Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Weapon rebalancing? Epic / Greensteel / Cannith (Read 17235 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Weapon rebalancing? Epic / Greensteel / Cannith
Reply #25 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 12:11am:

He's right though.  Do melees in any form need a nerf right now?
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:40am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:49am
Print Post  
I love how he slipped "cunting" in there. I might have to try that sometime.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #27 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Quote:
I love how he slipped "cunting" in there. I might have to try that sometime.

If the rest of his posts in that thread are anything to go by, he appears to be raging so hard that spelling and grammar have gone out the window. (Or perhaps they aren't getting the full double effect from deadly weapons, I can't keep up)

We're cunting on him though.

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:14am
Print Post  
Exactly! As long as your post is full of rage and spelling errors, you can use any words you like.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #29 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
We should ALL change our sigs to quote Axer saying "Cunting."  I'd do it if I weren't on double-secret probation

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 9:38am:
He's right though.  Do melees in any form need a nerf right now?

I dunno. I kinda get the impression the all over the map stats is what keeps getting things cock-blocked in the first place. Both offensive and defensive.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 11:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
I dunno. I kinda get the impression the all over the map stats is what keeps getting things cock-blocked in the first place. Both offensive and defensive.

Yeah, the simpler you make the stat progression the easier it would be to make changes to the system.  Otherwise you get a lot of unforeseen consequences to changes.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:33am:
We should ALL change our sigs to quote Axer saying "Cunting."  I'd do it if I weren't on double-secret probation

On it. I don't go on there much anyhow.

Also, wtf? Axer doesn't think any 1  handers can compete with the eSoS?

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:33am:

Edit: Done.

Also, wtf? Axer doesn't think any 1  handers can compete with the eSoS

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #34 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Edit: Done.

Also, wtf? Axer doesn't think any 1  handers can compete with the eSoS

Epic Chimera's Fang wielded by a high-strengthed human with all 3 Sentinel Dragonmarks would certainly be the highest DPS weapon for a sword and board toon.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

NytCrawlr
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Nov 14th, 2011 at 4:45pm:
If the ESoS "fix" goes into game as is and causes Axer to rage quit again for another 12 months, I am all for the changes!

This should be popcorn worthy. Not that I have had reason to dislike Axer yet. One of these days I will join his LFM and see what all the fuss is about.

I'm for a khopesh nerf too, but then again I wouldn't mind the PnP version either.

IP Logged

NytCrawlr
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 3:38pm:
Epic Chimera's Fang wielded by a high-strengthed human with all 3 Sentinel Dragonmarks would certainly be the highest DPS weapon for a sword and board toon.

Yup! Building Nyess into one. Got the shard, just needs the other two. Almost got a completed epic chimera's crown too, just need the seal.

But yeah, looking over this more, not sure why they are going this route other than to not make the eSoS even more powerful.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm for a khopesh nerf too, but then again I wouldn't mind the PnP version either.

It really would need to be modified for utility. +2 on trip when wielding one specific weapon-type for a feat is fine in d20. They've blown that away pretty bad with the inflation. And that's not even accounting for the rednamed immunities issue. Kinda why I suggested knock-down on vorpal, hamstring on rednamed. Same general defensive buff, since on your ass is doing zero damage, but they would need something applicable when push comes to shove.

Or, they could, y'know, make trash something more than mobile scenery.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #38 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 3:38am
Print Post  
Personally, I would still like to see khopesh nerfed to “Only gets a x3 crit multiplier on a natural 19-20” or “Has the same threat range as a Scimitar/Rapier”.  Toss in a slightly higher base damage (2d4 for a standard khopesh) and call it a day.

Why?  All the exotic weapons are basically other weapons with an increased damage die.  (ex. Bastard Sword is just a higher die Longsword.  Dwarven Axe is a higher base damage Battleaxe.)  Adjusting the crit profile and base damage just makes the khopesh into a funky scimitar.

However, if they nerfed it in this way Bastard Swords/Dwarven Axes would have to lose the benefits that they gain with the THF feats.

And… the devs would have to do something to allow players to transfer greensteel enchantments to a different weapon type.  I was only willing to build my rogue around khopeshes because of the big benefits to a human.  Lose that and I'd rather be piercing specced.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #39 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Quote:
It really would need to be modified for utility. +2 on trip when wielding one specific weapon-type for a feat is fine in d20. They've blown that away pretty bad with the inflation. And that's not even accounting for the rednamed immunities issue. Kinda why I suggested knock-down on vorpal, hamstring on rednamed. Same general defensive buff, since on your ass is doing zero damage, but they would need something applicable when push comes to shove.

Or, they could, y'know, make trash something more than mobile scenery.

By fine you mean completely worthless right?

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

scraap
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:23am:
By fine you mean completely worthless right?

Worth less than some other feats, perhaps, but 10% success on top of improved trip to put you on the dice and keep you there, in order to ditch their attack and defense on down 20% (Again, we're talking things on the dice here.) aint total shit.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
First of all, Shade's head asploded in the thread now.  If you're not banned, make sure to post reasonable rebuttals just to watch him go supernova. Smiley

As for khopeshes I think they'd be fine with the following:
19-20x2 crit, 20x3 (total profile of 3 or 6 w/ iCrit), +2 exceptional vertigo, trip w/ dc scaling to either normal trip dc/level of weapon/no dc at all on a vorpal strike.  So you're spending the feat on +2 exceptional vertigo and the vorpal trip mechanic.

One additional thought is that rather than giving the +2 exceptional vertigo you could give the Improved Trip feat if the person didn't have it and +2 exceptional vertigo if they did.  That would be a bigger buff than just +2 exceptional vertigo and make the khopesh feat even better but would require the person to use a khopesh to benefit from the improved trip (unlike the feat where they could swap to whatever).

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #42 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:24am
Print Post  
You know what they could do? Fix bugs.  THEN worry about everything else.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #43 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Quote:

Eladrin did say that no one really wants a longsword with +2 to trip so I don't think kopesh will be changed to PnP.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #44 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:24am:
You know what they could do? Fix bugs.  THEN worry about everything else.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

NotMyDDOName
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 12:11am:

They haven't revised his use of CUNTING in the post yet.

IP Logged

NytCrawlr
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:20am:
First of all, Shade's head asploded in the thread now.  If you're not banned, make sure to post reasonable rebuttals just to watch him go supernova.

He so reminds me sometimes of one of the ultra power-gaming players I had in my group many moons ago.

This was popcorn worthy, thanks.

One additional thought is that rather than giving the +2 exceptional vertigo you could give the Improved Trip feat if the person didn't have it and +2 exceptional vertigo if they did.  That would be a bigger buff than just +2 exceptional vertigo and make the khopesh feat even better but would require the person to use a khopesh to benefit from the improved trip (unlike the feat where they could swap to whatever).

I think the +2 exceptional vertigo is fine by itself really along with a 20/x3 crit profile. With epic slots increasing this to +3 or even +4 or something similar.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:49am by »  

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #47 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Worth less than some other feats, perhaps, but 10% success on top of improved trip to put you on the dice and keep you there, in order to ditch their attack and defense on down 20% (Again, we're talking things on the dice here.) aint total shit.

Improved Trip is double that, and other benefits. No one is going to waste a feat on a weapon for +2. Especially since any tripper is already using a feat on an exotic weapon. It's called a spiked chain (and in DDO, there's no spiked chains, but it's also easy to get a DC fuck off trip check). Especially since it's a one handed weapon, which is total shit in D&D and only isn't total shit in DDO because everything's slower and there's no chargers.

Fuck Off wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:39am:
Eladrin did say that no one really wants a longsword with +2 to trip so I don't think kopesh will be changed to PnP.

He's right.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
First of all, Shade's head asploded in the thread now.  If you're not banned, make sure to post reasonable rebuttals just to watch him go supernova. Smiley

As tempting as that is, I already have his use of Cunting quoted. Don't need to draw more attention to myself atm.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #49 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As tempting as that is, I already have his use of Cunting quoted. Don't need to draw more attention to myself atm.

We were all cunting on you!

Tongue

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint