Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Skyrim General (Read 14382 times)
JC
My Little Pony

Re: Skyrim General
Reply #200 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:52am:
Anyone else a little OCD with their books, and group all the ones with the same cover together on the bookshelves in their houses? 

There was a guy who kept the weapons and armor of every man he had slain in his house. I don't know where I saw that though.

Edited:

but on an unrelated note, have a map
http://www.gamebanshee.com/skyrim/mapofskyrim.php#null
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:16pm by JC »  

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

contan
Dragon Raider

The bane of your existence

Reply #201 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
JC wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:13pm:
but on an unrelated note, have a map
http://www.gamebanshee.com/skyrim/mapofskyrim.php#null

Ohh good map, thanks!

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #202 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
I am sick of the Skyrim! I have to keep reminding the men in my house to shower, take out the trash, clean the dishes, do my laundry and make me food, and bring me booze! This game is ruining my life!!

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #203 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:55pm by rev Jim »  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #204 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
strawberrybacon wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 2:47pm:
I am sick of the Skyrim! I have to keep reminding the men in my house to shower, take out the trash, clean the dishes, do my laundry and make me food, and bring me booze! This game is ruining my life!!

You sound like a needy, high-maintenance bitch. No wonder all they're doing is playing Skyrim; they need the escape.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #205 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:59pm:
You sound like a needy, high-maintenance bitch. No wonder all they're doing is playing Skyrim; they need the escape.

Holy fucking shit, I lol'd. 

Rest, will you run away with me to another country and become a citizen there so that we can renounce our US Citizenship long enough to sneak back into the country and make anchor babies together?

IP Logged

Memnir
Shroud Slacker

A little bit different

Reply #206 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Don't really understand why Daedric is better then Dragon armor.  Undecided

Okay, it's lighter by ten pounds... but the ingredients are easier to come by for Dragon armor, the game practically throws dragons at you once you kick the main quest into gear, and it's higher in the skill tree. Daedric even looks better, imho.

Wish I'd known earlier - I would have just sold all the damn Dragon Bones/Scales instead of stockpiling them.

Anyone find any reason that makes Dragon stuff better then Deadric stuff?

Insult to injury - no Dragon weapons to craft. One more reason why Daedric is cooler.
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:36pm by Memnir »  

To stop a nosebleed: apply pressure
To start a nosebleed: apply greater pressure in short, rapid bursts

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #207 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:34pm:

Okay, it's lighter by ten pounds... but the ingredients are easier to come by for Dragon armor, the game practically throws dragons at you once you kick the main quest into gear, and it's higher in the skill tree. Daedric even looks better, imho.

Wish I'd known earlier - I would have just sold all the damn Dragon Bones/Scales instead of stockpiling them.

Insult to injury - no Dragon weapons to craft. One more reason why Daedric is cooler.

I'm wearing dragon for flavor.
I am dragon born, wearing the bones and scales of the dragons that I have killed.
The dragons see me wearing their kin and want revenge.

But I kill them and the vicious cycle continues.

Skyrim is a brutal place......

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #208 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
So lately I've been fighting larger dragons (blood and elder) and the motherfuckers keep eating me.

They'll be down to a sliver of health and then I get the animation pull back so I think "Awwww yeah I'm gonna jump on their head and stab em to death that way!" but no. They pick me up in their mouth and bite down and throw me to the ground. Really irritating. I'm not sure if it's because they are larger dragons than the frosts I've been killing up to this point, or if I'm just getting unlucky. I usually attack from the side so I don't get bit as much, only wing buffeted.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #209 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:01pm:
Holy fucking shit, I lol'd. 

Rest, will you run away with me to another country and become a citizen there so that we can renounce our US Citizenship long enough to sneak back into the country and make anchor babies together?

Yes. But we have to go to a cool country.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #210 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:35pm
Print Post  

Yeah, I went one spot past Dragon armor when getting the knacks to get Dadric, coz it was the exact same price as going the opposite direction but I got to take the light instead of the heavy armors.  So that was nice. 

I've just got daedric for the weapon, though.  I heavily prefer the look of dragon.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #211 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 12:05pm:
What really sucks is I only have 1 house with 2 book shelves. I have a chest stuffed full of books I need to sort and get out on shelves.

DAMN YOU SKYRIM!!

Smiley me too

and in RL i've just given a ton of books to charity.... so now in Skyrim I keep wondering about digital versions of these books... so very meta.

Just got to Solitude on the main quest... sounds like I'm going to have to be sneaky... I totally suck at being sneaky...

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #212 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Esbern makes me want to beat my computer to death.  Sad  He's got so much fucking important exposition that is supposed to make me give two fucks about the storyline, but he don't say nothin.  Sad

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #213 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 9:00pm:
Esbern makes me want to beat my computer to death.  Sad  He's got so much fucking important exposition that is supposed to make me give two fucks about the storyline, but he don't say nothin.  Sad 

Ya Esbern is bugged.

Download BSAUnpack here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3117
Launch it, and find the directory of the game. Go to Data, and select the file called "Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa"
(if you use steam it will lie in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps" Then under common or the folder named with your steam name)
Press Extract all, in the data directory, the same directory where the voiceextra file lies...
There will now be an extra directory in the data folder, (\Data\sound\voice\skyrim.esm\maleuniqueesbern)
Thats about it... it shall work now
« Last Edit: Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:07pm by TWDiggs »  

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #214 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
TWDiggs wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:50pm:
Ya Esbern is bugged.

Download BSAUnpack here: http://www.tesnexus....ile.php?id=3117
Launch it, and find the directory of the game. Go to Data, and select the file called "Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa"
(if you use steam it will lie in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps" Then under common or the folder named with your steam name)
Press Extract all, in the data directory, the same directory where the voiceextra file lies...
There will now be an extra directory in the data folder, (\Data\sound\voice\skyrim.esm\maleuniqueesbern)
Thats about it... it shall work now

ilu

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #215 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:34am
Print Post  

Dragon has light armor, daedric doesn't.  Other then that, nothing.

rest wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 5:14pm:
So lately I've been fighting larger dragons (blood and elder) and the motherfuckers keep eating me.

They'll be down to a sliver of health and then I get the animation pull back so I think "Awwww yeah I'm gonna jump on their head and stab em to death that way!" but no. They pick me up in their mouth and bite down and throw me to the ground. Really irritating. I'm not sure if it's because they are larger dragons than the frosts I've been killing up to this point, or if I'm just getting unlucky. I usually attack from the side so I don't get bit as much, only wing buffeted.

I saw them do that to a guard in whiterun.  It has never happened o me and I am pwning ancients in my sleep.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #216 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
I've killed a dragon now! In fact I've killed like 5.... I'm very bad at it so it takes me ages LOL

(I did mention that I'm not playing this game *properly* didn't I?)

I haz house. I haz too much stuff I am not sure if iz useful or not yet. Working on smithing and alchemy. Don't quite get perks yet.

Also this game is obviously designed for a male protagonist. My thane is female and wants to give me gifts now we're 'friends'. I ignore her. Where are all teh cute guys I can make a house servant???

Other houses will get you other gendered house jarls.  You need an amulet of mara if you want to get married or anything.  I married a shopkeeper because she gives about 5k a week.  You have a wedding, but for all I know we never consecrated it.  Because of this, she sleeps alone every night, bitch.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #217 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:38am
Print Post  
rev Jim wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:50am:
no you can not,but everything stacks so if you made 4 pieces of amour with -25% destruction you would be able to cast that type of magic for free.

My guy right now has legendary dragon amour and so does my cat bro. 
we own skyrim.

If you max out the main line in alchemy you can put enchantments on every piece.  OP doesn't even begin to describe it.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #218 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:39am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Nov 28th, 2011 at 10:52am:
Once you visit a few more towns (notably Riften) the potion vendor people will have Daedric hearts for sale. I've been working on my alchemy, so I just do a big loop and buy out all their  ingredients and I have like 10 or 20 daedric hearts in my pouch at my house.

Anyone else a little OCD with their books, and group all the ones with the same cover together on the bookshelves in their houses?  Embarrassed

I don't pick them up unless they are needed for a quest.  I just hit "e" then "tab" and move on.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #219 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Whomever linked that map made me cry inside.  I compared it to mine and found there was nothing left to explore.  I guess it is time to continue with the main story..... meh.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JC
My Little Pony

Reply #220 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Yay I made Epoch cry.

Alekx wrote on Jun 15th, 2011 at 11:46pm:
Fuck you and your political correctness. Eat a big fat conservative homo cock while you gaze at pony pictures with a hose up your ass.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #221 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:38am:
If you max out the main line in enchantment you can put enchantments on every piece.  OP doesn't even begin to describe it.

Fixed.

Dragon Scale is the best Light armour, and Daedric is the best Heavy armour.

I think the bite animation is like the "smack you into the stratosphere" animation, it only happens if that attack would kill you outright.

So I think you might have too little HP or be too low level for those Dragons, Rest

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #222 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 5:27pm:
Fixed.

Dragon Scale is the best Light armour, and Daedric is the best Heavy armour.

I think the bite animation is like the "smack you into the stratosphere" animation, it only happens if that attack would kill you outright.

So I think you might have too little HP or be too low level for those Dragons, Rest

Probably. I was at less than 30% health, but assumed I could finish off the dragon before it finished me off.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #223 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
You assumed... Poorly.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #224 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Yeah, before I made my dragon armor and I was just wandering around in pure caster gear while doing Sword and Resto style fighting, I had a LOT of those one-bite kills.  Sad  Especially the first actually difficult dragon I fought at those ruins with that chick from Whiterun.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16
Send TopicPrint