Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Who is going for First Down of New Raids? (Read 49223 times)
Gawna
Ex Member

Re: Who is going for First Down of New Raids?
Reply #25 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:25pm:
I am going to have to watch my texts nao!

I'm sending your phone number in a mass PM to AoK.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #26 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm sending your phone number in a mass PM to AoK.

I will put them in my 5.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #27 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 9:24pm
Print Post  

Wasn't all of this beaten on Llamaland already?

It's not an accomplishment to be the "first" at anything that was accessible from the preview server.  That's like Legion with their "world first" Abbot win.  Or a spelling bee where you're given the words beforehand.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #28 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 9:24pm:
Wasn't all of this beaten on Llamaland already?

It's not an accomplishment to be the "first" at anything that was accessible from the preview server.  That's like Legion with their "world first" Abbot win.  Or a spelling bee where you're given the words beforehand.

We did beat it on Lama, but that was before they updated it.  So I would still count Aliclan's completion on epic as the World First.  Wink  We did however beat TOD ELite on lama with 6 guildies and 1 pug  the first day.  Yes we drank pots up the ass, but we had 7 players so it was expected.

Jen - Revenants: Khyber

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #29 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 9:31pm:
We did beat it on Lama, but that was before they updated it.  So I would still count Aliclan's completion on epic as the World First.  Wink

Unless they changed it into a completely different raid, my point stands.  Claiming any kind of "first" when others are waiting for the content to go live is like claiming to be the fastest person in the world because you beat Usain Bolt in the 100-meter dash with a 50-meter headstart.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #30 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 9:46pm:
Unless they changed it into a completely different raid, my point stands.  Claiming any kind of "first" when others are waiting for the content to go live is like claiming to be the fastest person in the world because you beat Usain Bolt in the 100-meter dash with a 50-meter headstart.

Umm well the changes introduced have made a huge impact with how hard the raids are.  When we originally ran these, we thought they were pretty tough.  We were short manning them though and had unlimited pots.  After a lot of time invested in these raids, we were able to come up with a good strategy for beating both raids.  Then they updated and tweaked the raids.  TMA didn't get a lot harder overall.  Yea it sucks not being able to raise for 2 minutes, and the Titans now get rezzed at 50% each time you take them down instead of what was 5%, but its a bit irrelevent.  Its pretty easy to dodge their attacks and is pretty much a straight forward beat down.  It was a lot harder learning it all from the unknown but once you get it down, your good to go.  ELOB got drastically harder.  We've attempted it a few times and haven't beaten it yet.  We got close, but its rough restarting the raid after a wipe, when you spent 2 hours fighting balls to the fucking walls and ding.  I completely agree with you on the whole 50 meter head start thing, but Id also say that this situation is an exception.  They did make them harder and the worldwide completion your seeing I would deem true.  As far as I know nobody has beat ELOB yet so it will be a world first.  I hope that makes any sense heh.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #31 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
stop playing with your food stainer

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #32 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 10:54pm
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 10:05pm:
Umm well the changes introduced have made a huge impact with how hard the raids are.  When we originally ran these, we thought they were pretty tough.  We were short manning them though and had unlimited pots.  After a lot of time invested in these raids, we were able to come up with a good strategy for beating both raids.  Then they updated and tweaked the raids.  TMA didn't get a lot harder overall.  Yea it sucks not being able to raise for 2 minutes, and the Titans now get rezzed at 50% each time you take them down instead of what was 5%, but its a bit irrelevent.  Its pretty easy to dodge their attacks and is pretty much a straight forward beat down.  It was a lot harder learning it all from the unknown but once you get it down, your good to go.  ELOB got drastically harder.  We've attempted it a few times and haven't beaten it yet.  We got close, but its rough restarting the raid after a wipe, when you spent 2 hours fighting balls to the fucking walls and ding.  I completely agree with you on the whole 50 meter head start thing, but Id also say that this situation is an exception.  They did make them harder and the worldwide completion your seeing I would deem true.  As far as I know nobody has beat ELOB yet so it will be a world first.  I hope that makes any sense heh.

I understand what you're saying, but fail to see how making things harder does anything but exacerbate the point I'm making.  Sure, yeah, now they're harder, which means the folks who have no experience whatsoever in the quests will have an even harder time learning what you already know.

This is less a worry about who claims what first and more of a complaint about the entire idea of a preview server.  Those who really want to be first will spend the time to learn it on preview servers - I just feel it (the preview server) detracts from the competition by removing some of the fun.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #33 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
REvenants beat ELOB tonight on 2nd try.  was hardcore.  Wink

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #34 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
OMGBIZZY did all the flagging quests on normal. Now that we can see each others HPs, we felt normal was the best course of action.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #35 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 11:53pm:
REvenants beat ELOB tonight on 2nd try.  was hardcore.  Wink

Is it something you would try every 3-4 days? Or more like doing the 4 man ToD?

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:27am
Print Post  
We 3/4 manned 2 of the quests on Normal tonight.

I keep getting my ass handed to me on Smrti...damn those Deconning Artificers!!!

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #37 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
We 3/4 manned 2 of the quests on Normal tonight.

I keep getting my ass handed to me on Smrti...damn those Deconning Artificers!!!

Yea I did them duo with Vio (Felgor and Violeita, Barb abd wiz) on lammy.

It sucked so much getting deconstructed all the time. Pretty easy on Normal though.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:30am:
Yea I did them duo with Vio (Felgor and Violeita, Barb abd wiz) on lammy.

It sucked so much getting deconstructed all the time. Pretty easy on Normal though.

They made me fight the optional golem in the first one (Blown to Bits i think).

I died so fast to a charge and had no clue what was what.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:32am
Print Post  
So... Epic is now done for both raids

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #40 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
So... Epic is now done for both raids

You know what you can do on epic?

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:39am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:33am:
You know what you can do on epic?

Do tell :p

And how is it that people in channel were shocked when I wished Gawna a /vaghighfive? It should be the mandatory salutation for all vault females from now on :p

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #42 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 10:54pm:
I understand what you're saying, but fail to see how making things harder does anything but exacerbate the point I'm making.  Sure, yeah, now they're harder, which means the folks who have no experience whatsoever in the quests will have an even harder time learning what you already know.

This is less a worry about who claims what first and more of a complaint about the entire idea of a preview server.  Those who really want to be first will spend the time to learn it on preview servers - I just feel it (the preview server) detracts from the competition by removing some of the fun.

You know you have a great point.  This is why I wish Lama wasn't up.  Sure keep Mournlands, but ditch Lama.  I know I know I sound like a hypocrit here hehe, but I honestly dislike that there is a Lama.  I do go there though because I can't help my power gamer blood but it is what it is.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #43 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:52am
Print Post  
A couple of guys I know have done both raids on norm and said it wasn't to bad so I guess its' fairly well balanced seeing the only 2 Epic completions had a guzzlefest that Oliver Reed would have been proud of.

I havn't tried em out yet, will do norm first to get used to it like most people I imagine, but first impressions suggest that Epic will be pretty hardcore for a while.

ToD Elite seems to be tough as well from what I saw on one thread on the other forums.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #44 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:55am
Print Post  
New Weapons Shipment is fun.  It's faster more interesting and challenging.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #45 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 12:17am:
Is it something you would try every 3-4 days? Or more like doing the 4 man ToD?

As of right now, I think all of us are willing to drink the SP pots to run these every couple days for the time being.  This is mainly bc we want these new items etc...  However if the high resource stays then probably not.  Turbine will likely nerf these raids on Elite and Epic or not many players are going to be getting completions.  Too many people said it was too easy, so they made shit harder and guess what? People just fucked themselves over.  That's my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, the difficulty the way it is I love.  Its the only thing in game that is an actual challenge. 

Here's the kicker folks:  Guess what it takes to complete your new alchemical weapons?  Probably around 25 completions, and 7-10 of those will need to be done on EPIC to finish completing 1 single weapon.... So the question is what does that mean to you?

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #46 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:14am:
As of right now, I think all of us are willing to drink the SP pots to run these every couple days for the time being.  This is mainly bc we want these new items etc...  However if the high resource stays then probably not.  Turbine will likely nerf these raids on Elite and Epic or not many players are going to be getting completions.  Too many people said it was too easy, so they made shit harder and guess what? People just fucked themselves over.  That's my opinion.  Don't get me wrong, the difficulty the way it is I love.  Its the only thing in game that is an actual challenge. 

Here's the kicker folks:  Guess what it takes to complete your new alchemical weapons?  Probably around 25 completions, and 7-10 of those will need to be done on EPIC to finish completing 1 single weapon.... So the question is what does that mean to you?

I've been lazy in researching what drops on which diffifculty (Only that final tier is elite/epic).

Do you think that once the new and shiny fuss wears down, even the people capable of completing Epic will look for the most optimal grind (X number of norms + X number of Epics) to make the items they need?

You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #47 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:20am:
I've been lazy in researching what drops on which diffifculty (Only that final tier is elite/epic).

Do you think that once the new and shiny fuss wears down, even the people capable of completing Epic will look for the most optimal grind (X number of norms + X number of Epics) to make the items they need?

Yes I do. 

Its just so fucking expensive to run this.  We sold/traded a ton of fucking scrolls/items/etc for 2 days and raised roughly 1700 SP pots in our guild chest.  After the failed attempt etc and whatnot, we now have like 500 pots.  Where did those other 1200 pots go in 1 day of us SAVING OUR SP?

Edit*  We used roughly only 120 pots as a group the 2nd time through but just learning this quest is where you will see the hit
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:32am by Jenovaa_Project »  

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #48 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:36am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 1:30am:
Yes I do. 

Its just so fucking expensive to run this.  We sold/traded a ton of fucking scrolls/items/etc for 2 days and raised roughly 1700 SP pots in our guild chest.  After the failed attempt etc and whatnot, we now have like 500 pots.  Where did those other 1200 pots go in 1 day of us SAVING OUR SP?

Edit*  We used roughly only 120 pots as a group the 2nd time through but just learning this quest is where you will see the hit

I like the sound of that then.  There was the possibility I suppose of complete segregation between people doing norm and doing Epic.  If even the hardcores are going to do be doing norms as well from time to time (and assuming that some of those Norm runs are PUGs), I guess this will become the new shroud eventually (Just harder).

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #49 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:16am
Print Post  
We fucked up in EMA.  We forgot about the electric floor and the pattern.  Oopsiedaisey.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint