Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Elite Shroud (Read 16529 times)
ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Elite Shroud
Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Shit's no joke now. That is all.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Re: Elite Shroud
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Yeah, trying for a second time.  Blades are killer.  They spawn from killed devils and chew up the party if you are all on the devil.  The death from above is a nice touch too.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:33pm by Eladiun »  

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
I used to think that anyone who pulled out during the blades was a moron.

Now I think that anyone who stays in during the blades (even on Normal) is suicidal.

Went into Shroud on Elite as our first Shroud run after U12 with the best Shroud party I've been with in quite a while and those blades kicked our asses.  Reform and we still didn't quite make it because individual key people got surprised by blades spawning on top of them.

I don't think that Elite Shroud is going to be all that bad to deal with in a couple of weeks when people are used to it, but it's a hell of a lot more interesting fight now than it used to be.

fnord

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:36pm
Print Post  
ZeroBoost wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:23pm:
Shit's no joke now. That is all.

It is actually pretty nice. A real decent challenge. Of course, we had two favored souls and my cleric when I tried it elite, so we didn't really stand any chance of completing. If we'd had another cleric it might have been different though. Silly favored souls are just too squishy. Wink

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 9:32pm:
Yeah, trying for a second time.  Blades are killer.  They spawn from killed devils and chew up the party if you are all on the devil.  The death from above is a nice touch too.

Yeah. That's what got us. The blades from the devils. Each hit was hitting me for 80-90, and sometimes I would get hit 3-4 times by the same blade. I think right now, people are just surprised by the blades after ignoring them for so long

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
what do you mean blades from the devils? Explain plz. Is this an elite Shroud or a normal Shroud quirk?

(my agenda is I have 8 more of the fucking fuckers to heal before I get my necessary cleansing and then I'm never healing a fucking PUG Shroud ever fucking again *cough*)

So what do I need to know to make this process bearable?

IP Logged

ZeroBoost
Titan Demolisher

res ipsa loquitur

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:25pm:
what do you mean blades from the devils? Explain plz. Is this an elite Shroud or a normal Shroud quirk?

(my agenda is I have 8 more of the fucking fuckers to heal before I get my necessary cleansing and then I'm never healing a fucking PUG Shroud ever fucking again *cough*)

So what do I need to know to make this process bearable?

When the trash devils die in part 4, their bodies turn into blades.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
So, this is a pre normal Arry drops burst cycle and unrelated to that?

I'm less irked by that, as that bit's trivial unless you have a tard made of blue cheese

Smiley

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2011 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Tere, the blades now hit 60/70/80 damage. 

Even on normal they can wipe you.  Just piling up and killing the trash isn't going to fly anymore. Strategy is back in the shroud.

Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #9 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 4:47am
Print Post  
When shroud first came out people used to fight the devils on the opposite side of where you zoned into part 4 and that would escape the blades.  You might wanna see if that works if they are giving you that much trouble.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Reply #10 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 5:34am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 4:47am:
When shroud first came out people used to fight the devils on the opposite side of where you zoned into part 4 and that would escape the blades.  You might wanna see if that works if they are giving you that much trouble.

Good suggestion.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #11 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:02am
Print Post  
So this is on normal too?

*sigh*

I don't want fucking strategy in a PUGGle Shroud. I had a bloody 56 minute one the other day. I want to get in, kill the big red dude and get the hell out of there.

Harumph.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:02am by Terebinthia »  

IP Logged

Nothingtoseehere
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:11am
Print Post  
We tried an elite Shroud too with a very good group and wiped in pt 4.

Pts 1,2 and 3 were easy - just like a normal run pre-U12, the portals went down quickly, etc.

However, the blades seem to spawn wherever the party is and I also get the impression that they follow you... The devils spawned a bunch that killed 3 members of the party, so we moved to what was apparently "the safe spot" and all of a sudden blades spawned on top of us again along with the 2nd wave of devils and only a couple of monks survived as they were able to use their monkey powers and swing away quickly.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:12am
Print Post  
I visually confirmed what I read earlier; the Barbazu turn into the blades when they die.  Sort of a matter of putting them in the right position and you should be golden, as far as I could see.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #14 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:18am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:12am:
I visually confirmed what I read earlier; the Barbazu turn into the blades when they die.  Sort of a matter of putting them in the right position and you should be golden, as far as I could see. 

Ahh, they used to spawn differently so we would pile up on the far end and never worry about them.  It has been so long since I cared about blades (roughly three weeks after shroud release ~ it has been a long time so give or take a week) that I would not have noticed any changes.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #15 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Norm doesn't seem so bad (Was in Oaks run earlier on my bard).

Runs will probably need someone to call for people to get out of the blades, but you kinda needed someone to do a little organising in part 2 even before this.

Hard/Elite seems rough from what I've read.  Don't really have a problem with that tho.  As long as Normal isn't stupid, people can still do casualish type runs when they don't want the hassle of srs bzns.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #16 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Calvet wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:50am:
Norm doesn't seem so bad (Was in Oaks run earlier on my bard).

Runs will probably need someone to call for people to get out of the blades, but you kinda needed someone to do a little organising in part 2 even before this.

Hard/Elite seems rough from what I've read.  Don't really have a problem with that tho.  As long as Normal isn't stupid, people can still do casualish type runs when they don't want the hassle of srs bzns.

200 HP wonders are going to be dead meat, tho.

Quote:

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #17 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:51am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:42am:

No different then it has ever been since they screwed ac over.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #18 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:02am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:51am:
No different then it has ever been since they screwed ac over.

True but this time they swept up the Drow casters who used to be able to hide in the corner.   My 450 HP cleric got chased by blades and was dead before I could say boo.

Nothingtoseehere wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:11am:
I also get the impression that they follow you

We were pretty sure they were.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:03am by Eladiun »  

Quote:

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 7:42am:

I try not to be Elitist, but 200hp toons should be mince meat in there to be fair.

We had a cleric who had 250sih (Can't remember the exact hp but around there).

That toon did die somewhere, but I don't think it was part4 (Someone with a lot more hp died tho).

First life toons who don't have ubarz gear will still be ok on norm.  A full party of first lifers with no real gear would probably struggle, but most shroud PUGs are at least 8 toons that have been capped a while with the last few spots for the not so geared etc.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:02am:
My 450 HP cleric got chased by blades and was dead before I could say boo.

Find the psionic moving them around and kill it.  Problem solved.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:20am
Print Post  
The blades hit my 750+ HP Pally in the no-no spot very, very hard...

The Part 3 Blades are bad, but you can sort of time those door-to-door, especially if on a slow-moving toon like my pally.

The Part 4 Blades just from the devil spawns are a real killer...wiped over half the party on elite the first time.  Second time, on hard, wiped all but 2 folks who somehow got us through.

Part 5, on hard, wasn't too bad at all.  The real bottle-neck here is Part 4...bring some Band-Aids folks.

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #22 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Did all three devil raids on Elite last night and eChrono.

Post U12, Elite Shroud was BY FAR the hardest.

That just ain't right.

The blades have gotta get nerfed.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #23 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:50am:
The blades have gotta get nerfed.

I just sent this PM to one of the turbine guys that come to the Vault.

New Elite Shroud

You guys listened to us! It isn't just a 50 brazzilion hp mob that takes 20 mins to beat down.  FREAKING AWESOME! First impressions are you guys may have over did it with the blades. It feels like there isn't any way to mitigate them, but I have only ran it twice, so I am withholding final judgement. The strafing runs are funny as hell, the one time I wasn't dead in pt 4. Tongue

I ran one challenge. I like the idea behind it, but maybe I missed something. It wasn't very linear. It was the one you put crests in the doors. I did get my ass kicked by some traps in there. I really, really like that they don't appear to be very long.

Anyway, I was going to post something on the other forums, but there are 4678125467 posts already. If you could pass the word on, I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2011 at 9:15am by stainer »  

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 9:44am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 9:15am:
I just sent this PM to one of the turbine guys that come to the Vault.

New Elite Shroud

You guys listened to us! It isn't just a 50 brazzilion hp mob that takes 20 mins to beat down.  FREAKING AWESOME! First impressions are you guys may have over did it with the blades. It feels like there isn't any way to mitigate them, but I have only ran it twice, so I am withholding final judgement. The strafing runs are funny as hell, the one time I wasn't dead in pt 4. Tongue

I ran one challenge. I like the idea behind it, but maybe I missed something. It wasn't very linear. It was the one you put crests in the doors. I did get my ass kicked by some traps in there. I really, really like that they don't appear to be very long.

Anyway, I was going to post something on the other forums, but there are 4678125467 posts already. If you could pass the word on, I'd appreciate it.

Let me know how that comes out.

It's with no sarcasm whatsoever that I say it'd be good to know some extra feedback is getting through, instead of the impression given lately that folks have gotten locked into a echo-chamber and need a nuke to help em get back out.

Despite the venting over here, I do prefer a civil conversation. Matter of fact, that's half the reason I let it out here, not there (Ok... Mostly).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint