Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Question about LoB (Read 2108 times)
Aqualung
Ex Member

Question about LoB
Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:34am
Print Post  
First, some background.

Ran my first LoB last night on my monk. It was on hard and things went well and instructions were clear until the Ancient Dreams and Gatekeepers spawned.

We were supposed to be killing the hounds, but I kept getting aggro of the other spawn, so I defended myself and kept hitting restore the balance and drinking curse pots, but as soon as I would do that another curse would appear. Instead of just dying, I started kiting them and I had most of them on me and they start yelling at me to help kill the dogs and drink a pot.

I died, due to being outnumbered and not getting any help. No one even tried to kill off the trash. I was rezzed and we finished.

My question is, what the hell is supposed to be done with the red named trash? If you draw their aggro, are you just supposed to die and wait a minute for a rez?

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: Question about LoB
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:00am
Print Post  
Your casters (or somebody else) were supposed to get aggro and kite them, it's too resource intensive to kill the red-named trash.

At least that's what we did every time.

IP Logged

Peechie
VoD Slasher

HellNo Kitty

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Yep, your casters should have had AoEs up somewhere so melee's could ditch random agro.

I'm curious... total pug or filling out someone's guild run?
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:28am by Peechie »  

It hurts but I kinda like it!!! ~ Red m&m

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:48am
Print Post  
Ok, thanks. Now that I know, I will be able to pass them off to an arcane if they are aware.

Don't know why they liked me so much. Had 3 keepers and 2 dreams on me. One I could have handled, maybe 2, but 5 was too much without kiting.

IP Logged

Aqualung
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Peechie wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:26am:
Yep, your casters should have had AoEs up somewhere so melee's could ditch random agro.

I'm curious... total pug or filling out someone's guild run?

Channel pug.

Like I said, it went well until that point. Instructions and warnings and all that jazz. They forgot to explain what the optional was and what it would take and what to do with trash. Understandable, it is a busy raid, and they may have forgotten they had one nooblet.

I learned much, and will be less of a nooblet next time.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Channel pug.

Like I said, it went well until that point. Instructions and warnings and all that jazz. They forgot to explain what the optional was and what it would take and what to do with trash. Understandable, it is a busy raid, and they may have forgotten they had one nooblet.

I learned much, and will be less of a nooblet next time.

Did my first one last night too on smrti. Was a little messy toward the end, with him winding up every 4 seconds, but we completed easily.

IP Logged

Tommygunz
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
I have only run it once so sry i dont have much to offer.

Been to focused on lvl'n my arty.

IP Logged

Rawel
Korthos Resident

Cuss,cuss,cuss.

Reply #7 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:03pm
Print Post  
The usual way we do it is have the FVS kite and a caster that can scroll heal stay on him/her with stone to flesh scrolls and heal scrolls. Makes it a bit easier since the caster can insta kill all the non red named at the beginning and having wings is nice if not strictly necessary. The reason the caster needs to
be able to scroll heal (this can be done by bard or whatever too just makes it easier if only 2 people are occupied) is that
occasionally the wraiths that spawn will spam an insane amount of charisma damage at once making the kiter helpless or at least unable to cast spells.

IP Logged

sweez
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Rawel wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:03pm:
The reason the caster needs to
be able to scroll heal (this can be done by bard or whatever too just makes it easier if only 2 people are occupied) is that
occasionally the wraiths that spawn will spam an insane amount of charisma damage at once making the kiter helpless or at least unable to cast spells.

Yes, that part kinda sucks on a PM without the abbot ring Cry

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Rawel wrote on Dec 6th, 2011 at 1:03pm:
The usual way we do it is have the FVS kite and a caster that can scroll heal stay on him/her with stone to flesh scrolls and heal scrolls. Makes it a bit easier since the caster can insta kill all the non red named at the beginning and having wings is nice if not strictly necessary. The reason the caster needs to

A barb with cleave or a pewpewpew ranger with ips could do it too by using Sprint boost. I know I did it in my run when I had too much trash on me.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #10 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
You shouldn't have the dogs and red named trash up at the same time.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
dubyprime wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 6:08pm:
You shouldn't have the dogs and red named trash up at the same time.

This.

Kill the dogs, but leave about 2-3 of the bladesworn assassins up.

The Quori trash doesn't spawn til all the bladesworn are dead, so dance a couple of assassins, kill the artys and then the dogs, let your blue bars torc/conopp proc up, then drop the last trash and get busy on the pillars.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #12 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
In addition you get two free pillars.  So if you focus DPS correctly you can save a significant amount of time.   
"Kill all the tops first" seems to waste DPS.

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:48pm
Print Post  
dubyprime wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 10:34pm:
In addition you get two free pillars.  So if you focus DPS correctly you can save a significant amount of time.   
"Kill all the tops first" seems to waste DPS.

We start at 11 o clock, then head clockwise. We do tops then bottoms at each pillar.

IP Logged

dubyprime
Waterworks Kobold

Stainer scares me.

Reply #14 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
If you take out one pillar at a time you save DPS on two tops.   Its a decent amount of time on difficulties above normal.   

You can also Void 4 and Wrack construct pillars(debuff works). 

We usually have our void 4 monk take the forge buff and work the opposite direction of the DPS in order to avoid the DPS loss from a Void 4. 

Most Str based melees tend to do more damage to the pillars with crafted elementa/GCB throwers than a random bow as well.  (Many shot, bow str, etc aside). 

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
dubyprime wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 11:01pm:
If you take out one pillar at a time you save DPS on two tops.   Its a decent amount of time on difficulties above normal.   

You can also Void 4 and Wrack construct pillars(debuff works). 

We usually have our void 4 monk take the forge buff and work the opposite direction of the DPS in order to avoid the DPS loss from a Void 4. 

Most Str based melees tend to do more damage to the pillars with crafted elementa/GCB throwers than a random bow as well.  (Many shot, bow str, etc aside). 

I like my monk in there. Took 10k stars with some spare AP and I fucking love it. 3-4 Shuriken at a time easily.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint