Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Artificer Pricing (Read 19058 times)
Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Artificer Pricing
Reply #75 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:55pm:
lol, 3k global unlock.  A joke, indeed.  That'd be giving it away free to a significant portion of the player base for no work at all, and to an even more significant portion with just a little work.  That's not a solution at all.

3k is quite a lot.  I'd be surprised if even a majority had the favor for FvS.  Such a huge amount of favor is only possible if you're VIP, or a heavily vested Premium player.

And do you really think that earning the House C favor will be so difficult once U12 comes along?

But if you think that's unacceptable, the easy alternative is to make it free to VIPs, like Half-orc and Half-elf.

Look, I didn't force Turbine to promise what they did.  They set up VIP.  They sold it.  They knew what they were working with.  That doesn't mean we should just roll over and let them fail to deliver on what they sold.

Quote:
Boo hoo, I have to wait a couple of months for there to be enough quests to justify a favor unlock, a bloo bloo bloo,

This is simply bullshit.  If they actually wanted a favor unlock in this update, they could have.  They chose not to, so they could exploit a flimsy loophole.

Quote:
let me tell you about it over and over again in an attempt to make my tears sound convincing. 

As long as the same idiotic argument is presented ("it's a favor unlock!"), I'll continue to respond with the obvious fact that "no, in U11, it is not".

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
How so? I do not recall them saying classes will be favor unlockable on release.

An explicit statement to that effect is not necessary.  The explanations are crystal clear, as-is.

It's really quite simple, and I've explained it more then enough times. You are simply failing at basic reading comprehension.

Quote:
You scream a lot, but really, fact of the matter is, it is unfair.  That is where it ends.

It's beyond simply unfair.  It's deceptive advertising.  They are advertising one thing, and not planning to actually deliver that thing to those who've pay them.

Quote:
If you don't like it, stop playing until U12 goes live.  Problem solved.

You do realize that VIP is purchased in advance, for months at a time, right?  Of course you do.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #77 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:19pm:
It's deceptive advertising.  They are advertising one thing, and not planning to actually deliver that thing to those who've pay them.

Oh SHIT!  Deceptive advertising!  Fuck, damn it!  Turbine must be the only business in the world to do this!  WTF!?!?!

Really, that comment right there just caused you to self chown.  Nice playing though.  GL in future arguments.

Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:19pm:
You do realize that VIP is purchased in advance, for months at a time, right?  Of course you do.

Reading comprehension FTW!  I said playing, not paying.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #78 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Cor, seriously sounds like you've got a case of the didn't-read-the-fine-prints.  The only cure is to get the fuck over yourself.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:32pm:
Oh SHIT!  Deceptive advertising!  Fuck, damn it!  Turbine must be the only business in the world to do this!  WTF!?!?!

Are you really this stupid?

Yes, it seems you are.

I'm not saying Turbine is the most super evilest company in the world.  I'm saying that what they're doing here is bad.  Something to be discouraged, and opposed.

Honestly, you have the mind of a child.

Quote:
Reading comprehension FTW!  I said playing, not paying.

Then you make no sense.  I gave you the benefit of the doubt here.  Sorry about that.

Where have I complained about playing the game?  My concerns have only been about paying for the game, and not getting what I paid for.  If I stop playing, then obviously I'm getting even less of what I paid for.

Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:34pm:
Cor, seriously sounds like you've got a case of the didn't-read-the-fine-prints.  The only cure is to get the fuck over yourself.

What fine print?  Please point it out.  Because in all the advertised benefits of VIP, I have not seen any that contradicts my beliefs.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #80 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:34pm:

He is entitled dammit!

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #81 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:45pm:
What fine print?  Please point it out.  Because in all the advertised benefits of VIP, I have not seen any that contradicts my beliefs.

http://www.ddo.com/en/news/1278-vip-999per-month-special
Quote:
Being a VIP means you have access to all adventure packs, races and classes** during the course of your subscription. Plus, you’ll get exclusive early access to new adventure packs, access to all quest difficulties with all characters, and you’ll get to enjoy all the other exclusive VIP benefits like a monthly point grant***, extra character slots, shared bank slot, and much more!

Quote:
**The Drow race and Favoured Soul class are available to VIPs through game-play or through purchase at the DDO Store. Once acquired through game-play, the race or class is available for any new character or true reincarnated character on the same server.

Guess what class is going to be added to that once they're actually in the fucking game.  Now show me where you were promised all races and classes would be available to VIPs from day fucking one of a release.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 3:52pm:
Guess what class is going to be added to that once they're actually in the fucking game.  Now show me where you were promised all races and classes would be available to VIPs from day fucking one of a release.

If it's not available "day fucking one of a release", then it is not available "through game-play" at that time, and the game, at that time, is making a lie out of the advertising.  It's that simple.  An explicit statement of "day one" is entirely unnecessary.  That "day fucking one" is a day wherein Turbine has intentionally contradicted the advertising they sold VIP on.

And it's not just "day fucking one".  It's weeks, likely months.  That's a long time to be blatantly choosing not to give us what they sold us, especially since one of the selling points they like to make a big deal out of is the few days preview VIP get of new content.  Meanwhile, we're denied promised benefits for weeks, at least?
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:01pm by Cor »  

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #83 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
cant wait for the drama when gnomes and druids get released the same way.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
mystafyi wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:02pm:
cant wait for the drama when gnomes and druids get released the same way.

And that's the bigger issue.  Sure, I'm not that stoked about Artificers.  But if they get away with it once, and determine that any loss is outweighed by the added sales, expect to see more of this bullshit in the future.

Druid with a 6000 global favor unlock would be just as much a "non-issue" as this.  The game's bound to get there eventually, right?

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #85 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
VIPs are not promised Artificers, nor early, immediate, or free access to any classes that get added to the game.  The only new content promised were the adventure packs which you'll continue to get a week earlier than non-VIPs without expenditure beyond subscription.  Again, show me where you were promised access to the class upon their initial release in the game because of your subscription.  What you inferred from the advertising has little to no bearing.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #86 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:18pm:
VIPs are not promised Artificers, nor early, immediate, or free access to any classes that get added to the game.  The only new content promised were the adventure packs which you'll continue to get a week earlier than non-VIPs without expenditure beyond subscription.  Again, show me where you were promised access to the class upon their initial release in the game because of your subscription.  What you inferred from the advertising has little to no bearing.

Summary of this thread:
1) Turbine has no legal obligation to provide free access to Artificers to VIP accounts.
2) Turbine's decision to not provide free access to Artificers to VIP accounts is a shitty decision.

I'm pretty sure that everyone in this thread agrees on both points and right now, you're just all shouting at each other about which of those two point is more important.

fnord

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #87 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:24pm:
Summary of this thread:
1) Turbine has no legal obligation to provide free access to Artificers to VIP accounts.
2) Turbine's decision to not provide free access to Artificers to VIP accounts is a shitty decision.

I'm pretty sure that everyone in this thread agrees on both points and right now, you're just all shouting at each other about which of those two point is more important.

Actually, I completely disagree with #2.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #88 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
You forgot point 3) You keep reading.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:18pm:
Again, show me where you were promised access to the class upon their initial release in the game because of your subscription.

Seriously, it's not that complicated.

VIPs are promised all Classes, except those earnable via favor-rewards.  All classes.  All means all.  Everything.  All includes "core classes", and "premium classes", and "new classes".  That's what "all" means.  Every class.

The only exception is classes earnable in-game through favor-rewards.  Artificer will not be one of those classes in U11.  Therefore, the exception does not apply.  And since it is still in the set of "all classes", it is promised to be accessible.

Your "initial release" exception is simply one of your own invention.  It does not exist.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #90 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:27pm:
VIPs are promised all Classes, except those earnable via favor-rewards. 

Hey, stupid.  You said it yourself now go choke on a dick.   Your tears are fucking boring us.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #91 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:24pm:
Actually, I completely disagree with #2.

QFT

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #92 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:29pm:
Hey, stupid.  You said it yourself now go choke on a dick.   Your tears are fucking boring us.

Good Lord, I can't believe I'm going to reply to this.

...Eladiun, are you somehow confused by the fact that Artificers won't be earnable via favor-rewards?

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #93 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
When you show me where the restrictions say classes only unlocked by favor in a later update are excluded, Then you will have a point.  Right now though, I have a bit of advice for you.  Use those tears as lubrication, rub one off, and prevent yourself from getting a stroke over the artificer class.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #94 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:34pm:
Good Lord, I can't believe I'm going to reply to this.

...Eladiun, are you somehow confused by the fact that Artificers won't be earnable via favor-rewards?

They certainly will be as soon as the quests are added to the game in U12.

Quote:

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:36pm:
When you show me where the restrictions say classes only unlocked by favor in a later update are excluded,

Does the stated exception say that classes that will be unlockable at some point in the future are excluded?  No.  Then it doesn't say that.  It says what it says, not what you're imagining it says.

It says that classes that are unlockable are excluded.  When U11 arrives, Artificer won't be unlockable, therefore, it shouldn't be excluded from the "all classes" that VIPs get.

Eladiun wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:38pm:
They certainly will be as soon as the quests are added to the game in U12.

Then until that time, they are intentionally violating their promises to VIPs.  You see nothing wrong with this?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #96 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:43pm:
You see nothing wrong with this?

Legally, there is nothing wrong with it.  There was no time exception placed on this.  Therefore, it can be twisted as they please.

Funny thing about it, the more broad you are with a promise, the more ways you can fuck people over without actually lying.

You sir, are the perfect consumer.  I happen to have a glacier in Alaska for sale.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #97 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Then until that time, they are intentionally violating their promises to VIPs.  You see nothing wrong with this?

I never received such a promise.  I pay 9 dollars a month with no guarantee written or provided that I get anything beyond all the adventure packs and my 500TP.  Even that could change at their discretion in which case I can either accept it or vote my displeasure by cancelling my subscription.  You wanna put your money where your mouth is; cancel and go elsewhere otherwise you are just fucking blowing smoke rings.

In fact, I fully support them releasing the class early as a purchase only option.  I think it is a brilliant way to make some extra money from those too impatient to wait and with money to blow.  Anything that keeps the money flowing and allows me to continue paying 9 bucks to play the game. 

This change impacts me zero.  I don't need to run out and roll something on day one...I can wait patiently for U12 or pay.  It's very easy.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2011 at 5:02pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #98 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
It says that classes that are unlockable are excluded.  When U11 arrives, Artificer won't be unlockable, therefore, it shouldn't be excluded from the "all classes" that VIPs get.

Actually it says that the Drow race and Favoured Soul class are available to VIPs through game-play or through purchase at the DDO Store.  It doesn't say anything about Artificers because they are not in the game.  Again, you are reading into things what you wanted to see.  You want to be mad about something?  Be mad that they weren't specific enough about new races and classes and how that would effect VIP's.  Then focus on trying to get it changed before druids and gnomes come out to combat your slippery slope argument from earlier.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #99 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Cor, simply put, yes Turbine changed the terms of VIP on you after you bought your subscription. They did that to me too.

Credit card companies do it ALL the time. If you disagree with the new terms, you ALWAYS have the right to close your account and not use their credit card anymore.

Likewise, I'm willing to bet if you decide to cancel your VIP subscription and call Turbine Cust Svc., they will cancel your account and refund any remaining amount that you paid ahead of time to your credit card.

I should say, however, that if you were so upset with the changes in the VIP terms, you should have canceled your account when Favored Soul came out.

I realize the Artificer is a slightly different situation but all they did was change a different term this time. It doesn't change the fact you still have the possibility of closing your VIP account and getting a refund for any pre-paid balance.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint