Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Slotting a BTA Cove Item? (Read 1452 times)
Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Slotting a BTA Cove Item?
Sep 29th, 2011 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
From what I've seen on the forums from the dev's slotting an epic cove item produces an item that's still BTA.  As this may not stay this way much longer and given that I've finally run enough epics to slot one I'm wondering which item would make the most sense to slot as a multipurpose one to pass around to my 20's.

I've got 3 toons that I play on a regular basis.  One is a melee-based toon on his 3rd life right now as a human bard similar to Axesinger build.  He'll have 1 more life as an human dm'd artificer for crafting purposes.

Next toon is a 1st life Warforged Bard that I'll probably make into a WF'd Melee/Healing FvS tomorrow.

Last one is my 'main' right now, a 2nd life Elven 18/2 Pale Master that'll probably be going Human PM next life.  That'll either be followed by another PM life or a run through the various other casting classes for more past lives.

I typically only keep 1 or 2 of them at 20 at any given time so basically I'm looking to get the best all-purpose item + slot for a variety of lives.

I've thought about slotting the Epic Spyglass with Toughness.  I don't always need Heavy Fort on all the toons (the Pale Master lives) so Minos isn't needed for the Fort but that leaves me without a Toughness.  Also thought about slotting Luck +2 there just to remove the need to where the Buccaneer's Ring.  Also considered str +1 on the Brawling Gloves but then the toons that actually have str+1 on ToD rings are doubling up.

So basically curious - if you could only slot one of the items from the event for a variety of TR purposes which would it be and what would you slot?

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Re: Slotting a BTA Cove Item?
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Since I had to virtually stop playing for about 9 months, the first cove I made epic gloves for both my monks.  One set I completed and slotted with a +1 str making them +8 str and this gave me what I needed as I had a holy burst and shoking burst ring for her and it put her at 34 str.  The other pair only got finished to tier 2 of epic so only had +7(no slot) but now I can get the slot available and get her a +8, giving me extra AP I can use on something else than +1 str, but really it's up to you what you want to slot in there Smiley

Saal Smiley

edit: I have made epic spyglasses for all my umd characters, +3 stacking umd is great...my light monk can get a 38 umd with this on, so heal scrolls on a 3 or better Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2011 at 10:18am by Saaluta »  

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
I had limited time in the Cove this past March, so I ended up making a Tier3 Cavalry Plate for my Fighter and I put Toughness in the slot.  I'm very glad that I was able to do so since I haven't seen any other armor that I like better for him.

I also made a Tier2 Ornamental Dagger for my Wizard and that was plenty for me since none of my level 7 spells are DPS type spells.

The trinkets are also very nice at tier 1, 2 or 3 since they have a nice low ML and are all situationally useful all the way up to level 20.

fnord

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 4:07am
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 10:16am:
edit: I have made epic spyglasses for all my umd characters, +3 stacking umd is great...my light monk can get a 38 umd with this on, so heal scrolls on a 3 or better Smiley

2 or better.  So only a 5% failure.  One more point and it is autosuccess.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 6:03pm
Print Post  
bah, my math sucks sometimes Cheesy

Saal Smiley

They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #5 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Sep 30th, 2011 at 10:16am:

I'm not sure if you know this but the good bunny hat stacks with the spyglass umd to give you +6

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #6 - Oct 1st, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Oct 1st, 2011 at 6:03pm:
bah, my math sucks sometimes Cheesy

Saal Smiley

Don't worry..  You're just being misled by the in-game descriptions, which are still wrong after all this time.

For example.. Looking at one of my characters in game right now, they have a 37 umd.  And the chance to use a heal scroll shows 85%, which is..  You guessed it, WRONG.

Sigh...

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 2:39am
Print Post  
It is because turbine doesn't know how to implement the fact that the lowest you can roll is a 1.  You also have to roll for the skill.  Congrats turbine, you are amazeballs.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Oct 1st, 2011 at 6:37pm:
I'm not sure if you know this but the good bunny hat stacks with the spyglass umd to give you +6

I do, that's why when bunny hats were 5 tp, I bought like 8 of them for all my umd toons.  Plus, the jump bonus is nice too Smiley

Saal Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint