Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Is the game dying? (Read 54221 times)
Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Re: Is the game dying?
Reply #150 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 11:40am
Print Post  
TDarkchylde wrote on Dec 11th, 2011 at 5:47pm:
Smiley Smiley Smiley

Oh no, now you've done it. You used toppies. You have no original thoughts and are a very boring person. Sad

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

Definitely dying
Reply #151 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Just check the number of instances.

Before FTP came out there were 1 or 2 marketplace instances in the morning.  In the evenings, you might get lucky to reach three instances.

FTP came out there were four or five marketplace instances in the mornings, maybe eight in the evening.  It is now back to three instances in the evening with at best you reach four instances.  In the mornings it is one or two instances.  This is even with the merge of the european servers.

The player base is horrendous.  Filled with jerks.  Mainly because they have been jerked around by other players.

In the old days, players would gladly give stuff away.  Now, with the Cannith Crafting we don't give stuff away anymore, we deconstruct it making low end gear even more valuable.

A new player cannot possibly gear himself up without patience.  With the facebook generation they all lack patience.  BTW, I also think the facebook generation uses swear words way too often.  Shows a lack of intelligence.

Turbine's goal is now to soak as much micro transactions out of the players, and Turbine is selling garbage in the DDO store.

I also think that with the advent of the Guilds Turbine has had to up the difficulty settings of the game because people in large guilds are impervious to all low end quests.  New players learn quickly when they form a party and the uber jerk uber player joins the party to show how superior they are, (in real life they are not superior so they use the game to show they are) and completely ruins the experience of the game for the new player.

A new player, with no plat, and no guild is quickly discouraged.  They will get blind invites to crummy guilds, be taken advantage of by the exeprienced player base, eventually the new player will just decide the game is not fun.

Skyrim, Battlefield 3, and Call of Duty are also killers.

SWTOR is really going to hammer it.  My guess, 50% of the experienced player base is going to play SWTOR.  I could be low on that estimate.

IP Logged

Diogenes
Ex Member

Reply #152 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:51am
Print Post  
My only previous MMO was Dark Age of Camelot. In 2002 there was a lot of doom being called as Mythic started running server clusters because the PvP population was too low to really sustain 3 faction wars.

DAoC is still going, they're still making expansions.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #153 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 11:40am:
Oh no, now you've done it. You used toppies. You have no original thoughts and are a very boring person. Sad

How's that butthurt working out for you?

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #154 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:13am:
How's that butthurt working out for you?

I'm not the one that takes it up the ass Oakyboy.

Hi Welcome

When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Wezergistan
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:48am
Print Post  
new around these parts.  i feel ddo is very dead right now.  worst decisions the company has made since i started playing (june 06)

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #156 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:01am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:25am:
I'm not the one that takes it up the ass Oakyboy.

Hi Welcome

No, you're just the one that I've now seen crying in multiple threads about a comment that I made a few days ago.

Damn, those are some delicious tears.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #157 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:01am:
No, you're just the one that I've now seen crying in multiple threads about a comment that I made a few days ago.

Damn, those are some delicious tears. 

I am playing with my toy. You know how it is. Bat it around everywhere, claw the shit out of it, then get bored and forget it exists.

You are close to being forgotten Oak.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #158 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:37am:
I am playing with my toy. You know how it is. Bat it around everywhere, claw the shit out of it, then get bored and forget it exists.

You are close to being forgotten Oak.

Yes, I can tell from the way that you're whining to others about something that I said a few days ago.  Sad

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #159 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Goddamnit. My Oakytoy just got knocked under the couch. Now I have to sit there and meow piteously for someone to pull it out. FML.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #160 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:51am:
Goddamnit. My Oakytoy just got knocked under the couch. Now I have to sit there and meow piteously for someone to pull it out. FML.

Doesn't sound too different from the rest of your posts.  Sad

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Maybe Im just glorifying memories, but DDO was a hella more fun when I started, U3ish. Seems like they nerf *something* every update, or fuck around with something perfectly fine for no reason and break it. DDO would be great if you didnt feel something you take for granted, like the damn UI, would be somehow broken every patch/update.

Quote:
Ah told that teachin' laday, tha only 3 letters I needs ta learn is U, S, and A!

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in

Reply #162 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 11:08am:
Doesn't sound too different from the rest of your posts.  Sad 

Alas, my toy has been broken. I will have to settle for snatching birds out of the sky. Now where is my human bitch?

IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #163 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
vyrn wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:16pm:
Seems like they nerf *something* every update, or fuck around with something perfectly fine for no reason and break it. DDO would be great if you didnt feel something you take for granted, like the damn UI, would be somehow broken every patch/update.

When you take a look at the sigs for some of the devs:

Quote:
No challenge, no fun. (madfloyd)

Quote:
From dev meeting: "It's fun to fail!"
"Grouping in MMOs is 1d6 players pretending to like each other long enough to start drama over loot."
"There is a way to implement it but it’s got so many red flags it’s like communism."
"That tears it. I need to get a donkey." (flimsyfirewood)

Is it any surprise they use DDO as their own personal playground for what they want to do?  Do you really believe the dev idea of challenge and failure and that of the average player is the same?  I don't.  I think there has been Paiz lack of leadership in controlling dev meddling and keeping the game on course. 

I just wish they would stop looking at WoW and be original.  I guess that would require effort and creativity.  Ah, screw it.

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Hafeal wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 12:45pm:
When you take a look at the sigs for some of the devs:

Is it any surprise they use DDO as their own personal playground for what they want to do?  Do you really believe the dev idea of challenge and failure and that of the average player is the same?  I don't.  I think there has been Paiz lack of leadership in controlling dev meddling and keeping the game on course. 

I just wish they would stop looking at WoW and be original.  I guess that would require effort and creativity.  Ah, screw it.

Hell, I dont even mind the nerfs. What makes me annoyed is random stuff getting fucked with for *no reason at all*. Seriously, they broke the UI 3 times, why in the world did they even touch that? Did *anyone* have a problem with the UI theyve used for years?

Quote:
Ah told that teachin' laday, tha only 3 letters I needs ta learn is U, S, and A!

IP Logged

Kracky
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #165 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Dunno. Khyber old style Pug Epics are a thing of the past. Havent seen an E Chrono all week. Let alone E Von or EADQ1/2.

Pretty depressing really. On the other hand the new stuff, Challenges etc and Shroud are still their.

The one thing DDO has above all the other MMO's is a totally loyal playerbase of older players who all played P&P 25 yrs ago (ish).

Unless Turbine really really screw up and fail to understand this they have a dedicated fanbase for life

IP Logged

Hafeal
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #166 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Kracky wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 1:07pm:
The one thing DDO has above all the other MMO's is a totally loyal playerbase of older players who all played P&P 25 yrs ago (ish).

Unless Turbine really really screw up and fail to understand this they have a dedicated fanbase for life

Uh, I dunno.  A large number of that demo left in 2009 prior to f2p.  And there has been a pretty steady stream 'leaving' (going f2p but not actually playing the game) since.  I look around now and you just don't see anywhere close to the number of old timers people seem to think still float around.  A couple of high posters on the DDO forums give the impression of lots of old timers.  But, to me, the number of pre-2009 posters has grown ever increasingly smaller as has those playing the game.   Cry

IP Logged

Jalora
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #167 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:24pm
Print Post  

A dedicated fanbase of 25 does not a successful MMO make.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #168 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Dunno. Khyber old style Pug Epics are a thing of the past. Havent seen an E Chrono all week. Let alone E Von or EADQ1/2.

Pretty depressing really. On the other hand the new stuff, Challenges etc and Shroud are still their.

I don't know what time you're logging on, but there were at least 3 eDQ2 runs last night that I saw.  And I ran a eVoN6 as well...we failed, because it was Stainer's group...but that's besides the point.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Flint
Stormreaver Piker

I'm a Halfling on the
EDGE!

Reply #169 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:29pm:
I don't know what time you're logging on, but there were at least 3 eDQ2 runs last night that I saw.  And I ran a eVoN6 as well...we failed, because it was Stainer's group...but that's besides the point.  Cheesy

You had fail written all over you last night didn't you.  Shocked

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #170 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
I don't know if it is dying but it has definitely hit a dead spot.  With the release of a number of big game titles (Skyrim, AC:Revelations, MW3, BF3, SW:TOR), I have seen a huge dip in activity just in the guild then couple that with the Holiday season and finals for anyone in college and you have a seasonal lull.

Now you add those who are disgruntled with the last two patches, those who are annoyed with all the unfinished half assed content, those who are sick of the way Turbine has been raping the game for instant money, those like me who are fed up with the ever worsening game performance, and those who are just plain bored.

It means...the servers are virtually dead right now.  Not as bad as the bad old days but if Turbine doesn't do something to electrify it's customers it will get there in 9 months to a year.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #171 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Flint wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:35pm:
You had fail written all over you last night didn't you.  Shocked

Embarrassed

On a positive note, I didn't yell at anyone!  Cheesy  I wasn't even mad or slightly frustrated that we failed...  Shocked
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:38pm by Belwaar »  
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #172 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:29pm:

It wasn't stainer's group. It was Gunga's group. Gunga was doing it thelanis or ghallanda or wherever he is from way, and everyone else was doing it Khyber way. I was trying not to fall off.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #173 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:40pm:
It wasn't stainer's group. It was Gunga's group. Gunga was doing it thelanis or ghallanda or wherever he is from way, and everyone else was doing it Khyber way. I was trying not to fall off.

Any group Stainer is in, becomes Stainer's group, unless Hordo is in group, then the heirarchy changes a bit... Cool

...at least you didn't fall off... Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:44pm by Belwaar »  
IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #174 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 2:42pm:
Any group Stainer is in, becomes Stainer's group.  Cool

...at least you didn't fall off... Wink

Hahahaha

In guild chat I told Gunga I fall of the side one out of three runs. I fell off a guild ship later in the evening getting buffs. Pretty good night for me.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint