Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is the game dying? (Read 54192 times)
Invelios
VoD Slasher

Re: Is the game dying?
Reply #100 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Cabocleer wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:46am:
Yeah,  he may well have been a third of the forums.  Which seems to be how the doom-trolls are counting.

or you failed your sarcasm check.

damn gimps, fucking reroll.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #101 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:46am:
or you failed your sarcasm check.

damn gimps, fucking reroll.

Just ruin all the fun why don't you.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #102 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:49am:
Just ruin all the fun why don't you.

It's because I care Epoch, this was distracting you from your true calling.

IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #103 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 11:14am
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:50am:
It's because I care Epoch, this was distracting you from your true calling.

You care?  About fucking what?  Your hand in your pants?

IP Logged

DooshCanoe
Waterworks Kobold

team killing f-tard

Reply #104 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
Bah, Sarlona is doing just fine.  On any given night there are at least 3-4 pug LFMs up.

What more can you ask than that?

Light a man a fire, keep him warm for the night.  Light a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #105 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
DooshCanoe wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 1:14pm:
Bah, Sarlona is doing just fine. 

Wat is Sarlona?  A suburb somewhere?

Hey, if you want to play DDO though, try the Khyber server!   Kiss

IP Logged

sephiroth1084
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #106 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Shammy, I think it has a lot to do with Bravery as well. Where before vets could put up LFMs for N, H, E runs while leveling, possibly dropping or sorting out the group between runs as they see who can carry their weight and who can't, not many players are doing elite runs at-level, rather than 1 or 2 levels over elite, and everyone wants in on those runs for the XP, even if they aren't ready to be tackling that content. LFM and get XP drains and time wasters or shortman/guild/channel/friend run with known entities and have a smoother, more productive outing.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #107 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 12:19pm:
With my waning interest in the game in general, U12 was just the final nudge to stop. They say it takes 30 days to make a new habit or break an old one. I'm about two-thirds of the way to breaking my DDO habit, and frankly am not too sad about it. The game has been increasingly one that I find frustrating to play, and I've been coasting on the memories of what the game used to be, and the pleasure of the people I know in-game. But, the fumes of good-will have all dissipated, and I fucking hate the endless layers of grind the Devs have heaped on the game in the past few years. Maybe those layers have always been there, and I've just woken up to them... who knows?

That's where I was when I finally got sick of running Shroud over and over back in the day. I took a ~14mth break and I'm now enjoying it again (well I was bar a few recent hiccups). A break, a proper break, can be a great thing. Enjoy Smiley

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #108 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:06am:
It was like 4 whole posts and a pm!  DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD THAT WAS FOR ME????

lol. aww :pat pat: i'm sure alcohol and flames will cure that, epoch.

Does a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac stay up all night contemplating the existence of a dog?

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #109 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Dragonne wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:18pm:
lol. aww :pat pat: i'm sure alcohol and flames will cure that, epoch.

Or flaming alchohol.

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #110 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Ahh a Molotov cocktail lit and twirling in the air is a wonderful sight to behold.

Does a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac stay up all night contemplating the existence of a dog?

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #111 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 12:02pm:
The Picture Portals quests are a lot of fun.  If there were more like that and less stupid kobold AI the challenges would be a lot better.  Right now they are just alright.

I tend to agree, I like the challenges, we roll D100 and pick what we wanna do (be it epic or regular/ favor or ingredient runs and space in a few regular epic/ favor quests and the u12 is fine, better in fact than u11 which I have found mostly  all shiny to run once but boring and frustrating every run afterwards. If the kobold pathing/ AI issues are tweaked it will be better, also a couple quests need some shrines... 20 mins in Dragon Hoard  with no shrines is just too blatant a grab at mana potion sales. After the initial mad dash to get the first itemms made, I have settled into a comfortable no pots needed ( usually) with a lesser pay out of ingredients run that is sustainable to make the 3 essential items I want  and myriad of toys I am interested in. The trouble for my guild has been treating the challenges like events that are only out a limited time when in reality they are here for good so we don't need to cram all our play time into a week or chug stacks of pots for 75 more  epic goblets a run. All in all u12 was better and more enjoyable for me personally than u11 even though u11 was bigger in content... I would rather grind calomel than alchemical weapons any day.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:55pm by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #112 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Dragonne wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:23pm:
Ahh a Molotov cocktail lit and twirling in the air is a wonderful sight to behold.

I was thinking of Flaming Assholes, but that works too.

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #113 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
lol. Ever seen or done a Dance of the Flaming Arsehole?

Lots of alcohol + rolled up newspaper wedged into an arse.

Wriggle wriggle and try not to forget the slowly burning down bunch of papers stuck firmly in your butt.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #114 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Dragonne wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 5:23pm:
lol. Ever seen or done a Dance of the Flaming Arsehole?

Lots of alcohol + rolled up newspaper wedged into an arse.

Wriggle wriggle and try not to forget the slowly burning down bunch of papers stuck firmly in your butt.  Cheesy

I try to limit my crazy to things like jumping out of perfectly good aircraft.

Fire in the general area of my genitalia, especially when drunk, is definitely off the list.

IP Logged

aurora1979
Waterworks Kobold

A Toppie a day keeps the
frownies away

Reply #115 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
I saw someone set his (sparse) beard on fire once trying to do a flaming sambuca..... silly twat.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #116 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:37am:
Dispel was sarlona.  He was at least half the server, wasn't he?  Maybe it was just a third.

though many of us Sarlonians don't want to admit it, the endgame scene rapidly declined with the demise of Dispel.

Coincidence?

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #117 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I try to limit my crazy to things like jumping out of perfectly good aircraft.

Fire in the general area of my genitalia, especially when drunk, is definitely off the list.

! A skydiver who doesnt know the Dance of the flaming arsehole? Poser :p

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #118 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Dragonne wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:17pm:
! A skydiver who doesnt know the Dance of the flaming arsehole? Poser :p

Didn't say I didn't know it, just won't do it.

Me being publicly naked is another rule I won't break. I'm pretty fugly, so it is safer for for everyone if I keep it that way.

Keeping my junk safe and protecting others are perfectly good reasons for limiting my crazy.
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2011 at 6:30pm by »  

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #119 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
lol. aww. with enough alcohol nothing will be remembered in the morning.. maybe afternoon if the party was wild enough.

unless someone evil had a camera >.<

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #120 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
also at my dz we have a few people who arent as nice as you about public aesthetics.. its like watching a pair of elephant seals trying to mate at times.

the eyes... They Burnnn..

IP Logged

Calvet
Puppy Farmer

I take stroke pills!

Reply #121 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Memnir wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 12:19pm:
I was Premium since about six months after Unlimited launched till three months ago when I bought a three month VIP. It gave out at the start of November, and I didn't bother to renew it.

With my waning interest in the game in general, U12 was just the final nudge to stop. They say it takes 30 days to make a new habit or break an old one. I'm about two-thirds of the way to breaking my DDO habit, and frankly am not too sad about it. The game has been increasingly one that I find frustrating to play, and I've been coasting on the memories of what the game used to be, and the pleasure of the people I know in-game. But, the fumes of good-will have all dissipated, and I fucking hate the endless layers of grind the Devs have heaped on the game in the past few years. Maybe those layers have always been there, and I've just woken up to them... who knows?

This is the reality for most people in most games.  When it's new and shiny, as long as the game is decent, people will ignore whatever imperfections there are and just get on with enjoying the game.

After a period of time (Months for some, a few years for others), the whole game becomes explored and all that is left is repitition.  Either people are down for that or they start to get bored and start looking for those imperfections they ignored early on to explain why they aren't having fun anymore.

It's been two years since the F2p thing (That's when I joined) so I guess it's only natural that now is a good a time as any to see a steady rise in more familiar names saying they've had enough (Or starting to bitch about this n that).

Some are 5 year vets (These guys have been complaining since I joined tho to be fair, but were just drowned out by the mass influx of new people), and more are the 2 year old players.

I don't think the game is dying, just stabalizing at the moment.  We've probably reached a point now where the stream of new people coming and old people leaving will be steady for a while.  The challege for Fernando and his pedigree chums is to keep the joiners higher or equal to the leavers.

Epoch wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 1:22am:
You do what i do when people say I don't have to drink pots? I dot the boss and use BBs on the trash and say, " Aww shucks, im outta sp."

Quote:
Now I am a very bad cleric. I just wait like a vulture for everyone to die. 

Light a man a fire and he will be warm for the night.  Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

IP Logged

mudfud
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #122 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
The game officially died. I saw a WoW commercial endorsed by Chuck Norris.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #123 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
Dragonne wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 7:21pm:
also at my dz we have a few people who arent as nice as you about public aesthetics.. its like watching a pair of elephant seals trying to mate at times.

the eyes... They Burnnn..

It is not about being nice, it is about not being at the center of an International Incident.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #124 - Dec 2nd, 2011 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
mudfud wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 9:11pm:
The game officially died. I saw a WoW commercial endorsed by Chuck Norris.

And it was Absolutely Brilliant.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Send TopicPrint