Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Reaction to artificer doesnt make sense. (Read 12841 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Reaction to artificer doesnt make sense.
Reply #25 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
lifespawn wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:21pm:
nah dontgiveafuckaboutpunctuation

DERP HIM
DERP HIM
DERP HIM
DERP HIM
DERP HIM

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #26 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
lifespawn wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:09pm:
Go to the store buy a ham sandwich package says included inside ham sandwich

you open it and it's a tuna sandwich and there is no right to complain?

Either way I have a sandwich. Grin

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #27 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:25pm:
Prior to Monday, Artificers did not exist so they were not covered by any previous material. If my reading serves me correctly it always said some classes were unlockable via purchase or favor.  They never said they would be favor unlockable on the day of release.  There was no guarentee of that.  The class will eventually be favor unlockable in free in the next update.  Nothing was violated except when you jammed the remote control up your ass in rage.

Just to clarify your flawed logic and to see why your so stupid if something is favor unlock-able in the future it's ok to advertise that it is favor unlock-able even if it's not currently.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:26pm:
DERP HIM
DERP HIM
DERP HIM
DERP HIM
DERP HIM

Why do you taunt me?  Are you trying to get Straklen to beat me?  He gives me a paper cut if I mod too many faces off.

IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #29 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:27pm:
Either way I have a sandwich. Grin

well what if it was a cock meat sandwich still ok with that? eladin would love to give you one i'm sure he would find a way to make it not gay

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #30 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Why do you taunt me?  Are you trying to get Straklen to beat me?  He gives me a paper cut if I mod too many faces off.

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
lifespawn wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:30pm:
well what if it was a cock meat sandwich still ok with that? eladin would love to give you one i'm sure he would find a way to make it not gay

I would cover Crulax with my man butter.

And your so wrong, I would make it totally gay...like hot oil wrestling night at Bear bar or a sleep over party at Lance Bass's house.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:37pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #32 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:31pm:
GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

GAWNA'S GOT NO STONES

i would hope not wouldn't be the vault cunt with stones

more like the vault transgender slut/jiggalo?

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #33 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:31pm:

I would cover Crulax with my man butter.

And your so wrong, I would make it totally gay...like an orgy at a bear bar.

Sisster might get mad though. Undecided

Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #34 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:36pm:
Sisster might get mad though. Undecided

She would run the camera.  She's good like that.

Quote:

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #35 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:37pm:
She would run the camera.  She's good like that.

Cool it will have to wait untill tomorrow though as I am only gay on Tuesday and Thursday. Cheesy

YIM  
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #36 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:46pm:
You sir are a retard.  Actually, that is unfair to retards.  There is nothing shady about it.  The group of you that assigns a malice or intent to defraud to releasing artificers in U11 and the remaining favor in U12 are being childish and unrealistic.

^^THIS

In no way, shape, form, or fashion either grammatically or syntactically did they mislead the VIP customer base.

You, sir, and the Chicken Little's of the DDO world are simply illiterate.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #37 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
lifespawn wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 3:28pm:
Just to clarify your flawed logic and to see why your so stupid if something is favor unlock-able in the future it's ok to advertise that it is favor unlock-able even if it's not currently.

Ok, Moron.

We'll go over this one statement.

THERE WAS NEVER ANY PROMISE THAT A FAVOR UNLOCK WOULD BE INSTANT FROM TURBINE...ONLY THAT IT WOULD BE ABLE TO BE UNLOCKED BY FAVOR, PERIOD.

Do you now get it or do I have to call over an English Grammar Tutor?  Perhaps a Logic Tutor as well?  Certainly, you have been missing points the former could teach you, and have been proven ignorant of the latter.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:06pm:
Do you now get it or do I have to call over an English Grammar Tutor?  Perhaps a Logic Tutor as well?  Certainly, you have been missing points the former could teach you, and have been proven ignorant of the latter.

Perhaps that tutor would explain to you what "present tense" is, and how it's not the same as "future tense".

http://www.ddo.com/vip

This describes the benefits of VIP, right now.  In the present.  The description is inaccurate.  In the present.  Whether it will be accurate sometime in the future is besides the point.

This is really very basic stuff.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #39 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:17pm:
Perhaps that tutor would explain to you what "present tense" is, and how it's not the same as "future tense".

http://www.ddo.com/vip

This describes the benefits of VIP, right now.  In the present.  The description is inaccurate.  In the present.  Whether it will be accurate sometime in the future is besides the point.

This is really very basic stuff.

Actually, no.  You might want to reintroduce yourself to cases.  Sure, they are rarely used in colloquial speech, but if one is to learn to read, and read well, one will come to a much better understanding.

Present Tense Indicative Case also includes the concept of an already determined future event, such as a regularly occurring event or, in this case, the scheduled introduction of the Favor unlock.  The future tense excludes any present conditions and, as such, is clearly not applicable in their statement.  Since there is no doubt, the conditional future tense is also ruled out.

I'd probably give you a D instead of an F in one of my classes for the simple reason that you actually understood that there was a "present tense" and a "future tense" even though you did not grasp the elementary concepts surrounding them.
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:25pm by Hordo »  

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:35pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:22pm:
Actually, no.  You might want to reintroduce yourself to cases.  Sure, they are rarely used in colloquial speech, but if one is to learn to read, and read well, one will come to a much better understanding.

Present Tense Indicative Case also includes the concept of an already determined future event, such as a regularly occurring event or, in this case, the scheduled introduction of the Favor unlock.  The future tense excludes any present conditions and, as such, is clearly not applicable in their statement.  Since there is no doubt, the conditional future tense is also ruled out.

I'd probably give you a D instead of an F in one of my classes for the simple reason that you actually understood that there was a "present tense" and a "future tense" even though you did not grasp the elementary concepts surrounding them.

Which of course doesn't make Turbine's communication with their customers clear at all.

If you had asked people how they expected Artificers to be released beforehand I don't think you'd have found anyone saying they expected a favor class that didn't have the favor available in U11.  That's because Turbine's advertisements didn't promote that expectation.  The ads, grammatical lawyering notwithstanding, misled the community.  Some people have a problem with that, some could care less, but any time we go down the road of debating what 'is' means we all lose.

IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #41 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:06pm:
Ok, Moron.

We'll go over this one statement.

THERE WAS NEVER ANY PROMISE THAT A FAVOR UNLOCK WOULD BE INSTANT FROM TURBINE...ONLY THAT IT WOULD BE ABLE TO BE UNLOCKED BY FAVOR, PERIOD.

Semantics and grammatical police aside

If you pay for something  like a car(content/classes) that is advertised for sale and you pay the money for it(vip) and they give you the car(content) but not the engine(favor) which will be put in at a later date because they want to make money off the new spark plug(artificers) that gets you the engine now thats not a bait and switch?.

I want to sell you something somewhere that i will give you at some later date and you can take it and proceed to fuck yourself with it.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #42 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:35pm:
Which of course doesn't make Turbine's communication with their customers clear at all.

If you had asked people how they expected Artificers to be released beforehand I don't think you'd have found anyone saying they expected a favor class that didn't have the favor available in U11.  That's because Turbine's advertisements didn't promote that expectation.  The ads, grammatical lawyering notwithstanding, misled the community.  Some people have a problem with that, some could care less, but any time we go down the road of debating what 'is' means we all lose.

I've read the statements.  One would have to be either extremely naive, or intentionally obtuse to have been deceived in any way.  I'm no Turbine apologist, I'll tell them (and have) to stick it rather vocally if there is cause, but there, simply, has been no cause in this instance.  The whole hubbub is the shallow echoes of an entitled populace and without any substance.

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Lifespawn are you mad bro?

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #44 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:48pm:
I've read the statements.  One would have to be either extremely naive, or intentionally obtuse to have been deceived in any way.  I'm no Turbine apologist, I'll tell them (and have) to stick it rather vocally if there is cause, but there, simply, has been no cause in this instance.  The whole hubbub is the shallow echoes of an entitled populace and without any substance.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #45 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
lifespawn wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:47pm:

If you pay for something  like a car(content/classes) that is advertised for sale and you pay the money for it(vip) and they give you the car(content) but not the engine(favor) which will be put in at a later date because they want to make money off the new spark plug(artificers) that gets you the engine now thats not a bait and switch?.

I want to sell you something somewhere that i will give you at some later date and you can take it and proceed to fuck yourself with it.

ROFL

I'm laughing too hard to actually address this /fail comparison.

Please, hie thee to an elementary school!

LOL!
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:53pm by Hordo »  

Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #46 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
lifespawn wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:47pm:

« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:56pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:22pm:
Present Tense Indicative Case also includes the concept of an already determined future event, such as a regularly occurring event or, in this case, the scheduled introduction of the Favor unlock.

OK, if we want to get really technical:

The Indicative mood (not tense) can include statements about the future, but not all indicative statements can simply be interpreted to refer to the future.  Future is indicated by auxiliary words, and can be expressed in many moods, including indicative.

For example:

"You can unlock Artificers" is indicative, and clearly refers to the present.  Pretending it somehow refers to the future and not the present is just incorrect.

"We plan to allow you unlock Artificers" is also indicative, and declares that a plan exists, at present.  The specifics of the plan are left unspecified, and could include not planning to allow the unlock until the future.

"You will be able to unlock Artificers" is also indicative.  It is a simple statement of fact.  It also clearly refers to the future.  Note that it says nothing about the excluding the present.  This statement could be true even if Artificers were currently unlockable.

The bottom line being, that in English the future requires extra words to clearly mark it as future.  Those auxiliary words do not appear in conjunction with the benefits described.  Claiming that the benefits somehow refer to "future plans" or something else in the future is, therefore, entirely your own invention.  It has no basis in the actual words on the page.

Quote:

Will you give me at least a C for pointing out that English doesn't technically have a "future tense"?

IP Logged

lifespawn
Korthos Resident

GFY

Reply #48 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 4:51pm:
Lifespawn are you mad bro?

no not at all i just think this whole debate is fun

name calling by internet bullies is fun times and i love the grammar police

it's very plain and simple

there are 2 types of classes

free or premium

free everyone gets them

premium you pay for or favor unlock

only one option CURRENTLYfor arificers  buy them no unlock available they should be free

adding in a new disclaimer doesn't work in this case unless someone buys vip AFTER the disclaimer was put in anyone that paid before that was in paid for something they are not getting.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
lifespawn wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 5:02pm:
no not at all i just think this whole debate is fun

name calling by internet bullies is fun times and i love the grammar police

it's very plain and simple

there are 2 types of classes

free or premium

free everyone gets them

premium you pay for or favor unlock

only one option CURRENTLYfor arificers  buy them no unlock available they should be free

adding in a new disclaimer doesn't work in this case unless someone buys vip AFTER the disclaimer was put in anyone that paid before that was in paid for something they are not getting.

umadbro?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint