Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Where would you slot GS 45HP on a Rogue? (Read 37723 times)
Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Re: Where would you slot GS 45HP on a Rogue?
Reply #25 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
The first thing, like any class, is the player needs to be good at playing their class.  There are precious few good rogues out there and I get pissed as hell when I play with crappy rogues.  That means anything other than pure class assassins in my book.  Anything else should just be a splash of 2 levels.

/rant on

So, a class which is considered the top situational DPS in the game, dishes out 17d6 SA damage on top of all their other damage with any weapon becoming vorpal in their hands who has a directional instant death attack that can reach over 42 DC (fort) on 2-3 targets every 6 seconds, reliably heals and buffs the party, can reliably toss the cleric a rez, all enemy fortification Vs. them is reduced by 10%, can drop a construct's fort by 30% (LOB anyone?) for a total of 40%, add in the use of improved sunder and you got a whole ton of hurt, debuffs the enemy by sapping strength and using poisons which also double as seeker +20 clickies (no extra damage though) and still manages to remove the traps in your way so that you pussies don't get your robe singed.  Yeah, rogues are fucking useless.

/rant off

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #26 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 5:09am:
I would prefer for you to enlighten me as to what makes them useful. 

Besides making the decision easier on who goes into asteroids during abbot, I cannot think of a single thing rogues are good for.

They're awesome when leveling.  They stay behind and get extra XP for the party by disabling traps while the rest of the rest of the party runs ahead and finishes the quest.

fnord

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #27 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Nerdychaz wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 10:42pm:
can drop a construct's fort by 30% (LOB anyone?)

I was very sad to learn that wrack construct doesn't work on purples.

fnord

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Nerdychaz has rogue rage.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #29 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 1:27am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 3:13am:
I would reroll into a useful class.

I have a bunch of those.   Roll Eyes

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Darkshire
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Oct 29th, 2011 at 12:16am:
Nerdychaz has rogue rage.

I hate you for saying this first.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #31 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 5:11am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:48pm:
They're awesome when leveling.  They stay behind and get extra XP for the party by disabling traps while the rest of the rest of the party runs ahead and finishes the quest.

This could be true, if I didn't finish the quest first.  I generally have one rule when I am xp farming (I make an exception for a couple quests), I am going straight to finish so if you want bonuses get them before I complete.

If I join someone someones lfm... I might play by their rules, unless it is taking to long.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Coldflame
Korthos Resident

Reply #32 - Oct 31st, 2011 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I think this is an annoying trend with all the new gear coming out. I've spent way too many larges in the last year moving my 45HP GS item around due to new sets or items. I have about half a page of GS items in my bank hoping some day Turbine will add GS decon.

In a melee type 45HP is useful, but can be given up if the gear replacing it is more powerful. However, for a rogue/bard carster types with d4, 45HP is very, very important.
« Last Edit: Oct 31st, 2011 at 2:21pm by Coldflame »  

IP Logged

Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Reply #33 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:07am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:48pm:

You sir, play with some pretty shitty rogues.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #34 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 3:49am
Print Post  
Nerdychaz wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:07am:
You sir, play with some pretty shitty rogues.

No, he plays with rogues that know their place.  There is a difference.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Trapmonkey rogues are like nannybot clerics.  It's nice to have one role handled well, but it's a sign of a lazy player who's still kind of shitty at playing their class and hasn't unlocked its full potential by a mile.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #36 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 4:23am:
Trapmonkey rogues are like nannybot clerics.  It's nice to have one role handled well, but it's a sign of a lazy player who's still kind of shitty at playing their class and hasn't unlocked its full potential by a mile. 

Rogues don't have potential.  They make kickass xp getters though.  Breakables? Check.  Traps if there is time? Check.  Secret doors if I accidentally miss one? Check.

Past that, my piss is more useful.  I will make an exception for Brenna though - screw any other rogue.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 5:28am:
Rogues don't have potential.  They make kickass xp getters though.  Breakables? Check.  Traps if there is time? Check.  Secret doors if I accidentally miss one? Check.

Past that, my piss is more useful.  I will make an exception for Brenna though - screw any other rogue.

Just because you aren't a good enough player to roll a top-tier rogue doesn't make them inherently bad.  It just makes you inherently bad.  Sad

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #38 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 7:39am:
Just because you aren't a good enough player to roll a top-tier rogue doesn't make them inherently bad.  It just makes you inherently bad.  Sad 

No amount of skill or player design will make a rogue good.  They will always be shitty.  Once you realize this, you may transcend humanity.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Tobril
Honourary Australian

Hi Welcome

Reply #39 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Doesn't mater where you put it.  A few months from now things will change and you'll have to move it to accommodate new gear.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:29am:
No amount of skill or player design will make a rogue good.  They will always be shitty.  Once you realize this, you may transcend humanity.

It's okay, lil' buddy.  One day you'll be good enough to roll a rogue properly.  Maybe.  Probably not.  Sad

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #41 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:29am:

LOL Dev, you crack me up on these boards. Every post is over the top and out spoken, its almost like there a slight language barrier the way you say things, the way non native speakers say offensive things because of a mistranslation. I was in the same guild as you for about 6 months or so (Ransacked) I barely remember you even speaking in party or in chat, never mind ever witnessing you owning up material the way you claim to. Dont get me wrong you pulled your weight in everything you did but by the way you post you could make Shade look like he was blushing with modesty in comparison.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #42 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 1:15pm:
It's okay, lil' buddy.  One day you'll be good enough to roll a rogue properly.  Maybe.  Probably not.  Sad 

I AHVE ROLLED GREAT ROGUES, THEY JUST WERE 18 RANGER, 1 MONK 1 ROGUE AND 18 FIGHTER 2 ROGUES BACK IN THE DAYS.  ROGUES SUCK.

As do my mental faculties apparently.  Sorry, last post was the rage at the spammer.  Forgot my capslock and I hate retyping.
« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:07pm by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #43 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 4:52pm:
LOL Dev, you crack me up on these boards. Every post is over the top and out spoken, its almost like there a slight language barrier the way you say things, the way non native speakers say offensive things because of a mistranslation. I was in the same guild as you for about 6 months or so (Ransacked) I barely remember you even speaking in party or in chat, never mind ever witnessing you owning up material the way you claim to. Dont get me wrong you pulled your weight in everything you did but by the way you post you could make Shade look like he was blushing with modesty in comparison.

I didn't speak much in ransacked.  I would just say, running this- so many spots, forming now (or in x amount of mins).  Back then I was more about the doing then the talking.  I didn't say much to anyone for years of me playing this game.  I just did my thing.  AoK made me more chatty, blame them.  Cheesy  Erm, so did Ancients - you can blame them as well.

I have made no secret to hide my arrogance.  On the bright side, I don't rely on other peoples buff packages  Wink

One more thing:

« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2011 at 1:04am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #44 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Owning up material the way I claim to? I am not sure what you mean by that.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 11:06pm:
I AHVE ROLLED GREAT ROGUES, THEY JUST WERE 18 RANGER, 1 MONK 1 ROGUE AND 18 FIGHTER 2 ROGUES BACK IN THE DAYS.  ROGUES SUCK.

As do my mental faculties apparently.  Sorry, last post was the rage at the spammer.  Forgot my capslock and I hate retyping.

Oh, so you're not even capable of bringing one up to cap, let alone making a good one? 

Wow.  I can see why you're so insecure about the whole rogue thing, then.  Sad

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #46 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Meh. I love playing rogues, but Epoch has said enough about his playstyle on here that I can imagine him totally hating them. They don't fit his playstyle at all. I despise barbarians and fighters for similar reasons. Maybe I've just learned to filter Epoch's yelling. I'm still secure with myself and my rogues Tongue

she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:22pm:
Meh. I love playing rogues, but Epoch has said enough about his playstyle on here that I can imagine him totally hating them. They don't fit his playstyle at all. I despise barbarians and fighters for similar reasons. Maybe I've just learned to filter Epoch's yelling. I'm still secure with myself and my rogues Tongue

Oh, totally.  Not everyone's a good enough player to be able to adapt their playstyle to a new class.  Nothing wrong with that.  Tongue

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:53pm:
Oh, totally.  Not everyone's a good enough player to be able to adapt their playstyle to a new class.  Nothing wrong with that.  Tongue

I don't think he's necessarily a bad rogue; I think he just absolutely hates it, because the way he plays can be accomplished in better ways with different classes. That's how I read it, anyway.

And shit, I'm sure as hell not good enough to adapt well to new classes. You've seen me play casters. Sad

she's Kmack's property

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:58pm:
I don't think he's necessarily a bad rogue; I think he just absolutely hates it, because the way he plays can be accomplished in better ways with different classes. That's how I read it, anyway.

And shit, I'm sure as hell not good enough to adapt well to new classes. You've seen me play casters. Sad

hahaha!  True enough, though Cliodna's getting better all the time.  Hell, you barely died at all the last time you brought her out.  Cheesy 

Then again, you don't try to represent yourself as some DDO badass and you don't claim that your failure is because Wizards are a worthless class, so it's not nearly as funny when you are apparently awful at certain aspects of the game.  Tongue
« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:02pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint