Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Builds: Favorites, most common and overused. (Read 37631 times)
Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Re: Builds: Favorites, most common and overused.
Reply #225 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:24am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:21am:
What's even more pathetic is having the irresistible urge to correct grammar on the internet. EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. DAY.

Seriously. We get it. She's oh-so-super smart and oh-so-much better than all of us moronic mouth breathers. It's her shtick, but it's worn extremely thin. Time for her to learn a new trick.

If she puts half as much effort into teaching those kids at her school as she does correcting the grammar mistakes she sees on the vault every day, the next generation of kids (at least in MA or wherever she's from) will be the undisputed grammar champions of the entire English speaking world.

I'm obviously a bit biased in this regard, but I don't exactly see it as so much of a correcting specific grammar bits as it is thinking that people who talk like morons are, in fact, morons.  And then pointing out "Hey, you appear to be a moron."

Like in this thread.  "Your writing makes my eyes bleed" isn't exactly a correction.  It's just a declaration that you think someone's stupid.  Which isn't a very difficult conclusion to reach when reading a strawberrybacon post.  Sad

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #226 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:31am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:24am:
I'm obviously a bit biased in this regard, but I don't exactly see it as so much of a correcting specific grammar bits as it is thinking that people who talk like morons are, in fact, morons.  And then pointing out "Hey, you appear to be a moron."

Like in this thread.  "Your writing makes my eyes bleed" isn't exactly a correction.  It's just a declaration that you think someone's stupid.  Which isn't a very difficult conclusion to reach when reading a strawberrybacon post.  Sad

I'll admit I try not to read Grace's posts anymore, so maybe what you're saying is true. However when I stumble across one of her posts by accident in a thread, the majority of the time she is calling someone out for the way they type, because of their incorrect use of grammar or to assert her obvious superiority over whoever she is addressing. Hence why I try not to read her posts.

Bias is ok, we're still friends. But just as friends.

Wait. Was I not supposed to start a sentence using the word but? Ack! Was I not supposed to end that sentence with the same word? Grammar on the internet is hard Sad Sad

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #227 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:31am:
I'll admit I try not to read Grace's posts anymore, so maybe what you're saying is true. However when I stumble across one of her posts by accident in a thread, the majority of the time she is calling someone out for the way they type, because of their incorrect use of grammar or to assert her obvious superiority over whoever she is addressing. Hence why I try not to read her posts.

Bias is ok, we're still friends. But just as friends.

Wait. Was I not supposed to start a sentence using the word but? Ack! Was I not supposed to end that sentence with the same word? Grammar on the internet is hard Sad Sad

Ha!  I don't really buy into the whole beginning a sentence with a conjunction being bad.  I'm pretty sure it's perfectly all right, especially in an informal context. 

And to be fair, she really is at least a bit better than most people.  Again, somewhat biased here, but I'm sayin.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #228 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Everyone is better at something that at least one other person. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #229 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:38am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:37am:
Everyone is better at something that at least one other person. That's not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Like your mom is better at manipulating penises? 

Oh

fucking

SNAP. 

That's right, I went there.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #230 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:38am:
Like your mom is better at manipulating penises? 

Oh

fucking

SNAP. 

That's right, I went there. 

I think you accidentally hit enter a few too many times when you were typing out your second sentence. Jesus Tapdancing Christ you people fucking SUCK at typing on teh intarwebz.

Also: food stamps and liberalism.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #231 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:56am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:52am:
Also: food stamps and liberalism.

Nice tie in.

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Cale
Abbot Raider

Meh.... Drama

Reply #232 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:31am:
I'll admit I try not to read Grace's posts anymore, so maybe what you're saying is true.

There are quite a few people here in my mental Ignore list.  When I accidentally read one of their posts I have to fight the urge to reply.

IP Logged

strawberrybacon
Waterworks Kobold

KrazyKats

Reply #233 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:11am
Print Post  
rest wrote on Dec 14th, 2011 at 10:21am:
... undisputed grammar champions of the entire English speaking world.

IP Logged

furbyoats
Stormreaver Piker

One stroke at a time...

Reply #234 - Dec 15th, 2011 at 11:13am
Print Post  

Ungood wrote on Jul 29th, 2011 at 2:17pm:
Queens don't have dicks.

Atenhotep wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 1:56am:
I spend every evening naked in a fetal position crying because my penis is so small.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Send TopicPrint