Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Epic Wipe (Read 8987 times)
Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Epic Wipe
Reply #25 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Auran wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 7:28am:
I think we will see less people capping characters and jumping straight into epic raids on their first life with no gear at all, which is probably a good thing and something I don't understand why people have such an issue with. There are raids (on normal even) and regular epic quests which haven't changed where you can get some gear for your character.

People have been spoiled for too long being able to ride on the coat tails of people who have actually put some effort in. Giving epic/elite raid bosses a heap more more hp isn't exactly the ideal solution but its what we have to deal with.

AMEN.

I came back to the game and rolled new toons after a year or so break December 09.  I didn't enter an Epic for about a year.

There is a shit ton to do to get ready.

Just because the checkbox is there it doesn't mean it's for you. 

Casual != Epic

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #26 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:21am:
True. It's interesting myDDOing meh performers after the event - I've encountered folk who think, for example, that a greensteel blank is sufficient DPS to bring to the table, which is a bit.... yeah mate.

The HP bar display is freaking me out.  It's like a new hobby.  I cannot fathom how some people get so low.   A 6 Fighter/2 Rogue/12 Wizard with 122HP.  WTF.  So many people from the Snooch school of builds.  Sad 

The brightside is when they die I can just say "300 HP and standing under Harry is called suicide and I'm a cleric not a miracle worker."  It also makes my decision on not to rez them easy.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

fluffi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Things I've noticed with divine resource replenishment is that on a completion, you will get a shout out and people usually drop in pots if you used any. BUT on a wipe, alot of people get a hissy fit and just drop group while you're sitting there 8 pots & 50 scrolls down as you were trying to heal a undergeared party through a raid/epic.
At least now when you stop rezing someone the rest of the party can actually see why.

IP Logged

fluffi
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:33am:
A 6 Fighter/2 Rogue/12 Wizard with 122HP.  WTF.  So many people from the Snooch school of builds.  Sad 

I resemble that build. Granted I have ALOT more hp though.
Funny thing is that I got refused from a VoD (even after the mandatory tell), but got into a Abbot. Should have been a smooth run, but Hordo decided to forget how to run over water  Angry

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:42am
Print Post  
fluffi wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:27am:
I resemble that build. Granted I have ALOT more hp though.

The HP was the shocking part the class distro I get although I would go with Monk over rogue on a Pale Master melee build but whatever.  How can their HP be that low with 6 fighter levels?

Quote:

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #30 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Honestly, every PuG brings 3 healers and a bard unless they like wasting 30-45 minutes of their life.  Only channel/guild runs work with less.  And channel/guild runs are guaranteed to have toons decently geared and not sucking.

Given that, there should be at least 7000-9000 spell points to heal with for the raid.  Not counting the bard and mysterious baubles. (Insert random "My Nuts" joke here).  More than enough for the raid. 

BTW...If I have to down 1 pot on my healer in an eVon6 every once in a while, who gives a fuck?  You pull flawless reds every 8-10 runs, at WORST.  A pot costs 10k-15kpp.  a flawless red is worth 600kpp.  You do the math, einstein.  I think you are still coming out on top.  And that doesn't count the shards, seals, and base items you can get.

The only real issue is that it takes an extra 5-10 minutes of my life I won't get back.  Same with eDQ.  I'd used to get 4-5 epics done in 2 hours, no problem.  Now you are lucky to get in 3.  With no upgrade in the loot tables.  It's got nothing to do with store pots.  It's got everything to do with stretching out the grind.  Keeping you busy running on your hamster wheel longer.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #31 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:49am:
BTW...If I have to down 1 pot on my healer in an eVon6 every once in a while, who gives a fuck?  You pull flawless reds every 8-10 runs, at WORST. 

God, I wish my luck was that good. 

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #32 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:57am
Print Post  
BTW.  Ran E-Von last night and I barely saw a difference.  yeah she has more HP so now the second healer actually has to take over and yeah you need to pay a little more attention but it's much ado about nothing.

Quote:

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #33 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:57am:
BTW.  Ran E-Von last night and I barely saw a difference.  yeah she has more HP so now the second healer actually has to take over and yeah you need to pay a little more attention but it's much ado about nothing.

Your guild runs are not where the problem is.  I gotta, say, I've run these new content raids and some epic raids (edq, specifically) with some Helpers recently, and the toons and play were very solid.  Catalyster, for example, is a beast of a Warchanter.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #34 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:13pm:
Your guild runs are not where the problem is. 

I see your point but I slightly disagree.  A properly geared pug or channel should be fine.  We have some good players and some geared players but there are a lot of capable players on Khyber.  The reality is the lure of the eSoS has drawn undergeared and underprepared players into these raids where they have been gimped along.  If you don't have the HP or equipment you just shouldn't be there. No LitII; no Dragon.  I know it sounds elitist but Epic is not for Casual players it's end game for the top players and characters.   For too long too many have felt entitled to Epic completion when they contribute nothing to the parties success.

Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:13pm:
Catalyster, for example, is a beast of a Warchanter.

Goodthings is a hell of player. 
« Last Edit: Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:39pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I just want to say it made me moist to see Vel make a "my nuts" joke about mysterious baubles.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #36 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I just want to say it made me moist to see Vel make a "my nuts" joke about mysterious baubles.

A light breeze makes you moist.

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:40pm:
A light breeze makes you moist.

I get swamp crotch from the AC vent over my desk.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #38 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:

If you change employment, I bet you get to keep that chair.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #39 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Yum...  is it bad that this turns me on?

Quote:

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:43pm:
If you change employment, I bet you get to keep that chair.

That would be awesome - it's a sweet ergonomic chair!  It's comfortable yet supportive, kind of like your nuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #41 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That would be awesome - it's a sweet ergonomic chair!  It's comfortable yet supportive, kind of like your nuts.

Did I tell you about Emmersome?

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:53pm:
Did I tell you about Emmersome?

My chest is all red and splotchy.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #43 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My chest is all red and splotchy.

Allergies? Emmersome doesn't get allergies, since he is so healthy.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:51am:
God, I wish my luck was that good. 

Amen to this.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #45 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:57am:

Ya, I did a guild run saturday night that was pretty painful due to lag, but wouldn't have been a problem otherwise.

Random pugging would be a bit more interesting however.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:49am:
Honestly, every PuG brings 3 healers and a bard unless they like wasting 30-45 minutes of their life.  Only channel/guild runs work with less.  And channel/guild runs are guaranteed to have toons decently geared and not sucking.

Given that, there should be at least 7000-9000 spell points to heal with for the raid.  Not counting the bard and mysterious baubles. (Insert random "My Nuts" joke here).  More than enough for the raid. 

BTW...If I have to down 1 pot on my healer in an eVon6 every once in a while, who gives a fuck?  You pull flawless reds every 8-10 runs, at WORST.  A pot costs 10k-15kpp.  a flawless red is worth 600kpp.  You do the math, einstein.  I think you are still coming out on top.  And that doesn't count the shards, seals, and base items you can get.

The only real issue is that it takes an extra 5-10 minutes of my life I won't get back.  Same with eDQ.  I'd used to get 4-5 epics done in 2 hours, no problem.  Now you are lucky to get in 3.  With no upgrade in the loot tables.  It's got nothing to do with store pots.  It's got everything to do with stretching out the grind.  Keeping you busy running on your hamster wheel longer.   

My issue isn't that it might take a pot, it's that the loot drops are still shit.  Nothing like running eVon6 or eDQ and seeing 1 item and 2 shards drop.  Or 3 explorer zone items and no shards

IP Logged

Mister_Peace
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 13th, 2011 at 6:48pm:
Someone at Turbine is on the bottom, because they don't do anything but fuck up.

Nice pun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint