Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Who is going for First Down of New Raids? (Read 49216 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Who is going for First Down of New Raids?
Reply #50 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:19am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 11:57pm:
OMGBIZZY did all the flagging quests on normal. Now that we can see each others HPs, we felt normal was the best course of action.

I ran normal with a few guildies on my 18 FVS lord of blades.  Terror+BB= Master of Kills.  Fucking PK destroys them from the sword.  It is actually pretty funny.  It was just a  joke at first but then they were failing saves.  Then I just got all giddy.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #51 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
We 3/4 manned 2 of the quests on Normal tonight.

I keep getting my ass handed to me on Smrti...damn those Deconning Artificers!!!

You know why you got your ass handed to you right? You suck.  My caster and my fvs both had no problem with the decon.. I don't think it ever hit for full damage.  Con is not a dump stat, fort is not a dump save.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #52 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:31am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:20am:
You know why you got your ass handed to you right? You suck.  My caster and my fvs both had no problem with the decon.. I don't think it ever hit for full damage.  Con is not a dump stat, fort is not a dump save.

ew blob builds Sad

Jen - Revenants: Khyber

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #53 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:31am:
ew blob builds Sad

blob?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #54 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:09am:
blob?

IM drunk idk carry on...

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #55 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:34am
Print Post  
So Day 1 is over.  Now that we have all had the opportunity to run these new raids, how did you guys do?  What are your opinions thus far?  Are they still too easy? Too hard? Just right?  Lets hear your thoughts

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #56 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:37am
Print Post  
I haven't run the raids yet, but did the flagging quests on elite with all optionals...the first too were tough, with that damn porting cannon and the suicide bomber iron golem....poor casters drank ALOT of pots.... we sort of figured strategy on the run which was kind of fun though

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #57 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:40am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:34am:
So Day 1 is over.  Now that we have all had the opportunity to run these new raids, how did you guys do?  What are your opinions thus far?  Are they still too easy? Too hard? Just right?  Lets hear your thoughts

I liked them. I think I like lob beter than tma, both were fun though.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:53am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #58 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
They made me fight the optional golem in the first one (Blown to Bits i think).

I died so fast to a charge and had no clue what was what.

Norg (because he ran it once before) piked some while Dimz and I ran it ... he ran up purposely to watch us with that golem. Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:46am by Emili »  

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #59 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:34am:

Many of us would have appreciated the warning, "what are the patterns above the artificers head for?" before the giant electric field shot bolts up our ass that came out of our genitilia forcing us to fail a 1000 dc fort save and die.  Then again, we did just walk through epic like it was one big joke until that part.  So fair enough I guess.

The flagging quests are boring, long, easy, and WORTH NO FUCKING XP.  Talk about giant waste of talas xp pot.  They need to stop releasing content with LESS xp then the rest of the fucking quests in the game.  I know they are retarded, but come one.  Can anyone really be that fucking pathetic? I, like many others I am sure, would like to run a few different quests for the xp grind.

Other then that, I give it a giant meh.  I am not a big fan of retarded grinds like these alchemical weapons will be.  It is what it is though.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #60 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:51am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:37am:
I haven't run the raids yet, but did the flagging quests on elite with all optionals...the first too were tough, with that damn porting cannon and the suicide bomber iron golem....poor casters drank ALOT of pots.... we sort of figured strategy on the run which was kind of fun though

I feel sorry for your casters, you should tell them how to play.  Both bosses are a joke on a caster.  Suicide bomber golem is just a giant run backwards refresh dots and elemental weakness kite fest.  The Cannon, granted, is an epic bore of running around.  If there was some difficulty added to it, it might be interesting.  Really, BB dogs, one caster on the crystals (he can hit them all from the top center), melee ground and pound the cannon.

Simple, easy, under control.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #61 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:08am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:51am:
I feel sorry for your casters, you should tell them how to play.  Both bosses are a joke on a caster.  Suicide bomber golem is just a giant run backwards refresh dots and elemental weakness kite fest.  The Cannon, granted, is an epic bore of running around.  If there was some difficulty added to it, it might be interesting.  Really, BB dogs, one caster on the crystals (he can hit them all from the top center), melee ground and pound the cannon.

Simple, easy, under control.

As I said, strategy was on the run - so once we figured out both it was straight forward, just took some experimenting, which I liked anyway.

It didn't help matters that I killed Eladiun 3 times with charges.... oopsie Cheesy

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #62 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:08am:
As I said, strategy was on the run - so once we figured out both it was straight forward, just took some experimenting, which I liked anyway.

It didn't help matters that I killed Eladiun 3 times with charges.... oopsie Cheesy

That was the hard part in the suicide bomber quest.  We kept tricking each other to blow ourselves sky high.  I got everyone on the chest placing the charge inside of it.  I claimed, "fucking lag" when it didn't pop.  Then, I winged away right before it blew up.  Mwahahaha!

Just another blockade buster that one.  Me and another guildy were also getting people to take on the bomber.  Just to see the  bomber blow them all up.  Fricking amazing.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #63 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Did you run LOB epoch? 

Ya I agree the quests are pretty meh... With some cool fights.  I do like the voices though.  The raids however were done pretty well I think.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #64 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:45am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:22am:
If you succeed Im wondering what all that bullshit about them being hard enough was all about.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If those who said it was too easy and couldn't complete it on it's hardest difficulty setting I'm wondering why they started bullshit they couldnt back up. Shocked

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #65 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:32am:
Did you run LOB epoch? 

Ya I agree the quests are pretty meh... With some cool fights.  I do like the voices though.  The raids however were done pretty well I think.

We didn't do ELOB, everyone was irritated at the defeats in master artificer.  If I remember correctly, their first wipe was on the second wave (shit tons of golems) before the elec field.  Second wipe I was in and it was on the the elc field.  We plan to hit up ELOB tonight.  I might convince them to blow through a quick normal MA (just because I hate NOT being on raid timers) beforehand.  Hell, I might just shortman it to practice the elec field.  This caught me by complete surprise.  Thought process was like this: Ooo, look at the crystals you can click on pop up.  Nifty, he shoots them with lightning, I wonder why?  HOLY SHIT THAT HURT!  Then a little DM message popped up, something to do with the patterns flashing above his head.  So we sat there and watched the patterns and elec field.  Anyways, I think I might talk them down to a normal LOB as well.  Not everyone in The Ancients is equipped well enough to handle Elite, much less Epic.  A sacrifice I must make I know, but it must be done.

Oh, and I forgot:

Really, web makes even Epic seem rather trivial.  Talk about a walk in the park.  OMG! TONS OF WF! Web.   OMG! GIANT CONSTRUCTS! Web.  All in all, was pretty easy.  Just make sure to finger those arties on epic or Tactical Detonations everywhere! 

Another quick edit, My web DC on my Water Savant was a grand 31.  I was still catching them more often then not. I have now crafted my +3 cha bonus and my epic conj docent.  So at a nice 36, should be pretty trivial I imagine.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2011 at 8:20am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #66 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 8:27am
Print Post  
I think a big part of what makes these tough, is that these raids take a while to beat.  They take a while to beat if you do everything correct.  Now lets say your group wipes like we did after 1.5 hours in the quest.  Its a moral killer and these raids are made to get harder the further you get into them so it really does blow having to start all over.  Now factor in pots lol.   

I haven't ever ran LOB on normal, but I hear its basically about equal to running a TOD on hard pre U11.  Thats assuming you know the quest well.  TMA doesn't really scale at all and the differences between Normal and Epic isn't that much.  The traps hit harder, but who cares because once you learn how to dodge them you never get hit.  The titans do the same dmg pretty much as well.  LOB however scales pretty hardcore.  He still hits hard on normal I'm told but his HP is considerably lower, the mobs are all considerably weaker, the anti rez isn't shit compared to the epic version and so on.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #67 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 8:35am
Print Post  
My guild can walk through Elite ToD (the old one Tongue) pretty easily.  So, I figure starting them off on norm LOB is best simply for that reason.  I would hate to take them to an ELOB just to see them get creamed in minutes, hahaha.  Well, actually, that would be kind of funny.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 5:20am:

It's not the save or the HP.

I'm running around with a 40ish CON and better than that in Fort Save.

It still hits for anywhere from 70-150 and a Blitz doesn't self-heal very well Sad

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #69 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:45am:
If those who said it was too easy and couldn't complete it on it's hardest difficulty setting I'm wondering why they started bullshit they couldnt back up. Shocked

I havent even had a sniff of the new content. I have logged in long enough to buy a guildy a guest pass, thats it.

But the fact remains everything was beaten day 1 on EPIC which makes the difficulty too easy. You cant have it both ways Jen. Unless you are claiming to be soooooo UBER that only the might of "Nick and those other guys" could have a shot at beating the quest and any mere mortals should find normal tough enough if not impossible. I maintain any raid that is beaten day one is a joke nevermind if it was on the hardest setting or not.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #70 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:08pm:
I havent even had a sniff of the new content. I have logged in long enough to buy a guildy a guest pass, thats it.

But the fact remains everything was beaten day 1 on EPIC which makes the difficulty too easy. You cant have it both ways Jen. Unless you are claiming to be soooooo UBER that only the might of "Nick and those other guys" could have a shot at beating the quest and any mere mortals should find normal tough enough if not impossible. I maintain any raid that is beaten day one is a joke nevermind if it was on the hardest setting or not.

I think it's fair that the best geared players on the server managed a 1st day completion, considering it was on Lamaland first, then ramped up for release.

It's resource intensive as well (as are all the Epic Raids from what I'm hearing), which makes it more of a battle of attrition as well.

In short, they made it harder and longer so only the best can handle it.

Kinda like a pornstar, only geekier.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #71 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think it's fair that the best geared players on the server managed a 1st day completion, considering it was on Lamaland first, then ramped up for release.

It's resource intensive as well (as are all the Epic Raids from what I'm hearing), which makes it more of a battle of attrition as well.

In short, they made it harder and longer so only the best can handle it.

Kinda like a pornstar, only geekier.

VoD and HoX were beat on day 1. They are the shittiest raids in DDO. ToD was not beaten on Elite day 1, it is an excellent raid. This is the difference

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #72 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:24pm:
VoD and HoX were beat on day 1. They are the shittiest raids in DDO. ToD was not beaten on Elite day 1, it is an excellent raid. This is the difference

How many resources though?

Also keep in mind that Revenants is quite full of transferred characters, and it took them multiple tries to do it.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #73 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Remember when people didn't even go for completion in pugs when Shroud first came out?  Tons of LFM's for the first 3 parts or "as far as we can go."  Good times.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #74 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:08pm:

Prove me wrong then please.  Get a group of guys together and go beat LOB on Epic.  Any other difficulty isn't counted at all in any way shape or form to us.  I never claimed only the Revs could beat it, but as it stands that's the truth for the time being.  Will that change? I definitely see some other groups completing it, but I'm also betting those that do will say its fucking hard.  Bottom line is how can you complain without having any experience that something is too easy?  Honestly J$ in as humble of a way I can put it, I don't think you nor anyone you group with on a regular basis even comes close to comparing to the level of play of my weakest guild memeber ...  I don't care if you hate, that's part of life.  The difference between us and you guys? When we talk, we back up everything we say.  Were not the assholes you all are.  You may be a big shots on the forum community, but in game your all noobs with a few exceptions.  You want to fix that, then get off your lazy ass and get your guys shit together and go beat a ELOB or keep being posers, that's your choices.  Either way I'm sure well both survive. 

Edit* Bring your popcorn guys, J$ is going to show us all how easy these are.
« Last Edit: Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:50pm by Jenovaa_Project »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Send TopicPrint