Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Elite Shroud (Read 16540 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Re: Elite Shroud
Reply #75 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Question, when the devils die and the blades spawn from them is it a momentary spawn, or do they hang around?

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #76 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Question, when the devils die and the blades spawn from them is it a momentary spawn, or do they hang around?

They hang around.  They spawn as soon as the devil drops and you are all of a sudden in an OJ Simpson nightmare.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #77 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:28pm
Print Post  
They hang around for a bit, fuck your shit up, then go afk while circling for a few until Harry comes down.

Least that's how it's looked to me.

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #78 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
"Nimrisr is not a fan of Oak!"
"That's Zippo's alt."

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #79 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
TY for da 411

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #80 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Osharan Tregarth wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:21pm:
Heh.  The funny thing about the Ishy vs fake ishy thing, is that I tried for YEARS to convince my guildies to call me Osh instead of Ish.  Somehow, it just never stuck.

Some of them have wised up and gone with 'sharon, but that's about the limit.  Although others have been going with Ysh, which doesn't help since it sounds just like Ish anyway.

And then there's the small subset that just go with Tregarth, or AUM scum.  (I'm looking at you Alex!)

Sigh...

Its funny how we have these weird nicknames that so many people use. I answer to Jon now out of habit even though for the most part we use rl names in AoK vent. I dont even really play my Jondallar character anymore and i renamed one JonnyDrama And Jdollar but they are basically mules. It sounds really funny when guys call me Sasi or Hawtty!

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #81 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
i don't get the dps shit slowly.

last night (hard) i went in told arcanes to put up 2 disco balls.

stood in first, adds zoned in, group ran to second discoball.

1 circle of death, 1 finger and 2 destructions later, we waited for second wave to spawn, ran back to first discoball and repeated.

maybe i was spoiled with 2 arcanes and 3 fvs, but trash didn't drop too much slower and the blades weren't a problem till the end of round 1.

Going to go back in tonight with an artificer and see if his reduce damage orb thingy mitigates blade damage, failing that i've gotta come up with an idiot proof exit strategy cause melee dropped like flies when escaping.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #82 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 2:32pm:
Its funny how we have these weird nicknames that so many people use. I answer to Jon now out of habit even though for the most part we use rl names in AoK vent. I dont even really play my Jondallar character anymore and i renamed one JonnyDrama And Jdollar but they are basically mules. It sounds really funny when guys call me Sasi or Hawtty!

I love it when you show your soft side and call me Cumdumpster.  Grin
COME BACK TO KHYBER.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #83 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 11:23am:
Your small nuts are not a good substitute.

...I'm out of toppies, so you get an lol instead.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #84 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm:
...I'm out of toppies, so you get an lol instead.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #85 - Nov 10th, 2011 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 4:11pm:

Yay for restocking!

Scupperer wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 12:49pm:
And by slow I mean FUCKING SLOW.

DOTs. Throw more DOTs.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Feldspaar
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Nov 11th, 2011 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 3:05pm:

1 circle of death, 1 finger and 2 destructions later, we waited for second wave to spawn, ran back to first discoball and repeated.

maybe i was spoiled with 2 arcanes and 3 fvs, but trash didn't drop too much slower and the blades weren't a problem till the end of round 1.

Going to go back in tonight with an artificer and see if his reduce damage orb thingy mitigates blade damage, failing that i've gotta come up with an idiot proof exit strategy cause melee dropped like flies when escaping.

lurk moar

IP Logged

Cabocleer
Korthos Resident

Um, yeah, whatever.

Reply #87 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
JDollar wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Agreed. Once new tactics are devised as the "standard" and everyone knows the drill. The majority of groups that will wipe do to latency running on elite will also esily beable to reform and regroup and get to that point again within 10 15 minutes. We see that in botched raids all the time, thank goodness this isnt the Twilight Forge where there just isnt anyway to speed things up. In fact twilight forge is worse now that you cant just have 1 or 2 people clear the preraid and death run through the hallways. This is another annoying raid that will be run even less... how are those Soaring Isles packs selling I wonder?

Was Titan changed in someway? I don't think I noticed anything new on Wednesday

Making it weirder for some time now.

IP Logged

Madcow430
Shroud Slacker

I have Mad Cow Disease

Reply #88 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 1:30am
Print Post  

I've been pretty convinced that crowd controlling them,     ( heightened web then mass hold) and letting the group pick them off one at a time is the way to go.  You can still wail or circle of death them, as long as the rest of the party isn't in the immediate vicinity.  The blades that home in on you tend to go after the person generating the most threat.  Generally that's the cleaving barb or haste boosted melee.  That person then runs into the middle with the other melee.  Blades follow them there and goodbye most if not all of the melee group.

Holding them offers the opportunity to pick of the barbazu one at a time.  Or, if the party gets the hell back, has all blades coming at a caster or ranged toon who is not moving into the melee group or near the raid healers.

What's interesting is that I see a whole new possibility for griefing groups by taking out the barbazu en masse then moving torward the party.  I wouldn't be surprised to see this in the future.

As far as the ring of blades, the gap is more than enough to step through without getting hit.  One can start out close to Arry and move away through the gap.  Having all of the folks in melee range move the same direction at the call (typically 7 o'clock) allows a single mass cure or heal to keep everyone good.

High dps groups will still one round him.  Worse scenario seems to be two rounds in a mediocre dps group.  Archers can hug the wall with a fireshield on and never get hit at all...

IP Logged

Kits
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 11:00am
Print Post  

The damage ball should work, it is supposed to reduce all dam 25%. But it is 1 person only and has a 180sec cooldown.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #90 - Nov 14th, 2011 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Kits wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 11:00am:
The damage ball should work, it is supposed to reduce all dam 25%. But it is 1 person only and has a 180sec cooldown.

It does work, 2 round hard shroud, follow the big blue orb, was fairly idiot proof and was easy to heal through

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #91 - Nov 17th, 2011 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 10th, 2011 at 6:12am:
I visually confirmed what I read earlier; the Barbazu turn into the blades when they die.

This has always been the case, unless they took those blades out sometime in the last 9 months.  Perhaps people just didn't notice them because they were pussy blades then.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint