Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Some weirdness with upgrading EROB (Read 779 times)
Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Some weirdness with upgrading EROB
Oct 3rd, 2011 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
I've deleted all my tier 1 Epic Rings of the Buccanneer and remade them, just in case, because wasting that amount of dragonshards would be annoying:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344903

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Re: Some weirdness with upgrading EROB
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure I understand you correctly.

My read of the thread left me with the impression that some people did not know that the original version of the Epic Ring of the Buccaneer was flagged to be corrected in the Stone of Change.

The new version of the ring isn't supposed to have the +5 protection on it.  This was given in response to an uprising in the forums over the original version.  A version which showed the +5 mistakenly and had a double dex buff that was redundant along with other visual errors.  Can't recall exactly where I read it, but it was dev noted at that time that the existing versions would retain the +5 protection, but future versions would not.

That said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to buy back and upgrade those rings you threw out.  My understanding is that they have a flag which allows them to gain the +5 protection property.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
okie, it's a mess.

What happened as far as I know is that people wondered why the Epic version of the ring didn't have the +5 Prot the other versions had during the anniversary event. Dev and Mods stated that it was WAI.

After the Cove event closed, in Update 10 IIRC, a tiny chapter was put in the release notes saying that rings could be fixed in the stone of change, thus removing the +6/+7 mess in Dex and adding the +5 Prot to them.

On a ring from last event the +5 Prot is the last ability listed ( at the bottom ) on a new ring it's the first one ( at the top ).

Now the picture in the thread is weird in that it shows a broken ring... no +6 redundant or no +5 Prot.
Probably one rare instance of a broken ring.

To be on the safe side the best is to update the old rings through the stone of change first to get the prot and the upgrade them through the cove barrel.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2011 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
OK, well I upgraded a new ring to Tier III, and that appears to have the Protection +5 on it, and it appeared to work fine. Interestingly I couldn't buy back the ones I'd trashed from the buyback box. My running partner upgraded an old ring to Tier III, and that also seemed to be fine. I think he had crunched his ring in the Stone of Change previously, but am not sure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint