Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Artificer Pricing (Read 18978 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Artificer Pricing
Reply #50 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:32pm:
I've been here two years, and never felt as screwed over as this is looking like.  Nerfs, buffs, game changes, whatever.  Take my money and blatantly not give me what you promised?  Unacceptable.  And never happened here before.

And yes, I've tried Artis.  I'm not especially impressed, but I do want to start my new craftingbot.  I've wasted enough on my current crafter already.

What exactly did they promise you? See, that is just the thing.  They promise you the game, and that is about it.

You have also only been here for 2 years?  You missed a lot of BS.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #51 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Epoch, shut the fuck up. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean others won't. You don't play what other people tell you to, nor how they tell you to. You also don't know when update 12 is coming out.

I won't shut the fuck up.  This happens every fucking time.  Turbine finds a way to fuck you over every update, even more since F2P.  What, did you think update 11 would be better? Do you think 12 will be? They will find new ways to fuck over everyone, mainly VIPs until this game gets turned off.  Time for you to accept it.

I never said when Update 12 is coming out, or that I knew.  So where you get that idea is beyond me.  Anyways, Turbine, ever since F2P is in it purely for the money.  What better way to get sales then have a class only buyable after shitons of hype? Sure, you can get eventually, but not right away.  I think it was stated earlier in this thread.  It is about sales, not being fair or nice to any of us. 

Also, I do care, this means I cannot get completionist until the fucking arty comes out in U12.  Unlike you crybabies though, I understand that Turbine is a bunch of fucking BS and will not change.  Why do you think they will?  Why do you ACT like you think they will?

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:35pm:

Truth

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
I've been here way too long to think they will ever get a better grip on customer service. My beef was not with you pointing out Turbine's craptacular service or that we should expect it, but rather with the holier-than-though aire you had put forth telling people to not even bother playing them. Let people play whatever the fuck they want and just don't group with them if you don't like it.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #54 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
I went over my posts to find where I said to not play it.  Didn't see it.  I did see one where I said they were not that great though.  Monks aren't that great, but I still play one and took the time to deck him out all in epic gear.  Which I will need to redo for U11 for the bracers and ring set.  At least I think it bracers and ring, fabricators set... read it last night, don't quite remember. 

Anywho, point where I said don't ever play artificer please.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
I thought it was bracers and gloves... at least according to the crafting machines. I'm just going off of memory, though.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 10:35pm:
What exactly did they promise you? See, that is just the thing.  They promise you the game, and that is about it.

http://www.ddo.com/en/news/1278-vip-999per-month-special

Notice how VIP is advertised, even now.  All classes.  Except FvS and Drow, which are available through gameplay in addition to the store.  Artis won't be available, except in the store, in U11.

Quote:

In terms of outright and intentional contradiction of advertised benefits of subscription?  Haven't heard of anything like that.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #57 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
apep wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:07pm:
I thought it was bracers and gloves... at least according to the crafting machines. I'm just going off of memory, though.

Dams it all.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #58 - Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:22pm:
http://www.ddo.com/en/news/1278-vip-999per-month-special

Notice how VIP is advertised, even now.  All classes.  Except FvS and Drow, which are available through gameplay in addition to the store.  Artis won't be available, except in the store, in U11.

In terms of outright and intentional contradiction of advertised benefits of subscription?  Haven't heard of anything like that.

BS as in general.

Also, anyone who goes by advertisements should be shot.  They are purposefully made to mislead you.  That way you think it is better then it actually is.

http://www.ddo.com/vip

You see where it says earn free or purchase any favor race and favor class? Yup, I have seen it.

Nice link though, VIP is just a trap and everyone knows it. 

They are simply affording you the opportunity to buy artificer before you can get through favor.  This way, they can get money!  Ever since they became F2P everything has about that extra dollar.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:27am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:46am:
The favor idea with the favor not being available until the U12 is pure genius.  I know its unpopular, but I think it is a great revenue idea.  I'll be really interested to see where they price it relative to the free VIP points.  Over or under 500 points?  I'd guess somewhere around the 700-800 range, but that's me.

I'd bet they start doing this with other classes.  I wonder if they will keep races as a VIP perk, or if they will try to get more money out of them as well?

I couldn't agree more with this, and I honestly don't think it's a bad decision at all.  There simply aren't enough quests out for a whole new house that they're giving us to justify unlocking a whole class, which seems pretty legit to me. 

Giving the class away to VIPs would just be stupid, and the whining about having to either pay for something or wait a whole update is laughable, imo.  But I enjoy watching people who feel entitled getting their whine on, so please go on, all.  Smiley

IP Logged

Hendrik
Ex Member

Reply #60 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 8:37am
Print Post  
Looking forward to when they put out a Raid/Quest and you have to pay to equip the Gear or wait 4 months to do it.

Cool

They should change the Shroud!  Make it so you have to buy your power shards or get one on your 20th list.

Better yet, Epic!  Need a new doo-dad to make your item Epic, but is only sold in the store but will be able to quest to get something to 'clean' it with sometime next year.

Just glad, I guess, I do not have to pay for the Quests AND Arty.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 11:52pm:
http://www.ddo.com/vip

You see where it says earn free or purchase any favor race and favor class? Yup, I have seen it.

And again, how will I earn free Artificer in U11, if the plans are what we think they are?  Whether I can do it in U12 is entirely irrelevant.

That page is just as much a lie as the page I linked to.  And, it's also advertising.  Just a different sort.  Any public statement made by a company describing their products is "advertising" of some sort.

Quote:
They are simply affording you the opportunity to buy artificer before you can get through favor.  This way, they can get money!  Ever since they became F2P everything has about that extra dollar. 

Oh, I understand why they are doing it.

But it's still a blatant contradiction of their previous advertising.  Any intentional delay to our ability to earn it via favor, after making it available from the store, is a violation.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #62 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 10:15am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Aug 29th, 2011 at 9:28am:
The BIGGEST one I can think of is how they handle Epic content. The items, the adventures, and the fact we can't advance to 21st level or higher all speak to poor decisions regarding the design of the Epic aspect of DDO.

You have to take into account that Epic was a stop gap measure to keep long time players interested while the did the F2P experiment.  If you look at everything they have done since October 2009 a clear plan and model is visible.  You may not like the choices but they had a plan. Unfortunately, Epic was what it was a tide me over so the vets didn't leave in bunches when no new high end content was delivered for almost 2 years.  In the end I don't think they were sure F2P would be successful or not so the long term effects of Epic where never clearly planned.  Now they are stuck with a system that not only hinders level cap increases but also leaves a class of players (10%) who are so grossly OP that all existing content is trivial for them.

Oh and as a VIP I'm totally on board with how Turbine is releasing artificers.  Anything that can generate revenue and keep my subscription cost sub $10 a month is ok with me.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 10:18am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #63 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:52am:
And again, how will I earn free Artificer in U11, if the plans are what we think they are?  Whether I can do it in U12 is entirely irrelevant.

I'm pretty sure everyone understands this part of your argument, repeating it over and over again is only increasing your post count.

There's no "violation" here, it's just a minor annoyance. If this is the sort of thing that ruins your day I hope you get caught in the next red light you approach.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #64 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
Besides I have a gut feeling U12 will release before Halloween.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
The biggest thing about it is how understandable the lack of unlockability until the next update happens to be. 

There are only so many new quests they can release with this pack, and the amount of favor from doing those five quests is going to be fairly paltry in comparison with the amount of House Cannith favor that you'll be able to get eventually.  Lowering the bar to the current favor level creates a huge headache when you have to raise it back up again, and leaving it low is stupid and makes the entire favor unlock mechanism pointless.

So what's the solution?  Making it free for VIPs, only to lock your characters after U12, seems like far too much of a pain in the ass and rather pointless to boot.  Either be patient or spend some of your TPs; and remember, over the course of this summer, Turbine doubled your TPs for being VIP, giving you more than enough spare points to pay for Arties.  So cry less.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Going against their prior statements is a forte for Turbine. You can pretty much just assume the opposite of whatever they say.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:25pm:
I'm pretty sure everyone understands this part of your argument, repeating it over and over again is only increasing your post count.

Then why are people continuing to point out the "favor unlock" as though it means anything?

It will not be an option in U11.  Artificer will neither be favor-unlockable, nor free-to-VIPs.  It will, therefore, not follow the promised benefits of VIP.

Quote:
There's no "violation" here, it's just a minor annoyance.

It is a violation of what I was told I'd get when I purchased as a VIP.  I'm not saying it's a "violation" in any other sense.

And I don't really give a shit what you think is or is not a minor annoyance.  I, for one, rather dislike it when I pay for something, and don't get what I pay for.

Oakianus wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:49pm:
So what's the solution?

Either make it free to VIP, or make a 3k global favor unlock, available in U11.  Then introduce the House C unlock in U12.

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #68 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
wow Epoch - take some midol yo - you sound like you need it.

As for the favor unlock - I don't LIKE how they did it, but I totally understand and I will purchase artificer (with meh bonus points!) instead of waiting until U12 (or U17 depending on how much favor you need).

Peeps can cry foul all they want - and may not like the way it is being handled but I for one don't see anything wrong with it, just disappointed that I can't unlock when I want to so instead will need to purchase. 

PS - you should check the store for chill pills, I hear they also sell sense of humor in turbine store too
Tongue

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Glenalth
Puppy Farmer

Not banned, just bored

Reply #69 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
[quote author=252A382D24410 link=1314417232/67#67 date=1314724540]
It will not be an option in U11.  Artificer will neither be favor-unlockable, nor free-to-VIPs.  It will, therefore, not follow the promised benefits of VIP.
/quote]

And you've done it again.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
lol, 3k global unlock.  A joke, indeed.  That'd be giving it away free to a significant portion of the player base for no work at all, and to an even more significant portion with just a little work.  That's not a solution at all. 

Boo hoo, I have to wait a couple of months for there to be enough quests to justify a favor unlock, a bloo bloo bloo, let me tell you about it over and over again in an attempt to make my tears sound convincing.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Glenalth wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:34pm:
[quote author=252A382D24410 link=1314417232/67#67 date=1314724540]And you've done it again.

Indeed.  A shame such obvious facts must be repeated, but there is ample reason to believe that not everyone understands them.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #72 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 9:52am:
is a violation

I like how you claim that but provide no proof whatsoever that it is..

Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 1:15pm:
Artificer will neither be favor-unlockable, nor free-to-VIPs.  It will, therefore, not follow the promised benefits of VIP.

How so? I do not recall them saying classes will be favor unlockable on release.  You scream a lot, but really, fact of the matter is, it is unfair.  That is where it ends.  Stop jumping to extremes with your accusations.  It just makes you seem retarded.

If you don't like it, stop playing until U12 goes live.  Problem solved.

JakLee wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:12pm:
PS - you should check the store for chill pills, I hear they also sell sense of humor in turbine store too

I didn't see too much humor here.  Also, if I want to beat on a bunch of flaming idiots who cry foul at Turbine, yes Turbine, then I will do so with a smile on my face.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #73 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 12:27pm:
Besides I have a gut feeling U12 will release before Halloween.

Mabar, oh how I miss you!

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

tgun
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Can't really blame Turbine for this. VIPs have already shown Turbine they have no business or fiscal sense by remaining vip instead of going with the more sensible plan of premium.

I know some vip will chime in and say they pay a sub for the convenience and if thats the case then the reason you pay a sub is still there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint