Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Elite Shroud (Read 16541 times)
Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Elite Shroud
Reply #25 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:12am:
I visually confirmed what I read earlier; the Barbazu turn into the blades when they die.  Sort of a matter of putting them in the right position and you should be golden, as far as I could see. 

The Bearded Devils have always turned into blades when they die. It's just that people are noticing it now.

Honestly, I LIKE the fact they upped the damage to the blades. Shroud is fun again.

Ran an Elite Shroud last night and we wiped on Part 4 like everyone else but a Cleric, two other melees and I on my Dark Monk (Mountain Stance for the 20% reduction in Physical Damage) made it through 5 or 6 passes before we decided to call it because of the amount of resources the Cleric was going through. We recalled out or /deathed or died fighting, reformed and did a Normal Shroud with no issues. In fact, we didn't have to pull out of the blades at all in Part 4. Part 5 was a piece of cake.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:15am by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #26 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Quote:
Despite the venting over here, I do prefer a civil conversation. Matter of fact, that's half the reason I let it out here, not there (Ok... Mostly).

They frequent our forum for a reason.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:26am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:13am:
They frequent our forum for a reason.

It is because of me.  I am a sexy man beast.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:26am:
It is because of me.  I am a sexy man beast.

I thought it was the cheap shoes...

Ok, to be serious for a sec, the blades aren't that bad if you're paying attention and can get out of the way and go self-heal a bit.

Problem is, not enough ramp up in damage from when you start getting beaten up, to determining what direction it's coming from, to pushing through the other side or darting away (Counter-intuitive as it sounds, due to the way the hibox interacts, you actually take fewer procs running into the blades than away, unless you're right at the edge there.)

Maybe a multiplier based on penetration percentage if they really want to throw out PnP, or a save or somethin for the initial tick to give folks a warning that standing there with your thumb up your ass would be stupid.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:37am by »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #29 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Not really, they are just like DQ blades just different grapgics and the pattern isn't set in stone.

I am sure some of them knew to run through em instead of away.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2011 at 10:40am by Epoch »  

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #30 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:14am
Print Post  
I forgot to add. -

On my completed hard run I got 6 smalls, 2 meds ingredients and an impressive trophy as my reward list. They need to take small and mediums off the list completely. I would rather have a randomly generated weapon.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #31 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:20am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:14am:
I forgot to add. -

On my completed hard run I got 6 smalls, 2 meds ingredients and an impressive trophy as my reward list. They need to take small and mediums off the list completely. I would rather have a randomly generated weapon.

You know what you can have on your rewards list?

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #32 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:20am:
You know what you can have on your rewards list?

Your small nuts are not a good substitute.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

DooshCanoe
Waterworks Kobold

team killing f-tard

Reply #33 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:24am
Print Post  
We split into 2 groups in part 4. 

One group with healer in West, one group with healer in East.  I noticed the blades hitting harder, but with the groupings split, it didn't seem rediculously more so honestly.

Good caster to mass hold/wail them and head on in for Harry beating as usual.

We did have the melees/myself on my FvS pull out of the blades and went for the 2nd round to guarantee mana for healing.  We had pretty well geared DPS in the group and 3 casters who knew what they were about.

Part 5 had a handful of close calls, but all in all not horribly different from a regular elite run imho.

Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #34 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:27am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:23am:
Your small nuts are not a good substitute.

They will be replaced with the large variety, according to the friendly man in the e-mail.

-Waters

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #35 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:27am
Print Post  
It's the wail that dropped us.  4 sets of blades hitting twice almost immediately.  So 700+ points of damage almost instantly.  Do not bunch up.  Do not kill all at once.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Yah we fucking ate shit in Elite Shroud last night.  I think we had 2 left standing when Harry dropped.  We left to have a redo on hard since we had someone under 20 with a streak going and hadn't run Shroud yet.  Hard was better, but those fucking blades are srs bzns.  It didn't help that I was half tabbed out watching LIKE MAH STATUS and giggling when Oak would quote it.

Before going in on the second run, Stainer said, "I hope to see Harry drop this time."  Grin

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #37 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Quote:
Yah we fucking ate shit in Elite Shroud last night.  I think we had 2 left standing when Harry dropped.  We left to have a redo on hard since we had someone under 20 with a streak going and hadn't run Shroud yet.  Hard was better, but those fucking blades are srs bzns.  It didn't help that I was half tabbed out watching LIKE MAH STATUS and giggling when Oak would quote it.

Before going in on the second run, Stainer said, "I hope to see Harry drop this time."  Grin

I am now serious about making HP items for my healers. That was always a "when I get the time" thing. I have the time now.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #38 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:27am:
It's the wail that dropped us.  4 sets of blades hitting twice almost immediately.  So 700+ points of damage almost instantly.  Do not bunch up.  Do not kill all at once.

That's very good to know for when I take my PM in there.  I typically Wail/CoD the devils at the start of part 4.  Sounds like we'll need to use a bit of tactics instead.  Oh noes!

-Waters

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #39 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:29am:
That's very good to know for when I take my PM in there.  I typically Wail/CoD the devils at the start of part 4.  Sounds like we'll need to use a bit of tactics instead.  Oh noes!

Exactly, it's a separate and finger.  It may take a few minutes to get to Harry now.  DOOM!!!!

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Maybe separate and then mass hold?  Someone brought up dragging shit to the middle, but now Harry does cometfalls from above so I'm not sure that would work either.

I had a blastie in there and it made me think of all the times we failed Shroud when it first came out, but had an awesome time doing it.  I look forward to seeing the strategies that are born from this update.

OMG and someone get Oak to get in here and tell the battered women joke.  I think Stainer popped something.

IP Logged

biggin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
We completed our Elite Shroud, and honestly it feels like the devs listened for once. Yes, we got shocked in Part 4 but pulled it through in 3 rounds (we had 4 FVS). What was awesome was I pulled 3 LDS between 4 and 5 and a Pure Shavarath Iron in my end rewards list (everything else was smalls and meds). It isn't a LDS pinata anymore, but at least the rewards matched the challenge.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #42 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:39am
Print Post  
Quote:
OMG and someone get Oak to get in here and tell the battered women joke.  I think Stainer popped something.

The sounds he was making were not those made by a healthy man.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #43 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Maybe separate and then mass hold?  Someone brought up dragging shit to the middle, but now Harry does cometfalls from above so I'm not sure that would work either.

I had a blastie in there and it made me think of all the times we failed Shroud when it first came out, but had an awesome time doing it.  I look forward to seeing the strategies that are born from this update.

That was funny as hell. I just started gasping again.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #44 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:29am:
I am now serious about making HP items for my healers. That was always a "when I get the time" thing. I have the time now.

LoB and MA both require healers can take a hit, particularly on hard or tougher.  I'm glad to see more raids with no "stay out of melee range and spam healz" safe spots.  Hound, VoD, eVon6, eChrono, and ToD are lame this way.  The healer can easily stay out of harm's way for 90% of the fight.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #45 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
biggin wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:39am:
We completed our Elite Shroud, and honestly it feels like the devs listened for once. Yes, we got shocked in Part 4 but pulled it through in 3 rounds (we had 4 FVS). What was awesome was I pulled 3 LDS between 4 and 5 and a Pure Shavarath Iron in my end rewards list (everything else was smalls and meds). It isn't a LDS pinata anymore, but at least the rewards matched the challenge.

Ran an elite Hound today and an elite Shroud.  Both had 4 healers.  ToD and MA regularly run with 3 healers, especially on higher difficulties.

I thought everyone was refusing to run their healers in end game raids.  What gives?  I'm seeing the traditional 2 healers, 1 bard, 1-2 casters and 7-8 DPS raid group getting tossed to shit recently.  (Yesterday in particular).

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #46 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
biggin wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:39am:

We had just my FVS and Stainer on his cleric, nuff said.  He told me to stand in his aura and that would keep us healed while the melee beat on Harry Roll Eyes

Def gonna need to take more than 2 hjeals in for elite in the future and they prolly should not stand on the same piece of real estate when the cuisinarts of death start spinning by.

The extra cheddar in part 5 after completing on hard was nice and it was cool that the bonus chest dropped ingred's.  Did not notice any blades spawning sooner (per release notes) and things went as they always did in the past.  Would have been nice if my end reward list had something other than 7 small ingreds and a med bone..........

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #47 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
I never complain when you give me your medium bone, Jaxx.

Yah, like Jaxx said, part 5 is a cakewalk compared to 4.  Same old turn on auto attack and hit your skills as they cool down shit.  ETA: Except when you're dancing and can't hit said skills.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:28pm by »  

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #48 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:24pm:
We had just my FVS and Stainer on his cleric, nuff said.  He told me to stand in his aura and that would keep us healed while the melee beat on Harry Roll Eyes

Def gonna need to take more than 2 hjeals in for elite in the future and they prolly should not stand on the same piece of real estate when the cuisinarts of death start spinning by.

The extra cheddar in part 5 after completing on hard was nice and it was cool that the bonus chest dropped ingred's.  Did not notice any blades spawning sooner (per release notes) and things went as they always did in the past.  Would have been nice if my end reward list had something other than 7 small ingreds and a med bone..........

My thoughts on a tactic for pt 4. -

Disco Ball and web in one spot.
Send a meat bag out to bring the mobs into the the CC.
Arcanes, rangers, divines with dots pwn the held monsters at a distance.
Assign a divine to focus on healing this part.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #49 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 8:13am:
Find the psionic moving them around and kill it.  Problem solved.

Might have to change your sig from Tarrant to Eladrin for that man  Tongue (just kidding Eladrin)

I ran a pug Elite Shroud last night it was well made and organized and I ended being the last one alive (full health and a DDoor for dignity's sake...no one likes to clean the blood piss and shit out of their armor after a total party wipe after all  Cheesy). Strategy is back! I love that the blades hit like a truck and that strategy is required again in one of the best raids going.

It will have to be run the old ways on Elite and is going to take some time and 4-6 rounds of careful play to survive. Sorry for the con is a dumpstat clerics and Clonks who have to look at the ground to stop from lagging out... you will die  - go buy a new computer or prepare to get your ingredients from the AH.

Less than 500 hp is now a death wish sorry drow/elfs you dont have to die in a fire, you will die a pile of goo the looks like "vince" slap chopped the fuck out of you instead.

All I will say for strategy is:

Remember those pretty blue glowing rings that used to cause auto-crit? They are your friends

Silverflame favor a pain to grind? Not anymore hello Catacombs adventure pack!

Vorpals for the Gnolls is passe? Nope now its Chic

Self Sufficiency gimps DPS? Not as much as watching from the penalty box!

I pretty much agree with Stainers message. Love the new adventures and changes to the raids (because I am in a good guild and play with good players) like the tweeks to the UI and stuff (the Art Dept guy needs to do something...), like the bank deposit 50k is enough for me, I have one bank toon sugar daddy who doles out the cash in incrimaments similar (only people making large purchases anonymously need larger deposits... dont be an ass and you can use a main to buy/sell stuff), ABSOLUTELY HATE THAT ALL MY OLD REAVER AND ABBOT LOOT IS NOT UPGRADEABLE... the Reaver can fuck himself in the ear with Blades from the Shroud, I refuse to regrind just to get striding 30 and +2 more dex on my boots, Abbot will be run only because some guildies on Paladins want litanies and I am used to old schooling the ice wand part... btw Evasion on the Abbot is cheap after the fact unless you add a ring of evasion to the loot tables, just saying. All in all the new content gets a B+ besides the no retro upgrades.

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint