Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Keep your RL flag-waving out of my DDO (Read 46996 times)
Balthazar
Puppy Farmer

Time is of the essence!

Re: Keep your RL flag-waving out of my DDO
Reply #75 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 11:43am:
If you brew 'correctly' you receive more nutrition from beer than you do bread given equal amounts of grain.

Belgian Trappist Ales uber alles, auch.

True, SOOOOOO true.

Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #76 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Quadrovault wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:03pm:
Regarding the crying about security part, I'm not sure I'm able to understand what you're talking about. AFAIK, it's USA who uses their financial power to get other countries to go help them in a war, just so they look like saviours and not bad guys.

You could start with NATO operation Deliberate Force in which US Aircraft carried out 65% of the sorties in an entirely European theater conflict.  Of course, though that was in our own self interest.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #77 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
As a vet, with a lot of friends and family that are vets I feel I need to tell you slide down a pools slide of razor blades and broken glass to land in a salt water & lemon juice pool and shit on by pony loving commies.

As an American I feel I need to tell you that you have every right to not participate and say anything you want in regards to your support or non-support of the soldiers that fought and died to hopefully make live better for "the people back home" no matter what country they are from.

As an adult I need to tell you to stop being such a bitch ass 3 year old and ignore the forums if you can't stand to see someone posting about something you fucking douchebag.  If you want to go play drizzt the mighty fae slayer, then go do it in game & stop fucking whining about what you see on THE FUCKING FORUM OF THE GAME. 

tl:dr - don't bitch about reading topic on forum ruining your game, if you are playing game it wouldn't affect you buttpirate.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #78 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:44pm:
As a vet, with a lot of friends and family that are vets I feel I need to tell you slide down a pools slide of razor blades and broken glass to land in a salt water & lemon juice pool and shit on by pony loving commies.

As an American I feel I need to tell you that you have every right to not participate and say anything you want in regards to your support or non-support of the soldiers that fought and died to hopefully make live better for "the people back home" no matter what country they are from.

As an adult I need to tell you to stop being such a bitch ass 3 year old and ignore the forums if you can't stand to see someone posting about something you fucking douchebag.  If you want to go play drizzt the mighty fae slayer, then go do it in game & stop fucking whining about what you see on THE FUCKING FORUM OF THE GAME. 

tl:dr - don't bitch about reading topic on forum ruining your game, if you are playing game it wouldn't affect you buttpirate.

Jaklee brings the pwnage.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #79 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Razcar, I'm sure you'll get some people if you make a party for the Crown Princess Birthday.  Wink

On my side I can try to make a party for the Bastille Day.  Cheesy

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #80 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
My people have a party every time a new Walmart opens.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #81 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
I didn't read this thread at all, but Veteran's Day fills me with a ridiculously large amount of seething rage.  Sad  Like, it's pretty irrational, but it really does.

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #82 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:04pm:
I didn't read this thread at all, but Veteran's Day fills me with a ridiculously large amount of seething rage.  Sad  Like, it's pretty irrational, but it really does. 

The concept of honoring people who put their asses on the line so you don't have to is irritating? A fair amount of them had no real say in the matter, by the way. A moment of silence for those who didn't come back is rage inducing?

Wait, let me find it. There it is.  Sad

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #83 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:09pm:
The concept of honoring people who put their asses on the line so you don't have to is irritating? A fair amount of them had no real say in the matter, by the way. A moment of silence for those who didn't come back is rage inducing?

Wait, let me find it. There it is.  Sad

Actually if you think about all those folks put their life on the line to preserve our Democracy and way of life, one of the great things of our Democracy is dissent is allowed. I am sure that those "people that put there asses on the line" would be glad that the sacrifice they made allowed people to voice their opinion without fear of repercussion. I am a vet and I have no problem with Oak not being overly happy with the day. I know he values peace, and sees little value in war. I think that it is pretty noble that he sticks to those values. If everyone felt that way, we wouldn't need to remember war dead. Think about it.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:14pm by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #84 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
That last post was a giant run on sentence, but I was caught up in the moment.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #85 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:14pm:
Actually if you think about all those folks put their life on the line to preserve our Democracy and way of life, one of the great things of our Democracy is dissent is allowed. I am sure that those "people that put there asses on the line" would be glad that the sacrifice they made allowed people to voice their opinion without fear of repercussion. I am a vet and I have no problem with Oak not being overly happy with the day. I know he values peace, and sees little value in war. I think that it is pretty noble that he sticks to those values. If everyone felt that way, we wouldn't need to remember war dead. Think about it.

OK, I'll accept your point.

But if Oaky Anus smells like patchouli, all bets are off.

Kiss

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #86 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 1:59pm:
Razcar, I'm sure you'll get some people if you make a party for the Crown Princess Birthday.  Wink

I'll celebrate Princess Madeleine birthday.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #87 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
I know he values peace, and sees little value in war. I think that it is pretty noble that he sticks to those values. If everyone felt that way, we wouldn't need to remember war dead. Think about it.

A common sentiment I have heard on Remembrance Day was that we remember partly in the hope that the horrors and sacrifices of the Great War will never need to be repeated.

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #88 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:20pm:
OK, I'll accept your point.

But if Oaky Anus smells like patchouli, all bets are off.

Kiss

Bonus -

People like Oak occasionally give the National Guard target practice at places like Kent State. Man those out of shape, dope smoking hippies can run like hell when you start firing at them with a M1 Garand.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #89 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:48am:
He sent me this PM on the other forums -
Veterans Day Multi-Server Event: Honor Thy Soldier and Victims of 9/11.

I'd like to personally invite all of your guild members interested in showing appreciation to our veterans on Friday, November 11, 2011, at 3pm and 10pm est. on Ghallanda. We will be meeting in House D, in the Temple of the Sovereign Host.

Dedicating this effort to veterans from all peaceful nations, as well as the victims of 9/11.

More information/updates are available on the DDO forums.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=347415

Looking forward to seeing your guildies in attendance!

Best regards,
Mississippee Queen
Tyrs Paladium
Ghallanda

PS: MOTD or web site is a perfect place to announce this event to guildies

Ya, I got the same one.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #90 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:50am:
Oh, man. The Hasslehoff card has been played.

Shit's getting real here, folks! Shit's getting real.

Cheesy

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

IP Logged

Inkblack
Puppy Farmer
Vault WDA

_,|,,

Reply #91 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 1:59pm:

On my side I can try to make a party for the Bastille Day.  Cheesy

I know I've celebrated Bastille Day.  I have no idea what I was celebrating, just that I was in college and it involved beer.

I've also celebrated Diez y Seis de Septiembre, Pearl Harbor Day (start doing kamikazes at 7:48 in the morning -- usually fell during finals week), Fat Tuesday, Eid, ...

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #92 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 11:46am:
Essentially the lyrics are:
You have asked me and I said nothing.*
Do you want to be true to her, until death you do depart?
No.
Do you want to love her, also in bad times, until death you do depart?
No.

*Also, there is an ambiguity with: You hate me.

Guys: Have an Umlaut. Ü.

The album I bought a while back (cd) also had english versions of a couple songs on them.  The ones the band sang aren't matching up very well to the ones you put here.

IP Logged

Quadrovault
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #93 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Balthazar wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:30pm:
Who are you going to whine to for help then? China? Good fucking luck.
Are you stupid? He said right after ww2, USSR did not have nukes then.

I find it pretty amusing that you cut part of what I said. Please do refer to

Quote:
Regarding the crying about security part, I'm not sure I'm able to understand what you're talking about. AFAIK, it's USA who uses their financial power to get other countries to go help them in a war, just so they look like saviours and not bad guys.

As far as the nukes, I didn't mean that russian had more firepower, simply that they would be more willing to pretty much sacrifice anything they had, and unless you intended to kill everyone of them, you'd get nowhere. Did you know they had 20x the casualties of the US during WWII (8 million soldiers). And that's not to mention the 10+ millions of civillians, which accounts to the russians having more then 40x the american casualties. Do you see what these people are able to whitstand to defend their country?

Which leads me to (again), why do you think you can win a war by just nuking stuff up?

Regarding USSR. Do you have any idea what these people did to the countries that are now/recently starting to get/got their independence?

Let me tell you, I've been living in Estonia for 3 months so far, and I've never seen anything like this. If there's a russian on a public transport, people tend to stay away from him, or at the very least not take the seat right next to him (and they still ammount to 25% of the estonian population...). These are people who hated being opressed and dominated, and did something about it.

Do you know how they got what they wanted? Singing. Do you know how many people died? 0

I come from Portugal. We were a dictatorship ourselves up until 1974. Do you know how many people died in that change? 0

The second you involve firepower into it, it will no longer be a revolution of the people in those countries, and there will be no real change in people's mentalities, which is where it must occurr in the first place.

Eladiun wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 12:41pm:
You could start with NATO operation Deliberate Force in which US Aircraft carried out 65% of the sorties in an entirely European theater conflict.  Of course, though that was in our own self interest.

Again, the world cop attitude. And things really are working out nicely in Bosnia aren't they?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #94 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Quadrovault wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 3:55pm:
Again, the world cop attitude. And things really are working out nicely in Bosnia aren't they?

You're a retard.  It was a UN/NATO Op but who provides the majority of the equipment and personnel? 

The UN (led by France) wants to take action against Libya.  It's the US that flies 5000+ sorties and eats the one Billion dollar cost.

Please, we aren't the cop.  We are the gun and whenever any of you fuckers have a problem you love the gun but you are all so fucking quick to turn on it.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:03pm by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 2:25pm:
Bonus -

People like Oak occasionally give the National Guard target practice at places like Kent State. Man those out of shape, dope smoking hippies can run like hell when you start firing at them with a M1 Garand.

I lol'd pretty fucking hard.  Cheesy

I thought this was a beautiful sentiment, and I read it to my fiancee.  She responded with "That's really sweet, but he gave you too much credit.  You're not a real hippy." 

And she's totally right.  I'm not a real hippy.  I'm actually totally okay with war as a concept and think that there are times where you realistically have to go to war.  Maybe not have to, but certainly ought to at least.  I'm in favor of the war in Afghanistan, for instance.  Not so much Iraq, because it was stupid and I think we went there under false pretenses and made mistakes that an eight year old Risk player wouldn't have made.  You know, for instance.  Tongue 

My objections to Veteran's Day are actually a fair bit sillier.  I object because that is MOTHER.  FUCKING.  ARMISTICE.  DAY.  The motivations there are hippy-like, because I think that day represents one of the most beautiful moments in the history of humanity, even though it was tarnished horribly by the events of a few decades later.  That was the day that, on the 11th hour, men who had desperately been hiding in trenches for months, putting each others' allies into a meat grinder for a few inches of land, just....  stopped.  Everyone got the call, and they stopped, and sat down on the edge of a tank and slowly made their way toward home, British men passing Germans with no more than a nod and perhaps a glare as they just all quit. 

I just think it's such a beautiful moment, and I feel like the cuntrags in the 50s who wanted to suck up some of that glory and get parades for beating Hitler were, well, cuntrags.  Sad  It's a pathetic attempt to steal the glory of the dead and erase an amazing historical moment from the public consciousness, imo, and it turns my fucking stomach.  Sad 
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:07pm by Oakianus »  

IP Logged

Quadrovault
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #96 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:03pm:
You're a retard.  It was a UN/NATO Op but who provides the majority of the equipment and personnel? 

The UN (led by France) wants to take action against Libya.  It's the US that flies 5000+ sorties and eats the one Billion dollar cost.

Please, we aren't the cop.  We are the gun and whenever any of you fuckers have a problem you love the gun but you are all so fucking quick to turn on it.

Don't get me wrong, and I might be totally off here, but have you ever been outside the US for a significant ammount of time? Any 2-3 months should suffice.

Oh, and don't mistake the people for the politicians (and don't even try to say the politicians reflect the will of the people, as I'm pretty sure even you can tell how wrong that is).

PS: Do you really believe France or whoever has more power in the UN (or in any other organization) then the US has?

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #97 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:07pm:
My objections to Veteran's Day are actually a fair bit sillier.  I object because that is MOTHER.  FUCKING.  ARMISTICE.  DAY.  The motivations there are hippy-like, because I think that day represents one of the most beautiful moments in the history of humanity, even though it was tarnished horribly by the events of a few decades later.  That was the day that, on the 11th hour, men who had desperately been hiding in trenches for months, putting each others' allies into a meat grinder for a few inches of land, just....  stopped.  Everyone got the call, and they stopped, and sat down on the edge of a tank and slowly made their way toward home, British men passing Germans with no more than a nod and perhaps a glare as they just all quit. 

I just think it's such a beautiful moment, and I feel like the cuntrags in the 50s who wanted to suck up some of that glory and get parades for beating Hitler were, well, cuntrags.  Sad  It's a pathetic attempt to steal the glory of the dead and erase an amazing historical moment from the public consciousness, imo, and it turns my fucking stomach.  Sad 

Well, that puts your statement in context and it makes total sense.  I can absolutely understand where you are coming from.

Quote:

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #98 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Quadrovault wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:08pm:
Don't get me wrong, and I might be totally off here, but have you ever been outside the US for a significant ammount of time? Any 2-3 months should suffice.

Oh, and don't mistake the people for the politicians (and don't even try to say the politicians reflect the will of the people, as I'm pretty sure even you can tell how wrong that is).

PS: Do you really believe France or whoever has more power in the UN (or in any other organization) then the US has?

Your tinfoil hat is in the mail.

Quote:

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #99 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 4:10pm:
Well, that puts your statement in context and it makes total sense.  I can absolutely understand where you are coming from.

Yeah, I was in a rush earlier and only realized after I was afk that it came off as much more inflammatory than I meant it.  Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Send TopicPrint