Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Skyrim General (Read 14285 times)
TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Re: Skyrim General
Reply #175 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 8:12pm:
Finally broke down and made my dragon armor.  Also got me a really neat glass sword to tide me over until I can make Daedric. 

Both my char. and my minion Lydia are wearing dragon armor and probably have enough scales and bones to make another set. Cheesy

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:34pm:
Both my char. and my minion Lydia are wearing dragon armor and probably have enough scales and bones to make another set. Cheesy

One of the drawbacks of the fact that I didn't touch any of the main plot until 20 hours into the game is that I am not exactly awash in scales and bones.  Sad  I barely scraped by enough for my armor and haven't been able to improve shit.  Though I think I have enough scales to improve at least the main body armor, which I should really do.  Especially since I have that ring of awesome smithery or whatever it's called.

I love that I am about 35 hours in and I feel like I have barely gotten started.  Cheesy  It's so fucking huge!  If I don't get 100 hours, I'll be stunned.

ETA: Oh, and I had to break down and use a YouTube walkthrough today.  Turns out that the oculary in Mzulft was broken for me and didn't have the beams.  I fucked with that thing for about 45 minutes before I gave up and looked, and sure as fuck it was just an annoying bug.  Made me feel better about myself, at least. Tongue
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:39pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #177 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:50pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:37pm:
One of the drawbacks of the fact that I didn't touch any of the main plot until 20 hours into the game is that I am not exactly awash in scales and bones.  Sad  I barely scraped by enough for my armor and haven't been able to improve shit.  Though I think I have enough scales to improve at least the main body armor, which I should really do.  Especially since I have that ring of awesome smithery or whatever it's called.

I love that I am about 35 hours in and I feel like I have barely gotten started.  Cheesy  It's so fucking huge!  If I don't get 100 hours, I'll be stunned.

ETA: Oh, and I had to break down and use a YouTube walkthrough today.  Turns out that the oculary in Mzulft was broken for me and didn't have the beams.  I fucked with that thing for about 45 minutes before I gave up and looked, and sure as fuck it was just an annoying bug.  Made me feel better about myself, at least. Tongue

I am not sure how many hours in Skyrim I have logged. I am lvl 37.

Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #178 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
I'm 20 hours in and still haven't seen a dragon. Is this normal?

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #179 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:

They are there trust me. I was about 15 hours in and hadn't seen any other than the first one that you kill outside of Whiterun and then ran into two in a matter of 20 minutes.

YIM  
IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #180 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Have you been ignoring the shit out of the main plot, too?  I'd imagine you must be, at this point.  I believe you have to go speak to the Thane at Whiterun to advance the main plot, at this point, which is like the first thing you have to do once you're out of prison. 

I did the exact same thing and it certainly didn't ruin my game, by any stretch.  I'm kind of a gimp, so it was nice to be somewhat overleveled by the time I got to the big stuff.  Tongue 
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2011 at 10:05pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #181 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I must admit I found a horse and have been just explorign the map and collecting stuff...

Ok.. well I've just done that first dungeon and learnt my first word and took the stone back to the Whiterun wizard... but I didn't talk to the Thane again...

So.... any. time. now!!!!!

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #182 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Wandering around Whiterun as I'm sure I overheard an NPC say I could buy one but I can't find who/how. Any suggestions?

Have you spoken to the Jarl yet?

His Wizard sens you on a quest for a Dragon Tablet - after that is returned and a nice little event, you can buy a house for 5000 gold from his adviser.

There is a cool exploit to get the house for free...

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #183 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
I just use the cheat codes for gold anyway.....

Can't wait to get home and try this! I need somewhere to dump my stuff!

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #184 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Made Daedric Armour and Sword finally!

This shit is so OP it's awesome. I have not really come across anything that scales so put the difficulty up to Expert. Armour sitting at 549, the sword dmg rating is like 80 or 90 (I used 17% smithing gloves and a potion for +40% when improving them to Legendary).

Level 37, about 70hours in. I still have to do the Diplomatic Immunity quest line. I have just been stuffing about leveling, crafting.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/648746351792113149/A17A9E396794C5876DA194AB1C7...

Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #185 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:10pm:
Made Daedric Armour and Sword finally!

This shit is so OP it's awesome. I have not really come across anything that scales so put the difficulty up to Expert. Armour sitting at 549, the sword dmg rating is like 80 or 90 (I used 17% smithing gloves and a potion for +40% when improving them to Legendary).

Level 37, about 70hours in. I still have to do the Diplomatic Immunity quest line. I have just been stuffing about leveling, crafting.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/648746351792113149/A17A9E396794C5876DA194AB1C7...

You look like a beached, squashed, sea anemone.

I have to actually kill dragons to get the components for these don't I.... hmmmm.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #186 - Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You look like a beached, squashed, sea anemone.

I have to actually kill dragons to get the components for these don't I.... hmmmm.

For dragon, yes.  It's not quite as good as Daedric, but Daedric Hearts are a bit harder to come by than dragon scales/bones.  Once you fight your first dragon, you'll fight a hell of a lot more of them shortly thereafter.  I think I only had to kill 5 or so to make a full set (gloves, boots, armor and helmet.) 

I guess now I have to learn enchanting so I can put cool shit on my armor.  I wouldn't mind getting back the enchantment I had on those Restore robes, even though they're pretty noob (17% better spells and 50% magica regen, I think.)  I assume you can overwrite enchantments?

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #187 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:00am
Print Post  
I'll have to wiki 'Daedric' I guess. Haven't got very far in. Only just got the hang of smithing. Want to try all the other crafting stuff.

Very pretty game. But the annoying humaness in me is finding patterns where I want randomness and is feeling the sameness already(sacriliege for saying this!). Still I'm impressed by the detail and quanitity of detail.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #188 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 27th, 2011 at 11:55pm:
For dragon, yes.  It's not quite as good as Daedric, but Daedric Hearts are a bit harder to come by than dragon scales/bones.  Once you fight your first dragon, you'll fight a hell of a lot more of them shortly thereafter.  I think I only had to kill 5 or so to make a full set (gloves, boots, armor and helmet.) 

I guess now I have to learn enchanting so I can put cool shit on my armor.  I wouldn't mind getting back the enchantment I had on those Restore robes, even though they're pretty noob (17% better spells and 50% magica regen, I think.)  I assume you can overwrite enchantments? 

Nope can't overwrite enchantments. I had to make a 2nd set of Daedric after I got my enchantment high enough to have decent abilities.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #189 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'll have to wiki 'Daedric' I guess. Haven't got very far in. Only just got the hang of smithing. Want to try all the other crafting stuff.

Very pretty game. But the annoying humaness in me is finding patterns where I want randomness and is feeling the sameness already(sacriliege for saying this!). Still I'm impressed by the detail and quanitity of detail.

Yea all the Taverns are the same, the guards sound the same...the Dragons are the same...

Yet the towns have a real day/night cycle, the vendors move around and react differently (Follow my Orc around the store, but leave an Elf alone) and townsfolk come out in awe when you slay a Dragon.

Lots of graphical bugs and CTD issues, but it is an awesome game with a big future of mods I think.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #190 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:15am
Print Post  

Nope you cannot overwrite enchantments. Getting your enchanting up to lvl 100 is pretty easy as well. It's a little more tedious than getting crafting up to a 100 but still attainable early on.

YIM  
IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #191 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
A house that is

You can talk to the jarl in several of the bigger cities after you complete a quest to gain his trust then a personal quest.  He will have you talk to his lacky and the lacky will let you buy the house and upgrades.  I have 4 houses currently and am a thane in 5 places.  I have still only done the main plot up to the point of killing your first dragon.

Also, you really should work on killing that first dragon.  A lot of things are not able to be done until you can kill dragons.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #192 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Quote:

Only for noobs.

Wink

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #193 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Mel, talk to the Steward in Dragonsreach.  You can buy Breezehome for 5000 gold.  It's the house between the blacksmith and general goods.  You'll have to do the court wizard's quest first I think.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #194 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 9:16am
Print Post  
I've killed a dragon now! In fact I've killed like 5.... I'm very bad at it so it takes me ages LOL

(I did mention that I'm not playing this game *properly* didn't I?)

I haz house. I haz too much stuff I am not sure if iz useful or not yet. Working on smithing and alchemy. Don't quite get perks yet.

Also this game is obviously designed for a male protagonist. My thane is female and wants to give me gifts now we're 'friends'. I ignore her. Where are all teh cute guys I can make a house servant???

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #195 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  

no you can not,but everything stacks so if you made 4 pieces of amour with -25% destruction you would be able to cast that type of magic for free.

My guy right now has legendary dragon amour and so does my cat bro. 
we own skyrim.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #196 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:52am
Print Post  

Once you visit a few more towns (notably Riften) the potion vendor people will have Daedric hearts for sale. I've been working on my alchemy, so I just do a big loop and buy out all their  ingredients and I have like 10 or 20 daedric hearts in my pouch at my house.

Anyone else a little OCD with their books, and group all the ones with the same cover together on the bookshelves in their houses?  Embarrassed

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #197 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:50am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:52am:
Once you visit a few more towns (notably Riften) the potion vendor people will have Daedric hearts for sale. I've been working on my alchemy, so I just do a big loop and buy out all their  ingredients and I have like 10 or 20 daedric hearts in my pouch at my house.

Anyone else a little OCD with their books, and group all the ones with the same cover together on the bookshelves in their houses?  Embarrassed

no, but I do have a collection issue.

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #198 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:51am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:52am:

Not even a little.  Seek help.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #199 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
What really sucks is I only have 1 house with 2 book shelves. I have a chest stuffed full of books I need to sort and get out on shelves.

DAMN YOU SKYRIM!!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Send TopicPrint