock em via Favor. House C favor, to be exact.

I forgot to ask how much they'll be - but you can buy them immediately when U11 drops. That is relevant because you won't be able to get them via Favor till U12.

Yep - no free unlocks for a whole update cycle.

That is an interesting way to drive sales for those gotta have it now people while placating everyone else by having a favor unlock.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #14 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:21am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:14am:
Lead Dev being.... Eladrin? Or are you talking about ?

So far as I know Eladrin isn't at PAX.
And after meeting , I changed my opinion on him quite a bit. He stopped eating lunch mid-bite to talk to me, and showed no signs of being pissed his pizza was getting cold while he and I talked about the Lord of Blades raid. He didn't have to give me some pretty specific tips on how to succeed in the raid.

And he damn well didn't have to tell me about the pricing of Artificers when I asked - even though I could tell he knew that that the players wouldn't be happy with the idea. And bear in mind - this was after I told him who I was on the forums (and he knew my name instantly, which was also impressive). So, I have to presume he knew that I'd spread the word.

All in all, he may come across like a geek in interviews   - but one on one he is a hell of a nice guy. I didn't mind talking to him one bit, and would do so again.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:24am by Memnir »  

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #15 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:25am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:17am:
Where are those LoB tips and tricks?  You holding out on us...hmmm.   Roll Eyes

Basically, you don't want the LoB to get to the Forge to charge up. Each time he does - he'll get even more powerful... the charges stack on him.

So, you'll want to draw him away - and then the players in the raid can take the charges to power themselves up. They don't stack on players, and he said that players should take turns getting the buffs.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #16 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:21am:
And after meeting http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png, I changed my opinion on him quite a bit. He stopped eating lunch mid-bite to talk to me, and showed no signs of being pissed his pizza was getting cold while he and I talked about the Lord of Blades raid. He didn't have to give me some pretty specific tips on how to succeed in the raid.

And he damn well didn't have to tell me about the pricing of Artificers when I asked - even though I could tell he knew that that the players wouldn't be happy with the idea. And bear in mind - this was after I told him who I was on the forums (and he knew my name instantly, which was also impressive). So, I have to presume he knew that I'd spread the word.

All in all, he may come across like a geek in interviews   - but one on one he is a hell of a nice guy. I didn't mind talking to him one bit, and would do so again.

Gotcha. thought he was producer, not a dev Wink

Glad he's actually cool in real life, and it was very cool he stopped his lunch to talk to you.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #17 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Producer... Dev... means little when I've been awake for the lion's share of the last 24 hours. Smiley
I'm not young anymore. This takes it's toll now. My brain stopped working around 8pm, and I'm pretty much running on gamer chow from the con and too much caffeine.  Cheesy

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #18 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 1:29am:
Producer... Dev... means little when I've been awake for the lion's share of the last 24 hours. Smiley
I'm not young anymore. This takes it's toll now. My brain stopped working around 8pm, and I'm pretty much running on gamer chow from the con and too much caffeine.  Cheesy

Go to sleep Memnir we will torture you for more information tomorrow night. Grin

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 4:54am
Print Post  
Ask about spears!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 6:53am
Print Post  
I have a message for Tarrant, send it through Fernando.

Here is the message:

I see you.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #21 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:01am
Print Post  
And after meeting http://www.ddovault.com/Images/Fernando4.png, I changed my opinion on him quite a bit. He stopped eating lunch mid-bite to talk to me, and showed no signs of being pissed his pizza was getting cold while he and I talked about the Lord of Blades raid. He didn't have to give me some pretty specific tips on how to succeed in the raid.

I have no doubt F e r n a n d o is a nice guy. But what you've just told us Mem, re-inforces my belief about why he shouldn't be the Producer of DDO.

I suspect the Devs probably walk all over him. That is, F e r n a n d o isn't really "in charge." My guess is the situation there at Turbine is akin to the inmates running the asylum.

If I met F e r n a n d o in real life, I'd probably would like to sit down, have lunch and talk to him about DDO too. I just don't think he's the right guy to be in charge of DDO.

Maybe, since you actually talked to the guy and other Turbine employees Mem, you know a little (heck, maybe a LOT) more than I do about how much F e r n a n d o is actually "in charge" there. I'd be VERY interested in your impressions regarding that.

Even if I am wrong and F e r n a n d o's really running the show there, I still think he's the wrong guy for many reasons including piss-poor communication by him and most of his staff with the community as well as some VERY questionable game design decisions.
« Last Edit: Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:13am by Arkat »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #22 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Mister_Peace wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 4:54am:
Ask about spears!

You think F e r n a n d o and Britney are having an affair?  Shocked

Poor Kate!  Cheesy

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #23 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Mister_Peace wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 4:54am:
Ask about spears!

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

fnord

IP Logged

a Kitteh
DQ Assaulter

lolwut?

Reply #24 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 9:25am
Print Post  

it's awesome that he's a nice guy, and he gave you that info and whatnot, but somehow, i'm not surprised he knows the name of Memnir.  you just have presence, man.  Grin

Grace wrote on Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
When a quest thinks you are so bad you need to reroll, that's srsbznz.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Send TopicPrint