Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Stop, Unplanned, Dorje, Cronan you're my heroes (Read 5414 times)
ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Stop, Unplanned, Dorje, Cronan you're my heroes
Nov 18th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Finally! An elite shroud!

After being traumatised by failed Shrouds all week (on hard????) I asked Stop if he would run one. And the wonderful person is said 'sure!'. Mil also on Croanan even though he hates Shroud was curious, possibly due to my trauma. Quad came along too...

And I convinced Unplanned as my lucky charm (even though he lagged out last time and went down first).

2 clerics, 2 fvs (Unplanned and Stop), an arti, a wiz, couple of rangers, some uber dps. Off we went. Parts 1-3 as usual. And this time I was not as bored frustrated buffing as usual at the end of part 3. We buffed and buffed. Ok... in we go. We'll meet at 7 and kill only one of those damn devils at a time. It was the blades that spin outwards again after they go in that got us. The other cleric first. Next round and me down next on my cleric. Next little bit and there go most dps and Stop. Our arti and another dps fall too.  3rd round and he's down to 20% and we down to Quad my guildie on his wiz, Cronan (Milacias) chugging SF pots on his barb, Dorje the awesome monk and Unplanned on his completionist FvS who had carefully held back on using his sp until last.

Can they make it?  Quad tell us he is out of pots. He's still up though. Unplanned is starting to have to chug a little. Croanan and his awesome healing amp is taking it well. Unplanned must be getting them. Dorje and Unplanned take out the gnolls we hear.

2%!  Will they make it?

Part 4 looks like a greyed out graveyard to us. Scattered soulstones and our ghosts shifting around as we twitch watching healthbars.

Clearing out the gnolls again.

Oh no Croanans down!

Dorje says something liek 'diedre' which I think is like a finnish swearword... or maybe just 'death;? Has Harry died yet!!!

They did it!

Ok part 5... Unplanned doesn't have scrolls and only 1 clickie LOL. Same with Dorje. They get Quad up (go the haste and rage and GH!).

Part 5 will be a walk after that! Cool. Masses, buff, spot heal, buff, buff, buff, spot heal, back and forth, back and forth over the pool.

Ok so we'd heard about the blades coming out of the pool earlier in part 5 so we're kind of ready for that. And we've just experienced in a fairly instructive way how they hurt. But hey, 4 healers, DOTs, uber DPS, this bastard is going DOWN! Unplanned again says he'll heal last. This is wise since last time.

The blades come out. They get a bit snippy. Yeah move Harry closer to the blue wall.

Oooh. Very snippy. A few more down. Loves his DBF too doesn't he?

Rezz, buff buff. Rezz rezz. Ah yeah... watch where you take that rezz... even more blades.

Oh man. There are blades all OVER the room. What's his health at?

Rezz, rezz. Buff, buff, buff. DOT. Oooops... Yeah ta for my *own* rezz there. buff myself, buff myself. mass prot. DOT. Now what's his healt? He's at least going down fast! So much death and rezzing! So many blades, in and out and OUCHY.

DEAD! Yay!!!!!

Wow we did it! Now where's these uber chests.

Hmmmm. Croanan had been saying something about 4LDS. Er, no. My list is full of smalls and mediums - took the 150 renown LOL. Ty Stop! Pots given to various people (oops... better check on Quad - I will get Quad if he's hasn't been got).

Awesome! Done!. Trauma assuaged! Stop to the rescue!. Cool, calm Stop leads the way. Revenants excellnetly represented by Unplanned. And all the other excellent players who came! Ty all Smiley  (No I didn't get a screen shot... I should have of the graveyard part 5.. I rarely see it dead!).

Woot!

10 minutes later I get a tell from Paulo

Paulo: did you remember to get your chests from part 4?
Me: LOL no! oh well.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Re: Stop, Unplanned, Dorje, Cronan you're my heroes
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Sounds like a good time! And Stop is BACK!? OMG!

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Cool Mel, glad you got it done. Sounds like you had a lot more deaths than the one we ran earlier in the week but maybe more fun Smiley

I bet the melees who die first, are those without SF pots Tongue

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Nice!

Any chance you could give me an idea of the large drop rates in the bonus chests?

IP Logged

whothefuckami
Stormreaver Piker

Oppan Gangnam Style

Reply #4 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Quote:
Nice!

Any chance you could give me an idea of the large drop rates in the bonus chests?

50% in the hard/elite one. 100% in the elite only.

So 1.5 per norm run, 2 per H, 3 per E.

Troll account, please ignore

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 3:01am
Print Post  
whothefuckami wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 2:35am:
50% in the hard/elite one. 100% in the elite only.

So 1.5 per norm run, 2 per H, 3 per E.

Thanks!

Though, to be slightly anal about the math, it's actually 1.5/1.75/2.75.

IP Logged

laeris
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Cool story br...

fuck  Cheesy  Tongue

IP Logged

ScaredyCat
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 10:04am
Print Post  
laeris wrote on Nov 19th, 2011 at 5:29am:
Cool story br...

fuck  Cheesy  Tongue

the laconic laerry screws it up again?

hey i was excited! as you haven't been back to check out elite Shroud you can't know. Mil has gone from 'only if i must' to 'let's do elite Shroud after this' - and that speaks volumes.

errrrgh... all the spelling and grammar and typos... oh well... 2am and totally elated we got it done Smiley Cheesy

i really don't think they have the drop rate right still. and the end rewards are a joke. but the change is fun. they're going to have to dumb it down for normal a bit though. we'll see i guess.

IP Logged

Quadrovault
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I approve of this tale!

IP Logged

Roldon
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2011 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Nov 18th, 2011 at 5:16pm:
Cool Mel, glad you got it done. Sounds like you had a lot more deaths than the one we ran earlier in the week but maybe more fun Smiley

I bet the melees who die first, are those without SF pots Tongue

I bet i could die even if i had SF pots... but yeah.. that shroud was good fun...

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 2:31am
Print Post  
See, now I might need to come back and try this out...

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #11 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks!

Though, to be slightly anal about the math, it's actually 1.5/1.75/2.75.

Mathematics aside, you can't pull 75% of a Large Chain. Wouldn't that mean that the % average is a range that only consists of whole numbers?

At least that makes sense to me.

Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 5:23pm:
Mathematics aside, you can't pull 75% of a Large Chain. Wouldn't that mean that the % average is a range that only consists of whole numbers?

Nah, a 1.5 chance just means that you're going to pull 3 every 2 runs, on average.  Or more broken down, it means you are virtually guaranteed one and have a 50% chance of getting the other.  (well, in this case, you are absolutely guaranteed one.  Tongue)

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 5:23pm:

I was wrong, but not for the reasons you have given.

The number of larges you get will be 1.5/2/3, as the person I was mistakenly correcting said. It's because of the chets that have a 50% chance to drop something, you will get an average of 1/2 a large everytime you run, so long as you are looking at a a high number of total runs.

My numbers used the math that would normally be usedto govern the odds of pulling a large instead of how many larges total pulled.

IP Logged

Xenostrata
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Double the posting, double the fun.
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2011 at 5:41pm by »  

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #15 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 11:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I was wrong, but not for the reasons you have given.

The number of larges you get will be 1.5/2/3, as the person I was mistakenly correcting said. It's because of the chets that have a 50% chance to drop something, you will get an average of 1/2 a large everytime you run, so long as you are looking at a a high number of total runs.

My numbers used the math that would normally be usedto govern the odds of pulling a large instead of how many larges total pulled.

Oh man I was so tempted to troll the shit out of you and Oak!

Yea given enough runs it will come out to a whole number...now work out the time it takes on average to do Elite Shroud now vs U10 and which Update would of yielded more larges over 3hours with 6 toons available Smiley

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Nov 20th, 2011 at 11:58pm:
Oh man I was so tempted to troll the shit out of you and Oak!

Yea given enough runs it will come out to a whole number...now work out the time it takes on average to do Elite Shroud now vs U10 and which Update would of yielded more larges over 3hours with 6 toons available Smiley

Yeah, I wasn't going to touch the actual math, but I was pretty sure that the quarters had to be wrong.  Tongue  But the 1.5 was right, at least, and that's what I was addressing.  Tongue Tongue

IP Logged

contan
Dragon Raider

The bane of your existence

Reply #17 - Nov 26th, 2011 at 10:26am
Print Post  
I can see turbine nerfing the blades due to customer feedback.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint