Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is the game dying? (Read 54149 times)
Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Re: Is the game dying?
Reply #125 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 12:21am
Print Post  
Cheesy i was in skydive arizona a couple years back during the thanksgiving holidays. Cool people there. THough there was this one french girl who thought she was queen of the bunk house or something.

Loved the air tunnel. HD FTW.

Does a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac stay up all night contemplating the existence of a dog?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #126 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Dragonne wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 4:23pm:
Ahh a Molotov cocktail lit and twirling in the air is a wonderful sight to behold.

Turbine won't think so.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #127 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:05am
Print Post  
Quote:
I try to limit my crazy to things like jumping out of perfectly good aircraft.

Fire in the general area of my genitalia, especially when drunk, is definitely off the list.

Agreed.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #128 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 2nd, 2011 at 5:44pm:
though many of us Sarlonians don't want to admit it, the endgame scene rapidly declined with the demise of Dispel.

Coincidence?

That is because he was the best player on sarlona. You guys aren't known for your adept playing.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #129 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:06am:
That is because he was the best player on sarlona. You guys aren't known for your adept playing.

Ok, I'm fine with the jokes about Sarlona but that's going too far.  That fuckmonkey couldn't play PvE worth a damned because he was so full of himself from killing people in the Lobster that he wouldn't listen to the star when he ran raids/groups/etc.  To this day he's the only player that I've purposely avoided every group they joined.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #130 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 9:48am:
Ok, I'm fine with the jokes about Sarlona but that's going too far.  That fuckmonkey couldn't play PvE worth a damned because he was so full of himself from killing people in the Lobster that he wouldn't listen to the star when he ran raids/groups/etc.  To this day he's the only player that I've purposely avoided every group they joined.

Yet, raids have been admittedly lower since he left.  If a fuckstick like him causes an impact on raids ran.... well... I'm just saying.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #131 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 9:56am:
Yet, raids have been admittedly lower since he left.  If a fuckstick like him causes an impact on raids ran.... well... I'm just saying.

not just Raids, epics aswell. 

Infact the only thing more popular since he left is pvp, and I'm sure that's only cause now people aren't afraid of being beaten by the best player on the server.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #132 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 3:02pm:
not just Raids, epics aswell. 

Infact the only thing more popular since he left is pvp, and I'm sure that's only cause now people aren't afraid of being beaten by the best player on the server.

I feel sorry for sarlona losing their best player.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #133 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 7:39pm:
I feel sorry for sarlona losing their best player.

Hopefully he taught them how to use a water bottle before he left.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #134 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 4:42pm
Print Post  
Schmoe wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 7:41pm:
Hopefully he taught them how to use a water bottle before he left.

Maybe you have a video tutorial or something you could link for them just in case ... Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2011 at 4:42pm by Hafeal »  

IP Logged

Schmoe
Epic Poster

One world, one soul

Reply #135 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
Hafeal wrote on Dec 5th, 2011 at 4:42pm:
Maybe you have a video tutorial or something you could link for them just in case ... Grin

Oh man.  I didn't even read that thread.  I read the first sentence and a half of the first p0st and figured I didn't need to know the ending.

"As my windshield melts, and my tears evaporate,
Leaving only charcoal to defend -
Finally I understand the feelings of the few,
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end."

-Waters

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #136 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
I don't know if it's dying, but it's not nearly as "exciting" as it used to be. 

I really like the LoB raid, although the fact that people still don't understand the simple mechanics and "tells" is what makes that raid a hindrance.  The MA is ok, but I got lucky and got what I wanted the first couple of runs so I don't run it all that much.  Monks definitely benefited from MA/LoB raids the most, imo.  I got my new set of Shroud/ToD wraps and my DQ wraps and I'm pretty set on Alchemical for now. 

I don't think I'm going to quit the game any time soon, but I've been limiting my play time recently.

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #137 - Dec 5th, 2011 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 8:22pm:
hahaha!  Boy, have I been there, brother. 

It's an ancient troll, from back before the 2000s, when the internet was still fresh and new and trolling was still being introduced to the masses.  I'm not even sure if the site I knew it from was the original source, tbh, so I'd actually be interested in what you can find.  Tongue 

My favorite pre-2000 internet meme/troll.  I miss usenet.

http://www.kibo.com/kibopost/happynet_98.html

fnord

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #138 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Bahgoon wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:45am:
All things die. Life is naught but a sexually transmitted disease that is always fatal. What we perceive as time is but the entropy vector of the universe.

Wait, what was the question again?

Tongue

OMFG I <3 You! I would totally put you out of your misery if involved in a remote hunting accident  Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:03am by Mokune »  

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:24am
Print Post  
I don't know if it's dieing either.

I think any MMO with LTD content their must come a time when youve had enough.

We are cynical ''old farts'' at the best of times. And i should know cos i'm even older that Stainer. I was hatched in the Carboniferrous Era, so truly prehistoric then.

I would like to know what the playerbase is now? Anyone know ?

Has it increased substantially since FTP and does it continue to grow ?

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #140 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:02am:

OMFG I <3 You! I would totally put you out of your misery if involved in a remote hunting accident  Grin

No greater love can one man show another than to blow his brains out if he caught one in the belly and probably wouldn't make it anyway.

Cheesy

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

TDarkchylde
Dragon Raider

It's just a simulation...

Reply #141 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 2:00am
Print Post  
I'd say it's dying, Dispel's influence notwithstanding.

Doesn't help that they're Axer-izing all the content despite the fact that HE ONLY PLAYS ON ONE FUCKING SERVER.

Honestly, the only thing that could save the game now is one of his RL friends posting on the other forums that he died. Bonus points if it was suicide.

AIM  
IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #142 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:24am:
I would like to know what the playerbase is now? Anyone know ?

Has it increased substantially since FTP and does it continue to grow ?

I don't know the player base demographics across servers.  The general consensus seems to have been that there was an influx of 'younger' players.  F2p is generally perceived to have 'saved' the game.  I feel that the "growth' stage after the launch of f2p has ended and there has been a plateau and perhaps even a decline over the last year, with a more rapid decline after the last update.

Unfortunately, we have no way to really gauge the numbers other than the Who screen after loggin in.

IP Logged

Kimberlite
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:30am
Print Post  
I logged onto Orien to check auctions at 9pm pacific last night. There were 5 LFMs up at all levels combined. I'm not used to seeing blank space at the bottom of the LFM tab.

I counted as I hit pagedown on the character listing of every non-anonymous person on the server, and there were either 600 or 1200 people online (20 people per page, but I can't remember if I hit pagedown 30 times or 60 times).

Memnir wrote on Jun 14th, 2013 at 10:59am:
Note to any Turbine staffers reading this, and one I genuinely hope you share around the office: DDO has become a shit game because y'all have made it a shit game. Once it was great. Now, it's a festering puddle of monkey diarrhea. No matter how you try to justify it, or pat yourselves on the back for doing great jobs... it's a shit game now because of you. Y'all keep on giving the players the middle finger, and you keep expecting us to reward you for the abuse. I've had it with you narcissistic fuckwads and your myopic policies of ineptitude.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #144 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 2:00am:
I'd say it's dying, Dispel's influence notwithstanding.

Doesn't help that they're Axer-izing all the content despite the fact that HE ONLY PLAYS ON ONE FUCKING SERVER.

Honestly, the only thing that could save the game now is one of his RL friends posting on the other forums that he died. Bonus points if it was suicide.

This just in: To keep things truer to PnP, casters will be made superior to melees in every way and not just at casting spells.

An hour later, Axer realizes that a SORCERER does more damage to portals than his Barbarian.

At this point, realizing his whole life is a lie he tries to increases his Deaths Per Second count. However, no one was there to provide him with the Axer Package, so as he jumped off the building he only incremented his count by one.

I'm sure someone else can do it better.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #145 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:14pm:
This just in: To keep things truer to PnP, casters will be made superior to melees in every way and not just at casting spells.

An hour later, Axer realizes that a SORCERER does more damage to portals than his Barbarian.

At this point, realizing his whole life is a lie he tries to increases his Deaths Per Second count. However, no one was there to provide him with the Axer Package, so as he jumped off the building he only incremented his count by one.

LMFAO
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:29pm by Silky »  

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #146 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
I only read the first page.  I'm guessing the five that follow it sound very similar.

DDO's real problem is that none of the complaints I read are new.  They've all been around for years on end, with absolutely no reason to believe that things will change.  Lack of direction?  Yep, been there for years.  Lack of communication?  Fuck, they're famous for that.  Inability/unwillingness to squash bugs?  Yep, been like that forever.  Ignoring feedback?  Like a stepchild.  Lag?  Has pretty much always been at unacceptable levels for a modern game, despite the numerous nerfs to gameplay.  Lack of disciplined development process?  Oh yeah.  Shitty QA?  Always.  Ridiculous forum policies?  Yep.

It's a real shame.  DDO started out so good - and at its core, it's still there.  So many things have gotten (and keep getting) fucked up, and it seems like nothing ever gets better.

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Dragonne
Waterworks Kobold

I <3 Drama!

Reply #147 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:03am:
Turbine won't think so.

well they're just party poopers then  Tongue

Does a dyslexic, agnostic insomniac stay up all night contemplating the existence of a dog?

IP Logged

TDarkchylde
Dragon Raider

It's just a simulation...

Reply #148 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:14pm:

Smiley Smiley Smiley

AIM  
IP Logged

Silky
Shroud Slacker

Reply #149 - Dec 11th, 2011 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 4:49pm:
I only read the first page.  I'm guessing the five that follow it sound very similar.

DDO's real problem is that none of the complaints I read are new.  They've all been around for years on end, with absolutely no reason to believe that things will change.  Lack of direction?  Yep, been there for years.  Lack of communication?  Fuck, they're famous for that.  Inability/unwillingness to squash bugs?  Yep, been like that forever.  Ignoring feedback?  Like a stepchild.  Lag?  Has pretty much always been at unacceptable levels for a modern game, despite the numerous nerfs to gameplay.  Lack of disciplined development process?  Oh yeah.  Shitty QA?  Always.  Ridiculous forum policies?  Yep.

It's a real shame.  DDO started out so good - and at its core, it's still there.  So many things have gotten (and keep getting) fucked up, and it seems like nothing ever gets better.

i agree with this but i think she still has a couple of years left in her

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Send TopicPrint