Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) A note to Artificers (Read 16371 times)
Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

A note to Artificers
Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I spent most of the past weekend pugging my cleric on Khyber. Many of the groups had artificers between levels 11-14. Over the weekend, I recall receiving a grand total of two weapon imbues. One was because I directly asked for an imbue, and the second was in the next quest. The FvS or I rezzed that guys gimp ass at least once or twice in every quest in the Lordsmarch II chain. I used raise dead more over the weekend than I can recall in any two day stretch since I started playing the game. Most of the raises were artificers.

Yeah, pewpewpew kiting means you might end up outside of heal range. So when we're two-manning a ship in Blockade under-level on elite and I'm acting as the melee DPS and bringing the healing on my 12/2 clonk, please be advised that your red bar might not be anywhere near the top of my priority list. In fact, it will fall right off the list if you aren't dropping any buffs.

I can say this - watching artificers waste their blue bar healing and buffing their stupid explosive-barrel-breaking mutt is getting old. It adds less DPS and slows down the quest when compared to using just a few of those same SP to give the rest of the party tasty buffs like weapon imbues or armor of speed.

Half of these stupid artificers didn't have potions, or scrolls, or anything - I burned up several dozen heal scrolls on their worthless hides. FFS, I am on my first mid-level character on Khyber, have no twink gear apart from what was purchased using the plat infusion offered by Stainer's Welcome Wagon, and have ground out everything I have from quests, crafting, and AH.

Anyone playing an artificer is P2P, and someone playing a level 14 within a week of the class being released had bloody well better know the game well enough to know that playing every man for himself is suboptimal (I know this because Snootch said it, so I know it is true). If you have nothing to offer the party other than your pewpewpew awesomeness, then why are you still expecting others to heal and buff your useless character?

An artificer who doesn't drop imbues is like a bard who doesn't sing songs. /kick /reroll

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: A note to Artificers
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
The main reason to play an arti is for the UMD stuff.  If they're not bothering with that then why bother at all? Sad

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
So, tell us how you really feel Smiley

Saal Smiley

btw my arti is only 5 so wasn't me, but yeah those people suck

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:19pm:
So, tell us how you really feel Smiley

Saal Smiley

btw my arti is only 5 so wasn't me, but yeah those people suck

Ranting is therapeutic. I felt much better as soon as I hit "Post Message".

Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
WAH WAH SOMEONE CAN'T CARRY ME THROUGH THE QUEST AND BUFF ME WAH WAH WAH go back to Orien

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:39pm:
WAH WAH SOMEONE CAN'T CARRY ME THROUGH THE QUEST AND BUFF ME WAH WAH WAH go back to Orien

Please see sig, below.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 3:42pm:
Please see sig, below.

ALL I SEE IS THAT YOU ARE CRYING.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #7 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
Arti's get recon and UMD....i don't understand the problem.

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #8 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Running my FvS through lowbie stuff again.  I've seen more of the same.
They're worse than AAs because they IMMEDIATELY draw aggro.  At least with gimped archers you have a chance to grab aggro before they do.  With Artys, forgetaboutit.
I leave you to die, and laugh when you do so whining for heals when my LFM said BYOH.
I have no problems tossing heals to someone that deserves it, but when you're kiting everything you do not deserve it.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
I want to TR my HOrc Fighter into a Human Fighter (maybe with a splash of Rogue or Monk, maybe not).  I have all of the gear that I want to TR, but I'm holding off because I want to wait for people to get all (or at least most) of the Artificer out of their system.

fnord

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 5:32pm:

Thank you for confirming that the simple reason is the correct one. Carry on.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
This is the first time I've played a pew pew pewer and getting used to aggro management is interesting.

I've told one FvS who was pike healing (good player we just hadn't worked out how to play together) to go ahead and draw stuff so I could then pick stuff off or fire turret it. After a while he switched to offensive caster mode and we were very efficient.

A little concerned when a VERY good player battle cleric couldn't (or more likely wouldn't the bastard) get aggro off me. I suspect he just wanted to scare me into freaking out. Must get a shield to hide behind.

Still working out what spells I have and how they can add to the party.

My point is if people are not used to playing buffers and range chars then it's going to take a while for things to settle down.

Although Kimber your rant sounds justified to me Smiley

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 5:32pm:

All I see is that you're a moron.  Sad

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #13 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
I will pewpewpew to my hearts content and there's fuck all you can do about it.

Having said that, you're mainly at a bad level.  The crossbow damage is so frontloaded that these first time pewpewers didn't have to worry about aggro management until a level or two ago.  They probably only needed to worry about elemental weapons, insightful damage, flame turret and endless fusillade, anything else was pretty much a waste of SP.  So either they'll learn what the class is actually capable of or they'll eventually give up and decree arty's are gimped (with the latter being the sure money favorite).

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:23pm:
I will pewpewpew to my hearts content and there's fuck all you can do about it.

And every minute you do that, you'll die a little inside, as you know deep down that you'd be having more fun playing your monk instead. You're only hurting yourself.

I think I'll take a few weeks off if druid ever gets released. All of the lowbie LFMs with three or four artificers will multiplied tenfold with druids. Of course, a party of six druids probably won't really need anyone else along.

IP Logged

Zigana
Vaultgina

Reply #15 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
This is exactly why I'm avoiding the game right now.  I remember the headache when monk came out and the only groups my cleric could find were all monks.  It made me wanna cry just to do WW!  I decided to play it safe this time and let the newness wear off and the bugs to get worked out before I bother playing one myself, let alone play with others--especially the ones that are like, "Oooooh, shiny new thing, MUSTHAVEITNOW!" and know jack shit about what they're playing or even care to really learn, but rather just blunder through until the newness wears off.  I like my sanity, tyvm!

Strakeln wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 11:55am:
Zigana was in compliance with all rules.

Gawna did a good job at enforcing the rules as she understood them.

Stainer is the rules lawyer.

Hands down, Zigana is the Vault's best poster.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 22nd, 2013 at 1:27pm:
I'm not sure about best poster but I know for sure she's got the most balls of all the posters.

IP Logged

NotMyDDOName
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Kimberlite wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 12:34pm:
I can say this - watching artificers waste their blue bar healing and buffing their stupid explosive-barrel-breaking mutt is getting old.

I was with an arti who took the mutt-annoyance™ to another level.  He wasn't healing his dog but he did spend most of the quest say 'Can my dog get a heal please?'.

It got old in about 3 ms.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #17 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:26am
Print Post  
NotMyDDOName wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:23am:
I was with an arti who took the mutt-annoyance™ to another level.  He wasn't healing his dog but he did spend most of the quest say 'Can my dog get a heal please?'.

You can end that quickly by saying, "No, go die in a fire."

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #18 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:34am
Print Post  
NotMyDDOName wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:23am:

I encountered one of those on Lama and was rather "no, what the fuck, you have reconstruct and the rapair line of spells for a reason" about it.

IP Logged

Alekx
VoD Slasher

Argonnessen

Reply #19 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Kim I havent played in quite a while, what I am wondering is whether it is still too early for them to know their actual role in a group ? Or are Artificers not really bringing that much to the group at all with the buffs they give and their ranged DPS ?

~ Pure Life ~ Argonnessen ~

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:58am:
Kim I havent played in quite a while, what I am wondering is whether it is still too early for them to know their actual role in a group ? Or are Artificers not really bringing that much to the group at all with the buffs they give and their ranged DPS ?

Artificers right now are being played like the bastard child of a ranged ranger and a repeater mechanic.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #21 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
Alekx wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 11:58am:

I've only run with one artificer so far.  I duo-ed a couple house K lowbie quests with my bard and an artificer.  The quests were basically him laying down a flame turret and me watching everything evaporate on it.  Um, yay?  Not sure what role you would call it, but it wasn't very exciting.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #22 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
I agree that their roll is still being figured out.

I've run with a few in both Lordsmarch and Gianthold

So far
One that literally asked - What buff you want on your weapon? upon his entering the quest

One that put a paralizing module on his puppy, so he didn't have to kite as stuff would stand still for him.

One that put turrets up after the fight was done

I think many are trying to figure out if the can be effective Melee (always have flanking with puppy) types, Casters, or Party buffers.  Kind of the questions you go through as a new person with a Bard...

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
The more I look at Arties, the more they seem to be Bards with the CC and healing traded out for offensive spellcasting and repair.  Which sounds pretty awesome, tbh.  Tongue

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #24 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:14pm:
The more I look at Arties, the more they seem to be Bards with the CC and healing traded out for offensive spellcasting and repair.  Which sounds pretty awesome, tbh.  Tongue

Pretty Much.

Once people learn to play them there are a number of benifits.  Off the top, Decon is going to be huge in the new stuff.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint