Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Where would you slot GS 45HP on a Rogue? (Read 37463 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Where would you slot GS 45HP on a Rogue?
Reply #50 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 2:58pm:
I don't think he's necessarily a bad rogue; I think he just absolutely hates it, because the way he plays can be accomplished in better ways with different classes. That's how I read it, anyway.

That.

Rogues are not very effective for my style, and why would I change my style? It is my view of fun.  I don't ask flower sniffers to change their play, I just don't want them to join my groups.

If my continued degradation of rogues is hard for you though oak, I hereby swear that when I am not logged into ddovault I will not post about how much I despise rogues on the ddovault.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Bandyman1
Waterworks Kobold

Arkat is a fucking douche!

Reply #51 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 12:29am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:13pm:
That.

Rogues are not very effective for my style, and why would I change my style? It is my view of fun.  I don't ask flower sniffers to change their play, I just don't want them to join my groups.

If my continued degradation of rogues is hard for you though oak, I hereby swear that when I am not logged into ddovault I will not post about how much I despise rogues on the ddovault.

Just not getting you Devo.

Since when do properly built rogues flower-sniff???

I don't ever seem to recall doing so, nor ever having you decline me.

*confused*
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2011 at 12:29am by Bandyman1 »  

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 9:13pm:
That.

So it's not that rogues are shitty, it's that you don't enjoy playing them.  Which is fair enough, but considerably different from what you were saying.  So basically, thank you for admitting that I'm right, and feel free to taste my ballsack at your earliest convenience.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #53 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:30am
Print Post  
Bandyman1 wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 12:29am:
Just not getting you Devo.

Since when do properly built rogues flower-sniff???

I don't ever seem to recall doing so, nor ever having you decline me.

*confused*

In red is something I know of from only a few people.  You being one of them of course, how could anyone deny bandy though? Doing so would probably cause california to sink into the ocean.

I also like to jump to the extreme to go rogue lover fishing - i caught me a big one!

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #54 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:36am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 2nd, 2011 at 3:02pm:
Then again, you don't try to represent yourself as some DDO badass and you don't claim that your failure

I just noticed this.  I don't recall saying anything about my failure at anything in DDO.  You are making things up now.  How about this, you point out one thing rogues can do better then any other class (besides sneak attacking obv) and I will take back my statement of rogues sucking.

As for a DDO badass? I am just an asshole, I have been known as the asshole of argo from time to time within certain groups.  I represent, and proudly.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:36am:
I just noticed this.  I don't recall saying anything about my failure at anything in DDO.  You are making things up now.  How about this, you point out one thing rogues can do better then any other class (besides sneak attacking obv) and I will take back my statement of rogues sucking.

As for a DDO badass? I am just an asshole, I have been known as the asshole of argo from time to time within certain groups.  I represent, and proudly.

Point out one thing that Wizards can do better than any other class other than casting spells. 

They do traps better than any other class, too, what with the whole Improved Evasion thing.  And given that there are a few places you absolutely need that shit done, like Tide Turns, it's still pretty important.  Not to mention all of the places that it comes in handy on the way to end game.  Tongue

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #56 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:41am:
Point out one thing that Wizards can do better than any other class other than casting spells. 

They do traps better than any other class, too, what with the whole Improved Evasion thing.  And given that there are a few places you absolutely need that shit done, like Tide Turns, it's still pretty important.  Not to mention all of the places that it comes in handy on the way to end game.  Tongue

Did you seriously just use only traps as to the defense of a rogues usefulness?
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:46am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #57 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Let me be more clear.

You could of said  - Rogues get a 75% enhancement with scrolls and wands increasing their utility to actual raid saving levels instead of a microscopic bit of usefulness.

You could of said how they can keep most bosses hamstrung. 

You could of gone with their ability to be a perfect kiter in a pug as they are fully self sufficient when things go bad - and we all know that all a rogue needs to do to get aggro is remove their threat reduction - maybe throw some threat gain on if you are slacking in some other gear choices.

You could of gone with one of those, or even several other things.

YOU CHOSE TRAPS.

This discussion isn't even worth my time anymore.  You disappoint me sir.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:01am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 4:46am:
Did you seriously just use only traps as to the defense of a rogues usefulness?

While also sarcastically pointing out that excluding sneak attacks from the discussion is incredibly fucking stupid, yes.  And of course, there's also the nice backup instakills from an Assassin, at least.  Combined with having the room/dex to add in a good sneak, it can be a good way to take out a caster or two before the rest of the party can make it into the room. 

I just don't understand why you would try to take sneak attacks out of the discussion, unless you're just being disingenuous and recognizing how stupid your argument is.  Tongue

ETA - so you add another list of reasons why you're totally wrong, and then bow out of the conversation?  Once again, thanks for admitting I'm right, and I'll be waiting for the soft and delicate warmth of your tongue on my nuts.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:02am by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #59 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:01am:
While also sarcastically pointing out that excluding sneak attacks from the discussion is incredibly fucking stupid, yes.  And of course, there's also the nice backup instakills from an Assassin, at least.  Combined with having the room/dex to add in a good sneak, it can be a good way to take out a caster or two before the rest of the party can make it into the room. 

I just don't understand why you would try to take sneak attacks out of the discussion, unless you're just being disingenuous and recognizing how stupid your argument is.  Tongue

ETA - so you add another list of reasons why you're totally wrong, and then bow out of the conversation?  Once again, thanks for admitting I'm right, and I'll be waiting for the soft and delicate warmth of your tongue on my nuts. 

Anyone who waits for a rogue to sneak into a room to assassinate a trash mob is an idiot.  It is trash, go in there and cleanup. 
I took sneak attack out because obviously they are the only class who can achieve a great sneak attack score - obviously.

I added that list of reasons because you traps like a fucking idiot.  Noone cares about traps.  Traps can be bypassed.  They are no big deal.  You don't imp evasion for traps, imp evasion just says you can be lazy about it.  Imp evasion also doesn't give any benefit over evasion for traps.  If you succeed the roll you continue disarming.  If you fail the roll you stop.  Not that it matters, traps are not important.

You claim you are right but you don't even know your class.  I gave you the chance to defend it and all you used was traps - and you would of used sneak attack.  Maybe I should of taken out traps as well so you would of been dumbfounded. 

Also, getting the highest score is unimportant since trap disarm dcs are negligible.  You can take a level of rogue or artificer and achieve a high enough disarm score for it not to matter. 

Learn your class kiddo.  You had the chance to defend them and you would of gone with the stupidest two things to go with - traps and sneak attack.  Is that all your rogue uses? If so, you might wanna hit up bandy for some lessons.  Rogues can be so much more.  Your obvious pathetic attempt at defending them is a big reason why I hate rogues.  "I can do traps and sneak attack!" Yeah, well, that is only the tip of the iceberg.  Utility is rogues best friend.  Surely you are not the naive of a class you so strongly defend?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:18am
Print Post  
My class?  I've got one rogue that's level 4, and I've played him for a grand total of about an hour and a half. 

I've just grouped with a lot of rogues, and I've seen them useful in a shitload of situations where I know that they excel.  Considering that Bards are much more my speed, though, I definitely boneheaded by forgetting to add in the whole UMD thing, however.  Definitely huge.

I'm not defending them that strongly.  I just know pathetically incorrect bullshit when I read it and enjoy telling someone that they're full of shit.  I don't know all of the ins and outs, but the fact that you're basically making my argument for me just backs up the fact that I was right out of the gate, and you're just a big mouthed shit talker.

Which is great, because you'll need a big mouth to fit all of my balls.  I have pretty large balls, you see.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #61 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Wow, you defend them and you know nothing about them :/

Thanks for proving you are just full of hot air. 

FYI I wasn't wrong.  Classes should be utilized to their potential.  People who do not do such are halfassing the game.  This is why I dislike most bards, this is why I despise rogues, many wizards, and "healer specced divines".

I am actually pretty neutral about fvs who dump wisdom - in order to make them great at endgame with dcs they NEED to tr.  Not everyone wants to do that grind so str/con with a sub in CHA is effective and does not require so much time investment.

Incorrect bullshit, all depends on how you view it.  I base my opinions on what is viewed not in what can be.  Most rogues are horrible outside of sneak attacks and traps.  Shit, some are horrible with traps.  They can't be horrible with sneak attacks as it forced upon them.  The fact that you obviously could not see past that shows maybe you should keep your mouth shut and learn a thing or two first.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #62 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Also:

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:53am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 5:49am:
Wow, you defend them and you know nothing about them :/

Thanks for proving you are just full of hot air. 

FYI I wasn't wrong.  Classes should be utilized to their potential.  People who do not do such are halfassing the game.  This is why I dislike most bards, this is why I despise rogues, many wizards, and "healer specced divines".

I am actually pretty neutral about fvs who dump wisdom - in order to make them great at endgame with dcs they NEED to tr.  Not everyone wants to do that grind so str/con with a sub in CHA is effective and does not require so much time investment.

Incorrect bullshit, all depends on how you view it.  I base my opinions on what is viewed not in what can be.  Most rogues are horrible outside of sneak attacks and traps.  Shit, some are horrible with traps.  They can't be horrible with sneak attacks as it forced upon them.  The fact that you obviously could not see past that shows maybe you should keep your mouth shut and learn a thing or two first.

I know it's hard for you to follow, but you made an incorrect statement, I pointed out that the statement was incorrect, and then you pretty much proved me right better than I could. 

There are a lot of shitty rogues, and it's very easy to fuck up a rogue.  But the class itself has a lot of potential and can be played very well, as you made clear.  I obviously didn't even have to know a lot about the class to smell the bullshit, so thanks for playing. 

Please do enjoy the taste of my balls, btw.  I can even shave them if you're worried about gagging on the hair.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #64 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:17am
Print Post  
I think you should quote where in this thread I said the rogue class was shit.  I said rogues were - a generalization of rogues.  I never said the class itself was shit or worthless.  Ask for clarification next time instead of white knighting something that isn't happening.

You showed in your previous post you can see the difference between the class and those who play them.  Yet you couldn't see that in my posts? Once again, quote where I said the class itself was.  Rogues as a general rule are shit.  Exceptions pop out, brenda being one of the foremost on most argo players minds (there are a few others as well, like bandy).

The only time I brought up class was saying they should be utilized to their full potential.  Then I said I despise rogues, I did not say I despise the rogue class.  :/

What did you want me to call the people who played the class terribly? Ninnies? If so, I would be afraid that only a couple people would of known what I was talking about.

I would bring up reading comprehension, but I just did so I don't have to.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:25am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:17am:
I think you should quote where in this thread I said the rogue class was shit.  I said rogues were - a generalization of rogues.  I never said the class itself was shit or worthless.  Ask for clarification next time instead of white knighting something that isn't happening.

You showed in your previous post you can see the difference between the class and those who play them.  Yet you couldn't see that in my posts? Once again, quote where I said the class itself was.  Rogues as a general rule are shit.  Exceptions pop out, brenda being one of the foremost on most argo players minds (there are a few others as well, like bandy).

The only time I brought up class was saying they should be utilized to their full potential.  Then I said I despise rogues, I did not say I despise the rogue class.  :/

What did you want me to call the people who played the class terribly? Ninnies? If so, I would be afraid that only a couple people would of known what I was talking about.

I would bring up reading comprehension, but I just did so I don't have to.

Epoch wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 3:13am:
I would reroll into a useful class.

Epoch wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 5:09am:
I would prefer for you to enlighten me as to what makes them useful. 

Besides making the decision easier on who goes into asteroids during abbot, I cannot think of a single thing rogues are good for.

Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 5:28am:
Rogues don't have potential.

Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:29am:
No amount of skill or player design will make a rogue good.

Yes, I clearly have horrible reading comprehension to somehow think that you were speaking of the class in general rather than how rogues are played.  I mean clearly, if I could look between the lines of "No amount of skill or player design will make a rogue good," I could see that you were just talking about the way that certain people play their rogues. 

If you backpedal any faster, you'll be too far away to put my balls in your mouth, sir.  Stand steadfast and open wide, it'll be over quicker. 

ETA: And white knighting?  I don't think that phrase means what you think it means.  Sad
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:27am by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #66 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Let use quotes in context shall we?

Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 9:29am:
No amount of skill or player design will make a rogue good.  They will always be shitty.  Once you realize this, you may transcend humanity

Obviously a joke.  The blatant "transcending humanity" was kind of my giveaway on that. 

An obvious troll attempt that Eladiun didn't care about and was likewise marked as failure.  As he already has plenty of "useful classes."

Epoch wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 5:09am:
Nerdychaz wrote on Oct 28th, 2011 at 4:40am:
Please, enlighten me, what makes a rogue useless.

I would prefer for you to enlighten me as to what makes them useful. 

Besides making the decision easier on who goes into asteroids during abbot, I cannot think of a single thing rogues are good for.

Nowhere is class mentioned.  I was once again, dissing rogues as a vastly proven majority. 

Context is everything.  Try staying with it instead of pulling it out of your ass later on.

Epoch wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 5:28am:
Oakianus wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 4:23am:
Trapmonkey rogues are like nannybot clerics.  It's nice to have one role handled well, but it's a sign of a lazy player who's still kind of shitty at playing their class and hasn't unlocked its full potential by a mile. 

Rogues don't have potential.  They make kickass xp getters though.  Breakables? Check.  Traps if there is time? Check.  Secret doors if I accidentally miss one? Check.

Past that, my piss is more useful.  I will make an exception for Brenna though - screw any other rogue.

ONCE AGAIN CONTEXT

Rogues are generally shit but they always break stuff and do traps.  As it takes absolutely nothing to do so.  Fuck mechanics are even better for it because they can break everything from the same spot the trap boxes are in some cases.  Which beats running up to every single one.  Secret doors? I typically get them as I round up the mobs for the mass kill.

Shitty rogues do not have potential.  If they did, they wouldn't be shitty, they would be sub-par. 

Context is important, it is a pretty big factor for reading comprehension.  Maybe J was right.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #67 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:47am
Print Post  

JDollar wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 4:52pm:
Every post is over the top and out spoken, its almost like there a slight language barrier the way you say things, the way non native speakers say offensive things because of a mistranslation.

Maybe you are wiser then you seem :/

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 7:31am
Print Post  
*shrugs* I like to assassinate. I like to do traps. Epoch would probably hate running with me, and that's totally fine. It seems to Epoch, a well-built rogue is one that is mostly built with tons of strength and con. He's not the only one that thinks this; there's even a rogue on Orien that constantly and annoyingly spams rogue threads about this theory. Most people instead play rogues to utilize the class skills, which takes more time and a vastly different playstyle.

Rogues aren't particularly good at soloing at level, because their damage come from sneak attacks. Epoch likes to zerg through dungeons and solo a lot. If I played like that, I probably wouldn't like rogues either.

Seriously, this is a slapfight for no reason at all. People play different ways, and different classes fit those playstyles better. It isn't actually a big deal. Now, the idiots that claim they can only take one rogue in a raid....those people should be strung up.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #69 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 7:31am:
*shrugs* I like to assassinate. I like to do traps. Epoch would probably hate running with me, and that's totally fine. It seems to Epoch, a well-built rogue is one that is mostly built with tons of strength and con. He's not the only one that thinks this; there's even a rogue on Orien that constantly and annoyingly spams rogue threads about this theory. Most people instead play rogues to utilize the class skills, which takes more time and a vastly different playstyle.

Rogues aren't particularly good at soloing at level, because their damage come from sneak attacks. Epoch likes to zerg through dungeons and solo a lot. If I played like that, I probably wouldn't like rogues either.

Seriously, this is a slapfight for no reason at all. People play different ways, and different classes fit those playstyles better. It isn't actually a big deal. Now, the idiots that claim they can only take one rogue in a raid....those people should be strung up.

Well, str 16, dex 16, cha 10, con 15, halfling as it is higher sneak attack dps.   If I was to make one for actual rogueing purposes.  I would go assassin as it is the highest dps, and get several pieces of threat reduction, and several pieces of threat gain.  Don't forget DP clickies!  Also max umd and conc, 1 point in open locks for giggles, max search and disable, jump, and 1 point in tumble.  Skill points after that dont matter.  Don't need spot as I know where the traps are - as well as the mobs in almost every quest.

Hmm, unless dmg boost works with sneak attack... I would change the race - but I am 95% positive it doesn't.

That being said, the rogue CLASS is great for support in dps and whatever else.  Ninnies ONTH tend to be sucky.

I wouldn't mind grouping with you grace.  I adhere to the star unless, like I said, the star is leading me to certain doom.  Then I resort to my typical style.  You on the other hand, probably wouldn't enjoy a run under my leadership when I am in the mood for balls to the wall rampaging.  Although, if you want to watch me die - join me in my lvling for tala.  Zombie palemaster for a fleshie is screwing with me.  I keep hitting 4 to heal myself... and no recon  :/  Years of honed reflex.... makes me sad.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Nothingtoseehere
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
I must admit that I like having high Str and Con on my rogue, yet at the same time, he is more than capable of getting practically any trap in the game (have done EVoN 1 to test it) and his UMD is high enough to throw heal scrolls on himself and the rest of the party.

He can still assassinate, but when at a boss fight, he stands up and pounds on him to the best of his ability. Granted, that isn't all that great, but with 2 levels of barb he has 2 rages to use when he sees fit.

Having said all that, when I eventually get round to TRing him, he's definitely going to be a pure halfling build. Shame I made all those GS DwAxes for him really Sad
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:23am by Nothingtoseehere »  

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #71 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 6:45am:

An obvious troll attempt that Eladiun didn't care about and was likewise marked as failure.  As he already has plenty of "useful classes."

It was much too obvious.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #72 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:24am:
It was much too obvious.

That statement has been successful ingame and out for years.  While I didn't hook you, I did unintentionally get others.  Then again, Oak hasn't been playing for as long as some of us, so he probably isn't used to the old blanket statements like that.  Remember when being wf or ranger instantly marked you a denial in getting in a group? Bards as well.... ahh.. the days..

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #73 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Nothingtoseehere wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 9:23am:
I must admit that I like having high Str and Con on my rogue, yet at the same time, he is more than capable of getting practically any trap in the game (have done EVoN 1 to test it) and his UMD is high enough to throw heal scrolls on himself and the rest of the party.

He can still assassinate, but when at a boss fight, he stands up and pounds on him to the best of his ability. Granted, that isn't all that great, but with 2 levels of barb he has 2 rages to use when he sees fit.

Having said all that, when I eventually get round to TRing him, he's definitely going to be a pure halfling build. Shame I made all those GS DwAxes for him really Sad

Get DP clickies, fuck rage (fighter would be better imo, or rogue capstone - adds to the sneak attack bonus, unless it is bugged with items).

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #74 - Nov 3rd, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 3rd, 2011 at 8:43am:
Well, str 16, dex 16, cha 10, con 15, halfling as it is higher sneak attack dps.   If I was to make one for actual rogueing purposes.  I would go assassin as it is the highest dps, and get several pieces of threat reduction, and several pieces of threat gain.  Don't forget DP clickies!  Also max umd and conc, 1 point in open locks for giggles, max search and disable, jump, and 1 point in tumble.  Skill points after that dont matter.  Don't need spot as I know where the traps are - as well as the mobs in almost every quest.

Hmm, unless dmg boost works with sneak attack... I would change the race - but I am 95% positive it doesn't.

That being said, the rogue CLASS is great for support in dps and whatever else.  Ninnies ONTH tend to be sucky.

I wouldn't mind grouping with you grace.  I adhere to the star unless, like I said, the star is leading me to certain doom.  Then I resort to my typical style.  You on the other hand, probably wouldn't enjoy a run under my leadership when I am in the mood for balls to the wall rampaging.  Although, if you want to watch me die - join me in my lvling for tala.  Zombie palemaster for a fleshie is screwing with me.  I keep hitting 4 to heal myself... and no recon  :/  Years of honed reflex.... makes me sad.

I actually don't mind zerging sometimes. It's fun with a group as a rogue, because the sneak attacks are wicked huge. I went dex rogue but didn't totally neglect my str and con like an idiot, so it comes out okay. The DP clickies are a requirement - I only need them for end-game elite and epic bosses, but they make a big difference. The damage boost change has been great too, and I swapped some stuff to get wrack construct III when the House C stuff came out. Damn that fort reduction is nice Smiley

I have a near-complete inability to stay out of melee. It drives me nuts on my mid-level caster. I will step out to toss heals or rezzes occasionally though, which has led to a couple instances where I apparently tried to assassinate with a scroll. It didn't work.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint