Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) round 2 at ruining argo's economy (Read 21666 times)
rest
One Man Wolfpack

Re: round 2 at ruining argo's economy
Reply #25 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
So maybe I'm just retarded (strong possibility) but there is nowhere that I can "change my forum password" on my account screen. Either the FAQ is wrong, or they don't want me to change my password. What the fuck.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #26 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Finally remembered it. Jeez what a fucking pain in the ass.

IP Logged

Auran
Stormreaver Piker

www.drama.yourserver
.ok?

Reply #27 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:34pm:
I think [turbine] needs to be an actual UBBC tag.  Any suggestions for what it should do?

Maybe like:

Put text here

Opinions are like paraplegic circus penguins, no-one likes it when you shove one down their throat.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:00pm:
I'm honestly shocked that anyone would be enough of a fucking moron to post about this in a public area of the Vault.

Okay, not really shocked, because I know that people are fucking morons.  But still.  I don't know how to describe the sensation.  Sad 

you are right I shouldn't have posted here.

I just got another email stating that on top of being banned for a week I am now also on double secret probation.

crap, just remembered that I'm not supposed to talk about fight club

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 4:47pm:

I just got another email stating that on top of being banned for a week I am now also on double secret probation.

Depending on what you're posting here, using the same name here as you do on the official forums/game or making reference to your actual characters may not be the best idea.

IP Logged

Hi Welcome
King of Trolls

Drama chips... now in
Argonnessen Apple flavor!

Reply #30 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 3:34pm:
I think [turbine] needs to be an actual UBBC tag.  Any suggestions for what it should do?

Select one randomly:

Reverses the meaning of enclosed words.
Indicates the enclosed words are incorrect.
Completely misspells everything in every imaginable way.

Epoch wrote on Mar 14th, 2012 at 5:15am:
When people bring in their personal lives, it is all fair game.  This board promotes trolling.  If you bring something up, expect it to be used against you at a later date if not immediately.  You want to bring up personal shit, well, that is your problem.

Eladiun wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 1:46pm:
If one fails to understand the nuances of elite level trolling they would falsely interpret posts meant to fan the flames as support.

IP Logged

LordPiglet
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Hi Welcome wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:05pm:
Select one randomly:

Reverses the meaning of enclosed words.
Indicates the enclosed words are incorrect.
Completely misspells everything in every imaginable way.

one of the forums I use had a swedish chef forum.  They accidentally made it public when testing if for April fools.  Maybe it needs to do the same, change the information between the tags into swedish chef talk.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 4:47pm:

You're a fucking moron.  Sad

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:46pm:
You're a fucking moron.  Sad

You're a towel

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:49pm:
You're a towel

No.  No, I am not.  Sad

Seriously, what the fuck even possesses someone to be stupid enough to post shit like this in public?  I can't think of anything other than raw, blinding stupidity.  Sad

IP Logged

Gawna
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:49pm:
You're a towel

That's true.  Oak is nothing if not absorbent.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #36 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:51pm:
No.  No, I am not.  Sad

Seriously, what the fuck even possesses someone to be stupid enough to post shit like this in public?  I can't think of anything other than raw, blinding stupidity.  Sad

Not giving a fuck would be a good reason.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:57pm by furbyoats »  

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 5:56pm:
Not giving a fuck would be a good reason.

I'm pretty sure that being a giant fucking moron would be a much more likely explanation.  Because I can't see where not giving a fuck about an exploit being open that benefits yourself and a bunch of others can be anything but the move of a complete fucking idiot.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
As far as I know the exploit has been fixed in the last patch, meaning it no longer exists. I posted about how I got banned because of doing it a second time, after they supposedly fixed it.

The reason I tell people about these things in game is because it creates a surplus of resources so a wider base of players can run higher end content. I never claimed to be a moral player and I don't really care about breaking rules to win but I've never given instructions on how to do the exploit in a public thread

The only retarded things in this thread is your ability to jump to conclusions and your reading comprehension

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 7:46pm:
As far as I know the exploit has been fixed in the last patch, meaning it no longer exists. I posted about how I got banned because of doing it a second time, after they supposedly fixed it.

The reason I tell people about these things in game is because it creates a surplus of resources so a wider base of players can run higher end content. I never claimed to be a moral player and I don't really care about breaking rules to win but I've never given instructions on how to do the exploit in a public thread

The only retarded things in this thread is your ability to jump to conclusions and your reading comprehension

Considering that my problem is that this thread is clearly bringing the fact that the exploit is still live to the attention of Turbine, you really ought to be more careful where you're making your fucking reading comprehension jokes, son.  Missing the point while you're making those jokes has a certain hilarious irony, but not one that helps the whole "You're a tremendous fucking moron" situation. 

And if your goal is to create more resources, making sure the bug gets patched is an excellent way to shoot yourself in the foot.  You fucking ignorant monkey.  Sad

IP Logged

Deeds
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
uhh Oak, I think he's saying they fixed the exploit before he posted this thread.

Also, penis.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 8:40pm:
Considering that my problem is that this thread is clearly bringing the fact that the exploit is still live to the attention of Turbine, you really ought to be more careful where you're making your fucking reading comprehension jokes, son.  Missing the point while you're making those jokes has a certain hilarious irony, but not one that helps the whole "You're a tremendous fucking moron" situation. 

And if your goal is to create more resources, making sure the bug gets patched is an excellent way to shoot yourself in the foot.  You fucking ignorant monkey.  Sad 

/facepalm
they knew about it. They banned me for it before I made a post about it. Since I am banned I have no idea if they fixed it but I am assuming they did.

I'm really hoping you are just trolling me. I have no idea why but I am trying to see things from your point of view. Are you trying to insinuate that I am myddoexploit or something? The thread title was only to poke fun at whoever made the first thread about me. Are you seriously just this stupid? Please, enlighten me.
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:09pm by Overeem »  

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #42 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
Oakianus and Overeem are obviously the same person. When they combine forum names they turn into Overoaki Anusreem...commence fapping now.

Queens don't have dicks.

I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
furbyoats wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:24pm:
Oakianus and Overeem are obviously the same person. When they combine forum names they turn into Overoaki Anusreem...commence fapping now.

I just googled that. I'm kind relieved and disappointed I didn't find anything.   Cry

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #44 - Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:34pm:
I just googled that. I'm kind relieved and disappointed I didn't find anything.   Cry

Queens don't have dicks.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Overeem wrote on Dec 7th, 2011 at 11:01pm:
/facepalm
they knew about it. They banned me for it before I made a post about it. Since I am banned I have no idea if they fixed it but I am assuming they did.

I'm really hoping you are just trolling me. I have no idea why but I am trying to see things from your point of view. Are you trying to insinuate that I am myddoexploit or something? The thread title was only to poke fun at whoever made the first thread about me. Are you seriously just this stupid? Please, enlighten me.

They fixed it in a patch, but that was eight hours after your OP and you had no way of knowing that they were going to fix round two of the exploit.

I'm starting to think that you just got punished for using the old exploit and didn't even know that there was still a way to do it up until the patch.  Either that or you really are a dumbass.  Sad

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #46 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 3:50am
Print Post  
Who cares if he shared it? He was banned because of it so they obviously knew about it.  I have heard of a few bannings before his and knew turbine was fixing it very soon.

Also, you should very well know Turbine always has the time to fix an exploit.  It goes something like this:
1. Exploit found.
2. Sound alarm.
3. Everyone stops what they are doing and follows proper exploit procedure.
4. Noone goes home or is allowed bathroom breaks until said exploit is fixed.
5. Sudden maintenance or some such thing is called and servers are brought down for no maintenance - just the exploit patch.
6. Everyone gets to go home and have a bathroom break once again.
7. Exploiters search for a new exploit.
8. We find one, or several.
9. We share the info.
10. Someone rats.
11. Go back to step 1 and repeat until servers shutdown for good.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Like I said earlier, Turbine is pretty fucking good at not knowing what the fuck is going on at any particular moment, so until it's officially found and shut down, it's pretty fucking stupid to put anything out where it's going to be read by Turbine employees.

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #48 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 8th, 2011 at 3:54am:
Like I said earlier, Turbine is pretty fucking good at not knowing what the fuck is going on at any particular moment, so until it's officially found and shut down, it's pretty fucking stupid to put anything out where it's going to be read by Turbine employees. 

I cannot think of one exploit where a ban was issued before the fix that the fix wasn't within the next few days.  All it means was they knew of it, they just didn't have an appropriate fix for it until now.  There is a good chance they knew of it within a day or two of the patch of the last exploit and have been watching for it so they could hand out bans while they attempted the fix. 

Turbine has always been good about squelching exploits.  Just never anything else.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Overeem
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 10:43am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:20am:
They fixed it in a patch, but that was eight hours after your OP and you had no way of knowing that they were going to fix round two of the exploit.

I'm starting to think that you just got punished for using the old exploit and didn't even know that there was still a way to do it up until the patch.  Either that or you really are a dumbass.  Sad 

I'm just going to go with you are really just this dumb. They knew about the workaround to their fix and right before they banned me I saw them ban my friend.   They saw us comming and banned us before the patch specifically for round 2. Either way I got what i wanted from it and it seems to me that you are getting your panties in a bunch because you didn't get a chance to use it.

I'll try putting this in terms you can understand, hurr derp derp derp click clack durr durr

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint