Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic So is DDO unplayable at end game? (Read 4933 times)
Angel Barchild
Stormreaver Piker

I'm that mean ginger kid.

So is DDO unplayable at end game?
Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=342609

I think this guy is a tool, but he brings up a point, how hard of a time are you having with the melee problem? I play mostly sword swingers so it doesn't seem that bad. The first hit doesn't register, but after that it's okay. Kind of a pain but not unplayable.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Re: So is DDO unplayable at end game?
Reply #1 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
I was actually surprised at how quickly I adjusted to the new reality.  I now run past enemies, hit Stunning Blow once I'm a couple of feet past and then back up to fight them.

It does suck in general, though.

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
I played that smash the crates quest in the harbor the other day. I was sweating. I had to stop at every box and swing 5 times for a hit to register.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 8:46pm:
I was actually surprised at how quickly I adjusted to the new reality.  I now run past enemies, hit Stunning Blow once I'm a couple of feet past and then back up to fight them.

It does suck in general, though.

I like to run up, chest bump the mob then take a half step back before I start swinging. But yeah I've (unfortunately) gotten used to the fucked up hit detection.

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 1:36am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 10:52pm:
I played that smash the crates quest in the harbor the other day. I was sweating. I had to stop at every box and swing 5 times for a hit to register. 

That was probably menopause, not the hit box issues.

IP Logged

kitsune_ko
Titan Demolisher

Halfling Pali-Rogues FTW!

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 2:37am
Print Post  
It is very annoying. According to some users on the other forums, its effecting spell casters as well to some extent; the ray spells are not targeting mobs properly either when casting according to some posts I read.

I usually start my melee attack chain with a trip or sunder; and as the first few swings on melee are "practice swings" it does throw my timing off a bit. Not game-breaking, but damn annoying.

That and the unbreakable breakables... Makes getting your smashy-smashy XP bonus a pain the arse to achieve now with every breakable item taking 2-3 swings to break.

"Shiny stuff comes and goes; XP is forever."

2008-10-15: Full frontal Nerdity

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 3:05am
Print Post  
I'm glad I have summon bolts on my arti - cos each breakable takes like 3 of them. I iz gimp Sad

IP Logged

VM Vodka
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2011 at 4:52am
Print Post  
kitsune_ko wrote on Sep 20th, 2011 at 2:37am:
It is very annoying. According to some users on the other forums, its effecting spell casters as well to some extent; the ray spells are not targeting mobs properly either when casting according to some posts I read.

Just started my first arcane after U11. Thought I just sucked at targetting, but now I have something to put the blame on. Other than my lack of experience. And lag. And healers, despite playing a palemaster. It's all U11's fault if I do something wrong on my first caster, obviously.  Smiley

Definitely have noticed a lot of rays missing what should've been straight shots though, claiming I'm not 'facing the right direction'.

Mostly adjusted on my melees, though I do still find myself wasting a smite or two.
« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2011 at 4:53am by VM Vodka »  

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #8 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Trying to organise a LoB or MA is making me go crazy. I have to pug and people still don't fucking listen.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 2:06am:
Trying to organise a LoB or MA is making me go crazy. I have to pug and people still don't fucking listen.

Stay out of the green stuff.

WHY ARE YOU STANDING IN THE FUCKING GREEN STUFF

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #10 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Even on argo random pugs are beating the raids on normal... WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR SERVER?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Emili
Shroud Slacker

Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 2:06am:

I pug every raid all the time. If not for Prophets, Revenants and your guild I'd never get anything done.

|IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 | IMaj7 vim7 | iim7 V13 |III7+  VI9 | iim9  V13 |IMaj7   |vm7 I9 |IV6   |ivm7 bVII9 |IMaj7 vim7 |iim7 V13 |I6  ivm7  bVII9 |I69   |

Bonheur dans la vie, c'est d'aimer et d'etre aimé et quand s'en va, l'espoir fuit.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Thread got eaten.

Only pugs I've seen up for LOB when I've been available lately have had toons with names I don't recognize.  So far, two near completions of it last week.  Haven't even tried this week...  Been busy with my TR's.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Madcow430 wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 12:45pm:
Thread got eaten.

Only pugs I've seen up for LOB when I've been available lately have had toons with names I don't recognize.  So far, two near completions of it last week.  Haven't even tried this week...  Been busy with my TR's.

It's getting much easier.  As the strategy starts to trickle out and people learn it, it'll be puggable in no time.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 12:47pm:
It's getting much easier.  As the strategy starts to trickle out and people learn it, it'll be puggable in no time.

Good to know.  I'll keep my eyes open then.  I'd like to start running this one, and add it to the rotation for farming.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #15 - Sep 22nd, 2011 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Tried my first one on my ranger, no way I'm taking a divine into a pure PUG. Awesomesauce. The leader had never been in and had no real idea what to expect. One of our guildies was basically forced to take over. Not superfantastic divine healing, and that bugger HURTS if you aren't on the ball. Gave up and ranged in the end. Need some time to understand tells better.

I think it will be like TOD in the PUG circuit - many of the "PUGs" you see up aren't really, and many folk only join known names. I know I don't TOD with unknowns on my divines, although I'll risk trying a new clique on the melee.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #16 - Sep 23rd, 2011 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Sep 22nd, 2011 at 8:43pm:
I think it will be like TOD in the PUG circuit - many of the "PUGs" you see up aren't really, and many folk only join known names. I know I don't TOD with unknowns on my divines, although I'll risk trying a new clique on the melee.

This matches my experience.  I'll occasionally take my FvS into a ToD if I know and trust the players in it or if there are guild names that I know and trust (rare since those guys don't tend to PUG their ToDs all that often - or at least not during hours when I'm playing).  But I'll whore out my Fighter to any shitty PUG ToD that I happen to see if I'm off timer.

fnord

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint