Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Who is going for First Down of New Raids? (Read 49255 times)
Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Re: Who is going for First Down of New Raids?
Reply #100 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:18am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:13am:
I still havent run any new content yet Cry I have heard its fun.

I ran 'Blown to Bits' and some other one where you reactivate crystals or some shit.

Both were good fun. I was having issues with getting Deconned, but otherwise, it was comparible to Amrath, maybe a bit easier on Norm for a 3-man group, but still great fun.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #101 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:05am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:13am:
@ scaredy cat very well said. You completely get my perspective.

@ Jen do you not realize how bloody pompous you sound? "The raid is sooooooooooo OG hjard but dont worry we beat it on Epic day one." So you really are saying how awesome you are? You dont see why I would bust your balls over this or why I Take such great pleasure in refering to your guild as "Nick and those other guys?" Nick gets it, he doesnt give a fuck because he has nothing to prove, same with this Teth guy who has a serious rep, you on the otherhand seem to. I have never said I am awesome, but I was a senior officer in the guild that decided you weren't quite upto par.
Congrats on the Epic completion.

I still havent run any new content yet Cry I have heard its fun.

As to no members of AoK being good enough to run with the likes of "Nick and those Other guys", there are definately people who couldnt in guild, possibly even me. But there definately several players who would be in the top guilds on any server Milamber, Glenalth, Merlocke and Tab for starters.

Ive said it a bunch, but my only beef was the talk without experience.  That's pretty pompous the way I view it.  I think maybe we both haven't viewed each others posts so much in the way they have been intended.  If not you then perhaps I am the guilty one. 
Not making the cut from Ransacked is pretty irrelevant as well as that was long long ago.  I didn't make the cut because I sucked back then period.  What exactly am I trying to prove? you talk the shit about something you don't know anything about and I tell you to go run it.  You assume because I thought it was hard and didn't agree with your logic that I am saying my guild is better then everyone?  I will admit I'm pretty damn competitive, cocky even at times, but never unreasonable.  Nothing wrong with that though, I'd say a lot of us are this way.   
I still think you should run this raid, then come up with a conclusion.  It's a bit ridiculous were still talking about this, as we should be in game playing it.  As for those named, I would never disagree that they are good players, but asking me this question your pretty much forcing me to sound arrogant in order to later on call me arrogant?  Everything is opinions though, and I never said mine were correct.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:39am by Jenovaa_Project »  

Jen - Revenants: Khyber

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #102 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's not the save or the HP.

I'm running around with a 40ish CON and better than that in Fort Save.

It still hits for anywhere from 70-150 and a Blitz doesn't self-heal very well Sad

That is pussy damage.  I know your problem now.  You run quests with the expectation of it being easier on the diff.  I run every quest as if it were epic.  If they aren't hitting me for a constant 100+, they aren't trying hard enough.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #103 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:24am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:58pm:
The raid is fucking hard.

Grats Jen.

J$, Legion had world firsts for a whole lot of raids spanning quite a few years before the Revs took it from them. You've got to give the boys a bit of credit else you sound of sour grapes, no?

Errm, well my comment is no irrelevant since as I read further gunga now knows.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #104 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:35am
Print Post  
Also J$ I get the perspective that Mel elaborately described.  I understand really I do, but there's things your not even taking into account... I mean if we are to compare the difficulty of a raid now to how difficult a raid was in 2008 there's a lot of variables we need to realize.

1.) Level cap is higher, Gear is exceptionally better and we've had more time to create builds then ever before.
2.) We sucked down a lot of pots.  I think to be fair we should say that the more pots that have been consumed generally the harder the raid was. 
3.) We had a lot of practice on Lama.  We wiped many times to learn the raid.
4.) It was only completed 1x so far on Epic.  Many have tried and failed.  There are a lot of great guilds/players out there, so why are we seeing this ratio of completions on epic?

If they made these unbeatable, what would be the point?  They made them pretty hard, and to the point where 1 person dying could easily start a chain of deaths and wipe the party after you have been in there for a couple of hours...  That to me is a challenge.  I'll be honest my first judgment of The Master Artificer was a bit wrong, although with the update to the raid it really made ELOB considerably harder.  TMA once you figure it out is quite easy, its tedious.  I know this, because I've experienced it and beaten it on Epic.  Its almost a slap in the face when you work extremely hard for something and players like you want to blow their load all over your success.  Don't get me wrong I know this is just a game, and I wont lose sleep over this or anything, but you antagonize and expect what in return?  At least generally when I say things I can back them up.

Jen - Revenants: Khyber

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #105 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Quote:
snip

Pony content? Not so interested. Tere can create content for me then. Tongue

Lots of cupcakes and you would have to summon a kitty to get the loot at the end Wink

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #106 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:47am:
Lots of cupcakes and you would have to summon a kitty to get the loot at the end Wink

To loot the chests, you have to pet the kitty.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #107 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Will this kitty leave fur all over me? This is a daily RL issue I live with... so I would seriously have to take it into consideration in any content. Are we talking long fur or short fur here? And not white. No white kitties.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #108 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:50am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:51pm:
We'll find out in the next week or two if the part highlighted in red is true.  I have a feeling that most people on the forums (i.e. all of the "mere mortals") will be complaining about how hard LoB and MA are on Normal.

I haven't tried on normal but can tell you that elite is fuck hard.

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #109 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
I'd like to get other Rev's opinions on the raid. I have to agree tho that Jen is sure acting like the head rooster now that they've beaten the raid. Is this his first achievement in ddo? Either way, lets here something from some other people in your guild.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #110 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:04pm:
I have to agree tho that Jen is sure acting like the head rooster now that they've beaten the raid.

I'm not seeing it.  Because he's saying that it's not easy and that J$ is an ignorant dickhead for trying to pop off at the mouth over a raid he hasn't run yet?  Because that's not cocky at all, it's just accurate.

Is it for saying that content that he has actually ran and beat was pretty fucking hard?  Because, uh...  wow.  You horrible, cocky bastard.  You think something that you beat is hard.  Stop tooting your own horn, you giant jerkface.  Sad

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #111 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:38pm:
I'm not seeing it.  Because he's saying that it's not easy and that J$ is an ignorant dickhead for trying to pop off at the mouth over a raid he hasn't run yet?  Because that's not cocky at all, it's just accurate.

Is it for saying that content that he has actually ran and beat was pretty fucking hard?  Because, uh...  wow.  You horrible, cocky bastard.  You think something that you beat is hard.  Stop tooting your own horn, you giant jerkface.  Sad 

He comes off as "I beat it. Me! Me and my guild! And it was HARD! Us. We beat it. I beat it guys. Hey guys, I'm just here to remind you that I beat it. Hey guys I beat it. Did you guys know I beat it? and it was soooo hard. I beat it. Wow that was hard. I beat it and it was so hard!! Hard to beat! But I did it! Swear!"

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #112 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:00pm:
He comes off as "I beat it. Me! Me and my guild! And it was HARD! Us. We beat it. I beat it guys. Hey guys, I'm just here to remind you that I beat it. Hey guys I beat it. Did you guys know I beat it? and it was soooo hard. I beat it. Wow that was hard. I beat it and it was so hard!! Hard to beat! But I did it! Swear!"

I'm just not seeing it.  His guild beat it, he said it was an accomplishment and a difficult raid, and then people tried to denigrate that accomplishment and he defended it.  Not nearly what you're saying here, as far as I can see.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #113 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
I just did LOB on norm. I was a PUG spot in what seemed like a Prophets + Wanderlust run.

Even on norm with players on the server who have solid reputations, it's still going to take a while I think before it becomes a routine raid that people can PUG without knowing most of the group.

One of our Clerics did DC before the LOB fight started, which made things a bit more tricky but I think even if that didn't happen it would have still been a rough completion.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #114 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Just got both done. Was MA was fun and 0 pots first time. Had smithers with a lot of advice alongside Emili. THey Probably saved more than a few pots/deaths.

LoB?

Holy fuck. I did it on NORMAL and about 31 deaths. Fun, but fuck. Wow. Intense is one word. It sure put me in my place in regards to my build/skills.

Went in with 3 healers, 1 of which had a weird DC and we could not tell he actually DC'd.

ac works on normal at least but after a few deaths, and trying to watch for the special moves, while attempting to lead it...I was struggling.

Big thanks to smithers and gala for keeping it together. I was getting worried at the end.

My opinion might change later but fuck it was rough on normal. Maybe 20-30 pots used all up I think.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #115 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
I just did LOB on norm. I was a PUG spot in what seemed like a Prophets + Wanderlust run.

Even on norm with players on the server who have solid reputations, it's still going to take a while I think before it becomes a routine raid that people can PUG without knowing most of the group.

One of our Clerics did DC before the LOB fight started, which made things a bit more tricky but I think even if that didn't happen it would have still been a rough completion.

I assume that it will get easier.  Hell, when our guild was pioneering E-Chrono they were like 40 pot affairs until we developed a plan, strategy and understanding of the raid. Now, we hardly ever use one pot.  Those first 4 or 5 were brutal tho...

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #116 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:29pm:

It was a mix, I formed it from leftovers from out MA run. Thanks for your help.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #117 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:32pm:
I assume that it will get easier.  Hell, when our guild was pioneering E-Chrono they were like 40 pot affairs until we developed a plan, strategy and understanding of the raid. Now, we hardly ever use one pot.  Those first 4 or 5 were brutal tho...

I've no doubt it will get easier with practice.  I can remember running chrono with Gene when that first came out and that took some getting used to as well. 

I guess my initial concern is that the norm setting seems to be quite brutal at first glance, god knows what Epic will be like lol.

You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #118 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:04pm:
I'd like to get other Rev's opinions on the raid. I have to agree tho that Jen is sure acting like the head rooster now that they've beaten the raid. Is this his first achievement in ddo? Either way, lets here something from some other people in your guild.

***Disclaimer:  I'm a Rev member with no epeen issues (don't really think any of us do) and honestly don't think my skillz are the uberz of any and all in ddo (maybe inadequate for Revs but some of the guildies say the skillz are good enough).***

Been in on several world firsts (I'm a person that honestly doesn't care about that, just so happens everyone I usually play with, if it be Rev or Legion, usually wants to be the first).  I found eLoB to be about one of the most challenging things I've seen in the game since headstart of DDO.  Titan was about as tough on release but mostly due to inadequate understanding of the mechanics and his buggy pathing. 

We used alot of resources...I'm not sure I can ever remember a time content released that we used so many.  I'm not 100% sure we are doing everything right in eLoB.  I even dusted off my old intim from Thelanis (Seanconnery), loaded him down with gear, then tanked eLoB which worked well for the first half of the raid until he starts resetting his agro every couple of minutes.  Well anyways it's a phonebook sized playbook in there on how we handled it but suffice it to say the raid was very difficult with many people having to handle many things simultaneously.

I for one believe more people will beat this but their first several goes, like us, will be resource intensive. 

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #119 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:33pm:
It was a mix, I formed it from leftovers from out MA run. Thanks for your help.

Ah I didn't realise it was you, is splat your toon?

Was happy for the invite just to get a chance to learn the raid a little.  Thanks.

Quote:

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #120 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:35am:
Also J$ I get the perspective that Mel elaborately described.  I understand really I do, but there's things your not even taking into account... I mean if we are to compare the difficulty of a raid now to how difficult a raid was in 2008 there's a lot of variables we need to realize.

1.) Level cap is higher, Gear is exceptionally better and we've had more time to create builds then ever before.
2.) We sucked down a lot of pots.  I think to be fair we should say that the more pots that have been consumed generally the harder the raid was. 
3.) We had a lot of practice on Lama.  We wiped many times to learn the raid.
4.) It was only completed 1x so far on Epic.  Many have tried and failed.  There are a lot of great guilds/players out there, so why are we seeing this ratio of completions on epic?

If they made these unbeatable, what would be the point?  They made them pretty hard, and to the point where 1 person dying could easily start a chain of deaths and wipe the party after you have been in there for a couple of hours...  That to me is a challenge.  I'll be honest my first judgment of The Master Artificer was a bit wrong, although with the update to the raid it really made ELOB considerably harder.  TMA once you figure it out is quite easy, its tedious.  I know this, because I've experienced it and beaten it on Epic.  Its almost a slap in the face when you work extremely hard for something and players like you want to blow their load all over your success.  Don't get me wrong I know this is just a game, and I wont lose sleep over this or anything, but you antagonize and expect what in return?  At least generally when I say things I can back them up.   

Jen you havent been around as along the old guard. You dont have the experiences of trying to beat "new" raids for months and then finally doing it. The greastest achievement in DDO was when Combat Bones Brigade beat the WF Titan the night before it was nerfed and made much easier.

Most of your points actually denote the ways that game has been made easier. Your 4th point is valid, maybe the ratio denotes its hard enough, and your team in Revenants is simply that far ahead of the curve, because of skill, leadership, coordination, top end gear and a willingness to consume pots (people used to complain about using a stack of heal scrolls or even 4 or 5 CSW wands to get through raids... now its stacks of pots lol) all of which definately contributed to you guys being first to beat epic. But consider this, the fact that the raid was released on Lammania first and beaten (on normal) day 1 and then subsequently beaten on Epic and same thing on live release, has made people in less of a hurry to play.

There is no challenge between guilds because its been done. I know Aces hasnt really mustered much effort to get eithe done, the same 6 guildies that are keen have multiple characters flagged, the rest have none and many like me have barely explored even the Cannith House area nevermind the even flagging bcause the urgency has been removed, we probably have another year before the developemnt cycle swings around and we see new endgame content so why hurry? The raids have been beaten and though its a fair playing field in the sens that everyone can go to Lammania, not every player or even every good guild goes over.

If you had been around and participated in some of the early server firsts you would probably be able to appreciate the idea of the competition to struggle and get through a normal completion first. Turbine has taken this away from te players by putting their raids on a public test server. Turbine stole your thunder in getting the worlds first, because you did it on the test server. Its like a giant asterix beside the win *beaten on Lammania, with unlimited pots with toons that forced a very unfavorable nerf to a popular class...

edit for Gawna so wall of text isnt quite so TL;DR
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:01pm by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Kailiee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:00pm:

Please beat the raid and share your take on it.. oh wait you probably can't Tongue

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #122 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:51pm:
Jen you havent been around as along the old guard. You dont have the experiences of trying to beat "new" raids for months and then finally doing it. The greastest achievement in DDO was when Combat Bones Brigade beat the WF Titan the night before it was nerfed and made much easier. Most of your points actually denote the ways that game has been made easier. Your 4th point is valid, maybe the ratio denotes its hard enough, and your team in Revenants is simply that far ahead of the curve, because of skill, leadership, coordination, top end gear and a willingness to consume pots (people used to complain about using a stack of heal scrolls or even 4 or 5 CSW wands to get through raids... now its stacks of pots lol) all of which definately contributed to you guys being first to beat epic. But consider this, the fact that the raid was released on Lammania first and beaten (on normal) day 1 and then subsequently beaten on Epic and same thing on live release, has made people in less of a hurry to play. There is no challenge between guilds because its been done. I know Aces hasnt really mustered much effort to get eithe done, the same 6 guildies that are keen have multiple characters flagged, the rest have none and many like me have barely explored even the Cannith House area nevermind the even flagging bcause the urgency has been removed, we probably have another year before the developemnt cycle swings around and we see new endgame content so why hurry? The raids have been beaten and though its a fair playing field in the sens that everyone can go to Lammania, not every player or even every good guild goes over.
If you had been around and participated in some of the early server firsts you would probably be able to appreciate the idea of the competition to struggle and get through a normal completion first. Turbine has taken this away from te players by putting their raids on a public test server. Turbine stole your thunder in getting the worlds first, because you did it on the test server. Its like a giant asterix beside the win *beaten on Lammania, with unlimited pots with toons that forced a very unfavorable nerf to a popular class...

I am not even going to attempt to read this Quanefelesque wall of text.  Paragraphs, J$!  Help a girl out!

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #123 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I am not even going to attempt to read this Quanefelesque wall of text.  Paragraphs, J$!  Help a girl out!

my bad going back to fix

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #124 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Kailiee wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:52pm:
Please beat the raid and share your take on it.. oh wait you probably can't Tongue

I got bored with endgame content a long time ago. All my characters are TRs atm. So it's pretty much an invalid argument. Either way I don't feel that server firsts really matter that much, and I wouldn't go around waving my epeen about them. I just think it's silly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Send TopicPrint