Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Where would you slot GS 45HP on a Rogue? (Read 37441 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Where would you slot GS 45HP on a Rogue?
Reply #125 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 8:52am
Print Post  
I was gonna say, you are a day late and a dollar short.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #126 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:30am:
I also like to jump to the extreme to go rogue lover fishing - i caught me a big one!

Enjoy your day of derp.   Wink

Inkdrop, level 20 rogue
« Last Edit: Nov 8th, 2011 at 9:46am by Inkblack »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #127 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Nov 8th, 2011 at 9:42am:
Enjoy your day of derp.   Wink

Inkdrop, level 20 rogue

Mod power abuser.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #128 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Cheesy

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #129 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 10:08am
Print Post  
Considering how the whole herp derp came to be ink, the ones that should get it is you.  You sir, have been dispelled.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #130 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 10:45am
Print Post  
I have been trolled.  You have been derped.

I'm not sure who won on this exchange.  We shall meet again!  /shakesfist

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #131 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:02am
Print Post  
I will be waiting.

« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:06am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Reply #132 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Well, well, well, I come back from a break and the flame hit the big one here. 

What makes a rogue useful?  Epoch is scared that their kill counts will make him look like a pussy, that's what.

Epoch, Roll a decent rogue, put a radiance weapon in your hand, and you will sing a different tune.  Rogues would fit your play-style just fine as long as you quit being afraid of them.  Splashing 2 rogue on a fighter or any other class does not mean you have played rogues, it means you wanted evasion and trap skills on some other toon.  I put 2 monk on my cleric for evasion and ocean stance, does that mean I know monks?  Not at all.  It doesn't mean that I exclude them from my party.  Are there many crappy monks who don't know how to play the class and make my cleric's life a living hell?  Yes!  Are there many crappy rogues who disable traps and send a little pew pew in the melee because they are too scared to get their 145 HP feet wet?  Yes. 

Epoch, I am serious, if you ever feel the need to roll a rogue for whatever reason (probably not, but I can offer), I can write a build for one that does what you want it to do.  In my opinion, rogues are the toughest class to play.  But once you know how to play them and gear them properly, they are walking DPS.

Take any weapon, put it in their hand, and it is vorpal.  That is eSoS on down.  Not to mention the 17d6 of damage on top of it.

You can slam any class for being useless as long as the player behind them is an idiot.  Hell, a guy in my guild somehow managed to have 3 TR's, one of them a third lifer, and still be completely useless on any of them. 

Hell Epoch, I wish you were on Cannith so I could show you how useful a rogue can be next to you, and keep up the with you.  We would tear some shit up.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #133 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 5:27am
Print Post  
Nerdychaz wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:21pm:
Well, well, well, I come back from a break and the flame hit the big one here. 

What makes a rogue useful?  Epoch is scared that their kill counts will make him look like a pussy, that's what.

Epoch, Roll a decent rogue, put a radiance weapon in your hand, and you will sing a different tune.  Rogues would fit your play-style just fine as long as you quit being afraid of them.  Splashing 2 rogue on a fighter or any other class does not mean you have played rogues, it means you wanted evasion and trap skills on some other toon.  I put 2 monk on my cleric for evasion and ocean stance, does that mean I know monks?  Not at all.  It doesn't mean that I exclude them from my party.  Are there many crappy monks who don't know how to play the class and make my cleric's life a living hell?  Yes!  Are there many crappy rogues who disable traps and send a little pew pew in the melee because they are too scared to get their 145 HP feet wet?  Yes. 

Epoch, I am serious, if you ever feel the need to roll a rogue for whatever reason (probably not, but I can offer), I can write a build for one that does what you want it to do.  In my opinion, rogues are the toughest class to play.  But once you know how to play them and gear them properly, they are walking DPS.

Take any weapon, put it in their hand, and it is vorpal.  That is eSoS on down.  Not to mention the 17d6 of damage on top of it.

You can slam any class for being useless as long as the player behind them is an idiot.  Hell, a guy in my guild somehow managed to have 3 TR's, one of them a third lifer, and still be completely useless on any of them. 

Hell Epoch, I wish you were on Cannith so I could show you how useful a rogue can be next to you, and keep up the with you.  We would tear some shit up. 

Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:59am:
Let me be more clear.

You could of said  - Rogues get a 75% enhancement with scrolls and wands increasing their utility to actual raid saving levels instead of a microscopic bit of usefulness.

You could of said how they can keep most bosses hamstrung. 

You could of gone with their ability to be a perfect kiter in a pug as they are fully self sufficient when things go bad - and we all know that all a rogue needs to do to get aggro is remove their threat reduction - maybe throw some threat gain on if you are slacking in some other gear choices.

You could of gone with one of those, or even several other things.

YOU CHOSE TRAPS.

This discussion isn't even worth my time anymore.  You disappoint me sir.

I pointed out rogues capabilities earlier.  You are a day late and a dollar short.  Any rogue that goes THF is retarded, so you may wanna strike that ESOS comment.  I have already lost faith in your rogue. 

I would never go to a backwater server like Cannith.  It sounds like it is filled with rogues.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #134 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Also, lay off the kill counts.  Only noobs and shade cares about them.  If you could point out where I said anything about kill counts, feel free.  The only mob that matters is the boss, trash is trash.  Clean it up, move on.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #135 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 5:29am:
Also, lay off the kill counts.  Only noobs and shade cares about them.  If you could point out where I said anything about kill counts, feel free.  The only mob that matters is the boss, trash is trash.  Clean it up, move on.

What kind of loser stops to clean up the trash. Just keep running, and you'll run into some nice blue spinning disposal bins that the cleric was nice enough to set down just for you! Wink

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #136 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Siver wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 1:17pm:
What kind of loser stops to clean up the trash. Just keep running, and you'll run into some nice blue spinning disposal bins that the cleric was nice enough to set down just for you! Wink

Why is the Cleric not right there zerging with me?
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:47am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #137 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:52am:
Who waits for clerics? 

No.

Yes.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #138 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 10:43am:
No.

Yes.

True.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #139 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 5:29am:

Actually, kill counts are important.  While they are not an indicator of contribution, player skill, gear, build, quest/class pairing, or anything else related to the game, there is a direct positive relationship to penis size.  Fact.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #140 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:07pm:
Actually, kill counts are important.  While they are not an indicator of contribution, player skill, gear, build, quest/class pairing, or anything else related to the game, there is a direct positive relationship to penis size.  Fact.

So, the higher the kill count the more one needs to compensate for penis size?  Got it.  I feel sorry for folks who are so poorly endowed they focus on kill count.
Smiley

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 7:45pm
Print Post  

Because you are the rogue and thus stuck dealing with the traps so the barbarian doesn't have to get his precious feet dirty by stepping in the nasty trap! Wink

Of course, if you're doing it right, everybody is zerging along together, from the cleric to the rogue, and so everything gets chopped to bits by the occasional blade barriers and wails left behind when someone feels like dropping the dungeon alert.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #142 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Hordo wrote on Nov 11th, 2011 at 3:16pm:
So, the higher the kill count the more one needs to compensate for penis size?  Got it.  I feel sorry for folks who are so poorly endowed they focus on kill count.
Smiley

Direct POSITIVE relationship.  And no, death count has no correlation.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #143 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Inkblack wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 2:11pm:
Direct POSITIVE relationship.  And no, death count has no correlation.

So why does everyone always say deaths per second is an important stat to keep up then?

Just ended up shoving it on a cloak myself. Might even end up finishing it to tier 3 one of these days, but after breaking 500 I got kinda lazy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint