Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Keep your RL flag-waving out of my DDO (Read 46949 times)
Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Keep your RL flag-waving out of my DDO
Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Lesliewest_Guitargod is organising a manifestation on the Ghallanda server, in the General DDO forums. As opposed to Off Topic, where he was satisfied to contain his U.S. Army cheerleading for a while.

What the fuck is wrong with you yanks (yes, all of you! Wink) ? Keep your flag-waving, propaganda, and sad platitudes ("thanks to those who make it possible for us to enjoy our free time. And by free, I mean just that") out of my gaming for fuck's sake. I'm not playing America's Army, I'm playing a D&D game.

Wonder how a manifestation for the 25 April North Korean Military Foundation Day would go down on the forums and in game. I should make a post on the General Forums full with North Korean propaganda bullshit (hey, I'm sure their soldiers suffer too) just to make the bigotry and lies of Tolero and Jerry extra obvious. Because the absolute worst thing a U.S. citizen could be accused of is being "unamerican", lol. Let's do anything to avoid that accusing finger being directed towards us.

"No politics or religion in DDO". Except if it's U.S. politics. What a bunch of wankers.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:22am by Razcar »  

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Re: Keep your RL flag-waving out of my DDO
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:13am
Print Post  
This thread has a lot of potential.

Good Job  Grin

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:16am
Print Post  
It annoys me a little that he has taken a purely US take on this day when it's actually for several countries. Isn't it called Rememberance day?

Too tired to google and fact check atm

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:20am
Print Post  
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remembrance_Day

Ok it looks like only commonwealth countries call it that.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome

This should be amusing.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
It annoys me a little that he has taken a purely US take on this day when it's actually for several countries. Isn't it called Rememberance day?
I don't care what take he's using, or if he wants to celebrate the Venezuelan, Cuban or the Israeli army, or remember 9/11 or the genocide on Armenians. He should shut the fuck up - on the DDO forums and in game. I don't want to have his G.I. Joe worldview shoved in my face when I'm playing a D&D computer game.

Some rules of conduct in DDO are good. Keep real life politics and religion out. Sad that the mods don't honour them, because they are bloody bigots.

Calvet wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:13am:
This thread has a lot of potential.

Good Job  Grin

Hehe
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:34am by Razcar »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:32am
Print Post  
This happens pretty much everywhere there is a small amount of people who love the US military.  It isn't our fault our shaved heads and freshly saved faces are so sexy.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:59am
Print Post  
With all due respect to our Commonwealth friends, I'd like to point out the following:

1. Lesliewest_Guitargod is indeed a wanker, there's no doubt about that. Personally, I do not really like his over the top patriotism in the DDO Forums. However...

2. He does seem to limit it to the Off-Topic forum. Perhaps you should either not frequent that forum or just not read his threads there.

3. Nothing is stopping you guys from posting things about Remembrance Day. Lesliewest is an American so he's going to post stuff about Veteran's Day. Honestly, you guys should do the same with Remembrance Day. Maybe it'll get him to consider that others also made the Supreme Sacrifice for our freedoms. I would certainly support such posts.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:00am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:04am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:06am:
What the fuck is wrong with you yanks (yes, all of you! Wink) ? Keep your flag-waving, propaganda, and sad platitudes ("thanks to those who make it possible for us to enjoy our free time. And by free, I mean just that") out of my gaming for fuck's sake. I'm not playing America's Army, I'm playing a D&D game.

Go fuck yourself and play on Wayfinder.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:08am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:32am:
Sad that the mods don't honour them, because they are bloody bigots.

Awwwww, are you upset that we whipped your faggot ass Reich twice?   You pussies can't even win a war with a head start.  DIAF

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:10am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:59am:
2. He does seem to limit it to the Off-Topic forum. Perhaps you should either not frequent that forum or just not read his threads there.

Well, he's peeked out again: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=347415

Arkat wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 7:59am:
3. Nothing is stopping you guys from posting things about Remembrance Day. Lesliewest is an American so he's going to post stuff about Veteran's Day. Honestly, you guys should do the same with Remembrance Day. Maybe it'll get him to consider that others also made the Supreme Sacrifice for our freedoms. I would certainly support such posts.

May 9th is Russia's Victory Day. The russkies made a shitload of a WWII sacrifice. But do we want manifestations, parades and posts in DDO about this? It's an international game now. We're the hell is it gonna stop if they open those RL floodgates?

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:08am:
Awwwww, are you upset that we whipped your faggot ass Reich twice?   You pussies can't even win a war with a head start.  DIAF

Wishing death on people is expressly forbidden! Tell him to live in a fire.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:11am:
Wishing death on people is expressly forbidden! Tell him to live in a fire.

Might work better that way...more painful.

Quote:

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:15am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:10am:
Well, he's peeked out again: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=347415

Yeah, I saw that. I also promptly ignored it.

Razcar wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:10am:
May 9th is Russia's Victory Day. The russkies made a shitload of a WWII sacrifice. But do we want manifestations, parades and posts in DDO about this? It's an international game now. We're the hell is it gonna stop if they open those RL floodgates?

You have a point but the Russians lost more than anyone else in WWII so honestly, I'm not going to complain if they want to post about their Victory Day. They deserve it just as much as we deserve to talk about Veteran's/Remembrance Day. Of course, they should keep it in the Off-Topic Forum.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:17am by Arkat »  

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:18am
Print Post  

Reich? Grin Think you are yapping up the wrong tree there, moron. While your stupidity is funny, you should really educate yourself.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Razcar wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:18am:
Reich? Grin Think you are yapping up the wrong tree there, moron. While your stupidity is funny, you should really educate yourself.

Sweden is a very cool place. I once spent 3 weeks there. I was up in Lappland near Kiruna for a couple of nights in the summer of 1986. The mosquitos were awful but is was very cool to still have sunlight at 3:00 AM!

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:38am
Print Post  

Pretty sure that Razcar is a Swede. Therefore, just a Reich ass kisser and not a member of the greater Reich, Volksdeutsch or whatever.
Tongue

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:39am
Print Post  
I'm a bit lost.

I'd be dead against an officially sanctioned DDO event. But if he's just organising it for him and his buddies / like minded persons, big meh.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #18 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:40am
Print Post  
We've been down this road with Leslie before.  This very topic is how he choned himself. 

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1292203084

As you can see, some of us yanks have been as annoyed with his antics as you are for a while now.

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #19 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:39am:
I'm a bit lost.I'd be dead against an officially sanctioned DDO event. But if he's just organising it for him and his buddies / like minded persons, big meh.

It's not officially sanctioned by anyone but the overbearing, pompous ass hisownself.

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:38am:
Pretty sure that Razcar is a Swede. Therefore, just a Reich ass kisser and not a member of the greater Reich, Volksdeutsch or whatever.
Tongue

Hey, the Germans had the coolest looking helmets. Second place goes to the Brits. (Italy had the ugliest.)

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #21 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 8:22am:
Sweden is a very cool place. I once spent 3 weeks there. I was up in Lappland near Kiruna for a couple of nights in the summer of 1986. The mosquitos were awful but is was very cool to still have sunlight at 3:00 AM!

Meh.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #22 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Dec 13th, 2010 at 1:11pm:
Speaking as a Veteran, I would rather get no recognition than way too much from someone I perceive as a "wannabe," "groupie," ""hanger on," or "kiss ass."

Perhaps that's just me though.

That pretty much sums it all up. 

Just ignore him, many people do, many more will.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #23 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:10am
Print Post  
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT VETERANS DAY! I AM A VET AND I HAVE TO WORK ON THAT DAY. FUCK YOU ASSHATS. THANKS A LOT.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #24 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:20am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:10am:
I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT VETERANS DAY! I AM A VET AND I HAVE TO WORK ON THAT DAY. FUCK YOU ASSHATS. THANKS A LOT.

Heh, the UAW contract that determines my holidays always has 'Veteran's Day (Observed)' on the first day of deer hunting season, regardless of how close that is to November 11th.

Tongue

P.S. Vet here, son of a vet and grandson of a vet that was on the Western Front when November 11th probably saved his ass. How about them there bona fides?

P.P.S. Yeah, I'm old.   Embarrassed

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Send TopicPrint