Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Monk advice (Read 7608 times)
Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Re: Monk advice
Reply #25 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Noted.

People suck at Rogues lately don't they?

Since bosses got massive hitpoints, DR and hit really fucking hard, the Rogue DPSr hasnt been the same. I'll res you to do traps, though.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:53pm:
Since bosses got massive hitpoints, DR and hit really fucking hard, the Rogue DPSr hasnt been the same. I'll res you to do traps, though.

It's got a monk lvl.

It gets AC now right? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #27 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
It's got a monk lvl.

It gets AC now right? Roll Eyes

Unless you're able to hit high 90s by yourself, than the ac isn't really worth a damn in epics. In order to get your ac up that high, you have to sacrifice the stuff that really does matter: dps and hitpoints. It's not impossible - I know a few people who play halfling ac builds very well. But I think the ac game is best played while TRing. The end game is DPS and Hitpoints right now.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #28 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 8:27am:
Unless you're able to hit high 90s by yourself, than the ac isn't really worth a damn in epics. In order to get your ac up that high, you have to sacrifice the stuff that really does matter: dps and hitpoints. It's not impossible - I know a few people who play halfling ac builds very well. But I think the ac game is best played while TRing. The end game is DPS and Hitpoints right now.

It sucks, but you're right; 500hp is the new minimum for melee DPS, and AC is irrelevant. Dark monks can get away with a little less, because afaik there are still no bosses with ghost touch.

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #29 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:15am:
It sucks, but you're right; 500hp is the new minimum for melee DPS, and AC is irrelevant. Dark monks can get away with a little less, because afaik there are still no bosses with ghost touch.

You're misinformed. 700hp is the new minimum for melee dps. You want your tank around 1000hp.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Reply #30 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:32am:
You're misinformed. 700hp is the new minimum for melee dps. You want your tank around 1000hp.

QFT, I'm working on a imp shield mastery build the will have about 1100 or so, the DPS is pretty crappy though. It will be able to tank just about anything though after completion. Sadly completion entails about 3 more PL's

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #31 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 9:32am:

Remind me to never group with you; how bad must you be that you need everyone else in the group to be superman?

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #32 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 4:41pm:
Remind me to never group with you; how bad must you be that you need everyone else in the group to be superman?

Sounds like that would suit us both, gimp.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #33 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 6:57pm
Print Post  

Heh.  I think that 1000+ hp number is just for Lob tanking, so you don't have to swap tanks in and out, or shield block as often for the debuff to wear off.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Quis
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
I tank without 1000 hp all the time. =)

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #35 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 6:57pm:
Heh.  I think that 1000+ hp number is just for Lob tanking, so you don't have to swap tanks in and out, or shield block as often for the debuff to wear off.

It's actually pretty funny; my guild's "main tank" hits 100 ac and 1300 hp. That's fine, but he takes forever to get enough aggro for everyone else to cut loose. Yea, for LoB, as currently run, you want a big sack of meat, but that doesn't mean that your evasion dps needs 700 hp; I've tanked horoth on hard with less than that.

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 11:04pm
Print Post  

I run a 800+ DPS hate tank as my main. U Mad?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint