Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Who is going for First Down of New Raids? (Read 49524 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Re: Who is going for First Down of New Raids?
Reply #125 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:58pm:
my bad going back to fix

You make me smile in my labia.

IP Logged

Kailiee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:51pm:
Jen you havent been around as along the old guard. You dont have the experiences of trying to beat "new" raids for months and then finally doing it. The greastest achievement in DDO was when Combat Bones Brigade beat the WF Titan the night before it was nerfed and made much easier.

Most of your points actually denote the ways that game has been made easier. Your 4th point is valid, maybe the ratio denotes its hard enough, and your team in Revenants is simply that far ahead of the curve, because of skill, leadership, coordination, top end gear and a willingness to consume pots (people used to complain about using a stack of heal scrolls or even 4 or 5 CSW wands to get through raids... now its stacks of pots lol) all of which definately contributed to you guys being first to beat epic. But consider this, the fact that the raid was released on Lammania first and beaten (on normal) day 1 and then subsequently beaten on Epic and same thing on live release, has made people in less of a hurry to play.

There is no challenge between guilds because its been done. I know Aces hasnt really mustered much effort to get eithe done, the same 6 guildies that are keen have multiple characters flagged, the rest have none and many like me have barely explored even the Cannith House area nevermind the even flagging bcause the urgency has been removed, we probably have another year before the developemnt cycle swings around and we see new endgame content so why hurry? The raids have been beaten and though its a fair playing field in the sens that everyone can go to Lammania, not every player or even every good guild goes over.

If you had been around and participated in some of the early server firsts you would probably be able to appreciate the idea of the competition to struggle and get through a normal completion first. Turbine has taken this away from te players by putting their raids on a public test server. Turbine stole your thunder in getting the worlds first, because you did it on the test server. Its like a giant asterix beside the win *beaten on Lammania, with unlimited pots with toons that forced a very unfavorable nerf to a popular class...

edit for Gawna so wall of text isnt quite so TL;DR

I am part of the "Old Guard" and comparing the way things were a la Titan is just stupid. That raid was buggy as shit when it came amd everyone who ran it knows that.  There was 50/50 chance the Titan would get hung up on pillar bottoms.The Titan used to swing at the melees and take out pillars and the list of bugs goes on....

I know the early completions involved some cheap ass shit like grease or comet fall to keep the Titan in position while the laser was fired. Which is one of the reasons why raid bosses became immune to everything!!!

Epic Lord of Blades is every bit as hard as that minus the bugs involved.....A lot of people keep crying for a challenge and here it is.

Stuff has gotten easier but that tends to happen when your running level 12 raids on level 20's multi tr's with epic weapons etc.  People used to bitch about using scrolls and shit but now it is common practice and expected to maintain no pot runs.

I usually get about 50 major pots while tr'ing and never have to use them.  So they sit in my pack or a bank slot and take up space.  The new raids are an answer to the hundreds of unused pots sitting in banks etc.  Will the pot count go down...yes eventually but I don't think you will beat LoB on epic without drinking some pots. 

This game will never be a fair or level playing field again.  Not only is there Lamma but you also have V.I.P and F2P which have different release dates for when content comes out. Those who want it will get it the rest will just cry as evidenced here and elsewhere.   

Our live completion was us trying to not use any pots what so ever.  As a testament to that we burned 1800 heal scrolls between us all. 

At this point all I have heard from Aces is the B.S. they spout on the forums.  Back when Aces first tried to start shit with Legion I stated then and I am stating again...Put up or shut up

You want respect or even credibility step up and do it and stop hiding behind the rest of the bullshit. From where I sit it sounds like a lot of sour grapes......If you want to have the accolades light a fire under your guildies asses and step up to lead the challenge.

IP Logged

Kailiee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:01pm:
I got bored with endgame content a long time ago. All my characters are TRs atm. So it's pretty much an invalid argument. Either way I don't feel that server firsts really matter that much, and I wouldn't go around waving my epeen about them. I just think it's silly.

What I would expect from someone complaining....all my toons are Tr'd atm.  If that is the case then you have no leg to stand on when complaining.

I am glad we have your opinion on end game raids which you clearly run...oh wait  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #128 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Kailiee wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:36pm:
I am part of the "Old Guard" and comparing the way things were a la Titan is just stupid. That raid was buggy as shit when it came amd everyone who ran it knows that.  There was 50/50 chance the Titan would get hung up on pillar bottoms.The Titan used to swing at the melees and take out pillars and the list of bugs goes on....

I know the early completions involved some cheap ass shit like grease or comet fall to keep the Titan in position while the laser was fired. Which is one of the reasons why raid bosses became immune to everything!!!

Epic Lord of Blades is every bit as hard as that minus the bugs involved.....A lot of people keep crying for a challenge and here it is.

Stuff has gotten easier but that tends to happen when your running level 12 raids on level 20's multi tr's with epic weapons etc.  People used to bitch about using scrolls and shit but now it is common practice and expected to maintain no pot runs.

I usually get about 50 major pots while tr'ing and never have to use them.  So they sit in my pack or a bank slot and take up space.  The new raids are an answer to the hundreds of unused pots sitting in banks etc.  Will the pot count go down...yes eventually but I don't think you will beat LoB on epic without drinking some pots. 

This game will never be a fair or level playing field again.  Not only is there Lamma but you also have V.I.P and F2P which have different release dates for when content comes out. Those who want it will get it the rest will just cry as evidenced here and elsewhere.   

Our live completion was us trying to not use any pots what so ever.  As a testament to that we burned 1800 heal scrolls between us all. 

At this point all I have heard from Aces is the B.S. they spout on the forums.  Back when Aces first tried to start shit with Legion I stated then and I am stating again...Put up or shut up

You want respect or even credibility step up and do it and stop hiding behind the rest of the bullshit. From where I sit it sounds like a lot of sour grapes......If you want to have the accolades light a fire under your guildies asses and step up to lead the challenge.

Keep your accolades Bitch. You are teh UBER ZOMG it was sooooo hard that noone but us will beat it! from the beginning I posted that Nick and those other guys for sure get props for mobilization on Lammania getting their team organized to run. So fuck you and the sour grapes that are obviously the hemorroids hanging out your ass making you all butt hurt

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #129 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You make me smile in my labia.

I always aim to please. Give me some time and you do more than smile I will make you laugh, multiple times Wink

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #130 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Kailiee wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:42pm:
What I would expect from someone complaining....all my toons are Tr'd atm.  If that is the case then you have no leg to stand on when complaining.

I am glad we have your opinion on end game raids which you clearly run...oh wait  Roll Eyes

When was I expressing an opinion on I raid I didn't run? Please work on your reading comprehension. If anything I asked for commentary from people who've run it. Reading is hard.

IP Logged

Kailiee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #131 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
Keep your accolades Bitch. You are teh UBER ZOMG it was sooooo hard that noone but us will beat it! from the beginning I posted that Nick and those other guys for sure get props for mobilization on Lammania getting their team organized to run. So fuck you and the sour grapes that are obviously the hemorroids hanging out your ass making you all butt hurt

Looks like I struck a nerve Wink

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #132 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:33pm:
It was a mix, I formed it from leftovers from out MA run. Thanks for your help.

Yeah cos it was 1.30am in the morning on a Wednesdsy and some of your guildies have to sleep!

Thinking about resetting my FvS to blob mode for this one. I don't play that one on that account much. And time to TR and level my arti!

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #133 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Kailiee wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:30pm:
Looks like I struck a nerve Wink

Nope, I just find a sharp command of correction works best when training a bitch dog, so I thought it would transfer over to the likes of you.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

Kailiee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:23pm:
Nope, I just find a sharp command of correction works best when training a bitch dog, so I thought it would transfer over to the likes of you.

Ahh that is what that was....I thought it was a excerpt from 12 year old girls diary peppered with expletives for extra effect!

If you spent half as much time organizing your guildies as you do trolling forums you might have managed a normal completion by now  Roll Eyes

But in all seriousness when can we expect AoK's eventual LoB epic completion?  I am dying with anticipation.....maybe we can wax intellectual and swap strategies  Roll Eyes

It being such an easy raid and all it should be soon right Wink

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #135 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:50pm:

I am curious about the animosity in J$ response here. What is the background?

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #136 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Fall, 1934, Paris.  A man is chasing his bicycle down the Rue.  It looks like it may rain.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:51pm by Maxwell Edison »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Looks suspiciously like someone who got called out for popping off when he's got no idea what he's talking about and then got super defensive about it.  I don't know for sure, mind you, but it looks a lot like that.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #138 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:04pm:
I'd like to get other Rev's opinions on the raid. I have to agree tho that Jen is sure acting like the head rooster now that they've beaten the raid. Is this his first achievement in ddo? Either way, lets here something from some other people in your guild.

If you even knew me you wouldn't say that.  I'm not this type of guy.  If I have come off as bragging about beating the raid then I apologize, never meant that at all.  I think maybe you should go back and read all of my posts Soul.  I've even said others will eventually beat this, just that it was a pretty hard raid.  What does it matter if its my only accomplishment or one of thousands, isn't this irrelevant?  I've been in other world firsts if that's what you wanted to know, several world speed records, solod' almost every epic in the game (should I continue?)... <--- Lemme guess now that I've answered this question I'm the bragging asshole again?  Honestly all in all Soul I'm probably one of the nicest chill guys you'd meet in game so maybe one day your opinions about me will change, if not I'll live.

Jen - Revenants: Khyber

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:00pm:
If you even knew me you wouldn't say that.  I'm not this type of guy.  If I have come off as bragging about beating the raid then I apologize, never meant that at all.  I think maybe you should go back and read all of my posts Soul.  I've even said others will eventually beat this, just that it was a pretty hard raid.  What does it matter if its my only accomplishment or one of thousands, isn't this irrelevant?  I've been in other world firsts if that's what you wanted to know, several world speed records, solod' almost every epic in the game (should I continue?)... <--- Lemme guess now that I've answered this question I'm the bragging asshole again?  Honestly all in all Soul I'm probably one of the nicest chill guys you'd meet in game so maybe one day your opinions about me will change, if not I'll live. 

You seem pretty chill to me for the most part. Just saying how you came off from this particular instance. I doubt we'll ever meet in game though unless you plan on bringing it to Thelanis. :X

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #140 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:51pm:
Jen you havent been around as along the old guard. You dont have the experiences of trying to beat "new" raids for months and then finally doing it. The greastest achievement in DDO was when Combat Bones Brigade beat the WF Titan the night before it was nerfed and made much easier.

You do know I have been around since may of 2006 right?  I'm sorry you were here a couple months before me??? As far as the greatest achievement in DDO, I never claimed anything. I still wont.

Most of your points actually denote the ways that game has been made easier. Your 4th point is valid, maybe the ratio denotes its hard enough, and your team in Revenants is simply that far ahead of the curve, because of skill, leadership, coordination, top end gear and a willingness to consume pots (people used to complain about using a stack of heal scrolls or even 4 or 5 CSW wands to get through raids... now its stacks of pots lol) all of which definately contributed to you guys being first to beat epic. But consider this, the fact that the raid was released on Lammania first and beaten (on normal) day 1 and then subsequently beaten on Epic and same thing on live release, has made people in less of a hurry to play.

You also realize that we never ran the raids on normal for practice on Lama.... We stuck with Epic then entire time...

There is no challenge between guilds because its been done. I know Aces hasnt really mustered much effort to get eithe done, the same 6 guildies that are keen have multiple characters flagged, the rest have none and many like me have barely explored even the Cannith House area nevermind the even flagging bcause the urgency has been removed, we probably have another year before the developemnt cycle swings around and we see new endgame content so why hurry? The raids have been beaten and though its a fair playing field in the sens that everyone can go to Lammania, not every player or even every good guild goes over.

This wasn't about a guild vs guild.... it was about you getting your guild and beating this raid on Epic or shutting your mouth.  Look if you need time I'm in no hurry, but no point talking until you finally get around to it, so here I tell ya what J$, take your time.  Go do what you need to, then when your ready you go attempt the raid.  If you beat it, I will congratulate you and give you full credit for your completion and at that point what you say about the raid I will actually listen too.  If you fail I wont even be a bad sport, but then at least wed all know. 

If you had been around and participated in some of the early server firsts you would probably be able to appreciate the idea of the competition to struggle and get through a normal completion first. Turbine has taken this away from te players by putting their raids on a public test server. Turbine stole your thunder in getting the worlds first, because you did it on the test server. Its like a giant asterix beside the win *beaten on Lammania, with unlimited pots with toons that forced a very unfavorable nerf to a popular class...

Quit assuming everything J$, it makes you look arrogant.  I was heavily involved in other server's firsts to include being part of Argonnessen's first TOD completion.

edit for Gawna so wall of text isnt quite so TL;DR

Answers in RED.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:16pm by Jenovaa_Project »  

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #141 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:07pm:
You seem pretty chill to me for the most part. Just saying how you came off from this particular instance. I doubt we'll ever meet in game though unless you plan on bringing it to Thelanis. :X

Well I apologize if I have came off in the wrong way to other people in here as well as you.  Also I plan on having  a few capped toons on every server in this coming year.  That's part of my checklist before I quit.  So we may get to meet one day. Wink

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:16pm:
Well I apologize if I have came off in the wrong way to other people in here as well as you.  Also I plan on having  a few capped toons on every server in this coming year.  That's part of my checklist before I quit.  So we may get to meet one day. Wink   

I've done that on every server but Khyber and Cannith :X Lots of fun starting from scratch and building your way up. It gets easier every time.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #143 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 7:18pm:
I've done that on every server but Khyber and Cannith :X Lots of fun starting from scratch and building your way up. It gets easier every time.

Come to Khyber! I'll kit you out. Could be amusing. Although I am sure you know heaps of people here.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #144 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Come to Khyber! I'll kit you out. Could be amusing. Although I am sure you know heaps of people here.

Was gonna go to Khyber with Sergod once upon a time. Don't know why I haven't made it there yet. Could be amusing, I suppose. I really like Thelanis tho. :X Not sure how it could get much better imo

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #145 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 8:03pm:
Was gonna go to Khyber with Sergod once upon a time. Don't know why I haven't made it there yet. Could be amusing, I suppose. I really like Thelanis tho. :X Not sure how it could get much better imo

I never claimed 'better'. I just said 'amusing'. And I didn't say for whom. :p

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #146 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I think I was trying to politely decline because I don't want to be trolled. Tongue

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #147 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:03pm:
I think I was trying to politely decline because I don't want to be trolled. Tongue

Score for me then.

Smiley

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #148 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:

My experience from being at thelanis (xoriat to thelanis in merging) since release and coming to khyber with my roster 5 months ago was wow, the pugs are more painful at khyber, lol, but very entertaining if I'm in a patient mood.

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #149 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Score for me then.

Smiley

Sure why not

Epitome wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:45pm:
My experience from being at thelanis (xoriat to thelanis in merging) since release and coming to khyber with my roster 5 months ago was wow, the pugs are more painful at khyber, lol, but very entertaining if I'm in a patient mood.

See? Thelanis is way better already

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint