Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Archmage Gear (Read 5309 times)
Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Archmage Gear
Sep 15th, 2011 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Oakianus, currently a Human Enchanter Archmage, is finally 16th.  Which means I'll be running shrouds to start making his GS gear, and I want to know what my endgame gear will be so I don't craft any GS in a slot where I'd rather have something else.  So here's what I've got:

Armor: DT w/ Resist +5, Con +6 & Greater Potency VII
Helm: Minos
Belt: Rakhir's Sash
Boots: GS?
Cloak: Epic Cloak of Night/Epic Cloak of the Zephyr
Bracers: GS?
Neck: Torc/Epic Torc      
Gloves: GS?
Trinket: +2 Enchantment of Major Lightning Lore
Ring1: Rakhir's Ring
Ring2: Epic Ring of Elemental Essence
Weapon1: Greater Necromancy Focus of Major Ice Lore
Weapon2: Greater Conjuration Focus of Major Fire Lore

GS1: HP
GS2: SP/ConOpp
GS3: Immunities

Thoughts?  Opinions?  Perspectives?  Something massive and obvious that I'm missing, which I expect I must be?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Archmage Gear
Reply #1 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Epic ring of elemental waste is nice if you aren't a clicky addict like me.

For armor I would get the epic robe of diabloist or whatever.  +3 conjuration dc and a blue augment slot and colorless, not to mention intel +7.  Everyone has like 50 of them so you can one in a couple runs.  On argo the scrolls sometimes go for 75k.

You are missing goggles.  Which is a fine place for GS.  Boots are a hot swap item for me, as are belts.

Forget epic cloak of night, it is junk.  Just get the Epic cloak of zephyr if you do not plan on farming the new raids.

For trinket, I like litany.  It is also a hot swap for eardweller, bauble, and other goodies.

Just a few changes I would make.  I could, if you want, completely rearrange your setup.  Just give me your insight on you Archmages focus/s.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #2 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 5:32am:
Epic ring of elemental waste is nice if you aren't a clicky addict like me.

Even nicer since they broke clickies
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2011 at 8:24am by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 8:23am:
Even nicer since they broke clickies

I have heard it was just the description.  Did they go so far as to actually nerf them down to 75%?

Been playing my melee since the update, and my caster switched to acid savant so I am not accustomed to the damage it should be dishing out.

I have heard from others though, it is just a description thing.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:29am
Print Post  
People still play archmage?

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #5 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:34am
Print Post  
There's quite a bit of stuff packed into the Ornamented Pirate dagger-  it might free-up a slot. 

It's nice if GFL can come from somewhere-  maybe crafted on one of the lore slots?  If you switch to Diabolists, CON has to come from somewhere else (or get slotted in an Epic item). 

Litany is cool,  but you might be looking at running 20+ Abbotts for one, while the Greater focus of major Lore is craftable and you can get one quicker.

The Greater Spell Pen IX stick out of the new raids would be a nice feature,  but its not yet clear to me how hard it's going to be to get one.

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #6 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
My plan is to run something like this for now.  Boots, Gloves, Belt, Ring, and Bracers could all be upgraded see below.

Head: 15 Concentration/Heavy Fort Pirate Hat
Armor: Epic Docent of Diabolist (+7 int,  +3 Conjuration, Toughness)
Googles: Greensteel Concordant OP HP/Greensteel Single Shard SP(Likely Triple Pos for the Clickie)
Bracers: Bracers of the Glacier
Ring1: Rakir's Ring (+1/+2 Intel)
Boots: Striding (Looking for something cool here likely Cannith Boots for now)
Gloves:  Gloves of the Glacier
Ring2:  +6 Str TOD Ring (+1/+2 Exc Con)
Belt: Rakir's(with all the Clicky Belts for swapping)
Cloak: Epic Envenomed Cloak (GFL)
Trinket: Eardweller
Necklace:  Torc of Prince Rayium-de II
Hand:  Death's Touch +2 Necro
Hand: Epic Ornamental Dagger (To be replaced with a U11 crafted scepter)

A couple notes...

I hate triple negative items they are a total waste of a gear slot...IMO.  Buy some pots.  Slot in some epic tokens if you are that worried.

I don't really like Rakir's Sash because the set bonus is meh and I hate pissing away a gear slot on it but not much else other than maybe Cannith Crafted for that slot.

For Gloves, I have really been leaning towards replacing(or swapping) those with Epic Bramble Casters as MoB pew pew pew DPS has risen significantly and is much more of an issue for me since U11. 

For Bracers, Claw Bracers would consolidate nicely too but I have too many melee who need them to place them on my Wizard. 

I have been waiting for new caster raid items in the Boots, Gloves, Belt, and Bracers slots.  Cannith Crafted stuff may be an option here; Greater Focuses or Meta Reducers.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2011 at 10:43am by Eladiun »  

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Fucking Goggles.  I guess those definitely qualify as something obvious that I forgot, and that'd make a great GS slot.

I really need to fit in some feather fall, so I guess that means I can free up the boot slot for that and still make my GS goals. 

And damn, meta reducers!  I forgot I at least wanted to work in an empower II somewhere.  Probably move fire lore out of the set completely so I can move lightning lore to one of the weapons and put empower II on the trinket. 

Of course, right now, I am still a few crafting levels from a lot of this - I'm currently in the mid to high 60s, so all of those lores are going to have to be downgraded to Major lores.

Where do you think I ought to slot in the Resistance +5 and Con +6 if I get rid of the DT, tho?  Maybe just get rid of the Epic Cloak in general and slot the resistance and maybe Fire Resist or something on there?  Then I can find an epic slot anywhere to sneak the Con into, or replace Rakhir's Sash with like Con +6 of GFL or something.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #8 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 12:14pm:
Fucking Goggles.  I guess those definitely qualify as something obvious that I forgot, and that'd make a great GS slot.

I really need to fit in some feather fall, so I guess that means I can free up the boot slot for that and still make my GS goals. 

And damn, meta reducers!  I forgot I at least wanted to work in an empower II somewhere.  Probably move fire lore out of the set completely so I can move lightning lore to one of the weapons and put empower II on the trinket. 

Of course, right now, I am still a few crafting levels from a lot of this - I'm currently in the mid to high 60s, so all of those lores are going to have to be downgraded to Major lores.

Where do you think I ought to slot in the Resistance +5 and Con +6 if I get rid of the DT, tho?  Maybe just get rid of the Epic Cloak in general and slot the resistance and maybe Fire Resist or something on there?  Then I can find an epic slot anywhere to sneak the Con into, or replace Rakhir's Sash with like Con +6 of GFL or something. 

If you go with Epic Envenomed you get Con +7 and Resist +5 otherwise you could slot Con +6 on the Diabolist and just cast Nightshield for the Resist +4.   A Con +6 GFL is an OK choice too.

For FF get the new boots Striding 30 FF and +15 jump all in one.
« Last Edit: Sep 15th, 2011 at 6:07pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 15th, 2011 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Those boots are pretty fucking godly.  Might consider that for sure.  They'd be the first striders that I'd ever worn on anyone, mostly coz I had thought striding didn't stack with Haste. 

Most importantly, this gave me the impetus to make my triple pos HP goggles for Oak.  Cheesy  Well, double pos, but I'll have a pair of supreme shards one day, dammit.  Tongue 

The envenomed cloak is a long term goal for Akrites, actually, once he's a capped Bard again.  Might be a waste to get him full Abishai, but he's already a decent part of the way there.  Tongue  So I don't really think I want to fuck around with trying to get two of everything, especially the scrolls.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #10 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 15th, 2011 at 7:16pm:
The envenomed cloak is a long term goal for Akrites, actually, once he's a capped Bard again.  Might be a waste to get him full Abishai, but he's already a decent part of the way there.  Tongue  So I don't really think I want to fuck around with trying to get two of everything, especially the scrolls.

Chrono scroll prices are dropping like a rock.  I'm starting to see the good ones on the AH for 2 mil.  With all the farmers out there who now have all their pieces I'll wager within a few months they'll all be down to the 2-3 FRDS range.  I'm reaching the point where I have double of most of the good ones and I only need shards and seals.

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Hm.  Definitely worth checking out, then. 

I actually just sold a scroll of the cloak for 2.2M plat and an LDS, because I was sick of being plat broke, especially as I'm trying to craft my way through a first TR life.  But these things come and go, I'm sure I'll find another one.  And maybe another after that, for Oak.  Wink 

What I really need to do is hit 17th so that I can group with 20s and not have to deal with the powerleveling penalty.  DDO just isn't nearly as fun if you aren't playing with friends.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Striding doesn't stack with haste, also why do you need a permanent feather falling item? I use to want one but then I realize my movement is so much faster when I'm not wearing them that I only throw them on when I HAVE to.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint