Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Raid Requirements and Screening Drama vs First 11 (Read 14002 times)
Razcar
Dragon Raider

Jag Älskar Drama!

Re: Raid Requirements and Screening Drama vs First 11
Reply #25 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Olrad wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:39am:
Thelanis... and now I'm going to get ripped into...

Why? Nothing wrong with Thelanis.

IP Logged

Olrad
Dragon Raider

Reply #26 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 10:53am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 10:24am:
How helpful can they be if they restrict their members? How can you learn this games greatest trait, flexibility, if you design your party to some random idea of the perfect setup?

You can't learn the strengths and weaknesses of yours or your guildies builds in some ideal state.  Get better teachers.

It's been helpful to have nightly shroud runs and run the odd epic. Unfortunately a lot of the guilds with good reputations are very restrictive with recruitment. I don't have time to run every single epic/raid in the game as a tryout for a guild. That just isn't going to happen. I do understand why this is a requirement for some guilds, I just don't play enough to manage it.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #27 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:39am
Print Post  
Why jump straight to an endgame guild? Just get to a better guild.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

JDollar
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Swarthy as fuck

Reply #28 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Read the Op and it's a nice bit of fiction. Not a single mention of the blades in part 4 ...the highest hp and dr toons have to pay attention to the blades these days even when it's single mob kill of the devils and not a multi kill wail right in the middle of the party, not to mention most  would die in part 3 unless told to run clock wise with at least 3  not listening to instruction ... I call shenanigans, it's a fantasy based game but come on, there has to be some elements of reallity beyond 12 people in the group Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 7:46am by JDollar »  

Quote:
J$ can take great pride that I think he's too revolting for words and will probably post "gtg cat on fire" if he joins a group I'm in.

Quote:
JD is easily the most genuinely mean person I've known

Quote:
SNAP!  Point for the Canadian!
notajedi wrote on Mar 14th, 2013 at 6:47pm:
JonnyD has had way better exploits.

IP Logged

Olrad
Dragon Raider

Reply #29 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Epoch wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:39am:
Why jump straight to an endgame guild? Just get to a better guild.

Fair point.

IP Logged

Mondo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 4:10pm
Print Post  
I made it anout 3 words into that giant wall of text, what the hell is he trying to say? All I got was wah wah wah Im a whiney lil bitch

Is your asshole jealous because of all the shit that comes out of your mouth

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #31 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Mondo wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 4:10pm:
I made it anout 3 words into that giant wall of text, what the hell is he trying to say? All I got was wah wah wah Im a whiney lil bitch

that is because you can't read
or maybe because you are stupid
or just mayber because you are too stupid to read.

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

vyrn
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 5:15pm
Print Post  

'I completed shroud with a couple friends, dragging some idiots along, go me', dont see any whining in there. So many things wrong with the OP and you whine about the one thing thats not present  Sad.

Quote:
Ah told that teachin' laday, tha only 3 letters I needs ta learn is U, S, and A!

IP Logged

Mondo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
JakLee wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 4:34pm:
that is because you can't read
or maybe because you are stupid
or just mayber because you are too stupid to read.

Hmmm missing the logic here, Im terrible with puncuation yes but its pretty obvious I can read. Or I wouldnt be typing , as far as stpid goes Im probably smarter than you despite my lack of english skills. But seeing your logic thats not saying much

IP Logged

Mondo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
vyrn wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 5:15pm:
'I completed shroud with a couple friends, dragging some idiots along, go me', dont see any whining in there. So many things wrong with the OP and you whine about the one thing thats not present  Sad.

Yeah your right I just felt like being a smartass I guess. Im new to this site, and just joined to read up on some drama stuff that went down with an ex guildy. But I kinda like it and trying to find a way to fit in. So please feel free to help me out with that. Or just hammer away with unfounded comments about how Im stupid or whatever atleast Im honest

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:54am
Print Post  
Mondo wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:38pm:
Yeah your right I just felt like being a smartass I guess. Im new to this site, and just joined to read up on some drama stuff that went down with an ex guildy. But I kinda like it and trying to find a way to fit in. So please feel free to help me out with that. Or just hammer away with unfounded comments about how Im stupid or whatever atleast Im honest

After reading this post, I'm having a hard time figuring out how someone could call you stupid in an unfounded way.  Sad

IP Logged

JakLee
Bailiff

Monotremes and Money

Reply #36 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Mondo wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 11:18pm:
Hmmm missing the logic here, Im terrible with puncuation yes but its pretty obvious I can read. Or I wouldnt be typing , as far as stpid goes Im probably smarter than you despite my lack of english skills. But seeing your logic thats not saying much

DIAF & then GFY
dumbass

from Preamus: Quote:
at least i'm agnostic so while I "think" you're full of crap I don't "know" you're full of crap

Strakeln wrote on Feb 1st, 2012 at 10:37pm:
JakLee will be the bailiff.  He's got a stun gun and everything.

Have you seen my platypus?
There are two types of people in this world:
1. Those who need closure.

IP Logged

Mondo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 3:19am
Print Post  
Your a fucking idiot Jaklee

Is that all you got your little acronyms really lacks originality and you say Im stupid

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #38 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 3:27am
Print Post  
Mondo wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 3:19am:
Your a fucking idiot Jaklee

Is that all you got your little acronyms really lacks originality and you say Im stupid

Well, you are.  If facts hurt so much, accept them.  They tend to be less painful that way.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Reply #39 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:19am
Print Post  
xveganrox wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 3:25am:
I think most of the LFM requirements are pretty silly. When I started to get near cap, I used to lead almost all my own raids, because nobody wanted a 220 THF Rogue with fighter splash who couldn't do traps in quests over level 15 in their party. After a year and a few reincarnations, I have a much easier time getting into raids, and I don't start my own as often now, preferring to hop into other people's guild runs with a few empty slots or PUGs with people I know. That said, the constant high requirements on LFMs always seems silly to me, so I've been trying to lead more of my own all-inclusive raids.

Last Shroud I ran I started with a good capped cleric I knew and a many-TR AA, both of whom I consider some of the better players on our server. This was my only time leading a Shroud post-U12, but I still did the usual LFM: Normal Shroud, 15-20, first 11 and go.

Based on the group I got, I started to have to assume that karma is real and it was finally getting back at me for all the awful things I've done. My LFM hits were like a rogue's gallery of stereotypes: the 230 hp, 0% fort capped ranger, the Drow sorcerer with even less HP and four different +cha items ranging from +1 to +4 (yes, I check MyDDO when I see obscenely low hp. Sue me.), that poor, hapless, non-English speaking soul who had had an epic LoB LFM up for the past three days straight (LFM text, I quote:"need Mage's and Tank's and Healer's to support Mage's"), evenly mixed cleric/wizard who hasn't discovered this isn't PnP yet, and others I won't even try to describe.

Phase one took a good, long time. Portal Keepers still exist? I thought they took them out two or three updates ago or something. The only other divine aside from my cleric friend, a capped FvS from a guild notorious for taking *anyone* (if you're on Cannith you probably know who I mean), went left right off the bat while the rest of us went right and died almost instantly to the devil scouting party. I assume he got crit by a trog or something. We finished phase one just fine, though.

Phase two had a couple deaths.. First death was the confused sorc, who ran into the center at the beginning and died almost instantly. Everyone else was behaving and listening to instructions, though, so we had no problem getting the situation under control and raising the sorcerer. I told the AA to do the crystal, at which point the wizard complained that that was an arcane's job, and we couldn't rely on a gimped ranger. I told him that the AA has done it literally scores of times at least, but he persisted and the AA told him that it was all his. I'm sure you can see where this is going... Three attempts later, the wizard teleports out, after failing to destroy the crystal (he was saying that lag was preventing him from landing his fire walls. I have no idea what was actually happening because I was too busy keeping the other not-quite-ideal toons alive), and drops group. We try one more time. AA kills the crystal. Okay.

Phase three goes off without a hitch, unless you count the single death to the blades. A few characters prove that you can run water with less than 200 hp. Someone pulls their first +2 tome and squeals loudly into the mic for 30 straight seconds.

Phase four - I describe the basic strategy as clearly as I can. At this point a wipe seems quite likely. Everyone survived the initial devil scouting party (which seems like a given, but when we're talking only one competent divine and multiple sub-250hp, no-fort toons, even this is an unknown) and Harry pops out. We surround him like good little adventurers and pump our action boosts/DoTs/quickened mass heals into him as quickly as possible. Well, that last one is a bit of a misnomer: the Cleric is alternating between mass heal and mass cure critical due to some of the obscenely low HPs, and the FvS didn't have Mass Heal or quicken spell. Sorcerer and multiclass wiz/cleric are standing near each other, sorcerer and wizard are dead. Blades start to close, I say that everyone with <300 hp should probably leave now. Nobody does. Blades getting a little bit closer, it's getting near time for me to jump out, I say it more urgently and a few seconds later I leave. A couple melees leave right after I do, the rest die.

Now it's me, Cleric, AA, THF Bard, and raged Barbarian. Harry is at around 50%. The rest of 4 goes smooth: devils die quickly, then AA manyshots gnolls while Cleric mass heals/DoTs and the rest of us melee. Everyone has 500+ hp and fort. Happy day.

Phase five went much smoother. Everyone followed directions, we didn't have any weird blades issues, a few of the low, low hp melees died. One died several times; he kept accepting True Rezz's while in Harry's melee range.. He finished out with something like 120 hp Smiley

Overall it was a run that was somewhat fun but also pretty frustrating at times. I think a lot of people learned stuff: the FvS learned to carry Mass Heal in raids, the arcanes learned that an AA can do the crystal, and everyone learned the importance of a +6 con item, a GFL item, a +x con tome, toughness, and all con/toughness related enhancements, thanks to the whining of my understandably perturbed cleric Smiley

Can you still just take the first 11 that hit your LFM and be sure of success? Nope, but then again, even if you can solo the raid for sure you can never be sure you'll complete with 11 strangers. Is it fun to just take the first 11? Yeah, I think so. In the above instance, though, if we would have had a lag spike, OR particularly bad luck, OR I hadn't had a couple people I could rely on, the raid would have been a wipe. Personally I don't mind wipes, but a lot of people do.

There's no moral to the story, but I don't blame people who do screening for Shroud. Yeah, even normal Shroud.. Although I'll still make fun of the hopeless tools who put up LFMs for normal Shroud that require 500+ hp/600+ hp non-evasion, or other ridiculous requirements.. and as for the people in our "premier raiding guilds" who put up PUG LFMs for elite HoX that insist on 600+ hp - well, I have special words for them, but I won't go into that now.

TL;DR - Selective LFMs seem elitist and annoy me. Making my own LFMs is tiring but potentially rewarding. Putting up end-game LFMs is something I probably should never do because I will accept anyone (except eVoN6, because you can shortman that with a bunch of 300hp rangers in your sleep).

TL;DR

how does it look in 24 type?
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2011 at 4:35am by rev Jim »  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 7:50am
Print Post  
much better

IP Logged

Mondo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Well if Im stupid then I have found a good home because Im certainly not the only one.
And thanks rev thats alot easier on the eyes

IP Logged

Grace
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Dec 3rd, 2011 at 3:06pm:
Capital letters begin a sentence. They are also used for proper nouns.

Punctuation is used for various reasons and is important to sentence structure. Punctuation such as periods, question marks, and exclamation points end a sentence and indicate the type of sentence it is. Commas are used to separate both independent and dependent clauses and items in a list. Apostrophes are used to indicate possession and contractions.

Sentences should not be run-on. A sentence should have a subject and verb at minimum, and the subject and verb must agree in number. A sentence also may have an independent and/or dependent clause. However, stringing together several clauses is not allowed. They must be made over into other sentences.

Paragraphs are used to group similar ideas and details. They help the reader identify which of your ideas are related.

Finally, correct spelling helps the reader quickly grasp your meaning.

These posting tips brought to you by the Council of Readers Sick and Tired of Fucking Stupid People That Didn't Pay Attention In School.

I swear I'm just gonna keep posting this. Someday, education will be compulsory. I can't wait.

JDollar wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:25pm:
she's Kmack's property

Quote:
You're obviously important to the community.  And not just because your skin is so supple and soft and smells like honeysuckle and friendship.

JDollar wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 2:15am:
To put in DnD terms Grace is a CR 60 EE Ball Busting Bitch

IP Logged

Hordo
High Rabbi

Le Douchebag

Reply #43 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:07pm:
I swear I'm just gonna keep posting this. Someday, education will be compulsory. I can't wait.

I hear your cries of despair, Grace, and empathize.  However, as long as we have yards to mow and crops to pick...

I am the Rabbi, goo goo g'Jew!
Who doesn't <3 Gornn?
GORNN II 4:3:17 - For Gornn sent not Hordo into the world to save the party; but that the party through him might be wiped.
[QUOTE=404error;4155294]Hordo I don't want to steal you from these forums because your almost an icon here. ;p [/quote]
IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #44 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Grace wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 1:07pm:

Put a link to it in your sig, both here and on the ddo forums.  Just make sure you never reference to it on the ddo forums, so you can't get dinged for being mean to the poor, poor oppressed forum members there.

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Mondo wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 12:11pm:
Well if Im stupid then I have found a good home because Im certainly not the only one.
And thanks rev thats alot easier on the eyes

Well then, congratulations.  Because you're stupid.  Sad

IP Logged

Nerdychaz
Waterworks Kobold

I was queer before the
ponies!

Reply #46 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
When I lead guild runs we usually have to PUG a few slots (medium guild).  I never screen people.  I just go for what we need.  Usually, I don't even blink when I see some build that doesn't make sense to me.  It's rarely a problem in our raids.

IP Logged

Mondo
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 2:12pm:
Well then, congratulations.  Because you're stupid.  Sad

Congratulations to you to bud.

IP Logged

Combat Wombat
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
vyrn wrote on Dec 9th, 2011 at 5:15pm:

jesus vyrn is here now too this place was allot better when the only cannith players were like me and memnir Cheesy

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #49 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Mondo wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 12:11pm:

Mondo wrote on Dec 10th, 2011 at 8:36pm:
Congratulations to you to bud.

You sure showed him.

Seriously, you came to the Vault and the best you can do for a retort is "Nuh-uh, YOU are!"? And, as a super-awesome bonus, you decided to critique JakLee's insults on the grounds of originality?

Wow, just wow.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint