Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Quicken - broken with new metamagic pass (Read 3727 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Quicken - broken with new metamagic pass
Sep 14th, 2011 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Right.

I almost always use quickened mass heals, so I mapped it to be always on with the new metamagic pass. The problem is, it seems to randomly not cast quickened. I was told by a guildie that it was only the animation that was broken, and you can get out that by tumbling to break the animation but I am 99.9% sure I have been interrupted also, so it was really an unquickened mass heal  in those situations.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, is there any form of workaround for it, if you have seen this? It wouldn't surprise me at all to note that other spells have the same issue - it's just most obvious with the mass heal.

Even stripping all the individual settings off didn't seem to give me a consistent effect.

Thoughts? There's clearly a bug going on here, has anyone found a workaround? I need to do more testing but this is a pretty major fuckup, which doesn't exactly fill me with joy when I contemplate raid healing.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Quicken - broken with new metamagic pass
Reply #1 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Haven't found that, but I reported a different bug with metas last night. I found that if you go down to 0 SP, the spell icons don't fade in and out at the correct thresholds. Instead of fading back to full color as castable based on what meta options you have selected, they don't come back until your SP pool reaches the threshold based on the metas that are turned on (not the ones toggled with the new meta, but your regular metas).

I could still cast CSW once regen too me up to 12 SP (even though the icon didn't go back until 37SP based on 12base+25 maximize), but I didn't get a regular casting animation; my character went into a shield block and then the cure popped.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 11:26am
Print Post  
I've had the same problem (Had it in that Shroud last night).

I just decided to reset all the spells to standard for everything until they iron out the bugs, especially on a divine.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
We ran Shroud last night and I would randomly hear Tere say, "MY QUICKEN IS ON! ARGGGGGGG!" or "There goes another unquickened heal...mothersonofabugger."
« Last Edit: Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:38pm by »  

IP Logged

Scupperer
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:
We ran Shroud last night and I would randomly hear Tere say, "MY QUICKEN IS ON! ARGGGGGGG!" or "There goes another unquickened heal...mothersonofabugger."

I'm actually curious if it started working later in part 4 or part 5 or if she just slowed down in reporting the quicken failures because I remember her commenting on it more at the beginning of part 4 than later.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
I bug reported this on Lam.  Mass Heal was very funky with new Metas.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #6 - Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Scupperer wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:43pm:
I'm actually curious if it started working later in part 4 or part 5 or if she just slowed down in reporting the quicken failures because I remember her commenting on it more at the beginning of part 4 than later.

I probably went into autohealing mode and didn't have time to kvetch. It does seem worse though where there's a chance of being interrupted e.g. lots of mobs in Weapons Shipment or Schemes of the enemy, when the blades are about at the start of part 4, You do see the numbers before the animation ends, but breaking the animation is darn tricky, so you may as well not have quicken turned on (plus I'm not sure if it is preventing interruptions or not, I could have sworn I have been interrupted but can't say for definite).

Noticed it being broken for burst, too - just farming some Silver Flame favour with a friend and sometimes the timing is quite funky.

IP Logged

Stoogie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:15am
Print Post  
They broke everything. None of the metas worked right for me last night. Sometimes my bb would cast with all the metas on, sometimes with none. Slow cast time, ticks for 75 (!) damge, even tho quicken, max, emp are on.
Fucked up part is, it still cost the same amount of sp to cast.

It almost seems like it's only the animation that's broke with quicken. Cast instakills, mob would disappear about halfway through the animation.
It was annoying enough that I rage quit near the end of power play. And seriously, how many fucking shrines does that quest need? Or levers, for that matter.

And don't even get me started on the lag, it was fucking terrible last night.

Epoch wrote on Jan 4th, 2012 at 10:44am:
Beating up women isn't the same as fucking them.  Also, shame on you for doing so.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:37am
Print Post  
It is the new wild mage feature.  Sometimes you apart of it, sometimes you aren't.

On the bright side, it has no AP requirements.  Just metamagic feat requirements.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 2:11pm:
I probably went into autohealing mode and didn't have time to kvetch. It does seem worse though where there's a chance of being interrupted e.g. lots of mobs in Weapons Shipment or Schemes of the enemy, when the blades are about at the start of part 4, You do see the numbers before the animation ends, but breaking the animation is darn tricky, so you may as well not have quicken turned on (plus I'm not sure if it is preventing interruptions or not, I could have sworn I have been interrupted but can't say for definite).

Noticed it being broken for burst, too - just farming some Silver Flame favour with a friend and sometimes the timing is quite funky.

Proper use of a Yiddish word in context:  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:40am by Hordo »  

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #10 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:39am:
Proper use of a Yiddish word in context:  Smiley

Woot! Cheesy

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #11 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 10:25am
Print Post  
One workaround that I thought of seems to work.  Turn Quicken ON globally and turn Quicken OFF for all of the individual spells that you don't want quickened.

It's not a great workaround, though, because you can't turn Quicken on for all of the rest of those spells easily if the shit hits the fan.

fnord

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #12 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 10:29am
Print Post  
See, I thought I'd done that, and it hadn't affected things but maybe I'm just confused, I'm faffing around with toolbars etc to cope with the new UI anyway so I will try that. Thanks

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #13 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 1:10am
Print Post  
I worked out how to reproduce the problem each time.

Whenever you cast a spell, if it is within 1 second or very close/as soon as the global 1sec cooldown is up, it uses the Quicken setting from the previous spell, be it Always on or Always off.

For example, you can cast rage that is Quicken always OFF whilre the quicken feat is turned on. This will Work fine as an unquickened rage.

If you then cast Wail that is Quicken Always On right after as soon as the global cooldown is up, it will not be quickened (but still use the extra SP).

It also works the other way... yo ucan actually cast a spell that is Quicken Always On then cycle a heap of spells that have Quicken off and they will all be quickened. This will not use the extra 10sp either.

I am not sure if Heighten is having the same effect, I really don't have the time or can-be-fuckedness to try it.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #14 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:02am
Print Post  
I was in an eChrono last night with Crowsir and he suggested toggling Quicken on and off after each portal stops the bug. I did try it later, and it did seem to stop the unquickened mass heals but holy fuck what a pain.

I'm pretty sure I've seen suspiciously puny looking BBs as well.

I've turned everything on and turned off what I don't need for specific spells, which seems to help. A little.

Bleurgh.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:46am
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=342015

Not sure if it's legit or not, but he says it's easy to reproduce.

Quote:
Whenever you cast a spell, if it is within 1 second or very close/as soon as the global 1sec cooldown is up, it uses the Quicken setting from the previous spell, be it Always on or Always off.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:46am:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=342015

Not sure if it's legit or not, but he says it's easy to reproduce.

Khellandros = Felgor...look up.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Khellandros = Felgor...look up.

Didn't feel like reading the whole thread, but there you go.  Tongue

IP Logged