Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) A note to Artificers (Read 16378 times)
Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Re: A note to Artificers
Reply #25 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:16pm:
Pretty Much.

Once people learn to play them there are a number of benifits.  Off the top, Decon is going to be huge in the new stuff.

I got a feeling that much like monks, it is going to take a little tweaking from Turbine to get them to their proper niche. We shall see. Ill probably be playing a few hours next sunday.

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Feynman
Epic Poster

I regret nothing!

Reply #26 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
My artificer is 10, on Thelanis (name is Cannae if anyone wants to stop by and say hi Smiley), but I found the solutions to the OP's complaints.

I made mine a warforged.

Complete self-healing (and without taking up spell slots!), a whole category of buffs that only work on WF (defensive, mostly), and that reminds me to take care of people's weapons and armor.

Note: Monks tend to change weapons a lot, so talk to them first ("Hey! I want to enchant your weapon, so equip the one you want enchanted and what would you like on it?") or just stick with armor of speed.
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:56pm by Feynman »  

"Science makes godlike -- it is all over with priests and gods when man becomes scientific. Moral: science is the forbidden as such -- it alone is forbidden. Science is the *first* sin, the *original* sin. *This alone is morality.* ``Thou shalt not know'' -- the rest follows."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
The problem with Artificer buffs is that they're single target, short duration, and a pain to keep track of.  I don't have an Artificer yet, but I doubt I'd bother with imbuing party members weapons until I start doing Raids, unless specifically asked.  They should definitely show up in the buff bar/inspection windows of the character using the imbued items.

But really, I think they should also just be permanent until shrining, like Master's touch.  Or at least, a min/level, and extendable, so they can be expected to last between shrines.  Single-target is enough of a limitation.  They don't need short duration on top of that.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #28 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 4:36pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 4:16pm:
The problem with Artificer buffs is that they're single target, short duration, and a pain to keep track of.  I don't have an Artificer yet, but I doubt I'd bother with imbuing party members weapons until I start doing Raids, unless specifically asked.  They should definitely show up in the buff bar/inspection windows of the character using the imbued items.

But really, I think they should also just be permanent until shrining, like Master's touch.  Or at least, a min/level, and extendable, so they can be expected to last between shrines.  Single-target is enough of a limitation.  They don't need short duration on top of that.

I...I agree with Cor.

Fuck.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Feynman wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:55pm:
My artificer is 10, on Thelanis (name is Cannae if anyone wants to stop by and say hi Smiley), but I found the solutions to the OP's complaints.

I made mine a warforged.

Alas, the race is not the real problem. Nay, the root cause is the lack of brain matter in the empty cavity located between the ears of the players.

This class is custom-designed to appeal to the exact same people who play mechanic rogues and arcane archers. In other words, the typical artificer player will be bringing nothing but shame and dishonour to the class.

You don't need to be a WF to self heal your arty. Even a Drow artificer can heal himself with repair at 50% efficiency, as long as he takes Construct Essence as his artificer bonus feat at level 3.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 5:27pm:
Alas, the race is not the real problem. Nay, the root cause is the lack of brain matter in the empty cavity located between the ears of the players.

This class is custom-designed to appeal to the exact same people who play mechanic rogues and arcane archers. In other words, the typical artificer player will be bringing nothing but shame and dishonour to the class.

You don't need to be a WF to self heal your arty. Even a Drow artificer can heal himself with repair at 50% efficiency, as long as he takes Construct Essence as his artificer bonus feat at level 3.

Or they could csw/mud as per all the other non healing classes. Umd is meant to be bard-worthy for them- although of course your main stat is not cha.

One friend is saying helf is the way to go - haven't asked him about the dili but maybe he means cleric? But 13 wis for that when wis is a dump stat doesn't work. Wiz dili would make more sense with their use of scrolls I guess thinking about it further.

IP Logged

Throttur
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Sep 21st, 2011 at 1:24am
Print Post  
Half elf and rogue dillie for the win.

IP Logged

deftest
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Sep 21st, 2011 at 5:57am
Print Post  
i buff every melee in party with the 1d6 elementals as soon as i get in quest.1d6 on each thf melee(2d6 for twf) each swing for 5 minutes seems like a nice party buff but most dont do this yet not sure why.it is a  cheap and very sp efficent way to get damage. plus its just fun. i buff the summons also not sure if it works but shit thats fun too

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #33 - Sep 21st, 2011 at 6:00am
Print Post  
If an arty tries to join my runs, I will tell them, "Why would I take a second rate rogue when I don't even like first rate rogues?"

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Tydeth
Korthos Resident

Novice

Reply #34 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
I'm running an arti(human, for dmarks that I haven't yet taken), and I haven't yet taken the construct essence. I instead took that CLW Mass grenade spell so I could heal myself and others. As I mostly solo, I have tended more to just chugging the damn potion rather than 'aim at feet, throw grenade, aim back at mob, kill it.'

When in a party, I have either asked what element the others wanted, or just threw on whatever element I'm sure the mobs aren't immune to. I'm sure that will continue as I gain more such buffs, like that armor of run faster or whatever it does.

Of course, I'm at low level on mine so it's proving effective with the repeater. I still expect the r-xbow to be effective in pewpew on par with Manyshot archers later on, though that will depend on how the weapon and the runearm are used. I think one reason that artis are all about the pewpew is the long-standing tradition of AAs is to pewpew during Manyshot then TWF, but Turbine made repeaters basically just act like crossbows with permanent Manyshot. Yes, that fixed the sync bug, but now we see what that can do to runs in which tanking(or aggro control in general) is key.

Speaking of which, the main issue I see with this class is their aggro management, though siccing the dog on mobs(thus giving melees time to hit the shit and acquire hate) with a flamethrower spawned nearby before opening fire should alleviate that. That and stand in PBS range for double damage and get the mass heals aimed at the melees. And of course, the dog can take intimidate and +hate lines, and is a melee attacker, so that should really help if used right for tanking, or at the least is a method artis can use to plink away while keeping the mobs near the party. Just have to watch out for barrels on the battlefield. Damned woodmunchers.

Quote:
If an arty tries to join my runs, I will tell them, "Why would I take a second rate rogue when I don't even like first rate rogues?"

3 words: Instant Boss Beaters.

Shroud/VoD/ToD? Silver Weapons.
DQ? Cold Iron Weapons.
LoB? Adamantium Weapons.
The Xoriat stuff with Byeshk DR? You get the idea.
Artis can alternatively imbue alignment. Why hello there, Marut.

Lit2s just got a lot more lovely.

Also, Armor of Go Faster.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #35 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Anyone know if Armor of Speed works when you're wearing ToD boots?

fnord

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #36 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 1:59pm:
Anyone know if Armor of Speed works when you're wearing ToD boots?

Yes. and I think i remember seeing a dev saying that spell working with the boots was intentional.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #37 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Tydeth wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 1:54pm:
3 words: Instant Boss Beaters.

People who do not already have boss beaters should not be doing the raids.

Fact.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #38 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:02pm:

Fact.

Well-established fact even.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #39 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:34pm
Print Post  

Fact.

Well weapons that are superior to boss beaters but are not boss beaters will be able to become boss beaters. This change will benefit weaker players with nothing better than say, a litII, by quite a bit.

Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #40 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:49pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:34pm:
Well weapons that are superior to boss beaters but are not boss beaters will be able to become boss beaters. This change will benefit weaker players with nothing better than say, a litII, by quite a bit.

So... their flaming GA of righteousness can now break dr? Screw that.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #41 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:49pm:
So... their flaming GA of righteousness can now break dr? Screw that.

You have not been in enough "all idiots are Welcome" raids.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #42 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 10:59pm:
You have not been in enough "all idiots are Welcome" raids.

I pray that I never will be.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #43 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 11:41pm:

PUSSY!

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - Sep 24th, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
JC wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 11:46pm:
PUSSY!

Seeing as that is the endgame in every males life, I fail to see the insult.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #45 - Sep 24th, 2011 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Sep 23rd, 2011 at 11:41pm:

Ya, you need to hit up some of lando's late night shroud lfm's. 

They're cringetastic!!!

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #46 - Sep 24th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:39pm:
WAH WAH SOMEONE CAN'T CARRY ME THROUGH THE QUEST AND BUFF ME WAH WAH WAH go back to Orien

Oh fuck you.

Wayfinder is where the noobs are now.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #47 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:53pm:
I want to TR my HOrc Fighter into a Human Fighter (maybe with a splash of Rogue or Monk, maybe not).  I have all of the gear that I want to TR, but I'm holding off because I want to wait for people to get all (or at least most) of the Artificer out of their system.

Hopefully this thinning of the ranks will coincide with the XP-bonus week.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #48 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 12:30pm
Print Post  

Fact.

Arti would save me a lot of time and crafting essences on my +5 HBsilverGLOBs if they hit em with cold iron in DQ.

Just sayin.

IP Logged

Wizzly
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Sep 26th, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  

Fact.

Almost nobody had dr breakers when DQ first came out, or abbot, or shroud, or....
And we still completed. On elite. With lower levels.

More important fact.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint