Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Epic Wipe (Read 8942 times)
flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Epic Wipe
Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=340940

I am not sure whether this is drama or not, so I am assuming not at this point. I find it rather interesting however, that the majority of the people complaining are post f2p people.

For the tl;dr crowd; EVoN6, Velah has more HP, people mad. Lots of tinfoil about Turbine just trying to sell pots.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Re: Epic Wipe
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
flynnjsw wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:04pm:
Lots of tinfoil about Turbine just trying to sell pots.

Not tinfoil.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #2 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:37pm:
Not tinfoil.

Let me rephrase; tinfoil that any changes in difficulty (they made the same claims when the twf changes were made) are made just to increase pot sales.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
I think that raid did need a little boost for epic - Breaken and I discovered a while back that Velah did more damage to us on Elite than Epic.  I think that Epic should be a challenge, the problem is that Turbine thinks adding 39472398472093 hit points to a boss equals challenging which is absolutely not the case.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Turbine thinks adding 39472398472093 hit points to a boss equals challenging which is absolutely not the case.

Someone at Turbine is on the bottom, because they don't do anything but fuck up.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

flynnjsw
Shroud Slacker

F U All!!!!!!

Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think that raid did need a little boost for epic - Breaken and I discovered a while back that Velah did more damage to us on Elite than Epic.  I think that Epic should be a challenge, the problem is that Turbine thinks adding 39472398472093 hit points to a boss equals challenging which is absolutely not the case.

That I certainly agree with, as I do with the "if difficulty goes up, loot chances should as well" thinking. I guess I am mostly amused by all the whining and the tinfoil hat brigade.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:48pm:
Someone at Turbine is on the bottom, because they don't do anything but fuck up.

Did Larka get a job at Turbine?

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #7 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
those fucks are just lazy programmers. if they made that blob of over-proportioned HP's actually MOVE instead of just standing there taking it up the ass like Heffty right now, THAT might make me want to run +5 year old content AGAIN.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #8 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Did Larka get a job at Turbine?

mmrrrrrrpppphhhhhhhhh

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:
39472398472093 hit points

Was Stainer doing the math?

I didn't think he could count that high.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #10 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:

He finally got rid of the abacus and grabbed a calculator.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:30pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:23pm:
He finally got rid of the abacus and grabbed a calculator.

Like this?

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #12 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:

I think you found a new avatar for him.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 9:42pm:
I think you found a new avatar for him.

Nah...I can do better than that for old Stainer.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #14 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:33pm
Print Post  
Calculator+Abacus = Abacator

Also, EVON6 sounds very boring now.  I keep hoping Turbine will get creative when making old content more challenging.  Like a moth to a flame, I guess.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:

He used the wrinkles in his balls to keep track.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He used the wrinkles in his balls to keep track.

Did he do a 1:1 ratio this time?

Or was is 5 wrinkles for every 1 HP?

IP Logged

Chris79
Stormreaver Piker

Wanna a lollipop?

Reply #17 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
I had an epic wipe once....

Damn curry

-----------------------------------------------
Pyrric, Drilltex, Drilltor, Drillsworn - Khyber

IP Logged

Gornin
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:19pm:

Damn curry

Smiley

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #19 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Chris79 wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 11:19pm:

Damn curry

Fuck yeah

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #20 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:44am
Print Post  
Long story short here, it appears the ones who will be using extra pots, are the healers who mash the mass heal button while shouting "HURP DERP" over voicechat.

If you actually watch healthbars and rotate through the healers its no real difference, just takes longer. Unless you have stuff all DPS, then you are fucked.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #21 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:57am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:44am:
Long story short here, it appears the ones who will be using extra pots, are the healers who mash the mass heal button while shouting "HURP DERP" over voicechat.

If you actually watch healthbars and rotate through the healers its no real difference, just takes longer. Unless you have stuff all DPS, then you are fucked.

Partly true.  In groups where everyone has a solid build and reasonable quest knowledge, resource usage will be low.

In groups where gimps are welcome (Either newish players or even experienced players sneaking in on their undergeared 5th alt) and the overall DPS is low making the beatdown longer, then some pots might have to be chugged.

We'll all get used to this, just that group selection will be a bit more picky at endgame raids now. 

It wil effect most people with not many having every single alt geared to the gills and able to contribute in a meaningful way in endgame raiding.

We'll probably see a lot more Micromanagment from Raid leaders also (At least those that complete with the minimum amount of hassle).

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #22 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 7:28am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:57am:
Partly true.  In groups where everyone has a solid build and reasonable quest knowledge, resource usage will be low.

In groups where gimps are welcome (Either newish players or even experienced players sneaking in on their undergeared 5th alt) and the overall DPS is low making the beatdown longer, then some pots might have to be chugged.

We'll all get used to this, just that group selection will be a bit more picky at endgame raids now. 

It wil effect most people with not many having every single alt geared to the gills and able to contribute in a meaningful way in endgame raiding.

We'll probably see a lot more Micromanagment from Raid leaders also (At least those that complete with the minimum amount of hassle).

I think we will see less people capping characters and jumping straight into epic raids on their first life with no gear at all, which is probably a good thing and something I don't understand why people have such an issue with. There are raids (on normal even) and regular epic quests which haven't changed where you can get some gear for your character.

People have been spoiled for too long being able to ride on the coat tails of people who have actually put some effort in. Giving epic/elite raid bosses a heap more more hp isn't exactly the ideal solution but its what we have to deal with.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #23 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:21am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 7:28am:
I think we will see less people capping characters and jumping straight into epic raids on their first life with no gear at all, which is probably a good thing and something I don't understand why people have such an issue with. There are raids (on normal even) and regular epic quests which haven't changed where you can get some gear for your character.

People have been spoiled for too long being able to ride on the coat tails of people who have actually put some effort in. Giving epic/elite raid bosses a heap more more hp isn't exactly the ideal solution but its what we have to deal with.

True. It's interesting myDDOing meh performers after the event - I've encountered folk who think, for example, that a greensteel blank is sufficient DPS to bring to the table, which is a bit.... yeah mate.

I think where we see PUGs up they either won't be true PUGs but more a grouping mechanism for guildies / channelmates / friends, or we will see a lot more myDDOing. I do hope it's not must have epic gear to run epics nonsense, but actually having your greensteel isn't a bad starting point.

Trouble is on a divine caster it'll be hard to know how carefully the raid leader is poking people, so if I PUG with her, I'm going to only PUG with people I know, and avoid pure PUGs like the plague.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #24 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:21am:
Trouble is on a divine caster it'll be hard to know how carefully the raid leader is poking people, so if I PUG with her, I'm going to only PUG with people I know, and avoid pure PUGs like the plague.

Same here.  With other toons, can be a bit more relaxed about which groups I'm in.  On a Divine (Where you're more often than not expected to cover the resource bill yourslef), being more selective than pre U11 seems the safer option to minimize strokes.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint