Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shroud healing (Read 5860 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Shroud healing
Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:01am
Print Post  
I am sure others figured it out quick, but I am slow and was getting my ass handed to me in part 4. What I do now is after trash is dropped, move towards the center, about 1/2 was between Harry and where the blades start spinning. When the blades get close, I back through them. Much more successful.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Re: Shroud healing
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Been doing that on every run since my first after the update.  Only once has it failed me, and that's because I was too drunk to run the right direction.

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:18am
Print Post  
On that run last night, I just went in to the center to mass heal on the main tank and DP Harry.  When the main tank made the call to pull away, I just hit leap of faith to safety. 

I'll take his DBF or Meteor Swarm any time over the blades now.  Now if we could just coordinate the direction everyone withdrew from the middle we'd cut the number of deaths to near zero.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
I think we will experience a death or three in part 4 going forward.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
There's even a gap between the two ends of the circle of blades and if you time it carefully you can avoid the blades altogether.  It's one of the few times I play looking straight ahead (as opposed to from slightly overhead) as you can see the blades pass between your character and the "camera" and the gap is easier to notice (for me anyway)

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:18am:
Now if we could just coordinate the direction everyone withdrew from the middle we'd cut the number of deaths to near zero. 

You need to coordinate where they all run to before you jump in.  I usually tell them to head straight to the load in point, as everyone knows where that is, and they know where it is in relation to where they are without thinking about it.  Tell them to run to a clock point and sometimes people will get confused on directionality.  Tell them to run to the load in point and they know where to go.  So tell them to run to the load in point, and then go to where the healers are.  Then spread out a little for his DBFs & MSs.  Then gather again when he begins his strafing runs.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:27am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:27am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:21am:
You need to coordinate where they all run to before you jump in.  I usually tell them to head straight to the load in point, as everyone knows where that is, and they know where it is in relation to where they are without thinking about it.  Then spread out a little for his DBFs & MSs.  Then gather again when he begins his strafing runs.

Hey, don't go stompin my Johnson on this one m'kayyy!

Not only did Stainer have the star, but he had a blood alcohol content of .25 from the box of cabernet sauvignon he was working.  He had enough issues with letting everyone know he wanted folks up in the NE in part 2 and there was NO chance he was going to pull off a coordinated retreat from the blades. 

Being the good guildie I am, I just sat back and listened Cool

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:27am:
Being the good guildie I am, I just sat back and listened Cool

I bet it mostly sounded like this "mmmmrrmm, mrrm, FUCKING KILL IT, mrrm".

No one ever says good bye on our runs, and usually someone(s) have dropped group by part 5.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Think last nights run was 1 DC entering the shroud and 1 rage quit over being the guy that did not get the rez in part 4.  To be fair, that last guy was also lawnmowered by the blades in part 3 as he rand a hallway in perfect sync with a set of blades so no big deal.

IP Logged

junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
part 4 shroud was hard to heal when it first came out and its nice to see it go back to that.

the blades have always had a consistent pattern they just didnt matter much before u12. figure the pattern out and it shouldn't be too tough.

ran a hard last night on my SS bard and I was one of the 3 to finish part 4. healers that have no clue wont last very long. set up towards the middle when the trash pops between rounds and move towards the outside as the blades circle in. there is a shrinking gap in the blades that the melees need to time to get out before it closes and as a healer you need to focus on your stongest melee to keep alive. DBFb's once again need to be accounted for. he telegraphs his target. watch for it.

it is no longer a snooze fest that could be done on autopilot. shroud now quickly separates the contenders from the pretenders. i wish they would bring back the part 2 penalty box then we'd really hear alot of people whine.

"boo hoo, shrouds too hard". "i want my easy pike completions on my useless noob toon"."whaaaaa. its too hard". 

sack up people. its a raid that still drops some of the most desireable items in the game. it should be and needs to be difficult. adapt or get out!!!

***my thoughts on the new and improved retro style shroud, nothing more.***

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:36am
Print Post  
junkyarddog wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:34am:
sack up people. its a raid that still drops some of the most desireable items in the game. it should be and needs to be difficult. adapt or get out!!!

I like it when Doc tells it like it is.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #11 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:42am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:32am:
Think last nights run was 1 DC entering the shroud and 1 rage quit over being the guy that did not get the rez in part 4.  To be fair, that last guy was also lawnmowered by the blades in part 3 as he rand a hallway in perfect sync with a set of blades so no big deal.

Well to be fair, you can rez multiple people after p4, but no one ever does.
Quickened Raise Dead, then Quickened Resurrection (which is on a different timer), then Quickened True Res or a scroll (which is on a different timer still).  You can get up three people if you're quick enough.  Two if you're using a scroll & a clicky (but you have to be REALLY fast in this case).

Hell, I've accepted a Rez and then raised two more people on my own before the stones got pulled back.  You just have to be fast.

The problem isn't that it can't be done.  The problem is that no one ever tries.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:44am by Cale »  

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #12 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:42am:
Quickened Raise Dead, then Quickened Resurrection (which is on a different timer), then Quickened True Res or a scroll (which is on a different timer still).  You can get up three people if you're quick enough.  Two if you're using a scroll & a clicky (but you have to be REALLY fast in this case).

The problem isn't that it can't be done.  The problem is that no one ever tries.

On my FVS, I carry True Ressurection.  If folks plan on commiting mass suicide in a run I'm healing, they better have a plan as I'm raising them one at a time.  Guessing I could go grab a few scrolls.......nah.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #13 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Jaxx wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:47am:
On my FVS, I carry True Ressurection.  If folks plan on commiting mass suicide in a run I'm healing, they better have a plan as I'm raising them one at a time.  Guessing I could go grab a few scrolls.......nah.

On my FvS I just have Res. I have scrolls somewhere, but I can never find them on my hot bar.

Edited:
Woodburning has True res, res, and raise dead. Since he is melee focused and his spells really don't do much.
« Last Edit: Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:51am by stainer »  

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

junkyarddog
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:42am:

Hell, I've accepted a Rez and then raised two more people on my own before the stones got pulled back.  You just have to be fast.

last night was the first time ive had to do a multiple rez on my bard after part 4 shroud in a loooooonnnnggg time. needed a little time to set my hotbar back up for multiple quick rezzes Grin

Badlass, Dysfunctiona TFC: Badlazz, Slyfoxx, Gezer Banned from all guilds..
Ohwell, Supdoc, noname, badlassie, others OMGBIZZY

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #15 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:57am
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:49am:
On my FvS I just have Res. I have scrolls somewhere, but I can never find them on my hot bar.

Edited:
Woodburning has True res, res, and raise dead. Since he is melee focused and his spells really don't do much.

I keep the spell(s) hotkeyed, and I keep a vertical bar next to the party UI where the scrolls are.
I also remapped the F-keys, so I UI target rather than hotkey target.  Using F-keys to target would be even faster (but I only have F1-F4 on my gamepad, so it would be harder for me personally) .

IP Logged

Jaxx
Fleet Admiral

Reply #16 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Cale wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 10:57am:
I keep the spell(s) hotkeyed, and I keep a vertical bar next to the party UI where the scrolls are.
I also remapped the F-keys, so I UI target rather than hotkey target.  Using F-keys to target would be even faster (but I only have F1-F4 on my gamepad, so it would be harder for me personally) .

He tried that once and ended up word of recalling out of a ToD instead of casting Unyielding Sov.  He is old~! Cheesy

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #17 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
I was waiting for someone to bring that up.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Kannyaheals
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Alas, Shroud sounds bloody fun now...squishy sumbitches need not apply! Cheesy Almost makes me wanna restart my sub. Almost.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #19 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:19am
Print Post  
I really like the new Shroud.  Those few times I have run it without awful lag have been really great.  And last night was the first time that I've gone through one and not been one of the last people up, so it makes me feel kinda competent, too.  Tongue 

I think it was having to do both of the 5x5s right before that.  I'm only allowed a certain amount of competence in each quest, and I used it all up before Harry.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
I haven't healed it just due to the lame ass lfm's that have been up on Sarlona.

I've always melee'd, dot'd and mass healed on myself though.

The one time I ran it since u12 on my paly, it was less than a round on him so we didn't care.

IP Logged

Kalatai
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I mentioned casually something about heading to the west to get out of the blades, though at this point, I don't believe direction to matter.  I don't think using the gap in the blades is very feasible due to lag and peoples' inability to listen.  On top of that losing a lot more time DPSing Harry down.  I did notice Stainer hiding behind me from the meteor swarms after getting out of the blades...

That paladin Forcesomething ragequit before we finished part 4.  But him ragequitting because he didn't get a raise sounds better I guess.  He was running around in part 2 trying to agro all the bosses and annoy stainer.

I enjoy shroud more now without the 200hp wonder rogues/casters.  I think they learned quickly after the update came out they need to find a con item.

IP Logged

Kalatai
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Oh...and I think Dresdyn is still waiting on that full set of +3 tomes for the exchange.

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #23 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I believe there was enough of a shit storm when all the discussion on usurping happened that they stopped at officers being able to usurp and did not allow members.

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:15pm
Print Post  
At the start of the week I was curious to try a (successful) Elite Shroud.

We're nearing the end of the week and I'm traumatised by normal on a healer.

Arcanes only in there will I play...I have 3 flagged so that should keep me going for a while...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint