Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Artificer Pricing (Read 18976 times)
Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Re: Artificer Pricing
Reply #25 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:01am:
[a buncha stuff that'd make for a long quote.

I hear ya on all points, Arkat. And, I have no direct or indirect knowledge on the inner workings of Turbine, so I cannot say if he's a dynamic lead or not - or if he lets the Devs run all over him or not.

What I was pleased to see, though, was that he's not the same guy we see in the press videos. In those, he comes across cheesy and a little clueless. He was neither of those things when I talked to him, and I left with a better impression of him then before we chatted. He has a great energy and passion for the game, which came across very strongly. He's also a pretty cool person, which kinda surprised me.

I don't disagree with you one bit on the communication and questionable design choices. Nor do I disagree that the Devs likely have the run of the ship. I was just glad to see that the guy who is in those press videos is not actually the guy who is charge of the game. In those vids he kinda comes across as Commandant Lassard  from the Police Acadamy movies. Glad he's not really that way - ya know? Smiley

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Interesting. Sounds like a few months after the first wave of impulse buys, that'd mean a second wave for grinding. Do believe I'll need a new popcorn maker when that hits.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #27 - Aug 27th, 2011 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 9:44am:
I hear ya on all points, Dark Overlord. And, I have no direct or indirect knowledge on the inner workings of Turbine, so I cannot say if he's a dynamic lead or not - or if he lets the Devs run all over him or not.

What I was pleased to see, though, was that he's not the same guy we see in the press videos. In those, he comes across cheesy and a little clueless. He was neither of those things when I talked to him, and I left with a better impression of him then before we chatted. He has a great energy and passion for the game, which came across very strongly. He's also a pretty cool person, which kinda surprised me.

I don't disagree with you one bit on the communication and questionable design choices. Nor do I disagree that the Devs likely have the run of the ship. I was just glad to see that the guy who is in those press videos is not actually the guy who is charge of the game. In those vids he kinda comes across as Commandant Lassard  from the Police Acadamy movies. Glad he's not really that way - ya know? Smiley

Clear on all points.

Thanks.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Maybe this is just because I'm a developer myself but I much prefer companies that are run by the dev's. Smiley

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #29 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 3:22pm:
Maybe this is just because I'm a developer myself but I much prefer companies that are run by the dev's. Smiley

Of course you would. They would "get" you. Unfortunately, I don't think Devs always have the best business sense.

Now, having said that, those running the company (Turbine) should have at least SOME idea about what goes into development so they understand what Devs can and cannot do. They also need to understand the game needs to be "fun" in order for it to be successful.

One thing I do not fault the Devs for is poor communication with the Community. I'm sure the Devs would like to talk to the Community more but I've a feeling they're being muzzled much of the time (probably due to the Legal dept or an over-controlling Communications/PR director).

What Turbine should do is hire an Ombudsman (for pay). That is someone who represents the player community's best interests and not Turbine's. That way, Turbine could possibly be kept a little more honest. Companies and Governments hire Ombudsmen because they recognize it makes better business/political sense in the long run if their customers or citizens feel like their concerns are being listened and responded to.

Edited:
corrected spelling of one instance of "hire" which I spelled as "higher." Ugh.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2011 at 7:24pm by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

tgun
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 3:31pm:
higher

No

Quote:
hire

Yes

Smiley
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:51pm by tgun »  

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #31 - Aug 28th, 2011 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
tgun wrote on Aug 28th, 2011 at 5:50pm:
No

Yes

Smiley

TY. Corrected.

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 27th, 2011 at 8:01am:
I have no doubt F e r n a n d o is a nice guy. But what you've just told us Mem, re-inforces my belief about why he shouldn't be the Producer of DDO.

I suspect the Devs probably walk all over him. That is, F e r n a n d o isn't really "in charge." My guess is the situation there at Turbine is akin to the inmates running the asylum.

If I met F e r n a n d o in real life, I'd probably would like to sit down, have lunch and talk to him about DDO too. I just don't think he's the right guy to be in charge of DDO.

Maybe, since you actually talked to the guy and other Turbine employees Mem, you know a little (heck, maybe a LOT) more than I do about how much F e r n a n d o is actually "in charge" there. I'd be VERY interested in your impressions regarding that.

Even if I am wrong and F e r n a n d o's really running the show there, I still think he's the wrong guy for many reasons including piss-poor communication by him and most of his staff with the community as well as some VERY questionable game design decisions.

I think I've missed something... what are these questionable game design decisions?

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #33 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:28am
Print Post  
I really hope you're being sarcastic there Milt but in case you're not, I'll give you one.

The BIGGEST one I can think of is how they handle Epic content. The items, the adventures, and the fact we can't advance to 21st level or higher all speak to poor decisions regarding the design of the Epic aspect of DDO.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #34 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:46am
Print Post  
The favor idea with the favor not being available until the U12 is pure genius.  I know its unpopular, but I think it is a great revenue idea.  I'll be really interested to see where they price it relative to the free VIP points.  Over or under 500 points?  I'd guess somewhere around the 700-800 range, but that's me.

I'd bet they start doing this with other classes.  I wonder if they will keep races as a VIP perk, or if they will try to get more money out of them as well?

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:44am
Print Post  
gnomes ... favor race Wink

IP Logged

arkohighstar
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:46am:
The favor idea with the favor not being available until the U12 is pure genius.  I know its unpopular, but I think it is a great revenue idea.  I'll be really interested to see where they price it relative to the free VIP points.  Over or under 500 points?  I'd guess somewhere around the 700-800 range, but that's me.

I'd bet they start doing this with other classes.  I wonder if they will keep races as a VIP perk, or if they will try to get more money out of them as well?

I am guessing it will sit in the FVS, monk TP range.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #37 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I totally agree Ink - the thing is they get the best of both worlds with releasing it this way - they can please the favor unlockers & get all the peeps who don't want to wait and just buy it.  The only ones who "lose" here are VIP's who won't get it unless they pay for it until next mod....  as a business decision I think this is the "right" one to make as you get 2 waves of players coming in with the new class and it should drive more overall sales....

not thrilled about purchasing it though even though I am VIP.  I totally will though

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #38 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
You don't have to purchase it as a VIP, get the fucking favor and quit crying like a little bitch.

VIPs didn't get FVS for free, why the fuck should they get artificer?

People cry over the same shit  ever release.  Look at your VIP perks, where does it say you get classes for free? Oh,that is right, you get everything for free except those opened by favor.  So, looks like you fuck for brains should learn to read.  Guess maybe all those VIPs should learn to shut the fuck up and quit crying.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #39 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:22pm:
You don't have to purchase it as a VIP, get the fucking favor and quit crying like a little bitch.

People cry over the same shit  ever release.  Look at your VIP perks, where does it say you get classes for free? Oh,that is right, you get everything for free except those opened by favor.  So, looks like you fuck for brains should learn to read.  Guess maybe all those VIPs should learn to shut the fuck up and quit crying.

I'm not VIP, so I'm not going to be hit with this (also, I was seriously unimpressed with Artificers on Llama, so I won't be buying them anyway), but I do think the fact that they can't be unlocked with favor sucks ass.

If VIPs actually could unlock Artificers, then there would be no reason for complaint.  But they can't.  Hence the bitching.

fnord

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #40 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
you get everything for free except those opened by favor.

so VIP should get them until u12 right?

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #41 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
You can unlock the in U12.  It isn't like artificers are that great, or even worth half the points they will be posted for.  Think of it this way, just because they put up a +2 bow of shocking burst doesn't mean you have to buy it, or even care for its existence. 

Cry less, play more, you may find yourselves not caring over the stupid artificer.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:57pm
Print Post  

Exactly how will I do that in the game when U11 is released?

And don't tell me wait for U12.  That ruins the whole fucking point of VIP.

Quote:

Who's saying they must?  Making them an achievable favor unlock like FvS.

Quote:

Yep.  And Artificers won't be openable by favor in U11.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2011 at 3:57pm by Cor »  

IP Logged

Milton
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:28am:
I really hope you're being sarcastic there Milt but in case you're not, I'll give you one.

The BIGGEST one I can think of is how they handle Epic content. The items, the adventures, and the fact we can't advance to 21st level or higher all speak to poor decisions regarding the design of the Epic aspect of DDO.

Don't really agree there... but don't really care enough to get into it.

I'm pretty burnt out of DDO and all MMORPGs nowadays. Just biding time till Sengoku is released on Sept 13... which should tide me over until Crusader Kings 2 is released next year.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
How about this cor, download lama, load it up, play it.  Create an artificer.  Find out, they are worse then a bard, then stuff it.  It is like complaining about a race that gets -2 to all stats.  Who the fuck cares?

Also, don't go on about the principle of the matter.  You are dealing with Turbine, they have no principles.  Something every fuck on here should know.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
C'mon Epoch, you know that it is kinda BS to make a favor unlock situation and not have the favor available to achieve said unlock.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
C'mon Epoch, you know that it is kinda BS to make a favor unlock situation and not have the favor available to achieve said unlock.

BS yes, but this Turbine, you should accustom yourself to BS or you will just be in eternal agony.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 7:42pm:
BS yes, but this Turbine, you should accustom yourself to BS or you will just be in eternal agony.

Yes.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Epoch, shut the fuck up. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others won't. You don't play what other people tell you to, nor how they tell you to. You also don't know when update 12 is coming out.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 7:42pm:

I've been here two years, and never felt as screwed over as this is looking like.  Nerfs, buffs, game changes, whatever.  Take my money and blatantly not give me what you promised?  Unacceptable.  And never happened here before.

And yes, I've tried Artis.  I'm not especially impressed, but I do want to start my new craftingbot.  I've wasted enough on my current crafter already.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:34pm by Cor »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint