Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Funny (Read 5334 times)
stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Funny
Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=352807

Is this possible?

Doing Shroud yesterday (one-rounder in part four), we got to part five and while one player was taunting the earth elemental so the many casters could restore their SP, someone used one of those consumables that makes you look like a kobold. Anyway, he was bouncing around with those fake purple crystals on his back, and Harry just went bonkers. He jumped down and started firing meteor swarms at everyone, even though the last red name was still not dead. It was pretty funny.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Re: Funny
Reply #1 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
Not sure, but got one of those for running dragon mansions quest...will try it out when I get Saaluta reflagged.

Saal Smiley

(It was BTC when I got it, so can't just switch it to someone flagged already)
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:46pm by Saaluta »  

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Orberon
Waterworks Kobold

Is It Not Nifty?

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
OMG, I hope this is true, I so want to do this next guild raid night  Grin

3325863186 2432 881621163412 3216 24313124331933248826 1932 3216878621163412 53243325 89863232 248833868989242686884286 198834 87163186 3286883286 33251988 5386 25195786. - 341688 258631168934

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
OMG DRUNK RAIDS!

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 4:54pm:
OMG DRUNK RAIDS!

I wonder if you could do it before killing any red names?

I smell a greifing tool of massive proportions. Someone tell me how to get these.

IP Logged

Saaluta
Vault Mistress

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
I wonder if you could do it before killing any red names?

I smell a greifing tool of massive proportions. Someone tell me how to get these.

Either through DDO store or doing the challenges with kobolds, which is most of them...kill red names and get chests and on occassion an extra goodie, have gotten one of these and 2 kobold save boosts so far, of course,have not done the challenges very often, kinda bored with them and trying to level characters.

Now, if they decide to add the wand bracers back in as rewards, may just try to get a set of those

Saal Smiley

Hello Darkness, my old friend!  It's nice to talk with you again!
Kimberlite wrote on Oct 11th, 2013 at 12:30pm:
They don't just settle for shooting themselves in the foot. Turbine uses a repeating crossbow.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:35am
Print Post  
Saaluta wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:45am:
Either through DDO store or doing the challenges with kobolds, which is most of them...kill red names and get chests and on occassion an extra goodie, have gotten one of these and 2 kobold save boosts so far, of course,have not done the challenges very often, kinda bored with them and trying to level characters.

Now, if they decide to add the wand bracers back in as rewards, may just try to get a set of those

Saal Smiley

I want the Spare Hand and the Frozen Tunic on my monk badly. If I can get a few, I know what I'll be doing soon :3

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Quote:
I want the Spare Hand and the Frozen Tunic on my monk badly. If I can get a few, I know what I'll be doing soon :3

Why?

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 11:57am:
Why?

Why Spare Hand and Frozen Tunic on a Monk?  Because they're awesome, that's why.  Spare Hand at least as a swap-in for when you're doing stuff where stunning is useful.  Frozen Tunic is a bit more build-specific, but I like it for the extra ki with Earth/Wind stance, and it means not having to take off Shintao set for Oremi's necklace.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #9 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
I'm trying this the next time I run Shroud...which will probably be Saturday morning... Wink

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #10 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 12:50pm:
Why Spare Hand and Frozen Tunic on a Monk?  Because they're awesome, that's why.  Spare Hand at least as a swap-in for when you're doing stuff where stunning is useful.  Frozen Tunic is a bit more build-specific, but I like it for the extra ki with Earth/Wind stance, and it means not having to take off Shintao set for Oremi's necklace.

I do want a spare hand, but have no desire to grind those dumb challenges...I'll get it eventually  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:06pm:
I do want a spare hand, but have no desire to grind those dumb challenges...I'll get it eventually  Roll Eyes

I hear there's this awesome exploit you can use.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #12 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I find your version of awesome misguided. 

Spare hand is fine for trash, the tunic is fine in quests with devils or other things immune to fire I guess.  Otherwise, it sucks balls.  Unless you don't go the crane path, but why wouldn't you? Ki on crits.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:07pm:

OK, awesome given how little effort they take.

Quote:
Spare hand is fine for trash, the tunic is fine in quests with devils or other things immune to fire I guess.  Otherwise, it sucks balls.  Unless you don't go the crane path, but why wouldn't you? Ki on crits.

Killing trash as a Monk is kind of important; we're the first melee to get assigned to that.  Killing things immune, or even resistant, to fire is kind of important.  Also haven't been able to get Oremi's ring yet.  That's a lot more effort there than the Frozen Tunic takes.  As I said; build specific.  With Oremi's Ring, I'd probably get less use out of it.

Ki on crits alone is not enough to finance my ki usage against most bosses, or if I'm doing heavy stunning on trash.

I guess, overall, my definition of "awesome" is basically "best in slot, given what else I have, in important parts of the end-game".  Both qualify for me, and, I would think, many other Monks.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 2:07pm:

Tier 3 Tunic gives the same slots as the Red DScale robe, Freezing Ice guard and the same Ki regen as Oremi's, meaning on my Earth monk, I can swap Oremi's for Kyosho's.

Spare hand is +5 to SF, SB and Imp Sunder. Why would you not want them?

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 1:19pm:
I hear there's this awesome exploit you can use.

Yeah it's pretty sweet. Cool

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tier 3 Tunic gives the same slots as the Red DScale robe, Freezing Ice guard and the same Ki regen as Oremi's, meaning on my Earth monk, I can swap Oremi's for Kyosho's.

Spare hand is +5 to SF, SB and Imp Sunder. Why would you not want them?

I never had a problem with spare hand - it is the tunic.  Sparehand is better then +2 dmg on trash to guarantee a stun. 

The tunic - freezing ice guard did not allow crits, so I doubt it allows increased damage.  If I am wrong, correct me, never have used it after I found it it didn't autocrit way way back.

Unless you area a dark monk, you don't need that silly ki regen.   I play light monks, 'cuz we are coooool.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 4:54pm:
I never had a problem with spare hand - it is the tunic.  Sparehand is better then +2 dmg on trash to guarantee a stun. 

The tunic - freezing ice guard did not allow crits, so I doubt it allows increased damage.  If I am wrong, correct me, never have used it after I found it it didn't autocrit way way back.

Unless you area a dark monk, you don't need that silly ki regen.   I play light monks, 'cuz we are coooool.

Dark Earth Stance monk, so Ki Regen plz.

And Freezing Ice counted as Helpless/autocrit way back when. It actually has a higher proc rate than Earthgrab and lasts longer (by a few seconds) with a higher DC.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #18 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:

And Freezing Ice counted as Helpless/autocrit way back when. It actually has a higher proc rate than Earthgrab and lasts longer (by a few seconds) with a higher DC.

Yup.  It's pretty much the shit.  Have a set of Tier II Water handwraps on the WF dark monk, and the freezing ice goes off all the time.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:00pm:
Yup.  It's pretty much the shit.  Have a set of Tier II Water handwraps on the WF dark monk, and the freezing ice goes off all the time.

I'm doing a pair of Air/Water Tier2 wraps on mine. After talking with a guildie, getting +2 WIS, Crushing Wave and Corrosive Salt sounds much better than Lit2 and +2 DEX.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #20 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm doing a pair of Air/Water Tier2 wraps on mine. After talking with a guildie, getting +2 WIS, Crushing Wave and Corrosive Salt sounds much better than Lit2 and +2 DEX.

Why not have both?  Cool I'm a purist at heart, so I have a set of Air/Air and a set of Water/Water.  Both are pretty killer wraps. 

I have no idea if this is correct, but the damage from the Lightning strike from the wraps seems a tad higher than from green steel.  Plus with the Electric curse from a dark monk, that strike hits for over 1,000 damage most times.  Just depends on your play style.

I'm fond of Touch of Deaths followed by Lightning Strikes...LoB tanks don't like it...but oh well.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Belwaar wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:09pm:
Why not have both?  Cool I'm a purist at heart, so I have a set of Air/Air and a set of Water/Water.  Both are pretty killer wraps. 

I have no idea if this is correct, but the damage from the Lightning strike from the wraps seems a tad higher than from green steel.  Plus with the Electric curse from a dark monk, that strike hits for over 1,000 damage most times.  Just depends on your play style.

I'm fond of Touch of Deaths followed by Lightning Strikes...LoB tanks don't like it...but oh well.

Air/Water wraps are nice due to a ton of the damage being untyped. And I still get Stunning 10.

And I hear you about the Tanks...I play a Dark/Earth Stance monk. Earth 4 give 70% threat now :3

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Yeah, it's good shit.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #23 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Freezing ice guard was not auto crit it just froze them.  Whether or not updates changed it I cannot say - I used it once when DT came out and it was shit.

Also, Ice guard is a 8sec timer and is a fort save.  Earthgrab is a 6 sec timer with reflex save.  Both are a 35 save and have the same proc rate.  You see earth more often because nothing in this game has good reflex saves in comparison to fortitude.

Also, earthgrab isn't effected by fom like freezing ice guard.  This would actually mean something if mobs casted fom.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm:
Freezing ice guard was not auto crit it just froze them.  Whether or not updates changed it I cannot say - I used it once when DT came out and it was shit.

Also, Ice guard is a 8sec timer and is a fort save.  Earthgrab is a 6 sec timer with reflex save.  Both are a 35 save and have the same proc rate.  You see earth more often because nothing in this game has good reflex saves in comparison to fortitude.

Also, earthgrab isn't effected by fom like freezing ice guard.  This would actually mean something if mobs casted fom.

Freezing Ice was autocrit. I remember using it in PvP on random lvl 4 noobs.

and Earthgrab used to be affected by FoM until recently.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint