Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Funny (Read 5346 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Funny
Reply #25 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Freezing Ice was autocrit. I remember using it in PvP on random lvl 4 noobs.

and Earthgrab used to be affected by FoM until recently.

Freezing Ice was not always auto crit.  Do some research please before continuing this argument.  No one cares about pvp, so keep that shit where it belongs, on the ddo forums.

Ugh, Earthgrab and freezing ice guards only stopper was FOM, except earthgrab which was a paralysis effect when it came out.  Now nothing stops earthgrab except red and purple names.  Freezing ice guard was only ever stoppable by FOM.  It got constructs and undead.  Now, it lasts still 2 sec longer, has an easier dc to break, and is still stopped by fom.

Now if Freeezing ice was auto crit before DT came out, or even changed several months after the whole kill the lich giant came out, I am perfectly able to accept that.  It was not always auto crit though.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Dec 12th, 2011 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 7:01pm:
Freezing Ice was not always auto crit.  Do some research please before continuing this argument.  No one cares about pvp, so keep that shit where it belongs, on the ddo forums.

Ugh, Earthgrab and freezing ice guards only stopper was FOM, except earthgrab which was a paralysis effect when it came out.  Now nothing stops earthgrab except red and purple names.  Freezing ice guard was only ever stoppable by FOM.  It got constructs and undead.  Now, it lasts still 2 sec longer, has an easier dc to break, and is still stopped by fom.

Now if Freeezing ice was auto crit before DT came out, or even changed several months after the whole kill the lich giant came out, I am perfectly able to accept that.  It was not always auto crit though.

No, it wasn't ALWAYS auto-crit, but before that update, it was. I merely used PvP as my testing example. Now it counts as helpless. I have it on Smrti's DT. It makes me lol in epics when it does proc.

Nothing really has FoM out there though. It still procs.

Frozen Tunic is far easier to obtain than Red Dscale, and on a monk that isn't a Fire Monk, it's amazeballs.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2011 at 7:56pm by »  

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
No, it wasn't ALWAYS auto-crit, but before that update, it was. I merely used PvP as my testing example. Now it counts as helpless. I have it on Smrti's DT. It makes me lol in epics when it does proc.

Nothing really has FoM out there though. It still procs.

Frozen Tunic is far easier to obtain than Red Dscale, and on a monk that isn't a Fire Monk, it's amazeballs.

Which is what I was saying.  If it is different now I will have to play with it to see if I think it is worth it.  On a light monk, it isn't really necessary to have 3 hold triggers and 3 stuns.  Could free a feat up, maybe two...

I know that about fom - it was what I was saying:

Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm:
Also, earthgrab isn't effected by fom like freezing ice guard.  This would actually mean something if mobs casted fom.

I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #28 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
Frozen Tunic is far easier to obtain than Red Dscale,

Can't really argue with that.  The grin for Red scales is horrid.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 2:06am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 2:03am:
Which is what I was saying.  If it is different now I will have to play with it to see if I think it is worth it.  On a light monk, it isn't really necessary to have 3 hold triggers and 3 stuns.  Could free a feat up, maybe two...

I know that about fom - it was what I was saying:

More stunning is always necessary. That's what makes a Shintao work well.

and unless you're going for super high AC, Guards win.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #30 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 4:00am
Print Post  
Quote:
More stunning is always necessary. That's what makes a Shintao work well.

and unless you're going for super high AC, Guards win.

No one should go for a high ac, maybe stalwarts or that other shield user type.  Six stuns is too much, unless of course you have shitty DC's.  I stun just fine with my three though.  I could consider another one, but really, 6? Ugh.

Like I said though, after I test it out whenever I play my monk again, I might drop a stun.  Why, I might even go dark monk since there are reliable dr breakers now.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 4:00am:
No one should go for a high ac, maybe stalwarts or that other shield user type.  Six stuns is too much, unless of course you have shitty DC's.  I stun just fine with my three though.  I could consider another one, but really, 6? Ugh.

Like I said though, after I test it out whenever I play my monk again, I might drop a stun.  Why, I might even go dark monk since there are reliable dr breakers now.

I can break LoB DR with 16 monk lvls (gets Addy fists). Alchemicals are easy to get too.

Get 10k starts btw. Fucking win.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #32 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 6:28am
Print Post  
Quote:
I can break LoB DR with 16 monk lvls (gets Addy fists). Alchemicals are easy to get too.

Get 10k starts btw. Fucking win.

I was meaning more the silver kind of dr breaking.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 6:30am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 6:28am:
I was meaning more the silver kind of dr breaking. 

oh that.

Ya, that works too.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 9:40am
Print Post  
The Freezing Ice has a very nice proc rate, from what I've seen, and definitely applies helplessness.  It also definitely applied auto-crit at least at some point (don't know about "always").  My DT has Freezing Ice guard.

I use them on a Light Monk, and I still run out of Ki using them, if I'm doing a lot of stunning fist/kakundo plus Earth/Air strikes.  I'm not sure when you last played, but the loss of auto-crits really put a damper on reliable ki generation.  If I had an Oremi's ring, I'd switch to that set in a lot of places, but even then, I'd use the Tunic against Devils.  Still well worth it for a tier I, at least.  Bringing them to tier III isn't a high priority for me, though.

I did drop Stunning Blow recently (leaving Stunning Fist, Kakundo, and Jade Prison for stunning).  It just wasn't very reliable, even with the Spare Hand.  I swapped it out for Improved Sunder.  I'm not so sure I'm happy with it, though.  A thread from October led me to believe that my Monk would get full off-hand procs when using it, double tapping it most times.  Looks like that isn't true, or at least changed since then.  Without that, seems like something I should leave to Barbarians.

IP Logged

Maxwell Edison
Bailiff

HADOUKEN!

Reply #35 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 12th, 2011 at 6:36pm:
I used it once when DT came out and it was shit.

This is why you're one of my favorites Epoch.

I didn't like it when I tried it once.  Therefore, shit forever.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #36 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Quote:
Get 10k stars btw. Fucking win.

Yes.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #37 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Maxwell Edison wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:02am:
This is why you're one of my favorites Epoch.

I didn't like it when I tried it once.  Therefore, shit forever.

You think I would learn after suffering from Turbine for so long.

You would be wrong.

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #38 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:07am
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 9:40am:
The Freezing Ice has a very nice proc rate, from what I've seen, and definitely applies helplessness.  It also definitely applied auto-crit at least at some point (don't know about "always").  My DT has Freezing Ice guard.

I use them on a Light Monk, and I still run out of Ki using them, if I'm doing a lot of stunning fist/kakundo plus Earth/Air strikes.  I'm not sure when you last played, but the loss of auto-crits really put a damper on reliable ki generation.  If I had an Oremi's ring, I'd switch to that set in a lot of places, but even then, I'd use the Tunic against Devils.  Still well worth it for a tier I, at least.  Bringing them to tier III isn't a high priority for me, though.

I did drop Stunning Blow recently (leaving Stunning Fist, Kakundo, and Jade Prison for stunning).  It just wasn't very reliable, even with the Spare Hand.  I swapped it out for Improved Sunder.  I'm not so sure I'm happy with it, though.  A thread from October led me to believe that my Monk would get full off-hand procs when using it, double tapping it most times.  Looks like that isn't true, or at least changed since then.  Without that, seems like something I should leave to Barbarians.

Imp Sunder basically makes all your stuns get a +3 DC once used once. that effect stacks 5 times.

Let me repeat.

FIVE TIMES.

That's a +15 DC possible on ALL Fort based saves.

We just ran an eCoF in about an hour with brand new people to the quest. Stunned everything b/t 3 monk types, 2 Necro Wizzys and a really pathetic healer. I run a 42 DC SF and a 39 DC SB. those jump to 45 and 42 respectively.

With spare hand, that will go up to 50/47. then, once I have some T1 Air wraps with Stun 10 (I use crafted stunning 8), it'll be a 52 Stunning Fist and a 49 Stunning Blow.

What am I leaving to Barbarians again?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #39 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Quote:

Rage masturbation?

Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #40 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:53am:
Rage masturbation?

Angry sex is the best kind!

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

Cor
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Quote:
Imp Sunder basically makes all your stuns get a +3 DC once used once. that effect stacks 5 times.

Let me repeat.

FIVE TIMES.

That's a +15 DC possible on ALL Fort based saves.

If I LR to Dark at some point, that would be useful for helping me land full ToDs, but as a Light Monk, I'm not seeing much benefit for debuffing a boss's fortitude.  Aside from landing Sunder, of course, but that's something anyone with the feat can do.

Quote:
We just ran an eCoF in about an hour with brand new people to the quest. Stunned everything b/t 3 monk types, 2 Necro Wizzys and a really pathetic healer. I run a 42 DC SF and a 39 DC SB. those jump to 45 and 42 respectively.

With spare hand, that will go up to 50/47. then, once I have some T1 Air wraps with Stun 10 (I use crafted stunning 8), it'll be a 52 Stunning Fist and a 49 Stunning Blow.

Yeah, that's worthwhile.  But in my case, I'm not sure giving up a stun ability (Stunning Blow) was a good tradeoff for something that helps about half my Stunning Fists.

Quote:

Monks are great for stunning.  But as far as actually landing Sunders on bosses, a Barbarian seems vastly superior.  Biggest drawback they have is the long animation for THF, but it should still be worth it.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Cor wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:37am:
If I LR to Dark at some point, that would be useful for helping me land full ToDs, but as a Light Monk, I'm not seeing much benefit for debuffing a boss's fortitude.  Aside from landing Sunder, of course, but that's something anyone with the feat can do.

Yeah, that's worthwhile.  But in my case, I'm not sure giving up a stun ability (Stunning Blow) was a good tradeoff for something that helps about half my Stunning Fists.

Monks are great for stunning.  But as far as actually landing Sunders on bosses, a Barbarian seems vastly superior.  Biggest drawback they have is the long animation for THF, but it should still be worth it.

No wonder you're in DRB.

Imp Sunder replaces Sunder. Because it's vastly superior.

Monks lack on To-hit, so the -5 from Imp Sunder is amazing, as is the stacking debuff that makes it easier to land it.

You can fit in Imp Sunder AND SB AND SF. It's not hard, just takes a bit of looking at what you're doing.

IP Logged

Belwaar
Shroud Slacker

Reply #43 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 9:07am:
Angry sex is the best kind!

Yes.

IP Logged

Felgor
Shroud Slacker

Go Fuck Yourself

Reply #44 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:32pm
Print Post  
Yea I was in that ecof with Smrti. I had about 42dc on stun I think, Spare Hand will really help, as will Oremi's Necklace. Should be 50dc once I fix up a few things.

Belwaar, the only tanks that would mind 1k lit strikes are those without intimidate. Go nuts and let me intimidate for even more hate gen.

Proud Leader & official Gimp of Crimson Eagles on Khyber
Angryscrews Wiz 20 - Felgor WF FvS 20 - Brelgor Fighter 18/1/1 - Flavoursome TR1 Sorc 18 - Splatsplat 18/2 DoSIII

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #45 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 3:03am
Print Post  
Felgor wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 7:32pm:
Yea I was in that ecof with Smrti. I had about 42dc on stun I think, Spare Hand will really help, as will Oremi's Necklace. Should be 50dc once I fix up a few things.

Belwaar, the only tanks that would mind 1k lit strikes are those without intimidate. Go nuts and let me intimidate for even more hate gen.

This. In non-Epic raids, AC Tanks with intimidate are becoming king again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint