Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Skyrim General (Read 14456 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Skyrim General
Reply #100 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Giants are easy to kill, I don't see the big deal about it.  While in melee you can interrupt their attacks so very easily.  It is more of a joke then anything else.

That being said, a friend of mine was running from a dragon because it was a little tough for them, then a troll pwned the shit out of the dragon.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #101 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 17th, 2011 at 8:48am:
Giants are easy to kill, I don't see the big deal about it.  While in melee you can interrupt their attacks so very easily.  It is more of a joke then anything else.

That being said, a friend of mine was running from a dragon because it was a little tough for them, then a troll pwned the shit out of the dragon.

Well if you play on the easiest setting, I am sure they are easy to kill. Step on up to adept or higher and tell me the same thing. I'm at lvl 32, and have not tried to fight one since lvl 8 so I could be wrong but they will wreak your shit early on.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #102 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ok so I went to buy it at lunchtime from JB HiFi but they sold out. I did however bump into a friend who works there so that's cool. They get new copies next week.

In the meantime I bought a Kinect game Tongue Have to get the damn console working (a dance game in case you're wondering...). Hate consoles. I only bought it because that is the only way I could get Kinect. And now they're going to be releasing the Kinect for PCs. Bah!

Hehe you caved Smiley

I have a Kinect for Xbox too, just waiting for the next gen of Kinect games.

I clicked like a madman leveling my smithing to 100...and made some Dragon Bone Armour. My armour is 392. I am level 26, and yes I can kill Giant's relatively easy now. Just block their attacks, use Unrelenting Force, Barbarian Rage (I'm an Orc) and just react to them. Having a companion really helps too...as they can't die.

My Dragon Bone Armour:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ariithka/screenshot/650997586413263152

The Dragon fights are lots of fun. Not because they are hard (Only had trouble with my first one, rest have been no problem) but because they fly around shooting fire or ice at you until you head to a large clearing, then they land for maybe 10-15 seconds before taking off again.

If I hadn't focused on all the armour upgrades it would be harder I think. The hardest part is carrying all the scales and bones at once.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
hehehe

'bone'

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #104 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Can't wait to get home and fire this up.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #105 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 17th, 2011 at 6:12pm:
hehehe

'bone'

You know what you can bone?

A few more levels and I will be making the Daedric gear:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Armor_(Skyrim)

Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #106 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 3:24am
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Nov 17th, 2011 at 10:47am:
Well if you play on the easiest setting, I am sure they are easy to kill. Step on up to adept or higher and tell me the same thing. I'm at lvl 32, and have not tried to fight one since lvl 8 so I could be wrong but they will wreak your shit early on.

I never play on the easy setting.  I always play on the hardest because anything easier is made for retards.  Dragon Age would be the best case in point - even then you could solo nightmare on a vanilla caster.

Anyways, giants don't wreck your shit, being a bad player wrecks your shit.  You can solo them one on one at low levels easily enough.  I wouldn't recommend fighting more then one though, and attack the mammoth after the giant is dead.  Otherwise, you are fighting both and at low levels that will wreck your shit.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #107 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 4:04am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Nov 17th, 2011 at 6:22pm:
You know what you can bone?

A few more levels and I will be making the Daedric gear:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Armor_(Skyrim)

You do know your link leads to nothing, use mine instead:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Armor_(Skyrim))
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2011 at 4:05am by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #108 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 7:46am
Print Post  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #109 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 8:27am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 18th, 2011 at 3:24am:
I never play on the easy setting.  I always play on the hardest because anything easier is made for retards.  Dragon Age would be the best case in point - even then you could solo nightmare on a vanilla caster.

Anyways, giants don't wreck your shit, being a bad player wrecks your shit.  You can solo them one on one at low levels easily enough.  I wouldn't recommend fighting more then one though, and attack the mammoth after the giant is dead.  Otherwise, you are fighting both and at low levels that will wreck your shit.

Fought one last night @ lvl 34. yeah you are right, they are not so bad anymore.
But 2 snow bears WILL wreck you shit from now till Christmas.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #110 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 8:50am
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Nov 18th, 2011 at 8:27am:
Fought one last night @ lvl 34. yeah you are right, they are not so bad anymore.
But 2 snow bears WILL wreck you shit from now till Christmas.

I saw a snow bear wipe out a mammoth, then a troll that wandered up.  I would fear them more then giants.  I even saw a dead giant and a snow bear walking around at half health.  Some of those things have a pretty far range.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #111 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Note to self: Don't fuck with snow bears. They are the chickens of Skyrim.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #112 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 18th, 2011 at 4:04am:
You do know your link leads to nothing, use mine instead:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Daedric_Armor_(Skyrim))

Right you are. Opps.

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #113 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 10:39pm
Print Post  
Funniest thing I've seen/done in my game yet...

Shot an Ice Spike right into the forehead of a bear - and was then chased around by a very irate "unicorn" for a bit.  Grin

I also very much love the Marked for Death shout.

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #114 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Holy fucking awesome.

I am pretty sure that I am fucking up my character build really badly since it's my first Elder Scrolls game, but I'm enjoying it quite a lot.  Doing mostly sneak, one-handed fighting, light armor and restore spells.  I'm a bard, bitches!

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #115 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I joined the Bard's College too.  I'm a little sad at it's apparent lack of any meaningful impact on gameplay though.  Just another quest hub.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #116 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:47pm:
Yeah, I joined the Bard's College too.  I'm a little sad at it's apparent lack of any meaningful impact on gameplay though.  Just another quest hub.

It was the very first thing I did.  I agree.  I at least wanted to be able to busk for copper or something.  Sad  I'm hoping there's at least a long plotline for them at some point or something.  Though I'm also in the Wizard school, which is kinda lulzy since I literally cast nothing but healing, fast healing and muffle.  Tongue

Is there somewhere to just practice lockpicking?  I've been doing all right at it, but I wanna just fuck around with a lock for a good while.  Especially since I haven't come across enough locks to really rank at all.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #117 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:54pm:
It was the very first thing I did.  I agree.  I at least wanted to be able to busk for copper or something.  Sad  I'm hoping there's at least a long plotline for them at some point or something.  Though I'm also in the Wizard school, which is kinda lulzy since I literally cast nothing but healing, fast healing and muffle.  Tongue

Is there somewhere to just practice lockpicking?  I've been doing all right at it, but I wanna just fuck around with a lock for a good while.  Especially since I haven't come across enough locks to really rank at all. 

dwarf ruins

people's houses at night.

Grin

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #118 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:54pm:

How is that possible? I am rank 74 and all I have done is the lower half of the map.  Even then I haven't gone over to the far west side of it yet. 

U needz xploe mo.

Edit:  Also the thieves guild in rivken (I'm bad with names but it starts with an R and is the SE side of the map) has lockpicks you can practice on all day.

Edit again:  by lockpicks I meant locks.  Though they do have a lot of free lockpicks lying around.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:28pm by Epoch »  

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #119 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:25pm:
How is that possible? I am rank 74 and all I have done is the lower half of the map.  Even then I haven't gone over to the far west side of it yet. 

U needz xploe mo.

Probably because I don't really pick locks when I'm in town.  Every great once in a while when I have a reason, but not just to do it.  Tongue

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #120 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:27pm:
Probably because I don't really pick locks when I'm in town.  Every great once in a while when I have a reason, but not just to do it.  Tongue 

I don't pick em in town either.  I edited my previous post with more info though.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #121 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Ah!  I figured it'd be something like that.  I really need to get over there when I'm done with the Wizard storyline.  I've only got about 10-12 hours into the game right now, but my lockpick skill is all of 17.  Sad  Getting damned good at sneaking, though.  Going on that fetch quest for the books during the Wizard SL was fucking great.  Sneak sneak sneak, click attack, watch throats get slit, strip bitches to their skivvies, move on.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #122 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:31pm:
Ah!  I figured it'd be something like that.  I really need to get over there when I'm done with the Wizard storyline.  I've only got about 10-12 hours into the game right now, but my lockpick skill is all of 17.  Sad  Getting damned good at sneaking, though.  Going on that fetch quest for the books during the Wizard SL was fucking great.  Sneak sneak sneak, click attack, watch throats get slit, strip bitches to their skivvies, move on. 

wait till you get 30X backstab damage.
Like A Fucking Boss!

Quote:
Rev. Jim.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #123 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:34pm:
wait till you get 30X backstab damage.
Like A Fucking Boss!

I'd imagine.  Even getting 6x has me feeling pretty fucking awesome about myself, frankly.  I'm definitely working that line all the way to the top.  Cheesy  Even if some of the pre-reqs are fucking garbage.  Oh man, great, I don't trigger pressure plates.  Sad  I was so worried about that.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #124 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 4:44pm:
I'd imagine.  Even getting 6x has me feeling pretty fucking awesome about myself, frankly.  I'm definitely working that line all the way to the top.  Cheesy  Even if some of the pre-reqs are fucking garbage.  Oh man, great, I don't trigger pressure plates.  Sad  I was so worried about that. 

I travel through dungeons jumping.  This often leads to the mobs chasing me to get slaughtered by their own traps.  Which is eerily like ddo in some quests.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16
Send TopicPrint