Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question for those in the know (Read 4996 times)
Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Question for those in the know
Oct 2nd, 2011 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
I was trying to follow this thread, but numbers hurt my pretty head Smiley  I noticed he talks about 3 piece abishai set in his calculations and was interested to know is it any 3 pieces or 3 specific pieces that I will have to rethink my gear slots on Tabora for...?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

If anyone can help me out, would appreciate it,and if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it please Smiley

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Question for those in the know
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Any three pieces for the set bonus. Though you might want to actually get accurate numbers before you base any build choices around it. So far there has been no definitive proof that DP doesn't cap at 20. Just people saying "yeah my cleric casts level 22 dps lolololol itz so kewl LOLOLOLOL"

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Next question:

Does epic make them better for the set bonus or can I just solo elite 3 times and use the basic gear?

Saal Smiley

Sorry, had to take almost a year off, so not up on the current must have gear for this season... Smiley

When I first got back in game, I used a lesser heart on her to respec for the free searing light, so 2 searing lights back to back with dp x3 going is some fairly good numbers, but I want to be all that I can on her Smiley

Have a torc for the gr sp pen, and sup brill V clicky for 3 minutes of OMFG look at those pretty purple numbers, but I want  Smiley

They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #3 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
it's pretty easy to find in the wiki

http://ddowiki.com/page/Unique_item_sets

but here you go

non epic

3 Item Set Bonus: Profane Natural Armor Bonus +1, Profane Strength +1, Evocation Caster Level Bonus +1
    5 Item Set Bonus: Profane Natural Armor Bonus +1, Profane Strength +1, Profane Constitution +1, Evocation Caster Level Bonus +1, Conjuration DC +1 (none of this stacks except the caster level bonus)

Epic

3 Item Set Bonus: Profane Natural Armor Bonus +3, Profane Strength +3, Evocation Caster Level Bonus +3
    5 Item Set Bonus: Profane Natural Armor Bonus +3, Profane Strength +3, Profane Constitution +3, Evocation Caster Level Bonus +3, Conjuration DC Bonus +3 (none of this stacks except the caster level bonus)

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Thank you Smiley So epic would be better then Smiley

Saal Smiley

IP Logged

Soul
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 2:47pm:
Thank you Smiley So epic would be better then Smiley

Saal Smiley

umm yeah. don't wear the abishai at level 20.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 3:37pm:

ok, confuzzled now, why is everyone paying to get epic charged gauntlets/hat/and cloak from the set... Sad

Saal Smiley

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #7 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
don't wear the level 5 abishai at 20.

epic abishai set is acceptable.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Oct 2nd, 2011 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
hehe, ok that clears it up.  Thanks again Smiley

Saal Smiley

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #9 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Soul wrote on Oct 2nd, 2011 at 3:37pm:

Sadly, I see quite a few toons wearing the non-epic abashai items or the non-epic claw items at cap.  (No, not on my own character screen).

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #10 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 9:23am:
Sadly, I see quite a few toons wearing the non-epic abashai items or the non-epic claw items at cap.  (No, not on my own character screen). 

I actually don't mind things like that (I had the Korthos goggles until I finally got my Tharnes on a couple of characters) as long as people are actively trying to acquire something better.

There are absolutely better things to wear than the non-epic abashai set, but leveling happens so fast in DDO that it can take time for the gear to catch up on a first life character.

fnord

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #11 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:23am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:08am:
There are absolutely better things to wear than the non-epic abashai set, but leveling happens so fast in DDO that it can take time for the gear to catch up on a first life character.

Yes... very much yes.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:32am
Print Post  

I've worn non-epic gauntlets on  a few capped melees till I got what the shards and seals for what I wanted.  There isn't a whole lot better out there for gloves on melees which is pretty sad.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #13 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:42am
Print Post  

My latest first life sorc still has part of the level 5 abashi set on. Not even 3 pieces to boost his evocation spells  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 11:29am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:42am:
My latest first life sorc still has part of the level 5 abashi set on. Not even 3 pieces to boost his evocation spells  Grin  Grin

Honestly on a first-life sorc it's possible to fit in a 3-piece.  Bracers, gloves, and boots really aren't big spots until you get raid loot.  If you manage to get +6 cha, +6 con, GFL, and wear Minos you're pretty much set.  Since I have a decent crafting toon I made some +2 save bracers (one for conj, one for transmuting) and I loathe not having a featherfall item on so I use that instead of the boots from the set but I don't mind first-life sorc's wearing those.  Again, if you've got the survivability covered then the next thing you want is more damage and the 3-piece set provides a tiny bit there.  The problem isn't that the toons are gimp...it's that the itemization choices are so sparce.  Basically until you grind out greensteel or get some raid items some level 5 items are some of the best out there. Sad

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #15 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 11:29am:
Honestly on a first-life sorc it's possible to fit in a 3-piece.  Bracers, gloves, and boots really aren't big spots until you get raid loot.  If you manage to get +6 cha, +6 con, GFL, and wear Minos you're pretty much set.  Since I have a decent crafting toon I made some +2 save bracers (one for conj, one for transmuting) and I loathe not having a featherfall item on so I use that instead of the boots from the set but I don't mind first-life sorc's wearing those.  Again, if you've got the survivability covered then the next thing you want is more damage and the 3-piece set provides a tiny bit there.  The problem isn't that the toons are gimp...it's that the itemization choices are so sparce.  Basically until you grind out greensteel or get some raid items some level 5 items are some of the best out there. Sad

I could fit it in, I just don't care Tongue  I could have 0 gear and still be awesome. WF cold savant sorcs are pretty much indestructible.  Cheesy This guy was really just brought up to have another character to farm epic seals and scrolls in ATDQ with.

Still looking for a greenblade and a torc, but gear isn't a huge concern of mine as he isn't a primary toon I play.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 12:13pm:
I could fit it in, I just don't care Tongue  I could have 0 gear and still be awesome. WF cold savant sorcs are pretty much indestructible.  Cheesy This guy was really just brought up to have another character to farm epic seals and scrolls in ATDQ with.

Still looking for a greenblade and a torc, but gear isn't a huge concern of mine as he isn't a primary toon I play.

Yeah, as long as you have hp's, damage clickies and a major lore item you're pretty much set on a sorc.  Even on a human leveling up is crazy easy right now.

IP Logged

Enoach
Korthos Resident

Paladins, Wizards and
Clerics Oh my!

Reply #17 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 10:32am:
I've worn non-epic gauntlets on  a few capped melees till I got what the shards and seals for what I wanted.  There isn't a whole lot better out there for gloves on melees which is pretty sad.

Kind of agree here - gloves have become more a hot swap for Titan clickie / spectral / charged gauntlets.

Until I epic the gauntlets themselves or get everything for the Claw gauntlets there really isn't anything else that would be much better for melee.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #18 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
*poke* talk to me about builds in the build section, boy!

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #19 - Oct 5th, 2011 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 6:49pm:
*poke* talk to me about builds in the build section, boy!

Who you callin' boy, son?

fnord

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint