Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Crafting webpage (Read 5199 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Crafting webpage
Reply #25 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:23am
Print Post  
We should do reverse demands.

Release Druids and Gnomes and we will shut down the Vault

Those bitches would be out tomorrow.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #26 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Funny thing, I never used his shit because I thought it sucked.  In closing I would like to say, who fucking cares?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:17am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:23am:
We should do reverse demands.

Release Druids and Kobolds and we will shut down the Vault

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
It's all back because Turbine changed their advertising, much as I said they would.  The overreaction of yanking everything down instead of giving Turbine a day to get their advertising updated is pretty damned silly.  Sad

iso Cor's reaction.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #29 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:12pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 3:58pm:
It's all back because Turbine changed their advertising, much as I said they would.  The overreaction of yanking everything down instead of giving Turbine a day to get their advertising updated is pretty damned silly.  Sad

iso Cor's reaction.

Oh noes!  You had to wait a day before you could use his Shroud solver!!1!

(Sorry, I just think it's hysterical to see you irritated that the people who want to use his websites had to wait a day when you think it's just delightful that Turbine is making VIPs wait 3 months for Artificers unless they want to pay extra.)

fnord

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #30 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:12pm:

(Sorry, I just think it's hysterical to see you irritated that the people who want to use his websites had to wait a day when you think it's just delightful that Turbine is making VIPs wait 3 months for Artificers unless they want to pay extra.)

I think it hilarious that his great moral stand last a day and all Turbine had to do was add an * to their marketing materials.  I'll never support this company again until tomorrow when they make a minor edit to their ToS that changes absolutely nothing about how VIP's are treated or how Artificers are being released.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:12pm:

It's not that I had to wait a day, it's that his great moral stand was based on impatience and a ridiculous accusation that a company that doesn't update all of their marketing materials on release day are all filthy liars.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
The tools are back up since Turbine's moving in the right direction and actually advertising what they're delivering now.

And yes, it's refreshing to see someone willing to do something not because it's the easy thing to do but because they think it's the right thing to do.  Don't care whether he's right, wrong, a fraudulent pussy dickhole, or Gandhi, it's nice to see.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:19pm:
I think it hilarious that his great moral stand last a day and all Turbine had to do was add an * to their marketing materials.  I'll never support this company again until tomorrow when they make a minor edit to their ToS that changes absolutely nothing about how VIP's are treated or how Artificers are being released. 

Sometimes I wonder if you're being purposely dense or it just comes naturally.

He specifically stated he was taking his tools down because the new ad was misleading.  We all understand that ads have small print and asterisks.  That's fine.  Turbine just decided they didn't even need to make that tiny effort.  And that decision - that they weren't even going to bother with the appearance of honesty - is what got the tools taken down.

They've now relented and decided to make their ads reflect what's being delivered.  Since that's the reason he took them down it would have been pretty stupid not to put them back up.  Turbine just responded quickly in this case.  It's a good sign.  Not a good enough sign to get many of us to spend money again but obviously good enough to jj to make him put the tools back up.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:35pm:
He specifically stated he was taking his tools down because the new ad was misleading.

I must have missed this part of things completely, and as a result was completely wrong in this whole thread. 

Oops.   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:39pm
Print Post  

iso Cor's reaction.

I blame this on communication.  While it's only been a day since the release of Artificers it's been quite a bit longer than that since the entire issue came up.  We've been complaining about those ads in particular for that entire time.  They should have been changed a few days after it was first pointed out - before the release of artificers had even happened yet.

Due to the lack of communication from Turbine there wasn't any way to know what their plans were.  A simple, "good point, we'll change the ads when we can" would have headed the entire tools being pulled down situation in the first place.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #36 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:35pm:
Sometimes I wonder if you're being purposely dense or it just comes naturally.

As I get to know him, I think it is natural. It is why I like him.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:39pm:
I blame this on communication.  While it's only been a day since the release of Artificers it's been quite a bit longer than that since the entire issue came up.  We've been complaining about those ads in particular for that entire time.  They should have been changed a few days after it was first pointed out - before the release of artificers had even happened yet.

Due to the lack of communication from Turbine there wasn't any way to know what their plans were.  A simple, "good point, we'll change the ads when we can" would have headed the entire tools being pulled down situation in the first place.

Agreed as far as the communication goes, but a large company not communicating with its users is certainly nothing new.  I do think it's a bit histrionic to assume the absolute worst in these situations, which most folks did - that Turbine would keep up ads that lied and whatnot.  The ads before yesterday weren't a problem in the least, because they were advertising the game as it was at the time.  Having a new ad that didn't point out the difference was wrong and duplicitous, but they still fixed it pretty quickly. 

I think that being upset about silence from Turbine is pretty silly, and the sort of thing that's only going to lead to ulcers.  Tongue

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:37pm:
I must have missed this part of things completely, and as a result was completely wrong in this whole thread. 

Oops.   Embarrassed

Yeah, as one of the whining entitled dickholes I've followed this pretty closely.  Grin

Basically, he starts off just pissed off about the entire thing and was going to leave the tools but stop updating them and quit playing the game altogether.

Girlfriend convinces him to keep playing what he already owned.

Then new ad comes out with the part that was pissing everyone off and he took the tools down.

New ad gets changed and he put the tools back up.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:44pm:
Agreed as far as the communication goes, but a large company not communicating with its users is certainly nothing new.  I do think it's a bit histrionic to assume the absolute worst in these situations, which most folks did - that Turbine would keep up ads that lied and whatnot.  The ads before yesterday weren't a problem in the least, because they were advertising the game as it was at the time.  Having a new ad that didn't point out the difference was wrong and duplicitous, but they still fixed it pretty quickly. 

I think that being upset about silence from Turbine is pretty silly, and the sort of thing that's only going to lead to ulcers.  Tongue 

That's the problem though.  The old ads were certainly misleading.  I wouldn't go as far as to call them false advertising in the legal sense.  But they certainly led people to believe there were only 3 types of classes.  Free and Premium which would be automatically given to VIP's and Favor-based which would be available for favor currently in the game at release.  Their ads certainly gave that impression before.  Even the new ad has that problem if they ever do the same thing with another class.  Again, we're not asking for the moon here.  Just a little micetype disclaimer that says, in a quick announcer-type voice, future favor classes and races may not be available for favor immediately at release.  That's all we expected in the past and all we want in the future.  Tell us what we're buying so we can buy the product we want.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #40 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:28pm:
It's not that I had to wait a day, it's that his great moral stand was based on impatience and a ridiculous accusation that a company that doesn't update all of their marketing materials on release day are all filthy liars. 

I don't think that Turbine is filthy.  I think that they probably have even something in their dress code that requires them to bathe.  A unfortunate number of companies have found a need to include that policy nowadays.

fnord

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:49pm:
That's the problem though.  The old ads were certainly misleading.  I wouldn't go as far as to call them false advertising in the legal sense.  But they certainly led people to believe there were only 3 types of classes.  Free and Premium which would be automatically given to VIP's and Favor-based which would be available for favor currently in the game at release.  Their ads certainly gave that impression before.  Even the new ad has that problem if they ever do the same thing with another class.  Again, we're not asking for the moon here.  Just a little micetype disclaimer that says, in a quick announcer-type voice, future favor classes and races may not be available for favor immediately at release.  That's all we expected in the past and all we want in the future.  Tell us what we're buying so we can buy the product we want.

I just don't see the old ads as being that bad of a thing when they're advertising the game as it is.  If something changes in the future, I think that the change should be advertised at the time the change happens, but I don't see any reason it should have to be advertised beforehand. 

Probably a minor philosophical quibble when it comes down to it, but I just don't see this whoop being all that large.  Tongue 

popejubal wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:50pm:
I don't think that Turbine is filthy.  I think that they probably have even something in their dress code that requires them to bathe.  A unfortunate number of companies have found a need to include that policy nowadays.

Yes, but how often?  That's the real question.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 4:56pm:
Probably a minor philosophical quibble when it comes down to it, but I just don't see this whoop being all that large.  Tongue

That's why the outcry wasn't that large either.  It was a minor philosophical quibble but some people have higher standards than others in the companies they choose to patronize.  The fact that I read their ads to mean one thing when in fact they intended another bothers me enough to make me question continued business with that company.

I don't expect everyone to hold companies to that standard.  It's honestly a pain in the ass sometimes and something that I often don't realize until after the fact when someone else points it out.  But that's the standard I have for companies.

Now as far as the new ads go...that was another story altogether and even Turbine realized that quickly. Smiley

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:12pm:
That's why the outcry wasn't that large either.  It was a minor philosophical quibble but some people have higher standards than others in the companies they choose to patronize.  The fact that I read their ads to mean one thing when in fact they intended another bothers me enough to make me question continued business with that company.

I don't expect everyone to hold companies to that standard.  It's honestly a pain in the ass sometimes and something that I often don't realize until after the fact when someone else points it out.  But that's the standard I have for companies.

Now as far as the new ads go...that was another story altogether and even Turbine realized that quickly. Smiley

See, I can understand that, and the fact that I haven't well memorized your position on this a la Cor means that you don't really fit into the cockhole category that I was talking about earlier. 

But while I recognize it's probably just the fact that I'm a noob who has missed some truly massive blow-ups at Turbine, this felt like quite a lot of whining over the issue, to me.  Especially on them other forums.  Jesus Christ.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:04am
Print Post  
iso Cor's reaction.

Well, since you asked, I'm very glad they fixed this ad.  But I don't think it was unrealistic to expect them to get it right in the first place (the ad in question went up after the update).

However, they need to realize that what they're advertising is what the game will be over the course of the subscription term they are selling.  Simply advertising the game as it exists is not enough.

At this point, all I'm asking is that if they want to keep new races/classes in reserve for a period of time of their choosing, specify that, clearly, in all VIP-related advertising.  I'd probably buy VIP again, even under those terms.  But I want to know what I'm buying.  Access to future content, races, and classes (with the specific exception of those unlockable by favor) was the core reason I went VIP in the first place.

Also: I think you're confusing my passion for arguing what I think is a correct point, perhaps to the point of excess in refusing to let disagreeing points go unanswered (which tends to mean repeating myself if I've seen that disagreeing point before, and still think it's invalid for reasons I've previously given), with passionate rage at Turbine.  I'm not that angry with them.  It's largely a matter of principle.  A little more clarity in what, exactly, VIP buys, and I'd be right back as a happy customer, if not as a VIP, as a paying Premium.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:04am:
Also: I think you're confusing my passion for arguing what I think is a correct point, perhaps to the point of excess in refusing to let disagreeing points go unanswered (which tends to mean repeating myself if I've seen that disagreeing point before, and still think it's invalid for reasons I've previously given), with passionate rage at Turbine.  I'm not that angry with them.  It's largely a matter of principle.  A little more clarity in what, exactly, VIP buys, and I'd be right back as a happy customer, if not as a VIP, as a paying Premium.

This is where I am as well.  The volume of argument has nothing to do with the size of the problem and everything to do with the volume of the opposition to a perfectly valid point - Turbine should tell their customers upfront what they're buying.  And when they fail to do that their customers should call them on it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint