Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Who is going for First Down of New Raids? (Read 49273 times)
Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Re: Who is going for First Down of New Raids?
Reply #75 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:48pm:
Prove me wrong then please.  Get a group of guys together and go beat LOB on Epic.  Any other difficulty isn't counted at all in any way shape or form to us.  I never claimed only the Revs could beat it, but as it stands that's the truth for the time being.  Will that change? I definitely see some other groups completing it, but I'm also betting those that do will say its fucking hard.  Bottom line is how can you complain without having any experience that something is too easy?  Honestly J$ in as humble of a way I can put it, I don't think you nor anyone you group with on a regular basis even comes close to comparing to the level of play of my weakest guild memeber ...  I don't care if you hate, that's part of life.  The difference between us and you guys? When we talk, we back up everything we say.  Were not the assholes you all are.  You may be a big shots on the forum community, but in game your all noobs with a few exceptions.  You want to fix that, then get off your lazy ass and get your guys shit together and go beat a ELOB or keep being posers, that's your choices.  Either way I'm sure well both survive. 

Edit* Bring your popcorn guys, J$ is going to show us all how easy these are.

J the canadian twat can't even build a proper character these days ...

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #76 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
I wish it was possible to watch a raid like you can be a spectator in Unreal Tournament or w/e.  I can imagine it would be great fun to watch.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Stoogie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Man I would love it if the spectator feature was added to the game. I think that would consume about 99% of my game time, just watching the LFM's like a hawk, join whichever looks like the shittiest group, and enjoy.
Be even better if you could use voice, just to stir the pot even more Smiley

Epoch wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:44am:
Beating up women isn't the same as fucking them.  Also, shame on you for doing so.

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #78 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Stoogie wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:17pm:
Man I would love it if the spectator feature was added to the game. I think that would consume about 99% of my game time, just watching the LFM's like a hawk, join whichever looks like the shittiest group, and enjoy.
Be even better if you could use voice, just to stir the pot even more Smiley

That already exists!  That's why I liked playing my cleric!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #79 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:51pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:08pm:
I havent even had a sniff of the new content. I have logged in long enough to buy a guildy a guest pass, thats it.

But the fact remains everything was beaten day 1 on EPIC which makes the difficulty too easy. You cant have it both ways Jen. Unless you are claiming to be soooooo UBER that only the might of "Nick and those other guys" could have a shot at beating the quest and any mere mortals should find normal tough enough if not impossible. I maintain any raid that is beaten day one is a joke nevermind if it was on the hardest setting or not.

We'll find out in the next week or two if the part highlighted in red is true.  I have a feeling that most people on the forums (i.e. all of the "mere mortals") will be complaining about how hard LoB and MA are on Normal.

fnord

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #80 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
yea well see for sure.  Honestly if J$ ran the raid on Epic and beat it, and still thought it was too easy I wouldn't have argued with him.  Its the fact that all these fucks are complaining without even running the raid.  To top it off these guys that are suppose to be the best of the best and complained about the raids being too easy got their asses owned in Elite.  Didn't even make it to Epic.  Then they say its because they had to pug? I'm sorry but fuck that.

Jen - Revenants: Khyber

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #81 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Jen that's not quite the point. But it's too hard to explain. And I'm not saying I wasn't absolutely elated when you guys beat it (hey I couldn't concentrate at work I just wanted to hear how you guys went) but I guess people want a bigger universe - a place for aliens, and dreams Smiley

I was priviledged enough to be on one of the Revenants practice runs on Lam. I wasn't much use but I didn't die too much on eLoB on my FvS. eMA I was so tired and just kept dying. I would just wait for my unyielding sov timer, ask who I was to target it with, take my rez with them targeted and get the unyielding off before dying again 5 seconds later.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #82 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:45pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Jen that's not quite the point.

So what is the point then that J$ is trying to make if you know so much?  Because to me and several others its pretty crystal clear... Its the same point they have been making for years...

Don't be all  Lips Sealed  I'd truly like to understand Embarrassed

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #83 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
The raid is fucking hard.

Grats Jen.

J$, Legion had world firsts for a whole lot of raids spanning quite a few years before the Revs took it from them. You've got to give the boys a bit of credit else you sound of sour grapes, no?

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Epitome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:18am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:58pm:
The raid is fucking hard.

Grats Jen.

J$, Legion had world firsts for a whole lot of raids spanning quite a few years before the Revs took it from them. You've got to give the boys a bit of credit else you sound of sour grapes, no?

Many of us in Revs are ex-legion with those world firsts.

REVENANTS
  Xevlen
. Jibcutter . Pipehitter. Seanconnery-
Live Twitch Feed - Youtube Channel - Facebook

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #85 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Epitome wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:18am:
Many of us in Revs are ex-legion with those world firsts.

You can always go back to Legion so that you don't have to tell people that you USED to be in Legion. Or maybe wear your Legion shirt when you raid so that people will know.

I wear my Ravensguard boxers when I have big presentations or on date night.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:36am by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #86 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:42am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:18pm:
yea well see for sure.  Honestly if J$ ran the raid on Epic and beat it, and still thought it was too easy I wouldn't have argued with him.  Its the fact that all these fucks are complaining without even running the raid.  To top it off these guys that are suppose to be the best of the best and complained about the raids being too easy got their asses owned in Elite.  Didn't even make it to Epic.  Then they say its because they had to pug? I'm sorry but fuck that.   

Yes I saw Norgs post (Don't be shy just say it lol).

At the end of the day, there's always gonna be people like Jonny on the Vault and Madmatt on the other forums who can't bring themselves to say "Well done" and accept that there are in fact players out there with more ability, organisation and determination to get things done.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #87 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:35am:
You can always go back to Legion so that you don't have to tell people that you USED to be in Legion. Or maybe wear your Legion shirt when you raid so that people will know.

I wear my Ravensguard boxers when I have big presentations or on date night.

Hey if I had a Legion or Ravensguard shirt id wear it... cool words lol. They have a zing about them lol'

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #88 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Jenovaa_Project wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:45pm:
So what is the point then that J$ is trying to make if you know so much?  Because to me and several others its pretty crystal clear... Its the same point they have been making for years...

Don't be all  Lips Sealed  I'd truly like to understand Embarrassed

Hmmm... ok... I'll try... and the funny thing is that *you* yourselves actually agree with this point if you think about it.

Trying to put it into different terms/spaces to take it out of DDO-scape to make the point.

I used to do caving (and would like to again when I get my fitness back). And one of the things that I liked about caving is that it took a lot of effort to get to see some of the things that I got to see. You had to have gear, a minimum of technique, a LOT of fitness, a certain mindset and tenacity, teamwork, knowledge... and you got to see beautiful amazing spaces that someone strolling along with a camera would not get to see. We would map caves in 3D. When droughts came we would have access to systems that hadn't been accessed for years to map even further. There was more to discover. On another day you could push harder. Someone could take a bigger risk and get further. People with amazing minds/fittness/technique/gear could push caves harder than I ever could. But some cave systems finally got completely mapped and connected and they were finished off all mapped up. Job over well done. But at least there is another cave system somewhere in the world to check up.

Or it's like the space analogy - we will never map to the end of space. Are there aliens? Is there another planet we can live on?

This DDO world we have here is finite. It's not like RL space. But for people who have played it for years, who have mapped out all the systems, they want it to be BIGGER. When you beat it in *one day* you kind of drive home that it's not. It's a finite mappable system. And we have to wait at the mercy of devs to provide another space and system.

This is not to say that you shouldn't try and beat it in one day. You absolutely should! LOL And I will cheer you all the way! Smiley Cheesy It's just a sad fact that when you do you remind us of one of the limits in our DDO universe. Limits and challenges that you yourselves play with all the time when you push yourselves to complete faster with more DA or whatever other insane challenges you want to take on to have fun with. (And I'm smiling to think of some of the insane things you guys do lol)

It's still friggin hard. Every win in and of itself is going to be a MASSIVE achivement by whoever does it. The system is still being mapped. But... we want a bit more is all. And in a way it's nothing to do with Revenants, aLicans, Legion, etc.

Hope you guys don't take this the wrong way. As you know I cheer for you guys all the time - as I do also many other end game players. I want DDO to be *bigger* for the end end game player as much as I want it to be more easily accessible for the newbie and the shy.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #89 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hmmm... ok... I'll try... and the funny thing is that *you* yourselves actually agree with this point if you think about it.

Trying to put it into different terms/spaces to take it out of DDO-scape to make the point.

I used to do caving (and would like to again when I get my fitness back). And one of the things that I liked about caving is that it took a lot of effort to get to see some of the things that I got to see. You had to have gear, a minimum of technique, a LOT of fitness, a certain mindset and tenacity, teamwork, knowledge... and you got to see beautiful amazing spaces that someone strolling along with a camera would not get to see. We would map caves in 3D. When droughts came we would have access to systems that hadn't been accessed for years to map even further. There was more to discover. On another day you could push harder. Someone could take a bigger risk and get further. People with amazing minds/fittness/technique/gear could push caves harder than I ever could. But some cave systems finally got completely mapped and connected and they were finished off all mapped up. Job over well done. But at least there is another cave system somewhere in the world to check up.

Or it's like the space analogy - we will never map to the end of space. Are there aliens? Is there another planet we can live on?

This DDO world we have here is finite. It's not like RL space. But for people who have played it for years, who have mapped out all the systems, they want it to be BIGGER. When you beat it in *one day* you kind of drive home that it's not. It's a finite mappable system. And we have to wait at the mercy of devs to provide another space and system.

This is not to say that you shouldn't try and beat it in one day. You absolutely should! LOL And I will cheer you all the way! Smiley Cheesy It's just a sad fact that when you do you remind us of one of the limits in our DDO universe. Limits and challenges that you yourselves play with all the time when you push yourselves to complete faster with more DA or whatever other insane challenges you want to take on to have fun with. (And I'm smiling to think of some of the insane things you guys do lol)

It's still friggin hard. Every win in and of itself is going to be a MASSIVE achivement by whoever does it. The system is still being mapped. But... we want a bit more is all. And in a way it's nothing to do with Revenants, aLicans, Legion, etc.

Hope you guys don't take this the wrong way. As you know I cheer for you guys all the time - as I do also many other end game players. I want DDO to be *bigger* for the end end game player as much as I want it to be more easily accessible for the newbie and the shy.

Player-Created-Content is the answer here....

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #90 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Quote:
Player-Created-Content is the answer here....

Could well be. Anything marked with "xtethx" I would be like "WOAH I"M SCARED" lol...

JC would make cupcake content. I would play JC content for sure Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:50am by »  

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Quote:
Could well be. Anything marked with "xtethx" I would be like "WOAH I"M SCARED" lol...

JC would make cupcake content. I would play JC content for sure Smiley

JC would make Ponies everywhere. Cupcakes are Tere's territory.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:51am by »  

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #92 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:23am
Print Post  
I have another point to add which more addresses what I think J$ and madmatt tried to say but I'm not sure how to phrase it.

There is height as well as expanse issue here. Post above is the expanse issue. It's the height issue that J$ and madmatt are niggling at in their respective ways.

It's like Everest.

Atm they may not give you credit for being very good mountain climbers for climbing Everest. And you may well take satisfaction that they run out of oxygen or whatever it takes. But eventually everyone is going to have their oxygen bottles and know the rope techniques or whatever to get there.

In this DDO universe Everest was there for 1 day and you climbed it. In the real world Everest was looked on for millenia as a home of the Gods. Climbing Everest would make it seem smaller some how? And just not as hard?

I am having problems phrasing this. I hope I have not take J$ or madmatt or whoever the wrong way nor offended you who have climbed these heights.

Pony content? Not so interested. Tere can create content for me then. Tongue

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #93 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Quote:

Nice read, but here's the thing Mel, I don't really care if the raids are actually hard or easy, its more of I'm tired of listening to these bitches complain about shit they haven't tried.  J$ says its easy, he is in AOK which a lot of people have been saying they are one of if not the best guild on Argonnessen.  I'm not attacking AOK here, but I doubt J$ is going to pug it so in a way they are involved.  So I'm waiting here for J$ to get  into one of his Guild runs and beat ELOB so easily and come back here and tell us about it.  What is so hard to understand about this?   

I said it was hard.
He said it was easy.
I said have you ran it?
He said no.
I said okay go run it on Epic.
He said NOTHING YET.

Its simple really.  I am calling him out on his shit. I want to see some Pic's of his easy completion.  That's what we do here isn't it?

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #94 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Jen if they admit the raid is hard, then they have to admit you are awesome players. And really awesome players.

They'll do that over their dead bodies (lol. It's a *game*)

Therefore they can not admit it is hard.

Simple logic and everyone here knows it. I wouldn't worry about it as nothing really needs to be said - just done Smiley

My other points still stand.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #95 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Quote:
JC would make Ponies everywhere. Cupcakes are Tere's territory.

Smrti I'm getting in trouble for misspelling Teth's name. Be a darling and modify it your quote?

Damn iphones

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #96 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:51am
Print Post  
Quote:
Smrti I'm getting in trouble for misspelling Teth's name. Be a darling and modify it your quote?

Damn iphones

AHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!!!

sure Meli.

Edit: Done
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:51am by »  

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #97 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:16am
Print Post  
I've brought up player created content many times and it gets shot to hell, largely because DDO is f2p and how will they handle it.

City of Heroes Freedom (their f2p) started today.  They have user created content so I'll have to see how they handle it.  Of course I'm VIP on there, but I'll still have to look.

IP Logged

Jenovaa_Project
Dragon Raider

Reply #98 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
Jen if they admit the raid is hard, then they have to admit you are awesome players. And really awesome players.

They'll do that over their dead bodies (lol. It's a *game*)

Therefore they can not admit it is hard.

Simple logic and everyone here knows it. I wouldn't worry about it as nothing really needs to be said - just done Smiley

My other points still stand.

They don't have to admit anything about any players being awesome. 

All they have to do is sac up and give the raids a go on Epic.  There really isn't much more we can say about this.  Either they beat it or they don't its really simple.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #99 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:13am
Print Post  
@ scaredy cat very well said. You completely get my perspective.

@ Jen do you not realize how bloody pompous you sound? "The raid is sooooooooooo OG hjard but dont worry we beat it on Epic day one." So you really are saying how awesome you are? You dont see why I would bust your balls over this or why I Take such great pleasure in refering to your guild as "Nick and those other guys?" Nick gets it, he doesnt give a fuck because he has nothing to prove, same with this Teth guy who has a serious rep, you on the otherhand seem to. I have never said I am awesome, but I was a senior officer in the guild that decided you weren't quite upto par.
Congrats on the Epic completion.

I still havent run any new content yet Cry I have heard its fun.

As to no members of AoK being good enough to run with the likes of "Nick and those Other guys", there are definately people who couldnt in guild, possibly even me. But there definately several players who would be in the top guilds on any server Milamber, Glenalth, Merlocke and Tab for starters.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:23am by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint