Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ranger past life (Read 2873 times)
random110
Waterworks Kobold

Always lurking..

Ranger past life
Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I want to do my ranger past life next.

Is the 18/1/1 exploiter build still the best bet for quick and easy levelling?

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Re: Ranger past life
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
random110 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:23pm:

Depends on what your playstyle is, and what gear you have available.  If you only want the past life, then 12 ranger/8 anything else works.

If you want to get your own traps, then the exploiter is fine.  For just getting a past life, however..  There isn't much reason to go past level 11 or 12 ranger, unless you are going to be playing it at cap for a while.  12 ranger/ rogue works. 

For my wife type person's ranger life, we did some horrible mashup.  I think it ended up being 14 ranger/2 monk/4 fighter, or something like that.  We loaded her with toughness feats, and then whatever other fighter feats she wanted for extra dps/to hit bonuses.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #2 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 4:11am
Print Post  
random110 wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:23pm:

i'd probably go more monk levels and try get ninja spy 1 in, you won't be playing at cap so there's no point factoring in the tier 3 pre.

if you umd shield wands, stun stuff, and get your sneak attack die, i'd say 12/7/1 would be the way to go, unarmed.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2011 at 4:13am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

popejubal
Completionist (i.t.p.)

fnord

Reply #3 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 10:48am
Print Post  
If you enjoyed a Monk life already, you could also pretend to be a Monk again.

6 Monk/6 Ranger in a combination that makes sense early (Maybe 1 Monk/3 Ranger/1 Monk/3 Ranger/4 Monk), lots of fun with TWF and handwraps and a huge number of feats to play with.

6 levels of Fighter after that gives even more Feats to enjoy and then hold 18 until you have the XP for 20 and take your last two Ranger levels to get the past life.

It might not be the most bestest character ever, but you get a bajillion feats, fast attack speed and you can pew pew with a nice Paralyzing bow from level 10 through Vale if you feel like it.

You actually get so many feats, that I'd even consider taking the AA prestige for Ranger and Ten Thousand Stars - just because you can.  Grab a couple of junk ToD rings before you TR and you can get Holy Burst and [whatever] Burst on your handwraps for that last million-ish XP.

Downside: no Rogue skills or full ranks in UMD.
Also, if you bought Artificer, then I'd absolutely take 1 level of Arti instead of 1 level of Rogue if you go the traditional Exploiter route.

fnord

IP Logged

random110
Waterworks Kobold

Always lurking..

Reply #4 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
I will be generally soloing and pugging later on where necessary or convenient. What i would love is a fairly self sufficient build.

This toon has cleric/fvs/palidin/wizard past lives and a fair amount of gear. I am doing this life to have the PL feat for my artificer life next.

I have never built an AC toon so am.not sure how worthwhile it is.

Thanks for all the feedback.
« Last Edit: Dec 4th, 2011 at 4:22pm by random110 »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #5 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
random110 wrote on Dec 4th, 2011 at 4:21pm:
I have never built an AC toon so am.not sure how worthwhile it is.

Thanks for all the feedback.

It's really not that worthwhile for leveling, without any real sacrifices to your dps you'll have an ok ish ac (stop ~ 1/2 the incoming damage for you're elite quests all the way through to the vale) 
I've found being able to mitigate dame through umding resists / blurs / fireshields / stoneskin and decent healing (heal scrolls) has made TRing far easier / faster than persuing max ac.

That considered, a 1 level artificer splash gets you better healing / scrolling than a 1 level rogue splash, + your badazz box hunter pup.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #6 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Dec 4th, 2011 at 6:48pm:
It's really not that worthwhile for leveling, without any real sacrifices to your dps you'll have an ok ish ac (stop ~ 1/2 the incoming damage for you're elite quests all the way through to the vale) 
I've found being able to mitigate dame through umding resists / blurs / fireshields / stoneskin and decent healing (heal scrolls) has made TRing far easier / faster than persuing max ac.

That considered, a 1 level artificer splash gets you better healing / scrolling than a 1 level rogue splash, + your badazz box hunter pup.

You might be the smartest sarlonian ever.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 4th, 2011 at 8:09pm:
You might be the smartest sarlonian ever.

Dispel's going to be so pissed you don't think him the smartest one

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint